Anvil by Vestratto

coolbreeze

A copper core oven that attaches to an existing stem collection is a fantastic idea, and it would be hard to buy only one.
Here's where it gets fun. The anvil itself is awesome but open the door to the dynaverse...

Imagine the anvil oven straight through a little glass wpa, for example.

Edit: Or, an X2!

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: BigJr48

Ralph

I have a feeling the Blazer will be your most used torch for Anvil and DV. They are outstanding in every way. Bonus; it is very easy to remove the child safety interlock, do it! :)
How do you remove the child safety interlock without ruining the torch?

Ralph,

RedZep

Can anyone remember the product that was suggested to use concentrates with the Anvil?it was some kind of screen set for a different vape.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
As far as I can tell without tools mine does not come off.

Hum. Does anyone have a heat shield that unscrews?
03235-ADF-3142-4810-9-EF0-7-B921257-C1-EB.jpg

My throat felt great this morning. I wound up hitting a lot of half loads with a single heat cycle natively. I found it to be smoother than other similar vapes. Mouth to lung is the only way for me.

I picked it up at 7am and still getting after it. I’m really focusing on different heating techniques and establishing my routine.

RedZep

Can anyone remember the product that was suggested to use concentrates with the Anvil?it was some kind of screen set for a different vape.

RedZep,

Severmore

My throat felt great this morning. I wound up hitting a lot of half loads with a single heat cycle natively. I found it to be smoother than other similar vapes. Mouth to lung is the only way for me.

I picked it up at 7am and still getting after it. I’m really focusing on different heating techniques and establishing my routine.
I wish….if I recall correctly, you were #1026. I was #1025 and I cannot unscrew the heat shield (without mincing my fingers). Looks cool though. Either I’m a weakling, or changes were made mid production of the initial preorder batches = )

Thanks for the pic! I had assumed the threads were on the other side of the body.

Spleeeno

Horsin around
Its still mentioned at Planet Haze: Linx Eden Lava Plates

Vestratto

Manufacturer

Hi - John here.

To be honest its supposed to be stuck! Sheesh! In any event - besides being a teaching moment for me - it gives everybody a good look at the assembly. The heat shield is threaded near the mouthpiece so it has the entire stainless body acting as a slow thermal conductor. One other design goal is that any stray heat, for example when riding the line - if it does get to the top is ducted away from the mouthpiece onto this very big heat sink.

In any event this discussion around heat shields and mouth pieces kind of comes together here nicely.

We are thinking of a basic model - lets call it the V because single letters kind of rock it seems - and then a slightly higher end model with an interchangeable mouthpiece. The installation of the new mouthpiece becomes the locking mechanism for a variety of interchangeable heat shields, skins etc.. I have no issues with a striated product offering that gets folks what they want. For instance if I'm going hiking its likely going to be a basic stem and if its a dinner party with friends it might be the polished gold plate on an interchangeable. As you guys know I was totally fixated on function and now that we have breathing room - our new partners and machinery are revving up to speed - we can embrace Anvil's aesthetic potential with a little more vigor.

I floated the idea of a CopperCore oven to interface to your existing stem collections. Obviously the fly in that ointment is going to be the significant extra heat an Anvil manages versus what pre-existing stems manage. I anticipate we will need to add a third thermal break between the oven and the "Maker Stem". Before I run down this rabbit hole if anyone has any input can you jump in please?

A while back it was also postulated that we might have different shapes than circles. We are obviously looking into hearts for valentines, shamrocks for St Patricks - stars and stripes for fourth of July. I had counted on laser processing for a really fun year but we have work to do on that front. We underestimated how much the laser work hardens the material it cuts. Not to be dissuaded, after we augment your Founder's versions with new Anvils, we are going to dedicate one four axis machine to fun projects.

totally embrace the idea of

Texus

Hi - John here.

To be honest its supposed to be stuck! Sheesh! In any event - besides being a teaching moment for me - it gives everybody a good look at the assembly. The heat shield is threaded near the mouthpiece so it has the entire stainless body acting as a slow thermal conductor. One other design goal is that any stray heat, for example when riding the line - if it does get to the top is ducted away from the mouthpiece onto this very big heat sink.

In any event this discussion around heat shields and mouth pieces kind of comes together here nicely.

We are thinking of a basic model - lets call it the V because single letters kind of rock it seems - and then a slightly higher end model with an interchangeable mouthpiece. The installation of the new mouthpiece becomes the locking mechanism for a variety of interchangeable heat shields, skins etc.. I have no issues with a striated product offering that gets folks what they want. For instance if I'm going hiking its likely going to be a basic stem and if its a dinner party with friends it might be the polished gold plate on an interchangeable. As you guys know I was totally fixated on function and now that we have breathing room - our new partners and machinery are revving up to speed - we can embrace Anvil's aesthetic potential with a little more vigor.

I floated the idea of a CopperCore oven to interface to your existing stem collections. Obviously the fly in that ointment is going to be the significant extra heat an Anvil manages versus what pre-existing stems manage. I anticipate we will need to add a third thermal break between the oven and the "Maker Stem". Before I run down this rabbit hole if anyone has any input can you jump in please?

