Anvil by Vestratto

Greenleaf88

I can chain them back To back, but hear in mind you have added heat from the battery. So torch dynamics will come I to account. I find my subsequent hits are perfect as long as I'm not torching the battery, but instead in the gap above.

We will all develop a knack over time. I find the Anvil to have really reproducible effects. More about learning the torch you are using.

I'm using a larger single flame.

to back
Ya back to back hits can't seem to get it

Greenleaf88,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Hey guys just wanted to let yo u guys know that i will be going live on ig in 20 min or so and at the last minute decided to give youtube a shot for all those who dont use instagram

I'm going to be lookin at the Founder edition and the changes that were made compared to my beta unit, i know its last minute but if anyone is free ill be here at 8pm EST

KindBuddyBud

You can notice (on video) that mine click two times when i heat it, like a Dynavap, yours too happy owners?
Yuppers

I'll continue to keep working these two, but my quest for an ideal one that makes it easy to achieve all roast levels with a single torch continues. I've found a couple torches available on amazon that isn't my first pick for manufacturer or ergonomics, but at least are available for prime speed delivery, and are dual nozzle.
This is the one I've been getting good results with:
https://www.ubuy.com.bh/en/catalog/...-gas-tank-flame-lock-butane-refillable-2-pack
I bought it from amazon but, I can't find it on there anymore.
Another place that I've found terrific, albeit a bit expensive selection is the local tobacconist (cigars, pipes etc.)
@Winthrowe
I have a xikar turismo I used for my vapcaps. Found it in a cigar shop buying humidipacks, fancy I know. About 30/35 seconds to click on or near the battery.
https://www.holts.com/accessories/cigar-lighters/xikar-turismo-double-torch-lighter.html

KindBuddyBud,

Vision103

Vision103
lolololol. true true
The anvil has been worked on for years. Ok. This is my thought on why my heat battery is to much and why 3 years is way to long to send us betas. I combust If I heat at the battery everytime.. The way i see it is the load has about 3 good hits then gets to dry( time to quit). It's is still producing vapor so you push it, they say it's meant to. The battery stays hot, to hot. Now the 4th or so hit the bowl is dry and more easily combustible. So then the last few hit lights it up. That's my take on my unit. I get a great session at the top copper ring. This isnt perfect science yet. Has great potential but has kinks to work out. For 3 years they should get people that understand the science and not just friends like I feel like it is. No Orings or a 10 cents pick tool.. the magnet is great to open the top.. but it's glued all crooked. Fantastic the top opens so easy. Love that actually. Should vet the beta team. No fan boys no offense jump on bang wagons to get free shit and say they test. This is a great example of it in my opinion. Like the q group. It's to premature. The battery isn't sinked right. That is exactly why. First 3 hits are great. Unit is hot as shit after the first 3 also. So back to back walking around is ridiculous. Great concept and will make a lot happy. It's still a micro dose. To say its a dab of weed makes no sense. Whoever came up with that thinks it does. Nope. A dab is a dab. A great hit of vaped bud is another. I see the similarities for micro dosers that cough a lot. I'm not not here to fight. This is what goes in here. Fan boys, complaining, loving, hating, repeat.. I told the truth about the q craze and I got all types of bullshit comments. Its cool.. its entertaining seeing grown people acting silly.. enjoy all. This is going to be very cool when the bugs are worked out for many people.. happy new year all.

Vision103,

Vestratto

Manufacturer
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynavap/comments/rzz1ts
Seems rushed and I'll thought out. Still using those flimsy caps, and the thin tips that have loads cut away. There is no way this would allow a Dyna to do one hit extractions with no spinning. It's just a thin copper ring that goes over the cap.

