• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

Pinte

It's been a month with a lot of use, and I am really enjoying my AVLP still. I've taken it on long walks now, and use it around the house. It's not too big to be cumbersome, and it's not too small to have a tiny bowl. It feels great in the hands, so solid. I think I mentioned how amazing it looks, I think it's the best looker on the market with the exception of a few select Toads I've seen, and maybe a custom Dynavap here and there that cost more than the AVLP.

That said, I primarily use session mode 99% of the time, and I find 375f to be my go to spot for walking about and sipping, and 415f when I want stronger hits to get right to the point without much harshness. Beyond 415f the harshness really ramps up for me (And gets way stronger). I've found both methods when initially heating I let it bake for about 10 seconds or so after it buzzes, which makes all of the hits perfection from the get go. I find inhaling right at the moment of buzzing, I don't get too much vapor - i think the vapor is just starting to be released at that point. My Dynavaps are the same way, the click goes off, but I let it bake for a few more seconds and then get great draws.

I haven't found packing the bowl tighter or looser to make much of a difference. With devices with smaller bowls, I've found packing tighter always helped quite a bit. With the AVLP it just works either way, I think it's the way the heating chamber works and gives a mostly even cook. I haven't had to stir the bowl.

Last edited:

seedy53

so the alp is a conduction unit, only, with both on demand and session modes, not a hybrid?
i thought airvape said alp was both convection and conduction unit, no? Gary-Airvape. clear this up, please.

hinglemccringleberry

I was saying it's a hybrid because that's what my observations showed me.
Plus the heater is not the chamber walls. The heater is underneath the chamber.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

I agree it is mostly for flavor, but there are also very tasty pure conduction vapes (vapman, BAK). For me I typically prefer my weed touching nothing but air and glass, but there are great exceptions.

I also agree it is wonky and probably not useful to most vapers. But these distinctions are useful when talking abouy vapes in general and the heating technology they use.
i fucked up! i confused induction coil with a conduction coil. please forgive my sorry ass rant.

Last edited:

Pinte

In on demand mode, I believe you're mostly heating from below. In session mode, the heat eventually speads to the walls and into the top cap, so it's a fully enclosed heated bowl. I am not going to argue the semantics, but just going to say: whatever it is, it works wonderfully and makes for a nice even brown toasted puck for me at the end of every session.

seedy53

In on demand mode, I believe you're mostly heating from below. In session mode, the heat eventually speads to the walls and into the top cap, so it's a fully enclosed heated bowl. I am not going to argue the semantics, but just going to say: whatever it is, it works wonderfully and makes for a nice even brown toasted puck for me at the end of every session.
yep i'm an alp lover and advocate too

seedy53

i changed my mind about doing heavy modes of the alp. after doing a side by side comparison of my 2 alps (og and steampunk), i discovered the stock model was just as good performer as the mod unit.
you know the micro-wheel also is a airflow adjuster too, not just a bowl size adjuster. i ended-up removing my mods because i finally figured out the alp performed best with the stock set-up, except for a ruby beaded glass tube mod and no dose caps (the threaded ones).

Keeping the micro wheel and oblong screen and oven clean, is the best way to get heavy vaps,. i no longer cover my bud in bowel with a 15mm screen either.

i unscrew/back-off my micro-wheel 2 turns, for wide open airflow. the wheel must be wiped clean with iso on top and the sides too and wipe down rubber gasket too.

i wipe it every other bowl with a iso wipe and then again with a water damp then cloth so i do not need a burn out.

every 12 or so bowls, i remove the micro-wheel and clean the under-side of wheel and the rubber underneath the wheel, as well.

its a routine, it is not a hard or time consumer thing as it sounds. remember you keep your gun clean for best performance and safety, it's a wise thing to do but you don't have to but it will not keep performing like new either.

i have 2 ruby glass tubes that i swap out every time i do a battery swap and clean out the hole of glass tube under oblong screen area with a dry and damp thin, special Japanese brand of a small-diameter, baby q-tip too, while the unit is still warm.

Anyway that's was what i discovered after weeks of side by side comparison. I know the many will differ from my opinions but that's ok.

