Anvil by Vestratto

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
So I guess I’m getting a .2 bowl, XL mouthpiece and a heat shield or two, lol

also One of the new futo stashes I think, once they are listed.

got an ounce of some fire herb and an ounce of concentrates on its way for 4/20!
The Anvil will be in heavy rotation!

spent way too much money the last couple months

Just had my first hit. Wow!

First thing I did was a quick iso bath, then reassembled and got acquainted with the components with the help of John's YouTube videos. I'm really impressed with the build quality at first glance, and the device is seriously beautiful. I love the purple heatshield I chose. Also really liking the heft and weight of the unit in my hand. Nice and substantial. It definitely feels like a premium device. The case is pretty nice too.

I had read about torches, heating times and techniques, etc. before getting the device, so I kinda already had an idea of where to start. I set the airflow half open, loaded .05g in the half bowl and dropped the Anvil in my goo roo large inline bubbler. Pulled out the Blazer Firefox, adjusted the flame, and started heating the little divot right above the thermal battery. Took 35 seconds to click. I got one nice big hit and a second much smaller cleanup hit. Pulled the bowl off and was surprised to find that the AVB was still a fairly light brown. I did a second heat cycle for fun (I was a little nervous I was going to combust for some reason even though I was sure I heard a cooldown click) with the same technique, but this yielded almost zero vapor and poor taste. The AVB was dark coffee brown at this point. Totally uniform.

Now I'm baked off my ass and scared to try the full bowl - .1g will wreck me! Really enjoying the vape signature so far, it's quite stoney and nice. One hit and I'm already fucking sold on this thing. :lol:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
i have the knock off honest 503 pencil torch and like it but it wouldnt hurt if it were slightly stronger like the blazer firefox, there are a few users with the pt-4000. The top 3 seem to be the Blazer firefox, pb-207 and pt-4000 or i guess any other torch similar to these, if you have any questions please feel free to hit me up and i would be happy to help as well as the other users who have been super helpful in helping others when im not around...great to see many of you comfortable with your units and enjoying them

Here are some general times i give people to help find the sweet spot on their torches

If you have a smaller lower powered pocket torch that CANT get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Honest single flame, Jabon single flame ) i recommend these heating times (note: you will not be able to RTL)
Dark roast/Thermal battery = 45-50 sec (great vapour production with great flav) My Fav
Med roast/Center oven = 35-40 sec (good vapour production with great flav)
light roast/Top ring = 25-30 sec (less vapor production with amazing flav)

If you CAN get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Blazer firefox ) i would recommend these heating times
Ride the line (RTL)/Thermal battery = 30-35 sec (great vapor production with minimal flav)
Medium roast/Center oven = 20-25 sec (Great vapor production with great flav) My Fav
light roast/Top ring = 10-20 sec (Good vapour production with amazing flav)

@Whiff , this time info along with pic of battery have been super helpful for me to get dialed in to the Anvil. Thanks for it!

Are there different suggested heat times or spots to aim torch when using the half bowl vs full bowl?
I cannot seem to figure out the half bowl timing/aim right.

TeaCup

Got my shipping email today! Got my Firefox 4 days early today!

Quick take on the Firefox before I've even used it.........can the child safety lock be broken off? I don't find it easy at all to push that down, very uncomfortable for me.

TeaCup,

coolbreeze

Is it better than a vapcap experience? (in your opinion)
Hard to say cuz I'm pretty high. It's different, more like a ball vape because of the convection signature. You get a DV-sized bowl blasted at you in one hit. It tastes fine on a deep brown roast and really nice towards golden. Very dark brown tastes dark but not as bad as you would guess looking at it. It roasts evenly and thoroughly at every point I tested. I myself am roasted evenly, and thoroughly.

Better? Yes and no. It does things well that DVs can't do as well, but it won't replace their use for me. They serve different functions, I guess.

Edit: So, uh, to answer your question: yes, overall. I really like a convection high; this thing is powerful; it handles flavor reasonably well; has a fun ritual. It's quicker than a full heat soak so you can do a 'fast' blast instead of turning on and heating up the ball vape. And, not necessarily: the DV is much easier to hit-and-run, I think, and just has pleasures of its own, including the conduction stoniness. They're ranges on a continuum and in some ways complimentary,

Last edited:

TeaCup

There are different body styles on this link. One of which has a base that allows it to stand upright.
Thanks, I didn't even see that one. I'm gonna order the one I was asking about and just use it in a future brick, or my packed away Vapman.

If it's not too OT what do folks recommend for my butane reup?
I use this 👇 I went to my local cigar shop and this is all they had, but I think it's supposed to be really good. That's alot cheaper than I pay at the shop for it too.

My_50p_worth

Within the month or so I’ve had this -

I’ve gone from being blown away by one bowl and struggling to clear the entire RTL hit in one bong breath

To being able to clear an RTL hit in one breath and doing 4 of them in a row before going to the supermarket

Time for a T-break? Most definitely. That .2 bowl can’t come soon enough

Does anyone else experience their tolerance creep up with this thing?

And thanks @seki, I appreciate your fair and objective viewpoint in regards to the supreme. Let’s hope that one day I’ll have one in the rotation as those baller vapes don’t quite appeal to me like a big hunk of metal heated by big fire.

Last edited:

Texus

There was that one guy who said it got him too high so he put it up for sale:zzz:

vestratto should quote that guy for some marketing haha
I mean, I blame the Anvil for me returning to the Sticky Brick Junior. It has become the hunt for a high calorie badass since Anvil has raised the standard. Been a great time.

Tough to beat the power and calories a torch can dish out.

Stananton

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here.