Seems they are panicking a bit. I bet they got their hands an an Anvil and tested it and this is their rushed reaction.
The anvil has been worked on for years. Ok. This is my thought on why my heat battery is to much and why 3 years is way to long to send us betas. I combust If I heat at the battery everytime.. The way i see it is the load has about 3 good hits then gets to dry( time to quit). It's is still producing vapor so you push it, they say it's meant to. The battery stays hot, to hot. Now the 4th or so hit the bowl is dry and more easily combustible. So then the last few hit lights it up. That's my take on my unit. I get a great session at the top copper ring. This isnt perfect science yet. Has great potential but has kinks to work out. For 3 years they should get people that understand the science and not just friends like I feel like it is. No Orings or a 10 cents pick tool.. the magnet is great to open the top.. but it's glued all crooked. Fantastic the top opens so easy. Love that actually. Should vet the beta team. No fan boys no offense jump on bang wagons to get free shit and say they test. This is a great example of it in my opinion. Like the q group. It's to premature. The battery isn't sinked right. That is exactly why. First 3 hits are great. Unit is hot as shit after the first 3 also. So back to back walking around is ridiculous. Great concept and will make a lot happy. It's still a micro dose. To say its a dab of weed makes no sense. Whoever came up with that thinks it does. Nope. A dab is a dab. A great hit of vaped bud is another. I see the similarities for micro dosers that cough a lot. I'm not not here to fight. This is what goes in here. Fan boys, complaining, loving, hating, repeat.. I told the truth about the q craze and I got all types of bullshit comments. Its cool.. its entertaining seeing grown people acting silly.. enjoy all. This is going to be very cool when the bugs are worked out for many people.. happy new year all.
Hi John here.

If you are combusting heating the CopperBlock at the top - try heating a bit lower. Heating the CopperBlock exclusively is right on the line of combustion. That is exactly what is claimed. That is exactly what you are experiencing. Try moving the torch inner blue tip to the gap between the oven and the CopperBlock. You'll get a nice tan roast - full extraction. If you are wanting to ride the line of combustion back off your torch power a bit and heat over the recommended 35 ish seconds. You can practice just the heat cycle without herb so you don't waste any. If you heat too fast you will over-run the lag thats built into the design and that is what builds up the excess in the thermal reservoir. If you feel the heat reservoir is still too large it is a simple task for me to carve away material until we find a setting you like. We have ovens built that range from zero thermal battery all the way up to 0.55" diameter. The 0.53" we shipped seemed a pretty good fit for most but it is not cast in stone and I'm not trying to debate its merits. I'll do whatever you want. It is an insignificant difference in the manufacturing to make a variety of powers, one of which is likely to be to your liking.

Texus

Hi John here.

If you are combusting heating the CopperBlock at the top - try heating a bit lower. Heating the CopperBlock exclusively is right on the line of combustion. That is exactly what is claimed. That is exactly what you are experiencing. Try moving the torch inner blue tip to the gap between the oven and the CopperBlock. You'll get a nice tan roast - full extraction. If you are wanting to ride the line of combustion back off your torch power a bit and heat over the recommended 35 ish seconds. You can practice just the heat cycle without herb so you don't waste any. If you heat too fast you will over-run the lag thats built into the design and that is what builds up the excess in the thermal reservoir. If you feel the heat reservoir is still too large it is a simple task for me to carve away material until we find a setting you like. We have ovens built that range from zero thermal battery all the way up to 0.55" diameter. The 0.53" we shipped seemed a pretty good fit for most but it is not cast in stone and I'm not trying to debate its merits. I'll do whatever you want. It is an insignificant difference in the manufacturing to make a variety of powers, one of which is likely to be to your liking.
And the plot thickens. So much exciting stuff.

Plus the correct tube and airflow valve arrived yesterday. All is well in the world.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I passed on the Anvil bc I don’t need a heavy. I had one in my cart early but let it go— doesn’t quite fit my use case as a flavor-chasing micro-doser.

The idea of a smaller Anvil that works with DV stems has my interest big time. Fast and efficient like a vapcap but convection dominant and built to hit native— that’s where I’m hoping this all leads.

May the best man(ufacturer) win.

Vision103

Vision103
Hi John here.

I like the device but I respectfully know the difference in combustion and not. I had smoking in the ash tray. Smell my room all night. I explained why and my thoughts about why. The way the battery is setup on mine it combust after a few hits. Has great potential. If you hit it till the end it will combust. I use a regular small single flame.. Works great from the top ring. Seems like nobody had the balls to say how they feel. Don't know why. It all helps you out. Constructive criticism You'll get it. Enjoy,.. I'll use the top ring. I want to use what you made. I didnt pay for beta or maybe I did. There isn't options to make things different. It's out. You had 3 years to figure out what works. Not arguing at all by the way. No easy way to say it. The handle needs work. Message me and I'll help. You can't make us all happy. Impossible

beluga808

Why are you so negative @Vision103? :) John kindly explained to you how to not likely combust. A lot of people have an amazing impression of the vape and like it a lot. Maybe you have a different understanding on how the Anvil should work, but that's your personal opinion. I guess John and his team took those 3 years to develop the product how they want it to be. And regarding what people are saying here and on reddit, the time was well invested.

