Anvil by Vestratto

3xFantasyChamp

I have to go back and watch the clip again, but I didn't get the sense that Troy or Jerry were that enamored with the Anvil. Troy was talking about it for a while, but kept hitting his Flowerpot.
Same. I didn't watch for too long, but I must have joined near the end of the stream or something. I didn't see them show the Anvil at all. They were playing some game where they were identifying devices/accessories from each other's collection. Then they were hitting some DV's with the wrapped caps.

DarkRoast

Same. I didn't watch for too long, but I must have joined near the end of the stream or something. I didn't see them show the Anvil at all. They were playing some game where they were identifying devices/accessories from each other's collection. Then they were hitting some DV's with the wrapped caps.
Doesn't help they're in the awkward spot of being sponsored by Dynavap... They had a mixup where they weren't sure if they should do their DV ads or jump into reviewing the Anvil. These boys are entertaining but I feel they MAY be influenced by their sponsors.

stonedmallone

Doesn't help they're in the awkward spot of being sponsored by Dynavap... They had a mixup where they weren't sure if they should do their DV ads or jump into reviewing the Anvil. These boys are entertaining but I feel they MAY be influenced by their sponsors.
I think this is the case. Nothing against them iknow it puts them in a tough position and I will always defend putting food on your plate. But it did seem odd they played an ad right before discussing the anvil, they've never done that before. Plus Troy saying he didn't use the anvil the whole week before the stream was interesting to. Figured you would want to know how to use it by the time you show it off.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
I'm not sure if this should be here or in the shipping thread. So shipping is $25 from Canada to Michigan thru Vestratto. I just ordered from futo, who also is in Canada and there shipping is only $10. Does anyone have a legitimate reason for this?
There are different shipping options
the $10 shipping is the cheapest n slowest way and the $20 is expedited i believe. When i was working at PH Canada Post would have soem packages in Cali in like 3 days or so it was impressive, since covid everything has changed and even within Canada shipments have been horrible

My guess is that was the cheaper shipping option as expedited shipments avg at $20

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I’ve found that the Blazer Firefox is the perfect torch for repeatable results. Another necessary piece of kit. And it holds several days worth of butane for my usage
Any chance you can share a pic of the Firefox with the flame on max? Before spending Blazer money to upgrade from my off-brand Amazon torch I'd be keen to see a pointy flame that gets longer than an inch.
Yeah I mean what's Troy gonna tell us that we don't already know? Are you on the fence about getting one?

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Been using the pt4000 with my Anvil.After filling with butane the last time it had an orange flame that was longer than the torch. Impossible to use as it was a huge flame and sorta figured it was toast. But decided to mess with it some. Turned it to lowest setting and still large flame. Then I decided to try a short purge at the butane input. Just pressed it down a couple times and heard butane escaping. Then tried it again and now back to normal and like new. No more huge flame. So I was able to fix and has been fine since. Air inside tank? Who knows. Saved a torch I was gonna write off.

seki

Any chance you can share a pic of the Firefox with the flame on max? Before spending Blazer money to upgrade from my off-brand Amazon torch I'd be keen to see a pointy flame that gets longer than an inch.
My Firefox flame isn't very long on the highest setting. Not sure if this is specific to my unit as I've only got the one to go by, but I find that there is no flame adjustment beyond the halfway point on the lever. The flame gets as large as it's going to get when the lever is set to around the half-way point:
It's been okay for me as I only use this with the Anvil and my preferred flame size for it is only 1-1.5cm. I did try it with the Supreme 3.5 with a full power flame. I was hoping I could do away with my culinary torch, but I found the FF to be a little under-powered for it.

jasp3r

My Firefox flame isn't very long on the highest setting. Not sure if this is specific to my unit as I've only got the one to go by, but I find that there is no flame adjustment beyond the halfway point on the lever. The flame gets as large as it's going to get when the lever is set to around the half-way point:
It's been okay for me as I only use this with the Anvil and my preferred flame size for it is only 1-1.5cm. I did try it with the Supreme 3.5 with a full power flame. I was hoping I could do away with my culinary torch, but I found the FF to be a little under-powered for it.
Strange! Mine def has way more adjustment than that. Maybe try filing it with more butane? Looks like yours is running low but I doubt that's the case since you're a hardened vape veteran.

But let me ask. Is that the product bought from Amazon?

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
vestratto.png
+
sneak2.png

Could a @Vestratto / Sneaky Pete partnership be an ideal solution to develop and market the Anvil ?

