AirVape Legacy Pro

yohonomo

Just my 2 cents:
I bought the Steampunk 420 bundle and I am extremely happy with my decision! I really like the device and hope that the AVLP (and the S&B Mighty+ that I bought as well) will help me finally quit smoking. A few years back I had bought a Dynavap M and OmniTitan XL but both did not really satisfy me and I kept smoking joints ... A LOT.

I even do prefer the AVLP over the Mighty+, the vapor tastes better to me and I really like the restricted draw of it (I'm using it with the ruby glass airpath from VGoodiez) because it kind of satisfies my smoking addiction. :) The Mighty+ is a completely different experience but I like it as well. And since I am from Germany, I completely trust Storz & Bickel regarding the materials used and related health aspects. I'm always a little bit worried about that with 'new' companies from the U.S. or with China based production. These devices are rarely lab tested and we have to trust manufacturers to act responsible. I do hope that's the case with Airvape and the Legacy Pro - because I'm loving it! :D

I'm curious and keep wondering: Is it safe to keep using the dosing caps even with a little wear&tear over time? What are they made of under that gold plating? I'm looking forward to the new dosing caps. I'm not unhappy with the current ones, but they are a bit pricey and fiddley. 50% off is a good deal and I will buy more when the come out.

The AVLP Steampunk Edition is beautiful, but it's not really a 300 Dollar / Euro device in my opinion. For that kind of money the build quality / quality control would have to be better.
- I had an issue with the fabric sticker on the front cover, there was a bubble on the lower right and the sticker had a few fringes. I was able to even that out and pry off the excess fabric.
- On the back the alignment looks off as well because the symbol for wireless charging is not centered and the fabric pattern seems to sit a bit diagonally. And there's a darker spot/stain one the top right corner of the back, as if there's an oil stain or something.
- On the inside the battery cover does not completely align with the metal, one corner keeps pushing up 1mm.

269/299 $/€ seems overpriced to me considering the described flaws. I would have been unhappy at the original price, but I can easily ignore the flaws for the 169/199 Euro bundle with the dosing caps. The dosing caps are a must have in my opinion and they should be included with the device.

Sue Narmy

Just my 2 cents:
I bought the Steampunk 420 bundle and I am extremely happy with my decision! I really like the device and hope that the AVLP (and the S&B Mighty+ that I bought as well) will help me finally quit smoking. A few years back I had bought a Dynavap M and OmniTitan XL but both did not really satisfy me and I kept smoking joints ... A LOT.

I even do prefer the AVLP over the Mighty+, the vapor tastes better to me and I really like the restricted draw of it (I'm using it with the ruby glass airpath from VGoodiez) because it kind of satisfies my smoking addiction. :) The Mighty+ is a completely different experience but I like it as well. And since I am from Germany, I completely trust Storz & Bickel regarding the materials used and related health aspects. I'm always a little bit worried about that with 'new' companies from the U.S. or with China based production. These devices are rarely lab tested and we have to trust manufacturers to act responsible. I do hope that's the case with Airvape and the Legacy Pro - because I'm loving it! :D

I'm curious and keep wondering: Is it safe to keep using the dosing caps even with a little wear&tear over time? What are they made of under that gold plating? I'm looking forward to the new dosing caps. I'm not unhappy with the current ones, but they are a bit pricey and fiddley. 50% off is a good deal and I will buy more when the come out.

The AVLP Steampunk Edition is beautiful, but it's not really a 300 Dollar / Euro device in my opinion. For that kind of money the build quality / quality control would have to be better.
- I had an issue with the fabric sticker on the front cover, there was a bubble on the lower right and the sticker had a few fringes. I was able to even that out and pry off the excess fabric.
- On the back the alignment looks off as well because the symbol for wireless charging is not centered and the fabric pattern seems to sit a bit diagonally. And there's a darker spot/stain one the top right corner of the back, as if there's an oil stain or something.
- On the inside the battery cover does not completely align with the metal, one corner keeps pushing up 1mm.

269/299 $/€ seems overpriced to me considering the described flaws. I would have been unhappy at the original price, but I can easily ignore the flaws for the 169/199 Euro bundle with the dosing caps. The dosing caps are a must have in my opinion and they should be included with the device.
The capsules are made out of gold plated stainless steel so you can use them time after time without any problems.

seedy53

Just my 2 cents:

never had the issues you described. did you contact gary at airvape?

yohonomo

never had the issues you described. did you contact gary at airvape?
No, it's not that bad that I would have returned it. It's just an observation regarding the build quality/quality assurance and the expectations I would have *IF* I had paid 300 Euros for just the device.

I quickly 'ruined' the fake leather anway by touching it with ISO-wet fingers after my first cleaning. :lol:

seedy53

discussion:
anyone besides myself wanting a new mouthpiece alternative?
LIKE a zirconium ROUND mouthpiece and/or wpa combo round mouthpiece?
is the current alp glass wpa piece a bit wobbly?

can we get more detailed info on the desktop ENSO vap. estimated release date and price.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

I've always used this vape with dosing caps. I decided to try it without one.
But first I did a filtration upgrade to the capsule lid because I want to keep using the lid.
I stuck a SS mesh screen inside the lip of the lid, perfectly sized for the lid.
Also put a permanent SS screen on the.oven floor (which I do for all of my dry herb vapes). Huge difference in how clean the vapor path is now. The visible chunks of plant matter are completely gone, and a film of resin is all that gets on the vape.