GoldenBud

Hey guys just wanted to let yo u guys know that i will be going live on ig in 20 min or so and at the last minute decided to give youtube a shot for all those who dont use instagram

I'm going to be lookin at the Founder edition and the changes that were made compared to my beta unit, i know its last minute but if anyone is free ill be here at 8pm EST
that cloud at 52:47. beast conduction vape. may be the strongest conduction vape in the market. that's a vapor trail for sure

GoldenBud,

Cannabliss*420

Hi there - its John

The lists are great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write down your thoughts. I'm taking all of this and compiling a pretty solid spec for all of the upgrades.

I'm also super stoked that most of the issues are currently related to the cosmetics. Knowing that significant form/fit/finish improvements are done or on the way on I'm going to cherry-pick some of the performance issues to address.

1) airflow - we will open the airflow so that in its full open position it will exceed the volume that can pass through the 8 small holes on each herb chamber. That is the maximum throughput in any event.
2) larger CopperBlock battery - its always a tradeoff of time/butane against power of the extraction. If enough people are interested I can definitely increase the size of the battery on your replacement units. I prefer you to have more power than less but got scared off by the "must heat in 10 seconds" crowd.
3) rolls on a table -tips forward on table - I will work to improve the magnetic stand options. Early on I made a decision that a solid magnetic stand would ultimately be a requirement. The Anvil stores a lot of heat. It does not belong on a table. Take it from me - you do not want to drop your hot Anvil onto anything other than a solid base. Early version bodies were made from hex but with even a slight touch they still rolled a long way before wobbly settling down. Sometimes onto the floor and once onto a rayon carpet. Thats one hour with an exacto knife right there. I know a variety of makers are aware of the opportunities here because they have reached out to me directly so I am hoping offerings will be available soon. Vestratto does not have the bandwidth to get into the stash business right now but if no one steps up we will.
4) 10 mm joint - easy peasy - nuf said
5) don't entirely know what you mean by a "built in pick tool"? Built into which part of the system? I am assuming the tube somehow and I will noodle how to do that. If you have an idea can you let me know?
6) removable heat shields - I think this will be addressed as makers express interest to make custom stems for the Anvil. Once we have a bit of guidance from them on what they feel is the best way to proceed we can try to facilitate a smooth connection. I don't think we are going to have to wait too long because the Anvil is making some noise out there.
7) heat shield patterning - this is the double edged sword of "when is this a kick ass vape" or "when is this a piece of jewelry". Initially Vestratto is very clearly focused on the three rules of a good vaporizer. But already our options in the customization side are expanding. We will be offering a colour palette to choose from. We will be working with our anodizer to put together an initial colour palette. Another strategy that I think might have real impact for you guys is if Vestratto makes a CopperCore oven that integrates with your existing stem collections. Let me know what you think because many of you already have awesome collections?
Yes please. If we could adapt dynavap stems to Anvil. Game changer overnight. The possibility and look will be endless but I still love Anvil heatshield look, making the copper battery and chamber a separate thing that people can order would be amazing. It would be like buying a tip and cap.
Will replacement tubes that are being sent out, include cap?

Last edited:
Cannabliss*420,

ConvectCode1

Same here!
Heard they’re not at the front o
I have a feeling the Blazer will be your most used torch for Anvil and DV. They are outstanding in every way. Bonus; it is very easy to remove the child safety interlock, do it! :)
ive been using The Anvil for about 11 days now and find that a medium single flame torch works best. Not small like an Eagle Torch with safe stop but not large like a full size Blazer (not saying that’s what you were referring to.) I used s large torch similar to a Blazer and it seemed to be too much.
As for ordering pre-ordering from LaCentraleVapeur, I’ve heard there are a lot of other distributors that will be carrying and selling the Anvil before they do/are. Not to say the difference in time is going to be a lot, I just mentioned people pre-ordering from them in passing and was told that. Who knows.
It’s pretty unprecedented for a creator to just send everybody who ordered on the day of the releases like I did a second, updated/upgraded device for free as a thank you for putting faith in his product and Vestratto. I sure hope the countless people on other forums that referred to me nonstop as a “stupid paying beta tester” hear about the email John sent out to everybody letting them know that he actually listens to feedback, isn’t a megalomaniac who is unwilling to take constructive criticism and actually correct it. Then instead of releasing the slightly upgraded one as a V2 or really whatever the hell he wants making existing owners pay for it he elects to ship them a free one? In my opinion this takes away any type of doubt sewn prior to the release as a result of distributors feeling slighted etc completely vanish and more than sets a foundation for Vestratto as another “Good Guy” company in the Vape Space. Lord knows we can use as many straight up legit people in the industry we all love so much. I think this sets a great precedent for vaping in 2022 all around. I hope everybody who wants an Anvil is able to get the “User’s Kit” as soon as possible. Like I said I’m on my 11th day or so. It still is amazing me, and I have a lot of very high end vapes. I personally didn’t have any complaints about my unit, and can’t imagine how it could perform better. But obviously it can and I look forward to trying it.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I see that we have some posts specifically about Dynavap sprinkled throughout this thread this morning. While some comparison to the DV is inevitable, let's please keep the focus of this thread about the Anvil, and not about what Dynavap is doing. Please take that discussion to the DV thread. Any posts made in this thread that are more about DV than the Anvil will likely be moved or deleted.

