AirVape Legacy Pro

hinglemccringleberry

I believe there is more conduction happening with this vape than there is with the Roffu, comparing both doing an on-demand draw. This vape seems to be a balanced hybrid whereas the Roffu is more like 2/3 to 3/4 convection.
With the Roffu and no capsules, there's a need to draw harder to bring on the thicker hits. A slower draw doesn't achieve the full potential.
With this vape, drawing harder doesn't give me such a dramatic increase in vapor production like with the Roffu. Meaning the ALP behaves more like a balanced hybrid. I can take moderate draws and get pretty dense vapor.
With the Roffu I have to use a dosing capsule to achieve the same result of thick vapor without having to draw harder. With the ALP, that behavior happens with no dosing capsule.
And my ALP is a bit stinkier than my Roffu...

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I believe there is more conduction happening with this vape than there is with the Roffu, comparing both doing an on-demand draw. This vape seems to be a balanced hybrid whereas the Roffu is more like 2/3 to 3/4 convection.
With the Roffu and no capsules, there's a need to draw harder to bring on the thicker hits. A slower draw doesn't achieve the full potential.
With this vape, drawing harder doesn't give me such a dramatic increase in vapor production like with the Roffu. Meaning the ALP behaves more like a balanced hybrid. I can take moderate draws and get pretty dense vapor.
With the Roffu I have to use a dosing capsule to achieve the same result of thick vapor without having to draw harder. With the ALP, that behavior happens with no dosing capsule.
And my ALP is a bit stinkier than my Roffu, further supporting this theory...
I can't speak to your comparisons with the Roffu since I don't own one but if you're truly using the ALP in on-demand mode, holding down the button until it vibrates, taking your hit and then letting the button go before the next hit, I can't see how you're getting much conduction at all. As soon as you let go of the button everything is cooling down.

I agree with you that the ALP can behave like a balanced hybrid. In session mode. Not on-demand mode.

With portables, where the heater often can't keep up with a swift hard draw, convection heating will give less clouds with a hard fast draw. I find if you have a long, slow draw you get much better results with convection portables. The heater can keep up with the temp drop from your draw and if you draw slowly and for a long period then that hot air spends more time slowly passing through your weed and cooking it.

Your ALP being stinkier = more conduction is just pure conjecture but I thought it was funny to read. The ALP isn't easy to clean and you can't just generalize that conduction vapes are smellier.

hinglemccringleberry

I can't speak to your comparisons with the Roffu since I don't own one but if you're truly using the ALP in on-demand mode, holding down the button until it vibrates, taking your hit and then letting the button go before the next hit, I can't see how you're getting much conduction at all. As soon as you let go of the button everything is cooling down.

I agree with you that the ALP can behave like a balanced hybrid. In session mode. Not on-demand mode.

With portables, where the heater often can't keep up with a swift hard draw, convection heating will give less clouds with a hard fast draw. I find if you have a long, slow draw you get much better results with convection portables. The heater can keep up with the temp drop from your draw and if you draw slowly and for a long period then that hot air spends more time slowly passing through your weed and cooking it.

Your ALP being stinkier = more conduction is just pure conjecture but I thought it was funny to read. The ALP isn't easy to clean and you can't just generalize that conduction vapes are smellier.
Yes, I do realize there's much less conduction in on-demand mode. But it will never be as convection-dominant as something like the Milaana.
In that vape, the basket screen is contacting the opposite side of the load from where the heat hits it, and there is an empty void between the load and the heater. There's no conduction happening at all, save for a tiiiiny bit from the basket screen. Contrast that with the ALP and, well, you know. Even in on-demand mode, the metal chamber is heating up mid-hit, and if you're taking 15 second hits like I am and it's a warm climate, there is definitely a little conduction happening. But I think it's a good thing- I prefer it over the 99% convection vapes.

As for the 'conduction vapes are stinkier' thing, I'm just basing that off the 2 session conduction portables I owned which were absolute stinkers, and the Milaana 3 unit having literally 0% smell to it like it came from outer space or something.

Last edited:

seedy53

Yes, I do realize there's much less conduction in on-demand mode. But it will never be as convection-dominant as something like the Milaana.
In that vape, the basket screen is contacting the opposite side of the load from where the heat hits it, and there is an empty void between the load and the heater. There's no conduction happening at all, save for a tiiiiny bit from the basket screen. Contrast that with the ALP and, well, you know. Even in on-demand mode, the metal chamber is heating up mid-hit, and if you're taking 15 second hits like I am and it's a warm climate, there is definitely a little conduction happening. But I think it's a good thing- I prefer it over the 99% convection vapes.

As for the 'conduction vapes are stinkier' thing, I'm just basing that off the 2 session conduction portables I owned which were absolute stinkers, and the Milaana 3 unit having literally 0% smell to it like it came from outer space or something.
my 2 alps, when i keep clean, is not a stinker

lazylathe

Almost there...
I disagree. In on-demand mode the bowl stays at room temp unless you push the button. Once you stop pushing the button the temp plummets again. Nothing happens to my weed if I don't draw in this mode. Of course once you draw the bowl will absorb some heat from the hot air flowing through it but this dissipates once you stop pushing the button and stop drawing. Also, you can see the temp dropping on the display. Seems very heavily convection in this mode.