Anvil is coming my way to Poland (EU), but unfortunetly customs/ dhl customs reached to me via email asking what the hell is that thing, what is it for? and what is it made of? I'm afraid that honest answer may result in customs turning it back to Canada, espescialy i live in prohibition country.

Any ideas for proper non ofensive description? Maybe ''essential oil extractor''?

Just did the full bowl with a loose pack, which was only .07g (pretty fresh flower stored with 62% Boveda packs). Did a RTL hit with a 35 second click. Really nice stuff. Flavor wasn't amazing (makes sense) but "fine" as @coolbreeze said. Vapor was on par with my heaviest hitters. AVB was totally uniform dark coffee. I feel like I'll be able to dial in a dose super easily with this thing. I'm impressed so far.

One thing I will say, I totally want that XL mouthpiece for the extra handling length. The cool part of the body is too short right now. It's not terrible, but more length would be really nice. Just will be tough to swallow that shipping cost again for a small accessory.

cptofnthng

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here.

Anvil is coming my way to Poland (EU), but unfortunetly customs/ dhl customs reached to me via email asking what the hell is that thing, what is it for? and what is it made of? I'm afraid that honest answer may result in customs turning it back to Canada, espescialy i live in prohibition country.

Any ideas for proper non ofensive description? Maybe ''essential oil extractor''?
How about a non electric thermal Extraction device?
Used for ehm thermal extraction. Of ehm idfk.

Knewt

Got my shipping email today! Got my Firefox 4 days early today!

Quick take on the Firefox before I've even used it.........can the child safety lock be broken off? I don't find it easy at all to push that down, very uncomfortable for me.
I used a small punch and pushed the axle of the safety lock out, tab fell off. I can return it back to original if needed.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I mean, I blame the Anvil for me returning to the Sticky Brick Junior. It has become the hunt for a high calorie badass since Anvil has raised the standard. Been a great time.

Tough to beat the power and calories a torch can dish out.
The speedy extraction and heavy hitting of the Anvil remind me of my og Brick too yeah. I still feel like I can wring more vapor out of .1g or less than double that amount in the Brick though.

I do think having such an easy, repeatable white-out bubbler hit from a small load poses a tolerance risk. I treat it like my OAB/VB and just enjoy fewer big clouds: like instead of a Splinter Z stem that I'd hit four times it's a OAB scoop that I finish in three or an Anvil bowl finished in two.

Just did the full bowl with a loose pack, which was only .07g (pretty fresh flower stored with 62% Boveda packs). Did a RTL hit with a 35 second click. Really nice stuff. Flavor wasn't amazing (makes sense) but "fine" as @coolbreeze said. Vapor was on par with my heaviest hitters. AVB was totally uniform dark coffee. I feel like I'll be able to dial in a dose super easily with this thing. I'm impressed so far.

One thing I will say, I totally want that XL mouthpiece for the extra handling length. The cool part of the body is too short right now. It's not terrible, but more length would be really nice. Just will be tough to swallow that shipping cost again for a small accessory.
For better flavor you can heat slightly above the copper and then remove the chamber with your magnet to get a quick cool down click and finish in two. I have some strains that don't seem to show out on hit two while others yield a second hit just as impressive as the first one. Maybe I need to wait a bit after the BCG fine grind to dry it out

sesh732

Imaginable
Anvil arrived to me yesterday, a full week early. I'm impressed with the function and it seems like a device that will last forever. Used my Wand IH only so I haven't tried a torch yet. I don't feel a need to use a torch because the IH leaves me hands free while I wait for the click. I'm getting around 55 seconds before hearing two distinct clicks on the first heat up, then maybe 45-50 seconds on later bowls after the heat soak. I did combust once but I think it was my Wand technique at fault...the Anvil herb chamber was resting on cold metal and it seems like the cold soak from the table delayed the click too much.

Can't wait to get off work and do more testing! Tonight, concentrate sandwiches!

3xFantasyChamp

Anvil arrived to me yesterday, a full week early. I'm impressed with the function and it seems like a device that will last forever. Used my Wand IH only so I haven't tried a torch yet. I don't feel a need to use a torch because the IH leaves me hands free while I wait for the click. I'm getting around 55 seconds before hearing two distinct clicks on the first heat up, then maybe 45-50 seconds on later bowls after the heat soak. I did combust once but I think it was my Wand technique at fault...the Anvil herb chamber was resting on cold metal and it seems like the cold soak from the table delayed the click too much.

Can't wait to get off work and do more testing! Tonight, concentrate sandwiches!
Those concentrate sandwiches are a powerful thing.... :bowdown:I've been eating a little too much of those lately. Hit some flower bowls in the Anvil last night. All I could think is "Damn do I need a t-break!"

Knightsofcamelot

Hello! I got my Anvil in yesterday and some time to play with it. My blazer PT4000 didn't have enough flame size to get the the thermal battery to click in 30-35 seconds luckily my vapman torch had enought to click in the 30-35 second window. Overall had a great first day with the new device, a few things that could use some improvement or if I'm doing something wrong please let me know!
1. The utility case magnet is not alligned and can be a pain in the ass to use, sometimes it goes on there effortlessly, other times usually when the device is hot I can't get the Anvil centered on the magnet.
2. When I use the debowler magnet and pull the anvil off the top part that seats on the o rings of the air valve, the head will move up and I lose all airflow, pushing the device together fixes the problem, the issue that I run into is only realizing this after I've heated the device up all the way lol.

caliganja420

I have combusted 3 times already in the last week of ownership, I like to heat the middle copper ring above the thermal battery. if I go any lower it will combust, but if I heat the middle copper ring ABV will be too light. if I heat between the thermal battery and the middle copper ring it will also combust. any help?

Top Bottom