Anvil by Vestratto

Vestratto

Manufacturer
@Vestratto this feedback might be obvious and redundant but please consider adding an optional twisted tape airflow cooler eventually (for native use).
i vote for the v-cut version nobody else is making currently.
images

thank you
I'm honestly intrigued as to whether this type of apparatus will meaningfully cool the vapour. In order to implement a feature like this I would need to first make a rig to measure, against a calibrated draw, the temp out of the herb chamber versus the temp out of the mouthpiece and be able to report the findings. I don't have the bandwidth to manage this project right now but I will definitely add it to the list. If you can send me information on how to get the product I can have my mechanical guys build a test stem to integrate with the Anvil on the test bench. The calibrated draw system I use is something I need to improve on in any event. Presently we use a closed calibrated water volume dropping 33 inches to generate a pull on the Anvil that is a decent proxy for the maximum inspiratory pressure of a 30-40 year old male. I learned early on that if all testing on the Anvil was live I wouldn't be launching until 2037 - maybe 38.

Last edited:

bridgesoid

I'm honestly intrigued as to whether this type of apparatus will meaningfully cool the vapour. In order to implement a feature like this I would need to first make a rig to measure, against a calibrated draw, the temp out of the herb chamber versus the temp out of the mouthpiece and be able to report the findings. I don't have the bandwidth to manage this project right now but I will definitely add it to the list. If you can send me information on how to get the product I can have my mechanical guys build a test stem to integrate with the Anvil on the test bench. The calibrated draw system I use is something I need to improve on in any event. Presently we use a closed calibrated water volume dropping 33 inches to generate a pull on the Anvil that is a decent proxy for the maximum inspiratory pressure of a 30-40 year old male. I learned early on that if all testing on the Anvil was live I wouldn't be launching until 2037 - maybe 38.

Hello everyone :-)

I'm extremely intrigued and excited for the full release of this vaporizer, being a huge fan of efficient one hit thick extraction hits from vaporizers in particular this vape is extremely appealing to me in form and function.
This type of vaporization coupled with RSO diluted in MCT oil and augmented with 5% complementary food grade terpenes (a sativa blend for daytime and an indica blend for night) seems to offer the best possible relief for medical use for me (usage case: occasional insomnia, PTSD, chronic back pain) in terms of symptomatic relief as well as improved sleep quality, neuroprotective effects and anti anxiety effects by augmenting usage with the full spectrum CBD and RSO enriched with terpenes.

Im cross posting this post of mine from the lotus thread for the purpose of vandalized by the lotus (also my current favourite vape btw) and others looking for a portable cooling solution.

Repurposing a short stem or piece of wood for out and about that will fit the 14mm of the anvil will VERY likely work extremely effectively in the same way it does for the lotus or dynavap. With the right amount of beads for you your hits will be the smoothest dry I have had. I have had 2 friends sell their Simrelli vortexes after repurposing titanium straws and two high quality pipe screens. It costs peanuts to do and with a wood stem you have a largely unbreakable one hitter quitter portable. Please try it. The science of the filtration is easy to understand and it will only cost you $4 with the reclaim 100 percent easily recoverable. I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves coughing taking non water-filtered hits. I don’t anymore. It will work with basically any vape just use your head and build an attachment that fits your existing vape utilizing the beads and some cheap glass/titanium straw/ wood and a Dremel.

BTW not trying to take anything away from the suggestion of an internal cooler just offering this up as another option should the manufacturer not choose to make one. I hope this helps some of you reading this!

I wanted to post in this thread to let other Lotus users know about an extremely cheap hack I've utilised for some time with my Lotus. I should preface this by saying that I have quite a few vapes (a few of the real heavy hitters) and I am someone that can get a dry or irritated throat from big pulls of vapor when its hot, so at home I would often elect to filter vapes like the neo, evo, supreme and herbalaire and the lotus through water when I am looking for clouds and strong and rapid relief. An issue I have had with the Lotus when sharing it with people unfamiliar with it, primarily when using the metal stem is that some friends would accidentally burn their loads, thereby downgrading vapor quality until a cleaning can be performed.. this hack solves this issue with Lotus novices and the problem of wanting tube sized rips on the go and at home when I don't want to worry about the bulk of a glass piece or breaking one.

