Anvil by Vestratto

hoyo77

She has arrived, did the pre clean and soak with iso and have just finished my first hit. the flavor reminds me of “the hammer” and the flower pot. density of vapor well i’ll just say this is a mini supreme! can’t wait to get the other chambers, probably not needed but i want them. only disappointing thing i can say is the case and that has been addressed. i think future storage units should have a place for all chambers. damn i am like medicated as fuck off one chamber!! @Whiff i do not see how you made it that night on IG. This thing hits and wow i am so so high. The hand written card!!!!! yeah i am an official fan!!

Bowl 2 - all i can say is believe the hype. i am getting flavor profiles on this vape that has my tongue tingling. this is amazing in a device this small. big fan of butane powered vapes!!

Last edited:

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
She has arrived, did the pre clean and soak with iso and have just finished my first hit. the flavor reminds me of “the hammer” and the flower pot. density of vapor well i’ll just say this is a mini supreme! can’t wait to get the other chambers, probably not needed but i want them. only disappointing thing i can say is the case and that has been addressed. i think future storage units should have a place for all chambers. damn i am like medicated as fuck off one chamber!! @Whiff i do not see how you made it that night on IG. This thing hits and wow i am so so high. The hand written card!!!!! yeah i am an official fan!!

Bowl 2 - all i can say is believe the hype. i am getting flavor profiles on this vape that has my tongue tingling. this is amazing in a device this small. big fan of butane powered vapes!!
Sounds amazing :cool: how have you been using it so far? Native or through water? Like many mine is out for delivery as well

Vapor Mainline,

Vestratto

Manufacturer
I can see that you could long-poke the screen from the other end of the condenser to remove it but still unsure about the one in the herb chamber. I guess you push it further in and then scoop it out with a pick? At some point it'll collect debris behind there I imagine.
Really enjoying this one. Because the dose is so condensed even very old, low potency flower has felt very potent again. It's a marvellous contraption, especially if you feel vapes mean working too hard huffing and puffing away to get the thc into you.
Hi there. John here. This one has some information and some editorial so buckle up.

We have already made a new screen design with a central slot that has a removal tool. It looks like a screwdriver blade with notches. slide it through the slot, turn 90 degrees and pull. By the time any of us need new screens I'll have this perfected and on the site. In the event that anyone needs a new screen in a pinch you can simply grab one of our competitors which are pretty ubiquitous. That's what we did. And yes - there isn't anything wrong with building on other folks good ideas.

Let me share with you one of the key secrets of R and D. A lot of Research and Development is really just "Rob and Duplicate". If a competitor has a component that we can use both legally and successfully then we feel no obligation to start from scratch. Thats called not re-inventing the wheel.

We didn't rank removable screen as high priority because the Betas just haven't gotten dirty. Yours likely won't in the month this will take either.

I think you'll be impressed at how clean the Anvil herb chamber stays. Because the temperature sensing is on the herb chamber - and not the exterior oven - the addition of even the slightest energy from the convection air stream causing the vapour to literally jump off the plant material and evacuate the chamber. Thats why your rig is white-walling right away. You just don't get big sticky buildup in the chamber. For this version I made the condenser tube full length to keep the Anvil itself cleaner. I do have a version of the condenser that stops halfway and dumps the vapor into the body but that got the body dirty. I only wanted one part to clean. If you decide that the long condenser isn't the way to go I can update you with a short one - but that is not going to be until early February after everyone has given it the old college try. It is a good practice to debowl when hot using the magnetic holder. This further reduces the need to clean too often.

Also just so you guys know we are not taking any new orders until we have perfected as many of these issues as possible. Anvil is the device that I, and my Beta Team, wanted to build. We have made our best guesses as to what will ring true. You guys are the first group to test drive this little beast. If there is a better way to do things I will implement it and get it to you free of charge. But not willy nilly. We'll coordinate an update mailing at the end of the month and we'll get everyone up to the best revision level we can muster.

