Anvil by Vestratto

My_50p_worth

When I first got my Blazer FireFox, the flame on max was hyuuuuuge. After using it for maybe 2 weeks, the flame on max stays just the right size for the Anvil.

This could possibly be from using lower grade butane. If that’s the case your nice side effect could develop into a blocked nozzle at worst, or at best an inconsistent flame that alternates between combusting your load and under cooking it

Just a warning as I’ve borked some good torches this way - all the crap slowly blocks it up, so you won’t see the issue until it is an issue

3xFantasyChamp

This could possibly be from using lower grade butane. If that’s the case your nice side effect could develop into a blocked nozzle at worst, or at best an inconsistent flame that alternates between combusting your load and under cooking it

Just a warning as I’ve borked some good torches this way - all the crap slowly blocks it up, so you won’t see the issue until it is an issue
Ah yeah, that could be the case. I definitely picked up a random bottle of butane when I was at a dispensary. I'll have to lookup the better brands for butane.

delta hotel

Being entirely new to torches and butane, is this something you can correct or clean? Or is it that once you've borked it, you've borked it. I guess I've got a little more to learn than I thought.

My_50p_worth

Being entirely new to torches and butane, is this something you can correct or clean? Or is it that once you've borked it, you've borked it. I guess I've got a little more to learn than I thought.
Oh yeah it’s absolutely reversible - up to a point.

You are most likely nowhere near that point though so not to worry!

Basically just get some good quality butane (anything that specifically states that it is between 10-12x refined and is available in your country)

Empty your lighter by pressing the valve - I usually hold it down until no more air can be heard coming out.

Refill with new butane, job done

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Ah yeah, that could be the case. I definitely picked up a random bottle of butane when I was at a dispensary. I'll have to lookup the better brands for butane.
I smoked cigars for 20 years...very active online buying online,,,,trading,,..selling...was very active in a couple of forums for cigar smokers...those guys buy lighters...high end...and only use the best fuel...best place to buy is a retail established cigar store...good ones have smoking lounges and such...they will sell good quality fuel...my local has been around for 30 years...I dont buy cigars anymore but buy a ton of fuel from him...he sells Lucienne from England...7 bucks for large can...

3xFantasyChamp

I smoked cigars for 20 years...very active online buying online,,,,trading,,..selling...was very active in a couple of forums for cigar smokers...those guys buy lighters...high end...and only use the best fuel...best place to buy is a retail established cigar store...good ones have smoking lounges and such...they will sell good quality fuel...my local has been around for 30 years...I dont buy cigars anymore but buy a ton of fuel from him...he sells Lucienne from England...7 bucks for large can...
Yep, that's actually a great idea. I'll be out running some errands today. I'm going to stop by a local cigar shop and see what they have for butane. Appreciate you and @My_50p_worth.

Glorg

I’m using puretane which is marketed as culinary butane and claims a slightly softer flame, not sure if that’s accurate or not but my cheap crème brûlée torch with puretane is working absolutely perfect it gives a fat fast clicking flame that you need, I don’t think it’s as brutally sharp in the pinpointed heat like a proper blazer can be which I feel like is a good thing in this case but the only blazer I have is a big buddy to compare and that’s way to big. I’ve been eyeing the Firefox but at the price I’m going to wait until my current batch of torches die before jumping on more redundant gear. Side note are there any actual pictures of the .2 bowl that aren’t 3D renders ? I feel like they weren’t ready for the sale and it was an advanced play which is fine it would be nice to know though.

Glorg,
Reactions: seki

My_50p_worth

Lucienne from England
I should be ashamed to have never heard of this butane from my homeland, I’ll have to try and grab some

I’m usually running Newport butane as my local head shop sells it £1:50 a can, which is around the same price as the low quality clipper stuff most shops stock here

For those not on the premium butane train, it’s the shit

sesh732

Imaginable
What are you folks doing for an out and about setup with the anvil? Need some inspiration to get this thing off my desk.
Anvil in tube, Wand IH, O'Connell 14mm j-hook or a Grav sphere mini, the containers linked below filled with various strains, and the magnet linked below. Wand plus magnet combo makes outdoor use a lot easier, especially in wind. The magnet helps a lot as other folks here have said...I can only imagine it was an oversight not using an axial magnet in the Anvil case!

sesh732,

TooHightooFly52

So I've had my Anvil for a week.
The ISpire wand? What's the heat up and abv like?
When I tried it with my Anvil, it would be a massive hit followed by a small hit and that would be it. The abv was a very light brown. That being said, I had it in what I call dynavap mode, 250 degrees to save battery life. I actually didn't have a great torch to use with this device - got a Blazer Torch yesterday. The difference between the wand and torch I got is night and day.

With the wand, the effects were ok, but nothing special. It was annoying seeing how light the abv was and it wouldn't produce any more vapor.

With the torch... Jesus christ. First of all, the hit was sooooo massive and thick I actually thought I combusted. The effects, it felt like I hit a half bag of my volcano classic. A second bowl was done 30 minutes later and that was it for me. Such an awesome piece!!!

sesh732

Imaginable
With the Wand I'm getting around 55 seconds before the first click and two distinct clicks. ABV is light roasted coffee color which is the way I usually like it. If I want to ride the line I'll wait four or five seconds after the click. Later heat ups are faster after the battery has heat soaked a bit. I combusted twice with this method but it was user error, the tip of the Anvil was resting on a cold metal table so the battery got too hot before the click happened.

Edit: I have the wand set at 800 in concentrate mode. The temp did not seem to matter with dynavaps but it keeps the wand from timing out while heating the Anvil.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I have a vertigo triple torch lighter, cheap, hits in three points at once kinda hugging around the bottom copper ring. Can heat to click in 25 sec. Pull off at 20 sec then let come to a click by itself and way better flavor and production. Less crazy looking then a torch for some?:tup:

3xFantasyChamp

I have a vertigo triple torch lighter, cheap, hits in three points at once kinda hugging around the bottom copper ring. Can heat to click in 25 sec. Pull off at 20 sec then let come to a click by itself and way better flavor and production. Less crazy looking then a torch for some?:tup:
Dang, I have one of those vertigo lighters from around 2018 when I first bought an M lol. I'm going to try that out.

My_50p_worth

Finally dialled my in my torch, after many combustions and experiments to get peak RTL performance consistently

With my Firefox, I turn the fuel as low as it can go while still igniting the torch. Hold the copper block 1-2 mm away from the tip of the flame. Perfect even AVB that looks black but doesn’t taste of charring in the slightest.

Let’s just hope this Newport stuff keeps my flame consistent so I don’t have to go through this process ever again :rofl:

kilo

I'd like to see for one of these concave mirror setups for solar-powered vaping!

Just need to reconfigure the holder so the focused rays hit the battery.

iu

Top Bottom