TLDR: very nice hack that costs $3.50!

What you do: purchase 3mm glass beads https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380432127590 this is a huge amount of them and they can be used anywhere you want cooler, smoother vapor (e.g. for a Dynavap just fill a cheap longish suitable dyna stem with beads, my friend offloaded his Simrell vortex straight after his 3rd bowl ;-) Get a large bowl and take your metal lotus stem, ensuring you have a genuine lotus screen very secure in its bowl and start dropping beads down the mouthpiece end to your liking, its a lot narrower internally than you'd expect and will fill quickly. When you place 2 beads in at once and push down with a metal wired pipecleaner the two beads will push together firmly toward the narrowing top of the stems mouthpiece and will be visible- shake the stem, blow through and then suck, they aren't going anywhere (especially after a couple of bowls, the resulting oil serves as an adhesive.. but you can place a small screen piece above if you so choose.

Keep your jetty flame jacked little more than max recommends (this is only my humble opinion, as per Goldenbuds advice) get the red dot glowing and the standard circling motion keeping the dot at the very least somewhat glowing the whole inhale (this is easy for your novice friends to understand and do). The glass beads serve to standardize and regulate the airflow substantially so that draw speed is no longer a substantial factor in how the load is extracted or whether it is burnt; it feels a touch more restricted; but, (and I know this sounds weird) not in a typical bad "sucking through a straw" vaporizer way, more in a steady draw no matter what way like the feel of a constant steady draw of the lotus through a bubbler. A good 20-30 second pull and my novice friends are blowing bubbler size clouds.. that feel about as filtered smooth on the lungs as the lotus through a 40cm stereo matrix tube with more of the sometimes more complex terpene taste profile preserved than if the lotus were filtered through water What's more no noobs have burnt a bowl since implementing this mod, thanks to the airflow regulation. The glass beads create a much larger surface area for the cooling of the vapor and coupled with the metal stem the cooling is extremely impressive Now the metal stem actually gets used a lot (had little appeal in the past for the aforementioned reasons and my being spoilt for choice with vapes) and it makes for super filtered hits in a virtually unbreakable form factor. Cleaning is extremely easy and makes for a very strong nightcap drink to say the least lol. If your a lotus owner who already has a stem I definitely highly recommend giving this cheap little hack a whirl if you're looking to take larger smoother rips on the go with less thought required for optimum extraction.

Cheers all and have a great day

example: add desired number of beads to a long14mm jhook and water if desired (the beads will completely prevent water splashing up into your mouth. heat glass beads in milk or oil when you want to reclaim. $14 dollar setup that is not quite as smooth as my stereo matrix bong but a lot less work and a lot more portable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
I upgraded torch today and will say I think too slow heating hurts almost as much as too fast. Getting it from 55 seconds down to 30-35 both single jet lighter has greatly improved the hit. I think I was boiling off the terps before hitting.

I do look forward to seeing what the helix can do.
100% correct! We found that after the 35 second mark you start to risk the chance of slight loss of terps, i try not to go over 40-45 sec as i find thats a nice spot to be for good flav and huge vapor

Whiff,
Reactions: BigJr48

Cannabliss*420

I received my Anvil this morning. First, I was impressed by this fast shipping (4 days), it's often the opposite when i'm waiting for a vape ...
I did'nt pay any additional taxes or vat, which frankly surprised me, badass!