You guys took a chance with Anvil. I KNOW this little beast delivers the performance but I am learning things about form, fit and functional use that we didn't consider as intensely as some of you would have wanted. Tube aside because that just hurts :( No one who bought in the Launch is stranded. And we will NOT be delivering features to our next group of customers until you guys have them first. I appreciate you. I can't say that LOUD enough. If we are successful with Anvil in the big market it is because you guys all become advocates on our behalf.

Severmore

As someone who has already crossed the line, I agree; the herb chamber stays surprisingly clean ; )

It's the condenser and its associated screen that gets mostly mucked up. 'twas easy enough to pop the screen out with some q-tips and get the anvil all clean to like new. Let the line riding commence...

Last edited:

Pepeluis33

Hi there. John here. This one has some information and some editorial so buckle up.

We have already made a new screen design with a central slot that has a removal tool. It looks like a screwdriver blade with notches. slide it through the slot, turn 90 degrees and pull. By the time any of us need new screens I'll have this perfected and on the site. In the event that anyone needs a new screen in a pinch you can simply grab one of our competitors which are pretty ubiquitous. That's what we did. And yes - there isn't anything wrong with building on other folks good ideas.

Let me share with you one of the key secrets of R and D. A lot of Research and Development is really just "Rob and Duplicate". If a competitor has a component that we can use both legally and successfully then we feel no obligation to start from scratch. Thats called not re-inventing the wheel.

We didn't rank removable screen as high priority because the Betas just haven't gotten dirty. Yours likely won't in the month this will take either.

I think you'll be impressed at how clean the Anvil herb chamber stays. Because the temperature sensing is on the herb chamber - and not the exterior oven - the addition of even the slightest energy from the convection air stream causing the vapour to literally jump off the plant material and evacuate the chamber. Thats why your rig is white-walling right away. You just don't get big sticky buildup in the chamber. For this version I made the condenser tube full length to keep the Anvil itself cleaner. I do have a version of the condenser that stops halfway and dumps the vapor into the body but that got the body dirty. I only wanted one part to clean. If you decide that the long condenser isn't the way to go I can update you with a short one - but that is not going to be until early February after everyone has given it the old college try. It is a good practice to debowl when hot using the magnetic holder. This further reduces the need to clean too often.

Also just so you guys know we are not taking any new orders until we have perfected as many of these issues as possible. Anvil is the device that I, and my Beta Team, wanted to build. We have made our best guesses as to what will ring true. You guys are the first group to test drive this little beast. If there is a better way to do things I will implement it and get it to you free of charge. But not willy nilly. We'll coordinate an update mailing at the end of the month and we'll get everyone up to the best revision level we can muster.

You guys took a chance with Anvil. I KNOW this little beast delivers the performance but I am learning things about form, fit and functional use that we didn't consider as intensely as some of you would have wanted. Tube aside because that just hurts :( No one who bought in the Launch is stranded. And we will NOT be delivering features to our next group of customers until you guys have them first. I appreciate you. I can't say that LOUD enough. If we are successful with Anvil in the big market it is because you guys all become advocates on our behalf.
Hi John, love all the passion youre putting on it. Does this mean the lacentralevapeur batch will be delayed until all these issues are solved? Personally i dont mind to wait - i prefer this indeed - some more weeks if it means i will get a high quality finished device.

Last edited:

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
So I get that one heat one hit concept. But that's so damn much exhaled without absorbing.

can you sip on this thing over a few minutes, or is the load just wasted if you don't rip it after the heat up?
You can definitely sip on it if you wish, i have a video a few posts back of me closing up the airflow and hitting it more like a joint and it works really really well.

@Vestratto[/USER] and @Whiff what brands/models do you use and recommend. IIRC one of you mentioned going dual flame.
I prefer a good single flame torch as I like the precision of the flame, i would recommend the Blazer FireFox torch and as for a dual flame The Honest dual flame is a nice quality torch. My favorite way to hit the Anvil is with a Single flame torch on a lower setting ( should take around 40-45 seconds) and i ride the line to get a full flavored full extraction with fairly light colored AVB still, It's really nice that you can get a nice big extraction at lower temps on the Anvil
@Whiff i do not see how you made it that night on IG. This thing hits and wow i am so so high. The hand written card!!!!! yeah i am an official fan!!