Last edited:

mephisto

Been using my Pro heavily since it was released. Just replaced the factory tube with a VGoodiez ruby version and it seems to cool a bit more. Aside from a good amount of condensed goodness in the stock tube, I have not cleaned this vape once and it just keeps on doing its job. Cheers to Gary and the Airvape crew.

hinglemccringleberry

i changed my mind about doing heavy modes of the alp. after doing a side by side comparison of my 2 alps (og and steampunk), i discovered the stock model was just as good performer as the mod unit.
you know the micro-wheel also is a airflow adjuster too, not just a bowl size adjuster. i ended-up removing my mods because i finally figured out the alp performed best with the stock set-up, except for a ruby beaded glass tube mod and no dose caps (the threaded ones).

Keeping the micro wheel and oblong screen and oven clean, is the best way to get heavy vaps,. i no longer cover my bud in bowel with a 15mm screen either.

i unscrew/back-off my micro-wheel 2 turns, for wide open airflow. the wheel must be wiped clean with iso on top and the sides too and wipe down rubber gasket too.

i wipe it every other bowl with a iso wipe and then again with a water damp then cloth so i do not need a burn out.

every 12 or so bowls, i remove the micro-wheel and clean the under-side of wheel and the rubber underneath the wheel, as well.

its a routine, it is not a hard or time consumer thing as it sounds. remember you keep your gun clean for best performance and safety, it's a wise thing to do but you don't have to but it will not keep performing like new either.

i have 2 ruby glass tubes that i swap out every time i do a battery swap and clean out the hole of glass tube under oblong screen area with a dry and damp thin, special Japanese brand of a small-diameter, baby q-tip too, while the unit is still warm.

Anyway that's was what i discovered after weeks of side by side comparison. I know the many will differ from my opinions but that's ok.
with the microdosing wheel, it feels to me like it doesn't matter what position it's in. Its presence blocks more airflow than I would like..

The Airvape capsule lid with no capsule has been the way for me.
For small bowls I use a rimless basket screen I had laying around, and still cap it with the capsule lid.
Also removed the screen-n-grommet next to the chamber. Now I'm spending less time cleaning than I did with my Pax 2. I can deep clean the vape once a week instead of every 3 days like I had to with the Pax, and the process itself takes about the same amount of time.

Spin0620

with the microdosing wheel, it feels to me like it doesn't matter what position it's in. Its presence blocks more airflow than I would like..

For small bowls I use a rimless basket screen I had laying around, and still cap it with the capsule lid.
Also removed the screen-n-grommet next to the chamber. Now I'm spending less time cleaning than I did with my Pax 2. I can deep clean the vape once a week instead of every 3 days like I had to with the Pax, and the process itself takes about the same amount of time.
I use the capsule lid but not the capsule. All is good 👍

seedy53

i was a supporter to these mods and would have bet these mods were the better way.
as i've said, after comparing side by side, with all things being equal, there was no measurable difference in vapor, taste, or cooler production between my stock unit and the mod unit.
my stock unit, makes avb pucks too.
there is very little difference in draw resistance either.
the only real difference is as you said is less cleaning.
i want to make sure, i do not get a bacterial lung, mouth, or trachea infection and i'm want a clean device, as apposed to, a little extra time, effort and labor cleaning.
btw - my unit barely stinks after being cleaned, now.
the once a week cleaning my unit stunk bad outside of my carrying case.
so what you think am i ocd'ed? lol

seedy53

i would like to ask our rep-Gary-Airvape to comment as to the mods, people use, on their customized alp units and stock alp units.
in your opinion, do you think removing micro-wheel, using a 15 mm screen or dose cap lid on top of the bud in oven, and the removal of the oblong screen and it's gasket, make the alp perform better and make a better unit or worse with those mods as opposed to stock units.

The next model coming out , possibility later this year or early next year, the new SE model, what performance improvements, better/less cleaning needs, and such, will will get? what will the new designs do for the unit?

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
i would like to ask our rep-Gary-Airvape to comment as to the mods, people use, on their customized alp units and stock alp units.
in you opinion, do you think removing micro-wheel, using a 15 mm screen or dose cap lid on top of the bud in oven, and the removal of the oblong screen and it's gasket, make the alp perform better and make a better unit with those mods as opposed to stock units.

The next model coming out , possibility later this year or early next year, the new SE model, what performance improvements, better/less cleaning needs, and such, will will get? what will the new designs do for the unit?
Inquiring minds want to know :popcorn:

I'm super happy with my ALP but I'd love to see how Airvape makes it better. If they could eliminate the difficult-to-clean PEEK right angle curves in the airpath that'd be cool 🙏.

Spin0620

in your opinion, do you think removing micro-wheel, using a 15 mm screen or dose cap lid on top of the bud in oven, and the removal of the oblong screen and it's gasket, make the alp perform better and make a better unit or worse with those mods as opposed to stock units.