Thanks for your cooperation.

:peace:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I made a rough Ti cooling unit/filter. The step in the condenser acts as a ledge to keep it from being sucked through.
6-DAD6-A89-9535-4-FE0-987-F-A0-E431765-E5-A.jpg
It seems to be working like other similar products I use. One thing I’m instantly noticing is how much and how quickly the reclaim/honey builds up. The build up works well to filter what gets through the screen. It’s hard to tell in the picture but this was after 5 full bowls of my very resinous homegrown.
C838-FB82-302-D-46-E5-9-D89-8-E0929-BF8117.jpg

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
I made a rough Ti cooling unit/filter. The step in the condenser acts as a ledge to keep it from being sucked through.
It seems to be working like other similar products I use. One thing I’m instantly noticing is how much and how quickly the reclaim/honey builds up. The build up works well to filter what gets through the screen. It’s hard to tell in the picture but this was after 5 full bowls of my very resinous homegrown.
I love it!!!!! Too cool man, i wish i had the tools to do that.
You kind of make me want to go find a drill bit that fits hahahaha but i know it would be way too restrictive

When you clean your herb chamber can we soak it in iso??

Yes you can soak it in iso just make sure to rinse with water and give it a heating before using as water will get stuck where the snap discs are located making them stick together so a quick heat up will boil all the water out

Vestratto

Manufacturer
Hi - its John here.

This is impressive work. Well done! The heavier duty screens we are having made will suit that task better as we will be able to get more insert - extraction cycles. We are likely going 0.007" which are the same as we use on the bottom of the herb chamber. The condenser screen is presently 0.005" so might feel a bit flimsy going in and out regularly. If you do need a spare any standard 0.320" diameter screen from another vendor can be used in a pinch.

Do you have any idea how long the overall length of the "turbulator" needs to be in order to be effective? I'm guesstimating your present version is about 2.2" long right now. As I mentioned previously I have no experience with this type of insert and am super grateful you're doing this work.

Gotta say again - this is great stuff!

Last edited:

Gibbleguts

You are combusting on multiple heat cycles of the same flower? Or is that on a single heat cycle?

Duba

Accessory Maker
Little chambers avb report : riding the line (around 46sec heating), full chamber, single flame, hit dry :

The airflow is more restricted with this Helix beta version so i use it airflow full open.
I didn't use it enough to really compare both but as you can see, avb came darker with the helix. I'm on the ridge

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Do you have any idea how long the overall length of the "turbulator" needs to be in order to be effective?
My methods are very crude and the basic principle borrowed from others. I used metal shears to cut a Ti plate that I used the old eyecrometer to guess for width and twisted a bit at a time until I was happy with the fit. So you can see, not very scientific. I wanted it to be longer so I made it so. This one is 2.25”(great eye). It adds some restriction and is going to require the added maintenance. I think being thinner more ribbon like could work. It would just need to be ridged enough to over come the goop its collected when it’s being removed.

The Anvil has me really impressed with how enjoyable it is to use natively. It’s strange, I have a very sensitive respiratory system yet I get very little irritation. I’m reading others feel the opposite. The way I hit it mouth to lung may have something to do with it. Anyhow, my point is, I don’t think the Anvil needs this but I don’t think it could hurt. I can alway get down with inhaling less undesirable particulates and cooler vapor.

Top Bottom