Hahahahha well i have had a lot of practice testing out the Anvil, i also had the best sleep i had in awhile hahahah

Tiny88

Deluxe420
@Vestratto

If this question has been asked and answered, I apologize....

Just wondering if I need to wait to heat up the bowl again? Does it "click" to indicate when it cools down?

We all have been conditioned by the Dynavap :)

Also just wondering if the pre-order special is still available for the new orders today?

Which includes:

• 1 x Anvil CopperCore Vaporizer
  • 1 x Straight Walled Full Size Herb Chamber
  • 1 x Straight Walled Half Size Herb Chamber
  • 1 x Magnetic Stand
Thanks

hoyo77

So i guess i will be buying another anvil when it gets fully perfected. Any chances of us early adopters getting a deal on the fully perfected unit when it gets released??

Vestratto

Manufacturer
So i guess i will be buying another anvil when it gets fully perfected. Any chances of us early adopters getting a deal on the fully perfected unit when it gets released??
What I meant to say clearly if I didn't say it was all upgrades to get all of you to a "release quality" unit will be at my expense. If someone is pulling out the 50X magnifier I may start to call BS and I hope everyone is reasonable.

I know that I would be pissed if I bought something at release and was orphaned. For Vestratto the feedback, criticism, suggestions from everyone is just making the unit better for the long haul. its marketing gold as it were. I am indebted to you guys for taking the chance and I will not leave you behind. My strategy is to make a positive impact on this community and take that momentum forward. I'm hoping in a month all of you would be able to honestly give me a good review.

The Anvil is a beast. Its performing really well. It was hand made by me. Some of them have warts. But I can now delegate to professionals and call BS if I have to because I have learned, and executed every process. You can't manage what you can't do is a decent motto. No matter your opinion if you talk to me you're providing me great feedback and learning and in return for that invaluable information I will be getting everyone in the Launch to release revision quality. I need to know what I need to fix beyond Cosmetic issues because that horse has ridden. I am so familiar with the Anvil that I know my objectivity is biased. Thats why getting out to a bigger audience is really critical (scary) to find the issues I don't even encounter because my rituals are established my way.

Please beat the crap out of your Anvils and let me know what I can do better on function or whatever else you think I should focus on in the future. You've bought the vape I wanted to build and trusted me to deliver. Now I want to improve the Anvil with your help to be the vape you would use as your daily driver. Then put that Anvil back in your hands to say thank you for being the Brave Few. Any upgrades I make to get to release standard you will all get.

Twisted logic is that if by the end of the month I know I have a winner in the Anvil I can pull out the stops and really get going. If I don't get my ducks in a row I'll be tripping over my feet for a long time to come. Spoiler alert. All of your ovens are going to be upgraded in the future to change the outer stainless layer from 304 non-magnetic to 416 magnetic steel so we can get ready to light Anvils up with an induction heater.

hoyo77

What I meant to say clearly if I didn't say it was all upgrades to get all of you to a "release quality" unit will be at my expense. If someone is pulling out the 50X magnifier I may start to call BS and I hope everyone is reasonable.

I know that I would be pissed if I bought something at release and was orphaned. For Vestratto the feedback, criticism, suggestions from everyone is just making the unit better for the long haul. its marketing gold as it were. I am indebted to you guys for taking the chance and I will not leave you behind. My strategy is to make a positive impact on this community and take that momentum forward. I'm hoping in a month all of you would be able to honestly give me a good review.

The Anvil is a beast. Its performing really well. It was hand made by me. Some of them have warts. But I can now delegate to professionals and call BS if I have to because I have learned, and executed every process. You can't manage what you can't do is a decent motto. No matter your opinion if you talk to me you're providing me great feedback and learning and in return for that invaluable information I will be getting everyone in the Launch to release revision quality. I need to know what I need to fix beyond Cosmetic issues because that horse has ridden. I am so familiar with the Anvil that I know my objectivity is biased. Thats why getting out to a bigger audience is really critical (scary) to find the issues I don't even encounter because my rituals are established my way.