Let's get down to business: The Anvil is very well built, it's really new and in perfect condition, all parts fit perfectly, the quality of manufacture is exemplary. The object is ergonomic and seems very solid.
I received the terp chamber, the 1/2 chamber and the helix beta chamber (at my request despite the fact that it's not the final version, this one has more restrictions).
After an usual cleaning with Iso, I had to watch the video of Vestratto to understand the assembly and the functioning of the airflow.
Face to face with a dyna :
I made 2 bowls with the terp chamb, the airflow half open and heating with a flame. It was good and enjoyable, first native and then with a J-hook. I was able to shoot 2-3 big hits for one heating cycle. I can already say that it's very easy to use!!🥳
On the 2nd try, I did a second heat, not very useful.
Then I tried the 1/2 chamber with a double heater (2 lighters at the same time). I wanted to save heating time, failed, I combusted...:doh:
I did a cleaning again...
Then I made a bowl with the helix chamber, airflow full open....and there friends, it was milky and thick, very intense in the mouth and in the body, a big sensation.🤪
The extraction was very homogeneous and of nice brown color.
I finished with the learning curve, the following bowls followed the same way...
There is still some adjustment work to do but I understood how it works and I saw where it could take me, which is very far...
I don't know yet if it's possible to block the airflow once you've found your routine or if you have to readjust it every time (which is easy with the visible mark).
At first glance, it's an unbreakable vape and will always work if you have a lighter on hand. I need a new one by the way...

Thank you John @Vestratto for your work and creation, and for your participation here to help us to understand and use the Anvil, so we can help you make it even better.... all this for the future generations (wow, stop, I'm roasted!).

Edit : a video to complete (+ light brown avb!) :
Will vestratto be sending out helix chambers out for to everyone who ordered when their done ?

Cannabliss*420,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Will vestratto be sending out helix chambers out for to everyone who ordered when their done ?
I would like to clarify that I received the Helix beta chamber at my request and following a discussion with John about the additional customs fees and taxes I would have to pay as an EU buyer. Nowhere was it stated that the Helix room is part of the basic purchase package. I don't know what John decided for himself but I just wanted to make it clear that this beta Helix chamber was not part of the pre-sale purchase package.
Both chambers work well but indeed the Helix Beta has a much higher restriction on draft and is probably not optimal at this stage.

kanal

I just got the anvil and tried to put it into the tube and close it, but somehow mine does not fit (cant close it, because the anvil seems to be too long) - most probably I am doing something wrong. Can somebody point me to some resource where i can check/see, what I might be doing wrong?

kanal,

Greenleaf88

I just got the anvil and tried to put it into the tube and close it, but somehow mine does not fit (cant close it, because the anvil seems to be too long) - most probably I am doing something wrong. Can somebody point me to some resource where i can check/see, what I might be doing wrong?
Your not doing anything wrong some tubes are too short mine as well he had said this would happen but is working on a fix.

Severmore

Nothing wrong…the first batch of utility tubes were drilled out too short. Mine is the same way. @Vestratto informed us of this a few pages back…though easily buried in the excitement! New ones are being made and sent our way this week.

Severmore,
Reactions: kanal

Ralph

Hey guys,
What is the best way to clean the Anvil. Mine is arriving today and I want to do an ISO soak. Will soaking the anvil parts in ISO erode the Orings or make them suitable for use? I always remove the Silicone Orings in my Mighty so they don't degrade. Any suggestions? Hopefully John or Whiff will see this and reply or any of you that have done this already. Can't wait!!!!!!

thanks,
Bill

seki

Hey guys,
What is the best way to clean the Anvil. Mine is arriving today and I want to do an ISO soak. Will soaking the anvil parts in ISO erode the Orings or make them suitable for use? I always remove the Silicone Orings in my Mighty so they don't degrade. Any suggestions? Hopefully John or Whiff will see this and reply or any of you that have done this already. Can't wait!!!!!!

thanks,
Bill
The interior o-rings right now are all Viton. The outer glass interface is simply Buna Nitrile. The Parker specifications suggest both are iso-propyl compatible. I suspect that over a very large number of cleanings they may eventually break down. Beta units in HEAVY use - ie not as "one of a stable" of vapes, but as the daily driver, have been in use since August and show no signs of degradation to this point. Maintenance kits will be stacked beginning this month. The only o-ring bearing part that will require regular intensive soaks is the condenser. You will notice that it runs uninterrupted the full length of the body. In Beta it ran only 1/2 way so vapour was dumped into the interior wall of the unit necessitating cleaning of the entire Anvil. The o-rings on the airflow valve are upstream from the vapor and should receive absolutely negligible exposure to vapour.