In this fictional reality, Sneaky would handle all marketing and sales, including: videos, packaging, written and graphic instructions, web content, assist in product development and most importantly customer service and wait list contacts.

IMO he’s done all of the above in spades and done them very well. He’s developed his own line of glass pieces for retail and wholesale, as well as other items. He’s a videographer and copy writer by trade with a very professional and successful online retail presence.

John for his part would focus on what he enjoys the most; engineering and creating unique products. Spending his retirement years happily operating new machinery (MAS) and tinkering for many hours a day in his ever expanding and productive shop.

The whole retail side of the operation i.e. web store, CS etc. is all new to his world and a distraction to what he really would prefer to be doing. Producing cool products that stoners want!

Here’s to the successful future of the Anvil what ever it be. :cheers:

Last edited:

ontopofclouds

I have to go back and watch the clip again, but I didn't get the sense that Troy or Jerry were that enamored with the Anvil. Troy was talking about it for a while, but kept hitting his Flowerpot. Jerry was talking about the pros and cons of the Anvil, but kept hitting his herborizer. I don't think either of them actually used it on the show last night. :lol:
they both hit it multiple times over the course of the session and went through their evaluations of the device like they do with any other vape

seems very weird to have to lie about something like this, you can just say that you didn't watch the video

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Been using the pt4000 with my Anvil.After filling with butane the last time it had an orange flame that was longer than the torch. Impossible to use as it was a huge flame and sorta figured it was toast. But decided to mess with it some. Turned it to lowest setting and still large flame. Then I decided to try a short purge at the butane input. Just pressed it down a couple times and heard butane escaping. Then tried it again and now back to normal and like new. No more huge flame. So I was able to fix and has been fine since. Air inside tank? Who knows. Saved a torch I was gonna write off.
Yeah it’s air in the tank, best to purge turn torch upside down and fill with butane without stopping to avoid air gaps and let sit for 5 mins

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have to go back and watch the clip again, but I didn't get the sense that Troy or Jerry were that enamored with the Anvil. Troy was talking about it for a while, but kept hitting his Flowerpot. Jerry was talking about the pros and cons of the Anvil, but kept hitting his herborizer. I don't think either of them actually used it on the show last night. :lol:

Well, I did go back to review the video and see that they did use and review the Anvil at an earlier time than I thought. I guess I doozed off a few times last night without realizing it. So I'll eat crow and apologize. I was accused earier of being a liar and I wanted to clear the air that in fact I was ignorant on the matter, but a liar I am not. Thanks.

seki

Strange! Mine def has way more adjustment than that. Maybe try filing it with more butane? Looks like yours is running low but I doubt that's the case since you're a hardened vape veteran.

But let me ask. Is that the product bought from Amazon?
It is from Amazon. I'm noticing now the angle of the vid doesn't actually show the length of the inner flame well. As best as I can measure without burning myself, the inner flame is actually about 1" despite it looking a bit shorter in the video. This isn't on a freshly filled tank, but it's still more than half full based on when I last filled it up.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
they both hit it multiple times over the course of the session and went through their evaluations of the device like they do with any other vape
It was interesting that they felt they couldn’t do a proper Anvil vs heavy comparison primarily bc of the load size. I would have thought that the rubies, glass setups, and plug-in power would have been bigger factors.

The thing that rarely gets mentioned is that the Anvil makes a great heavier hitter for those who don’t have the budget, space, or lifestyle to justify a big ass desktop in their lives.

JPE

It was interesting that they felt they couldn’t do a proper Anvil vs heavy comparison primarily bc of the load size. I would have thought that the rubies, glass setups, and plug-in power would have been bigger factors.

The thing that rarely gets mentioned is that the Anvil makes a great heavier hitter for those who don’t have the budget, space, or lifestyle to justify a big ass desktop in their lives.
Yeah, I don't want a big ass desktop. Sold all mine and stick to small vapes now. That's why Anvil caught my eye, otherwise I'd still be using my OG Simrell Vortex.

Datoneguy

So true. Ended up packing away my desktop recently and exclusively am using the Anvil and Vapcaps. Really nice change being able to take out a vape for a quick session and then hide it away a couple minutes later. Love my desktop but it also requires that I basically dedicate a table to vaping for the day. Anvil has been great for allowing that desktop performance without me having to put up with some of the more cumbersome traits of a desktop vape. I'm going to break out the desktop in a couple months just to see how it feels going back to desktop usage, but for now it's been pretty nice leaving behind the desktop vaping experience for a bit.

