Angus Enhanced

BigJr48

I struggle with dexterity and that’s not to say I can’t change batteries, but I tend to scrape them/damage them when swapping them in and out of a device all the time. I also don’t like having them exposed all the time.

The first thing I check when buying a new device is that it supports internal charging. The AE was stated to so I purchased it.

My retailer has the unit back and has said it’s charging but “too slowly” so has reached out to YLL. Not sure what they will advise at this stage. Purchased two weeks ago and only had ~10 sessions on it! Rather frustrating 😅
It's never recommended to charge batteries in a device where a external battery charger can be used.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It's never recommended to charge batteries in a device where a external battery charger can be used.
True, but I've always seen that as being largely the result of cya. If battery decides to vent in device, then the manufacturer of device is in the chain of liability.
But yes, it is still good practice; batteries won't develop as much heat if they charge on an external.

vapviking,
Reactions: seedy53

F1240

I struggle with dexterity and that’s not to say I can’t change batteries, but I tend to scrape them/damage them when swapping them in and out of a device all the time. I also don’t like having them exposed all the time.

The first thing I check when buying a new device is that it supports internal charging. The AE was stated to so I purchased it.

My retailer has the unit back and has said it’s charging but “too slowly” so has reached out to YLL. Not sure what they will advise at this stage. Purchased two weeks ago and only had ~10 sessions on it! Rather frustrating 😅
Came to ask the same thing as I got an AE two days ago and have the same issue. Refuses to charge batteries. Tried 4 sets of matched batteries and three different cables/bricks.

Not even used it to vape yet.

Retailer has reached out to yll vape so am waiting to see what the reply to that is.

But I’m leaning towards returning at this point. Had the OG Angus but battery condensation lead me to return it (thankfully the retailer was great as yll vape support was very dismissive).

seedy53

what retailer?

seedy53,

ungvar

Hey!

Need some advice from owners about using it with small amounts of material. My tolerance is super low, so I usually pack half of the already small bowl in my Dynavap B, which is about 0.02-0.03 grams. That’s enough for me. However, I’m not a big fan of the taste, even with a glass tube.

I also have an Air Max, but my tiny amounts just fall into the chamber. I’m looking for a portable electric vaporizer that can handle very small amounts without the material falling to chamber and give me a great flavor.

Is the AE a good option for this? What's the smallest amount you’ve used in your AE?

Thanks!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I also have an Air Max, but my tiny amounts just fall into the chamber.
I always try and use the Solo inverted so you won't have this problem. I suggest using the WPA and a dry pipe like a sherlock. Better cooling, no worry about material falling into the heater and better taste overall. The Solo can be a great microdoser that preserves taste.

seedy53

Hey!

Need some advice from owners about using it with small amounts of material. My tolerance is super low, so I usually pack half of the already small bowl in my Dynavap B, which is about 0.02-0.03 grams. That’s enough for me. However, I’m not a big fan of the taste, even with a glass tube.

I also have an Air Max, but my tiny amounts just fall into the chamber. I’m looking for a portable electric vaporizer that can handle very small amounts without the material falling to chamber and give me a great flavor.

Is the AE a good option for this? What's the smallest amount you’ve used in your AE?

Thanks!
about .07g but the 5min session maybe too long depending on hit length and how much draw is used.
i say this cause, a measured .12g is perfect at heat setting #3.
if i use the same amt on setting #1 i might have to do A PARTIAL SECOND SESSION about 2 min until herb taste is flat and makes me cough.

however, using .12g bowl at heat setting of #3, may only need 3mins of 5 min of a session, not tried that, ... it's just a guess, on my part.

seedy53,

DRAG-0n

Hey!

Thanks!
Probably best to make your own thread for this. More likely to get more bias towards the ae in the ae thread. Just let them know your budget, preference for manual (torch driven) or electrical, and portable or desktop. Its a great time to vape with all the options out there now, im sure you will find the one for you

seedy53

Probably best to make your own thread for this. More likely to get more bias towards the ae in the ae thread. Just let them know your budget, preference for manual (torch driven) or electrical, and portable or desktop. Its a great time to vape with all the options out there now, im sure you will find the one for you
i thought this was a angus enhanced exclusive channel. is that what you mean?

seedy53,
Reactions: DRAG-0n

R1ng0

do not understand why this ae vape does get the respect like solo3. anyone that can explain it? just tried s3 against my ae 2 days. ae tastes and performs as well if not better in many ways..
High Seedy, I am loving the angus enhanced its been totes wixx lasts forever makes massive clouds and i even got the dosing capsules i have my own XStar 4 VC4 charger, so haven't tried the charging lead but i'm loving this vape even on the lowest setting with capsules clouds and through the water pipe this vape id say is a mighty contender and i mean in IMHO its a mighty beater and i bought a mighty and crafty equipped them both with steel tops from FTL and still they get nowhere near this flav and ability to kill a bowl in 3 huge rips, this vape rocks better then the TM2 better then the mighty tastier then the FF2 top tip very happy I have the Arizer Solo III its nice it gets too hot in my opinion even on low temps. And id agree its my number one vape now...

DRAG-0n

i thought this was a angus enhanced exclusive channel. is that what you mean?
yep, and just thought it might be more helpful for ungvar. They only really asked if the ae can be used for small amounts so it wasnt off topic or anything wrong.

DRAG-0n,

Texus

Hey!