O-rings are exposed to some pretty extreme heat conditions in other vaporizer designs. Particularly those that mount o-rings directly on on parts that are heated. Anvil's design incorporates two thermal breaks to 1) retain heat in the CopperCore oven for deployment into the convection air-stream and 2) to protect the o-rings. The first thermal bridge is where the oven necks down above the CopperCore into a smaller diameter stainless (poor conductor tube 1/8 inch long) and the second bridge is the airflow slots themselves which don't conduct heat at all. To prove to myself the o-rings stay cool I actually pulled the oven off the airflow post and inserted just the herb chamber into it - then holding it above the airflow slots in my fingertips I heated until SNAP without letting go. If you can hold it its likely below 125F. Keep in mind that Viton is continuous rated at 400F and 48 hour rated at 600F.

After cleaning in iso and a good water rinse the o-rings have almost no lubricity. They are tough to slide on. To overcome this I just rub a little saliva on them and assemble. After a few minutes the moisture evaporates and the correct coefficients of friction are restored to make the air valve work as per the video.

Soak 'em if you got 'em.

rollerskater

seeing a lot of talk about how this thing makes mad vapor when you pull it through a bong! can any owners speak to the "joint experience"? how long (seconds? minutes?) can it produce vapor? how many hits can you get if you aren't chugging it? can you heat cycle the same bowl twice (obviously not when "riding the line" !)? is it plain too harsh to take a big drag without water? i realize this is pretty subjective, and i dont expect it to really compare to a well-rolled j, but if i could get several leisurely hits over a decent period of time that would be really cool! even better if i can reuse the same bowl and finish it off with another heating later!

KindBuddyBud

Will this fit a 10mm?
You prob already have the answer, I remember reading something on this thread from an FC crew member saying the anvil won't fit in a 10mm joint. I was wondering the same as you, would my anvil fit in my BB9? Prob not but, the length and the beads should aid in cooling (for mobile use and those tasty big cloudy terpy cool hits that sting you). Maybe Sneaky Pete’s master adapter could help make the connection from a 14mm male to a 10mm female joint. Anvil mouthpiece + master adapter + BB9 = :tup: I'll just have to wait until I get the anvil in.

stonedmallone

seeing a lot of talk about how this thing makes mad vapor when you pull it through a bong! can any owners speak to the "joint experience"? how long (seconds? minutes?) can it produce vapor? how many hits can you get if you aren't chugging it? can you heat cycle the same bowl twice (obviously not when "riding the line" !)? is it plain too harsh to take a big drag without water? i realize this is pretty subjective, and i dont expect it to really compare to a well-rolled j, but if i could get several leisurely hits over a decent period of time that would be really cool! even better if i can reuse the same bowl and finish it off with another heating later!
This would be awesome if there was a vape that would work like that.

KindBuddyBud

Needs to be a stash that holds all 4 chambers and maybe a tool to hot swap the chambers.
That was one of my first thoughts when I saw the anvils' chambers being hot-swapped. Damn, I gotta learn CADD. I imagined a box, maybe a little shorter than the carrying case that hooks around the tube, maybe has a hinged lid, a place to store each chamber. Are there any FC members that are CADD designers? Or someone good with Autodesk? where did you learn the program?

KindBuddyBud,

masonjars

You prob already have the answer, I remember reading something on this thread from an FC crew member saying the anvil won't fit in a 10mm joint. I was wondering the same as you, would my anvil fit in my BB9? Prob not but, the length and the beads should aid in cooling (for mobile use and those tasty big cloudy terpy cool hits that sting you). Maybe Sneaky Pete’s master adapter could help make the connection from a 14mm male to a 10mm female joint. Anvil mouthpiece + master adapter + BB9 = :tup: I'll just have to wait until I get the anvil in.
It fits my generic master adapter just fine! 👌
7A6A7A85-01FC-458E-8A3D-CE6CC2AE8015.jpeg
Pardon all the tiny hairs and dust, as the adapter hasn't seen the light of day in quite some time..

Top Bottom