And the already-good hits seem better now..

Since this enables me to ditch the oval screen-n-grommet, cleaning this vape is overall pretty easy now. I would argue it takes the same amount of time as cleaning a Pax 3...(as long as you have pointy Q-tips)...

Last edited:

R1ng0

caps offer will be sent out to all PRO owners. The carry case will be similar to the riot case from Amazon, but smell-proof, and with sockets for the caps. still working on the final details. I'm going to update more when I see the shipping dates. We are currently working on a product launch party in New York. It will be a sunset cruise around Manhattan, info and ticket will be available for forum members soon. state tuned, this year will be huge:)
Hi Gary do you have any pictures of the new style bubble pods?

Pukka

discussion:
anyone besides myself wanting a new mouthpiece alternative?
LIKE a zirconium ROUND mouthpiece and/or wpa combo round mouthpiece?
is the current alp glass wpa piece a bit wobbly?

can we get more detailed info on the desktop ENSO vap. estimated release date and price.
Have you seen this?
Looks nice, not as nice as a round zirc mouthpiece, but nice anyway ...

Pukka,
Reactions: seedy53

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Have had a few sessions with the Pro now. Smooth, tasty, potent. It's like a new level of smooth I've never really experienced.
I use a dosing cap without screwing the lid on. I preload a cap for the day and it stays in the vape so putting the lid on properly is a waste of time, but the lid does need to be there. Caps suck to handle but they've proven to be very worth it for me.

I removed the microdosing disc per people's recommendation. It made me think the disc needs a total redesign. I wish it functioned like the Pax pusher where it actually shrinks the chamber significantly (the stock disc doesn't) and acts as a sandwich-screen with as little as 0.08 grams of herb and has a 3D pattern or notches or something so it won't block airflow. If that existed, I wouldn't have to use caps.

Pointy precision Q-tips with a flexible stem are what you need for cleaning this thing...do those exist??
I agree! The taste on the ALP is divine.
I find pipe cleaners sprayed with alcohol work really well to clean the small areas on the ALP instead of q-tips.

seedy53

Have you seen this?
is it soft or hard silicone on both ends

Last edited:
seedy53,

Pukka

is it soft or hard silicone on both ends
I no know 🙃 it should be in my hands tomorrow ...

The wide end fits over the mouthpiece just fine, and the glass adapter can fit into the smaller end if you twist it in with some considerable effort. It aint ever coming back out easily.
>> Sorry Pinte, I couldn't get the qoute function to work
Dip the end into a pan of hotter than the depths of Hades water. It softens the silicone end and until it cools you can re-arrange the shape of the opening until things fit.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
@Gary-Airvape Hello Gary, Could you please give us an update on the case for the Legacy Pro? I find myself using a case but, it just slides around inside and its awful. Any chance of getting the case soon? Thank you...hope you are doing well. Thank you....

Dr. G,

lordl1nx

is it soft or hard silicone on both ends Definitely getting this but waiting for the new dosing caps to go on sale for I could do a order and get everything I need at once.

Have you seen this?
Definitely getting this but waiting for the new dosing caps to go on sale for I could do a order and get everything I need at once.

yohonomo

@Gary-Airvape Hello Gary, Could you please give us an update on the case for the Legacy Pro? I find myself using a case but, it just slides around inside and its awful. Any chance of getting the case soon? Thank you...hope you are doing well. Thank you....
I'm using the Storz & Bickel Crafty+ Case for the AVLP. It's a great fit, but double the height of the AVLP. It does have a rubber band to hold it in place though and the room above can be used to hold two Storz & Bickel Capsule Magazines. The "Airbubbles" fit okay in the S&B Magazine, 4 are perfect, more are possible. :D

yohonomo,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Old Resident
Definitely getting this but waiting for the new dosing caps to go on sale for I could do a order and get everything I need at once.
I have seen it...but, I am am using the glass adapter that comes with and it works perfect for me. Fits nicely in my water bong...

YoHoNoMo I have seen it and own that one and the bigger one...I just cannot stand the sliding around. It also slides around the other cases I have purchased. I am really eager to have a perfect fit one made for it exclusively. Gary said long ago they were working on one...I am just wondering...in the meantime, I do use the S & B one....and others.

I know double post sorry....but, Gary! What is this new double authenticator during the payment????? Why do we have to put in our code for anything else but, the credit card! Why can't I just use my credit card and number on back????? This is a pain in the ass. I went ahead and put in the other codes....but, I tell you I hate doing that and do not know why...the credit card and number on back should be enough. My two cents.

I think that three codes is OVERKILL...I understand about fraudulent transactions. I am not stupid. But, to ask someone for three different codes on a card that is on file is ridiculous.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Case is on the way, I saw the proto, but still not in mass production yet. maybe a month or so
Thank you Gary for the heads up. I appreciate it. The site had some new items that are super...had to get them. Looking forward to the case. Thank you.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Gary-Airvape

I have seen the new WPA you are selling now and it looks neat!
There have been a few questions on whether the material is hard or soft?
Would you be able to answer this for us?
Thanks!!

lazylathe,
Top Bottom