Please beat the crap out of your Anvils and let me know what I can do better on function or whatever else you think I should focus on in the future. You've bought the vape I wanted to build and trusted me to deliver. Now I want to improve the Anvil with your help to be the vape you would use as your daily driver. Then put that Anvil back in your hands to say thank you for being the Brave Few. Any upgrades I make to get to release standard you will all get.

Twisted logic is that if by the end of the month I know I have a winner in the Anvil I can pull out the stops and really get going. If I don't get my ducks in a row I'll be tripping over my feet for a long time to come. Spoiler alert. All of your ovens are going to be upgraded in the future to change the outer stainless layer from 304 non-magnetic to 416 magnetic steel so we can get ready to light Anvils up with an induction heater.
Thank you sir. tried some moonrock mixed with flower. Very tasty. The Anvil is BeastMode!!

hoyo77,
Reactions: BigJr48

Cannabliss*420

Got my Anvil. This vape is amazing. You won't regret buying it.
Total game charger. Every aspect is a different design than a dynavap. I got two big terpy rips on the full chamber and one big more terpy rip off the half chamber.
The way that the chamber sits is genius. Really nice flavor and vapor bc of the added convection. It's very interesting and sciency 🤔
The case is really nice. Anvil fits in tube but cap won't pop on. I'm going to use this tube as a storage for weed and helix chamber when that's available. My replacement airflow valve should be here Tuesday. I've had baller FP on all night and haven't hit it once.

hoyo77

I put a couple of black viton o-rings I had from my Dynavap spares tray onto the mouthpiece, pushed up to the heat shield. This then creates a seal on 10mm glass and looks inconspicuous.
pictures please

Double-dog dare ya'!*

*Management assumes no responsibility for acts ill-advised no matter how amazing and stupendous.
I did and it was wonderful...makes me want to go and get some hash to try. if it can handle moonrock i am sure it can deal with hash no problem moonrock is combo of flower, kief, and wax or oil at least here in colorado it is.

Thanks John, I admit that I was initially upset that you considered me a beta tester but your more recent posts have me glad for the opportunity to contribute to product development and become the brand ambassador I feel destined to be.

I have a couple of design questions for you

1. It would be easier to clean if the condenser was the larger inner diameter all the way back. If the mouthpiece was a tapered 10mm, like the newer M's for instance, it would mate to glass more universally and accommodate the larger condenser. Are there performance or patent considerations that prevent it?.

2. Is there a difference in mass and function between the two different thermal battery designs we see or is it just aesthetics?.

Once again thank you for a wonderful invention and your commitment to helping us get the most out of it.

Cheers, Tim

Pepeluis33

Hi John, dont know if you missed my question, here is again: can you give to us, EU early adopters, an estimation of when will lacentralevapeur.com receive its batch? They stand on the description that will be received on January/february, is this true?

Vestratto

Manufacturer
I put a couple of black viton o-rings I had from my Dynavap spares tray onto the mouthpiece, pushed up to the heat shield. This then creates a seal on 10mm glass and looks inconspicuous.
Thanks John, I admit that I was initially upset that you considered me a beta tester but your more recent posts have me glad for the opportunity to contribute to product development and become the brand ambassador I feel destined to be.

I have a couple of design questions for you

1. It would be easier to clean if the condenser was the larger inner diameter all the way back. If the mouthpiece was a tapered 10mm, like the newer M's for instance, it would mate to glass more universally and accommodate the larger condenser. Are there performance or patent considerations that prevent it?.

2. Is there a difference in mass and function between the two different thermal battery designs we see or is it just aesthetics?.

Once again thank you for a wonderful invention and your commitment to helping us get the most out of it.

Cheers, Tim
Hi there. John here.