I use the lid off the dosing caps, I keep the oval screen in.

Although the spikes & balls tube cools _slightly_ better, the all spike tube has better airflow when dirty and more or less the same when clean. And yes, I use and clean my concentrate pads regularly since I use a Pro SE as a concentrate device (along with a Cricket).
I don't suppose you would be kind enough to share a breakdown of how you dialed in concentrates would you? Or anyone else that uses their ALP for trates really.

I'm new to concentrates and having a pretty hard time getting anything out of wax mode using the concentrate pad. I get very very wispy hits. Not satisfying at all.

Pukka

I don't suppose you would be kind enough to share a breakdown of how you dialed in concentrates would you? Or anyone else that uses their ALP for trates really.

I'm new to concentrates and having a pretty hard time getting anything out of wax mode using the concentrate pad. I get very very wispy hits. Not satisfying at all.
Set to maximum temp, session mode. Add a "grain of sushi rice" or bb size piece of concentrate to pad, kind of smushing it in. Start with a couple of cigar puffs to get things going and then go for it. This is usually good for a couple of excellent hits followed by several of declining quality depending on how dirty the pad is.

Pukka,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I received the new water attachments, and that new bubbler...works amazing. My ALP is complete...just waiting for that custom case and you really do not need anything else but, this unit. The flavor is just outstanding. I just do not understand this...how come? How come this has such flavor? What is it about this unit that creates such lovely flavor? I do not get that flavor with my other expensive units. Why? What magic is this? I am so happy with my ALP...thank you. Thank you Gary and everyone at the office. Truly appreciate this company.

Okla68

Set to maximum temp, session mode. Add a "grain of sushi rice" or bb size piece of concentrate to pad, kind of smushing it in. Start with a couple of cigar puffs to get things going and then go for it. This is usually good for a couple of excellent hits followed by several of declining quality depending on how dirty the pad is.
After placing dab piece on the pad, set to max(464f), I Leave the door Open until it has melted into the pad Before I close the door. As said above, a cpl cigar puffs, then Good to Go....It seems to be a bit different that a regular dab hit, in that you dont get it All at once. But, will Definitely get you there. I do Sandwiches also with a little bed of Flower 1st, then the dab soaked pad !

hinglemccringleberry

I received the new water attachments, and that new bubbler...works amazing. My ALP is complete...just waiting for that custom case and you really do not need anything else but, this unit. The flavor is just outstanding. I just do not understand this...how come? How come this has such flavor? What is it about this unit that creates such lovely flavor? I do not get that flavor with my other expensive units. Why? What magic is this? I am so happy with my ALP...thank you. Thank you Gary and everyone at the office. Truly appreciate this company.
I've heard some say that the flavor is the best ever since the Firefly, I've heard others say the flavor is good, not great.

My unpopular opinion is that the flavor from my Pax 2 is better than the ALP, and I'm saying this comparing the same amount of medium ground bud (0.125 from the same stash) in both. The low temp flavor in the Pax was sublime with terpiness, and I haven't been able to get that same terpiness from any of the hybrid and convection vapes I've tried even when starting in the 320's. Maybe it's the direct pathway of the Pax that retains more terps or something. But so far, the "convection flavor is better than conduction" has been 100% false to me.

But the ALP is much nicer to use than the Pax and the hits are better and more satisfying in all other ways.

Last edited:

seedy53

24k plated gold plating micro wheel and oven, glass tube, peek inside corners, and that special z-ceramic mouthpiece

Dr. G

Old Resident
24k plated gold plating micro wheel and oven, glass tube, peek inside corners, and that special z-ceramic mouthpiece
When I see just a few 'reviewers' review ALP and say that its just 'ok' I just wonder what other vapes they are trying to sell off their websites. I have the BEST vapes possibly made...they do not have this flavor...also, I have the Volcano...I do NOT have that kind of experience with it. When I first started vaping with ALP...I think I went into shock. I had not EVER tasted herb before it seemed. I really did not. I started with the Firefly long ago. There was real flavor there too but, so difficult to draw from. What a great design I thought. Then, I really do not remember how I stumbled across the ALP. Perhaps I read some posts from here. I truly do not remember. I do not remember anything today anyway, I just took my meds. Also, one last thing sorry, I love the Steampunk version. Everytime I open it up its so stylish. I just love it. Have a good day everyone.

Top Bottom