A while back it was also postulated that we might have different shapes than circles. We are obviously looking into hearts for valentines, shamrocks for St Patricks - stars and stripes for fourth of July. I had counted on laser processing for a really fun year but we have work to do on that front. We underestimated how much the laser work hardens the material it cuts. Not to be dissuaded, after we augment your Founder's versions with new Anvils, we are going to dedicate one four axis machine to fun projects.

totally embrace the idea of
Thanks as always for the details. One thing I like about the Tectonic Stem is the compatibility with the many cheap "drip tips" available. Loads pf variety there and then Vestratto doesnt need to focus attention on that.

Severmore

Hi - John here.

I can envision a low thermal conductivity ceramic collar of sorts. The male end would slide into existing stems using orings to grip, similar to existing DynaVap tips, while the female end would receive the airflow adjustment valve for the copper core oven. It would be super cool if the entire airflow valve could be made of a low thermal conductivity material and interface directly with existing stems…but that seems out of reach financially.

I guess it wouldn’t need to be ceramic…wood? Medical grade polymers with very high melting/off gassing temps? Material science isn’t really my thing. This anvil sure is though = )

Winthrowe

Order 1028 checking in. I've had it a few days and have developed some initial impressions. There were some minor flaws visible in the heat battery, less severe than some of the others pictured but immediately noticeable.

My testing has been with an Honest Triple Flame, and an sk-79 style single flame from the local head shop. I feel a bit like Goldilocks, and while it's all quite nice, it's either a little too hot, or a little too cold (as compared to example roasts at the same torch position), and I can feel that there's a 'just right' somewhere between I haven't found. I read in a prior comment the manufacturer's personal preference is the Honest dual flame, but I'm not seeing anyone with Canadian stock for that. I don't know if retailers will want to go as far as to create a torch-bundle SKU, but if not, they should probably be stocking and clearly recommending something specific.

'Flower Dab' seems accurate advertising to me, even without a 'proper' torch, I haven't lit up my DTv5 since the Anvil arrived.

I agree about the cheese grater effect on the heat shield, although I haven't lost any skin. I tend to fidget with small objects like the Anvil, and I love the way it feels rolling/flipping/twirling in my hand, except for the holes on the heat shield.
I rather like the grippy-ness of the current heatshield holes. The chamfer they mentioned adding is probably the right call overall, but I have a feeling I may be nostalgic for the OG version.

On the other hand, I could go for an XL heatshield option, an extra hole or two's worth in length, and possibly diameter. I have been using it natively with a fairly tight restriction at times, and it's definitely passable between people as a multi-hit joint-style experience, but it's a little crowded with the extra fingers.

The heat retention seems unintuitive. In theory, I understand that's a logical consequence of what I paid for. In practice, the detailed consequences of that still feel weird. Most particularly: The wide steel ring adjacent to the heatshield seems to often be the hottest part when you are mid-cooldown. I stretched a small section of whip tubing over that wide ring, so I wouldn't accidentally touch it if my finger wandered too far up the heatshield. This gives the added bonus of lifting the oven off the surface when laid flat.

Last edited:

hoyo77

Been a couple days and i think i am learning some of the nuances of this vape. I hit it native so the vapor is a little harsh, however i did try it thru some tubing and the clouds were huge. The flavors are still amazing, loving the airflow adjustment. Cant wait to get the helix chambers, I will admit John is right about these 2 can keep you occupied. I like the magnet stand that came with it, very useful in removing a hot chamber.

would like to see a stir tool or pick added to the case. its not needed but there are those cases when you get "Anviled" meaning you have a session and after your session is done without realizing it a period of well lets say greater than 5 minutes has passed. when that happens the material is a little sticky in the chamber. A tool would be useful in these situations.

vandalizedbythelotus

@Vestratto picked up the tape turbulator pic from this paper. was thinking manufacturing could be done inhouse. insert flat tape in tube, twist from both ends, cut notches. but i'm sure there are also other options.

another thermal break under the oven would presumably improve heat retention in the right area while also improving handling and cooling.
perhaps a boro/quartz/ceramic/zirconia/wood/CF part and o-rings (male 8mm OD on the stem side please)? or one of those high temp plastic polymers maybe but i feel like a lesser material would diminish the anvil.

after watching someone empty the bowl by smacking it with the anvil, i though ideally the debowling/pick tool would somehow be integrated in the anvil itself, since it's in one's other hand at that point anyway.

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,

Vestratto

Manufacturer
Been a couple days and i think i am learning some of the nuances of this vape. I hit it native so the vapor is a little harsh, however i did try it thru some tubing and the clouds were huge. The flavors are still amazing, loving the airflow adjustment. Cant wait to get the helix chambers, I will admit John is right about these 2 can keep you occupied. I like the magnet stand that came with it, very useful in removing a hot chamber.

would like to see a stir tool or pick added to the case. its not needed but there are those cases when you get "Anviled" meaning you have a session and after your session is done without realizing it a period of well lets say greater than 5 minutes has passed. when that happens the material is a little sticky in the chamber. A tool would be useful in these situations.
Hi - John here.

HOYO77 You're a frickin genius!
The Vestratto Team has been hitting this puppy for a year.
We never thought of getting "Anvilled"!
Whiff is gonna die laughing when he sees this.

Point taken on a de-bowling tool integration as well.

Top Bottom