The main reason the condenser inner diameter necks down to 0.156 is to get through the two o-rings that hold it in the stem - which themselves have to get through the the air valve and so it goes. The o-rings float the condenser and as such hold the plunger in the centre, and simultaneously adjust for any minor length variability in the herb chambers.When machining diameters are easier to control than lengths.

Upping the diameter in one spot has a cascade upstream. I'm thinking that the shorter condenser is likely going to be a lot smarter long term. The stem is easily changed to 316 to meet medical grade. Right now it is 304 which is still totally impervious to corrosion for the Anvil application. Mating the tip with a 10mm integration in a more intentional way is clearly something that will need to be updated on the stem mouthpiece in any event.

2. Are there differences in the CopperBlock thermal reservoirs?

This is a brilliant question. Originally it wasn't a thermal battery at all. In the first iteration it was three cooling fins that were designed, like other devices in the genre, to keep the mounting o-rings from turning into smoke. Seemed like a good idea. In fact we couldn't get decent vapor off the oven at all because it stayed so cool.That was one of those eureka moments for sure. Why would I put cooling fins on a heating oven? As fast as as I was dumping energy in with the torch the fins were sucking it away and dissipating it into the air. So I thought to myself, if you've put cooling fins on a heating chamber it might be a good clue to re-think. Kind of like applying the brakes while trying to pull away from a stop sign.

So I cut the fins off.

Ok - now we're at least getting vapor. Through today's lens the maximum estratto that design could achieve was a light roast. Flavourful but Meh! So I machined the copper linking the oven with the mounting tube away and thought - why have cooling fins that are counter-productive, and on top of that let's add in a proper thermal break? Ok - by taking material away we are now getting a nice flavourful hit with decent medicating properties. WTF?? So science then says - forget what you believed and follow the data. We had two data points, and the line connecting them was pointing in the right direction, so lets add more thermal mass on the oven side of the thermal break, and simultaneously increase the effectiveness of the thermal break to retain more heat in the oven. After all any heat retained in the oven ultimately finds its way into the convection air stream. That's gotta be a good thing right?

And the thermal reservoir was born.

This is the crux of the whole story. Other vapes still maintain cooling fins on their equivalent "ovens" to protect the convenience of interchangeable components. Practically that violates the 3 laws of what really matters in a thermal extraction device which are 1) the vapor, 2) the vapor and 3) the vapor. Anvil in complete opposition to the trend now actively isolates the oven with two layers of thermal break, and further adds storage and thermal distribution capability with the CopperBlock reservoir and CopperCore oven. If we make the CopperBlock reservoir bigger, simply by increasing its mass, we can get closer and closer to the line between the last moment of vapour and the onset of combustion. Currently your ovens all have thermal reservoirs 0.530 +/- 0.001" in diameter. That size was chosen because it can develop monster clouds and deep tan coloured abv. I dialled back the Beta size, which is 0.545 because I was honestly afraid that people would push up and over the line and combust routinely. Its the impatience factor that we've already seen multiple times on this thread that had me spooked. Guys brag that they can get their pre-Anvil devices to SNAP in ten seconds, but then forget to tell you they have to reheat the darn things 2-3 times to clear the bowl. Or if they want to ride the line - they "heat near the very top, hold five seconds past the click, feather the flame up and down the body, on and on and on". way too much technique.

The reason for different CopperBlock sizes is because, through the materials and design, Anvil can get closer and closer to the line in a repeatable and reliable way. We found the size where we always combusted, and then just worked backwards to a size that gets great results with an adequate margin of safety. It looks genius now but took far more iterations than I like to admit to get here.

Now you know one of my deepest secrets. The CopperBlock was born out of reverse engineering my original poorly thought out design. I believe Einstein is attributed to saying something like "Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration". In designing the Anvil I was perversely lucky that I first had to deal with the cancer, and then with the Covid. When you have nowhere to go, and lots of downtime, experimenting on something as fun as making an Anvil is a great distraction.

Top Bottom