In session mode of course it's hybrid convection/conduction as the bowl gets heated along with the heated air you draw through the bowl. I actually prefer this hybrid mix but I think it's anyone's guess as to what the ratio is. My feeling is that it's around 70%/30% convection/conduction at the start of my session and maybe 50/50 by the end of a 3 minute session.
For me I have to be way below 400F in on-demand for my herb to stay greener, otherwise it is almost as dark as the session abv.
I agree, more convection in on-demand but you have to keep the temps pretty low to keep your herb from roasting.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
For me I have to be way below 400F in on-demand for my herb to stay greener, otherwise it is almost as dark as the session abv.
I agree, more convection in on-demand but you have to keep the temps pretty low to keep your herb from roasting.
Hmmm, maybe so. I don't go over 400F in session or demand mode unless I'm using concentrates so I've never encountered this.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: LeftBased

Dr. G

Old Resident
Probably the fabric holding in the smell. All the finger sticky is bound to rub off on it after being used.
I use small square alcohol swabs...clean the inside of the bowl...and I use it on the fabric. You take a tiny amount of fabric softener and clean....leaves it nice and fresh...I usually just use the alcohol swab to clean for germs...the color of the fabric has not faded...it is made very well in my opinion. I believe its a hemp fabric.

Dr. G,
Reactions: cosimo

seedy53

I use small square alcohol swabs...clean the inside of the bowl...and I use it on the fabric. You take a tiny amount of fabric softener and clean....leaves it nice and fresh...I usually just use the alcohol swab to clean for germs...the color of the fabric has not faded...it is made very well in my opinion. I believe its a hemp fabric.
i heard if you use the urine of a striped unicorn while standing on your right leg only, while singing "i don't stink any more", it will never stink again. LOL

Pinte

Long memorial day weekend AVLP was a workhorse. I found it fits nice n snug in the Firedog 3x6" smell proof pouch. (You can even stash some capsules in the zip up slot)

I'm honestly not sure what I would want at this point for the ALVP. It meets every expectation for me.

Okla68

What and Where is the Best deal on a Steampunk....? I need another vape like a hole in my head...already have the Airvape X, Legacy OG, Legacy Pro !
If I can get one for $170US, Ill spend it. Most sales a probably over. But, thought Id ask anyway !!

seedy53

What and Where is the Best deal on a Steampunk....? I need another vape like a hole in my head...already have the Airvape X, Legacy OG, Legacy Pro !
If I can get one for $170US, Ill spend it. Most sales a probably over. But, thought Id ask anyway !!
they are all gone for now, maybe a sale on july 10th could be.

seedy53,
Reactions: Okla68

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer

Here is the official party invite to all who can make it;)
First few get a free vape!

Come and enjoy some time with Us, as we present the Enso shisha!

Check out and follow our IG page.

Last edited:

seedy53

Here is the official party invite to all who can make it;)
First few get a free vape!

Come and enjoy some time with Us, as we present the Enso shisha!

Check out and follow our IG page.
i'm screwed live in Louisiana

seedy53,

sameh

Agree with this 100%. Little torn or crumbled nuggs works best I find. Took me a while to figure this out. I even keep some pre-crumbled or torn little nuggs in a container to load the ALP with. Don't pack the bowl firmly, just pour in little nuggs or torn flower.

I like to start on session at 370-373 and then move to about 380-383. If I really want to cash the bowl (I usually don't bc I prefer flavor) I'll finish at 390.
Thank both of you for recommending not using a grinder! What a huge difference in flavor and airflow. Maybe I'll try a large grind plate for the BCG at some point. But for now, the tiny nuggs is definitely where this machine shines. It also keeps the bowl area way cleaner than with ground material.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I think some improvements need to be made on the ALP...it's not perfect yet. I think that where the glass stem lies that well to the left needs easier access to clean. Since that rubber thing cannot come out...the access in there is a pain in the ass. Today, I tried cleaning in there and the amount of gunk gathered in there is just too much and you never know whether its perfectly clean because you cannot see a damn thing. One thing I love about the Firefly hands down the glass design inside and how simple to clean and load. The ALP still needs design improvements inside. Please Gary...tell me that a new design will improve this soon.

PS After I cleaned my ALP the airflow was completely shot...the glass stem never aligned properly...I must have messed it up while cleaning it. That is the second vape this month that takes a shit on me. A few weeks ago was my doomed Angus. Now, my second ALP. My first one, I do not even know who has it...fell in the toilet, dropped 10 times and took a shit. Now, I just popped open a brand new ALP...and its just so very nice. I love this vape. But, we are not done with the design...

Dr. G,

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
I think some improvements need to be made on the ALP...it's not perfect yet. I think that where the glass stem lies that well to the left needs easier access to clean. Since that rubber thing cannot come out...the access in there is a pain in the ass. Today, I tried cleaning in there and the amount of gunk gathered in there is just too much and you never know whether its perfectly clean because you cannot see a damn thing. One thing I love about the Firefly hands down the glass design inside and how simple to clean and load. The ALP still needs design improvements inside. Please Gary...tell me that a new design will improve this soon.

PS After I cleaned my ALP the airflow was completely shot...the glass stem never aligned properly...I must have messed it up while cleaning it. That is the second vape this month that takes a shit on me. A few weeks ago was my doomed Angus. Now, my second ALP. My first one, I do not even know who has it...fell in the toilet, dropped 10 times and took a shit. Now, I just popped open a brand new ALP...and its just so very nice. I love this vape. But, we are not done with the design...

Yes, It will be changed, and easier access next to the chamber is already improved in the next version.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Yes, It will be changed, and easier access next to the chamber is already improved in the next version.
This is exactly why I love this company...very progressive. Gary, you are always so very helpful. You are a huge reason that this company is rolling...great customer service. The engineers, engineer, designers, etc. are always improving this...so refreshing. I love my Airvape Legacy Pro. Just LOVE IT!!!

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
We discussed this earlier; no significant change had been made to steampunk; it was a special edition-color+ a little easter egg/blinker challenge. We are updating the cleaning path, the door inside, and the airflow and are working on different temperature ranges in the new version. It will be announced when it's ready. We are focusing entirely on the desktop vape and the launch party in New York.

Top Bottom