Thanks!
I haven't used very small amounts, but the dosing capsules could reduce the amount and probably make it better suited to such small amounts. You could also just use it as a glass insert.

You probably won't need the full session length with such a small amount, but easy enough to turn it off (5 clicks).

ungvar

My main curiosity is whether the AE, with its power, can extract from such a small amount that barely fills the chamber, even when using capsules to narrow the airflow?

I’ve also heard that the AE is great at preserving flavor during the session. Does this mean I can enjoy the aroma over 3-4 short sessions with a full bowl? Other vaporizers I’ve tried really degrade the flavor using this method (Arizer, Mighty).

ungvar,

seedy53

My main curiosity is whether the AE, with its power, can extract from such a small amount that barely fills the chamber, even when using capsules to narrow the airflow?

I’ve also heard that the AE is great at preserving flavor during the session. Does this mean I can enjoy the aroma over 3-4 short sessions with a full bowl? Other vaporizers I’ve tried really degrade the flavor using this method (Arizer, Mighty).
narrow? adjustable. wide-open port provides a very full open airflow. it lets in a hurricane of air lol.

seedy53,

ungvar

narrow? adjustable. wide-open port provides a very full open airflow. it lets in a hurricane of air lol.
Sorry, English isn't my first language.
I meant that having a small amount of material in a wide chamber works poorly because most of the heated air just passes by without contacting the herb. For convection devices, this might be critical for vapor production. So, my idea is to narrow the chamber using dosing caps.

ungvar,

seedy53

Sorry, English isn't my first language.
I meant that having a small amount of material in a wide chamber works poorly because most of the heated air just passes by without contacting the herb. For convection devices, this might be critical for vapor production. So, my idea is to narrow the chamber using dosing caps.
idk all the herb is affected by any airflow setting i choice it is perfect avb herb after 5 min session at any temp setting. so i see no need to use a narrower chamber with or without dose cap. mine does avb perfectly. this is a hybrid heat unit the steel chamber heats up from the bottom by ruby beads and mainly by air heat drawn into the chamber which consumes the edges. flower edges does not need to be heated directly from the heated air.

Last edited:
seedy53,

Texus

Generally, I like to have a solid covering of the bottom screen(enough flower that you can't see it) even if shallow, so that the heated air is going thru the flower instead of around it.

Texus,

seedy53

Generally, I like to have a solid covering of the bottom screen(enough flower that you can't see it) even if shallow, so that the heated air is going thru the flower instead of around it.
when you put a little herb in the oven with no packing, the heated air blows the ground herb pieces fly's around inside the chamber by the forced air of the draw like a blender. herb does not stay in one place, is what i mean.

seedy53,

seedy53

the new best batteries for the angus enhanced or any high amp needed vap.
repost from reditt

"up and until now the biggest and strongest high discharge rated batteries have been

molicel p28a and p28b

now they up'ed their game.

the first low-impedance version of this new generation 18650 power cell offers several noteworthy improvements as a low impedance version over its predecessor, the P28A. ultra-high power cells with best power-to-energy ratio ever in 18650 format. It features 3.0Ah for 100W discharge and 3C fast charge power

Molicel P30B 18650 3000mAh 30A Battery

The full-range fast charging rate has been significantly increased from 2C to 3C with both high-speed charging and high-power output. P30B is capable of maximum continuous cycling at high current up to 36A. Boasts a significant 60% reduction in DCR compared to P28A, which contributes to improved overall efficiency and performance. The high-power discharge capability has increased from 80W to 100W, an increase of 20%.
After 500 cycles of 100W discharge, it can retain incredibly up to 75% of initial run time."

Maschine

the new best batteries for the angus enhanced or any high amp needed vap.
repost from reditt

"up and until now the biggest and strongest high discharge rated batteries have been

molicel p28a and p28b

now they up'ed their game.

the first low-impedance version of this new generation 18650 power cell offers several noteworthy improvements as a low impedance version over its predecessor, the P28A. ultra-high power cells with best power-to-energy ratio ever in 18650 format. It features 3.0Ah for 100W discharge and 3C fast charge power

Molicel P30B 18650 3000mAh 30A Battery

The full-range fast charging rate has been significantly increased from 2C to 3C with both high-speed charging and high-power output. P30B is capable of maximum continuous cycling at high current up to 36A. Boasts a significant 60% reduction in DCR compared to P28A, which contributes to improved overall efficiency and performance. The high-power discharge capability has increased from 80W to 100W, an increase of 20%.
After 500 cycles of 100W discharge, it can retain incredibly up to 75% of initial run time."
The new Molicel P30 have already been discussed in the battery thread somewhere and I was super hyped for them but seems like that they still not official available. Later I read from someone on here who was able to get a few promos or something and reported there is no noticeable difference compared to the P28 - ofc this is just a single opinion but I'll wait now for more reviews.

Maschine,

seedy53

The new Molicel P30 have already been discussed in the battery thread somewhere and I was super hyped for them but seems like that they still not official available. Later I read from someone on here who was able to get a few promos or something and reported there is no noticeable difference compared to the P28 - ofc this is just a single opinion but I'll wait now for more reviews.
just ordered from 18650batterystore $9.99 each

seedy53,
Reactions: Maschine

seedy53

Just to update my earlier comment about the Angus not charging batteries.

The retailer contacted yllvape who sent a new firmware version which sorts the issue.
good 2 know they care. do you love this ae or what? i swear it's my new fav

seedy53,
Top Bottom