Sidenote, I am considering a 2nd Anvil at some point. Does that still count as VAS? Lol. Followup question, any guesstimate on when they might be taking orders outside of the waitlist? Feel like I might wait till then for a second unit if I do so.

Last edited:

Ralph

I find it amazing that all of the user videos out there showing how much vapor the Anvil produces with just the half bowl and people still don't believe it. The fact that people compare it to a hard hitting desktop or even mention it the same breath should speak volumes to how good it really is. It may take a week or two to dial it in and find the sweet spot, but once you do its like riding a bike. It's in its infancy stage and I can see this thing getting better and better every year as they tweak the design, bowls, or a dedicated heater.

Comfortably Numb

So true. Ended up packing away my desktop recently and exclusively am using the Anvil and Vapcaps. Really nice change being able to take out a vape for a quick session and then hide it away a couple minutes later. Love my desktop but it also requires that I basically dedicate a table to vaping for the day. Anvil has been great for allowing that desktop performance without me having to put up with some of the more cumbersome traits of a desktop vape. I'm going to break out the desktop in a couple months just to see how it feels going back to desktop usage, but for now it's been pretty nice leaving behind the desktop vaping experience for a bit.

Sidenote, I am considering a 2nd Anvil at some point. Does that still count as VAS? Lol. Followup question, any guesstimate on when they might be taking orders outside of the waitlist? Feel like I might wait till then for a second unit if I do so.
I get the feeling Sneaky Pete will be the first to sell these....thinking within next 1-3 months...I am hoping to order newer accessories when available and would prefer to not have to deal with shipping from other countries.

My_50p_worth

Interesting, my Firefox behaves the exact same. I’ve come to like it that way, as I can leave the flame on max and focus solely on distance. The high adjustability of my previous torch was definitely more of a hindrance as it was harder to keep a consistent flame size as fuel levels changed.

How’s the supreme by the way? I’ve been dying to get hold of one but I’m obviously years late to the party and further disadvantaged by being in the UK - I feel it’ll be a few years for me to obtain one yet haha

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I find it amazing that all of the user videos out there showing how much vapor the Anvil produces with just the half bowl and people still don't believe it. The fact that people compare it to a hard hitting desktop or even mention it the same breath should speak volumes to how good it really is. It may take a week or two to dial it in and find the sweet spot, but once you do its like riding a bike. It's in its infancy stage and I can see this thing getting better and better every year as they tweak the design, bowls, or a dedicated heater.
I agree, even without an RTL first heat up you can chalk up a bubbler with a quickness, remove the bowl for the click and get a second big hit from just a half bowl.

I notice now that my cheaper Honest pencil two pack is less pointy (also noisier) and the click coming sooner seems to make for a less impressive total extraction than taking a bit longer with the pointy Ronx dialed back a bit (or the smaller Blazer PT4000 on max).

For me the only inconsistency left in the equation is the torch performance. If I have a messy long single flame and get a rapid click the vapor production won't be as impressive even if the abv is dark enough to qualify as one and done.

Interesting, my Firefox behaves the exact same. I’ve come to like it that way, as I can leave the flame on max and focus solely on distance. The high adjustability of my previous torch was definitely more of a hindrance as it was harder to keep a consistent flame size as fuel levels changed.

How’s the supreme by the way? I’ve been dying to get hold of one but I’m obviously years late to the party and further disadvantaged by being in the UK - I feel it’ll be a few years for me to obtain one yet haha
Yeah, I do think a pointy flame that's just big enough gives great results. I suspect not every Blazer of the same model has the same max flame though. Really you just don't want to get stuck in the fifty second click range. Any pointy Blazer that can click on the battery in 35 seconds or less is gonna give chef's kiss extraction with as much flavor or RTL density as you care to dial up.

I suspect folks using multi flame torches are missing some of the copious vapor production from a pointy torch. If Troy was using a big banger torch and clicking in ten or twelve seconds that makes his ad-supported review even more of a whiff, as it were.

I've clearly fashioned myself some sort of budget torch snob like I did with Red Panda mods as the only CIVILIZED pairing for the Splinter Z. Proof is in the proverbial pudding, as they say.

Last edited:

par337

Budget? C'mon now, anyone who can buy an Anvil can afford a heavy. Especially with the new budget ball vapes.

Top Bottom