AirVape Legacy Pro

Bazinga

I do not need any more vapes !! Have too many now. There are some reviews that claim the Pro hits like a TM. Like that attribute. My concern was the durability of the hinge. No matter - I don't need any more vapes.

WTF - I just used the Troy and Jerry discount and placed the order.

TeaCup

Is it safe to assume the power button on the side is the on demand button also. If so, how can that be comfortable seeing as the mouthpiece can only be used in one configuration. Really eyeing one of these, but damn that really seems to be a design flaw, no?

TeaCup,

Pukka

Sorry folks, I'm having a bit of an error communicating ... 🙃

Open lid on "top side" to pack bowl, close lid then flip device so lid is now on the "bottom side". The button is now on the opposite side that it was when you started (I believe that was the original goal).

TeaCup

(upside down) :tup:

But wouldn't that be the exact same configuration, upside down or right side up?? Am I being a total dolt here, lol?:shrug:

Edit: "The button is now on the opposite side that it was when you started"

Because the mouthpiece is flat and not circular means it can only go in your mouth one way. With the button on the side you have to twist your wrist in a completely (for me) uncomfortable way. If the button was on the top or bottom of the device like the FW7 you wouldn't have to twist your wrist nearly as much. Session mode solves this, but I don't want to use session mode.

Last edited:

greenpager

Today marks a transition, as illustrated in this gear shot (I'm new to image sharing and hopes this works): the old contents are circled in the upper right of pic; the new contents are front and center. I am ridiculously excited to know that the LP fits the case I used for the Fury Edge. Call it different strokes for different folks, but I never got comfy carrying the V3 Pro and that mattered as far as my habits and patterns.

The black tube contains the dynavap bb6 stem I regularly use with the FE. Note that the diameter of that tube is larger than the wax pad for the Legacy Pro. "Why mention this?" you may wonder. Call it my way of eagerly anticipating the release of ...
d o s i n g c a p s u l e s 😁 that I could load and transport right along with the device! Until then, I wait patiently ... and spread a cloth to catch sprinkles whenever I load/unload the device that has pushed the FE out of rotation.

Last edited:
greenpager,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Pukka

But wouldn't that be the exact same configuration, upside down or right side up?? Am I being a total dolt here, lol?:shrug:
No, dolt you arn't, confused you are.

If I look top down with the propeller emblem pointing up and the mouthpiece at 12 o'clock the activation button is at 3 o'clock. If I turn the device over so the emblem points down and the mouthpiece is still at 12 o'clock the activation button is now at 9 o'clock.

TeaCup

No, dolt you arn't, confused you are.
LOL. Thanks! I'll try and wrap my head around what you said.

Edit: Ok, figured it out, had to grab my Firewood just to make sure, lol. I was pretending to use it with my thumb on the fire button, which to me is super uncomfortable, but putting my index finger there helps alot. Funny, even though it's very close to how my wrist uses my FW7, just that extra bit my hand has to wrap around to get my finger to touch the button makes it not as comfortable as my Firewood. Plus I have smaller hands also which means I have to "stretch" just a wee bit farther. Unfortunately, I think that extra bit of stretching is gonna rule this vape out. Sorta comfortable, but not effortless enough for me.

Last edited:

kapows

HELP ME

Hi All

With two of my TM's and a Tafee all gone for repair, its 4am and im sat here trying to figure out what i should buy next. I swear i nearly reluctantly hit the trigger on a couple of devices (Lynx Gaia, Xmax Luxe, Arizer Air Max). But i needed something with a large chamber and boom, this thread turns up!

I hate maintenance and small bits. I want something that cleans easy, hits like the TM and has a clear airflow without any plastic or silicone.

So here are a few questions!

1. Is there silicone in the pathway/draw? I hear mention of silicone in play. Why do this?

2. I keep hearing the new batch will fix the teething issues so whens the new batch out and how will i know its the new batch?

3. Im in the UK, how can i get the latest batch shipped here?

4. Does the temp remain stable? Meaning if i set it to 190c, no matter how hard i pull, it'll always be at 190c?

5. Suitable to use with a bong? Are replacement parts easily accessible?

6. Is the device pretty much plug n play or does it require a lot of tinkering which i dont like.

7. Is the device pass through charging?

8. Can i remove the glass, add the TM Cu in there?

9. Looks a bit like a fatter firefly2+, the same/similar or nah?

10. As its made in China, anyone taken a look at the internals yet to see if it'll actually last and isnt held together by bloomin glue.

11. Will it get a bamboo mouthpiece like its relative?

12. Finally, is there an active discount code? Its too new to dish out TM money. Tm is well established, dont know if this chinese made product will last the year.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vahn84

Its worth it! I put down my TM for the Pro. Its just easier for me to use, and it provides effects just as well. With the discount it was hard to pass up.

is it comparable in terms of performance and flavor? being an hybrid heated vape...does it waste your material when not pulling (in on demand mode)?

Vahn84,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

is it comparable in terms of performance and flavor? being an hybrid heated vape...does it waste your material when not pulling (in on demand mode)?
You should be able to release the button before ending your inhalation, thereby cooling the heat chamber. (I don't have the device myself but I imagine it works with a button that's pushed in for/during taking the hit.)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Okla68

No...no Hot air is applied to the bowl unless the Button is pushed in On Demand mode !

Okla68,

im not a robot

so from what i can gather the microdosing disc does not work so well? it does not screw down deep enough? not sure i understand, sorry.
but how does the airvape perform when it comes to microdosing regardless of the disc? could anyone let me know what is a reasonable minimum to fill the chamber with?
with the eu-discount code in place, this one is getting a little harder to resist..

Pukka

HELP ME

Hi All

With two of my TM's and a Tafee all gone for repair, its 4am and im sat here trying to figure out what i should buy next. I swear i nearly reluctantly hit the trigger on a couple of devices (Lynx Gaia, Xmax Luxe, Arizer Air Max). But i needed something with a large chamber and boom, this thread turns up!

I hate maintenance and small bits. I want something that cleans easy, hits like the TM and has a clear airflow without any plastic or silicone.

So here are a few questions!

1. Is there silicone in the pathway/draw? I hear mention of silicone in play. Why do this?

2. I keep hearing the new batch will fix the teething issues so whens the new batch out and how will i know its the new batch?

3. Im in the UK, how can i get the latest batch shipped here?

4. Does the temp remain stable? Meaning if i set it to 190c, no matter how hard i pull, it'll always be at 190c?

5. Suitable to use with a bong? Are replacement parts easily accessible?

6. Is the device pretty much plug n play or does it require a lot of tinkering which i dont like.

7. Is the device pass through charging?

8. Can i remove the glass, add the TM Cu in there?

9. Looks a bit like a fatter firefly2+, the same/similar or nah?

10. As its made in China, anyone taken a look at the internals yet to see if it'll actually last and isnt held together by bloomin glue.

11. Will it get a bamboo mouthpiece like its relative?

12. Finally, is there an active discount code? Its too new to dish out TM money. Tm is well established, dont know if this chinese made product will last the year.

Thanks!
I'll take a pass at this:

1. Yes, I believe the fitment of the glass tube is silicon.
2. What problems? The only thing I'm aware of is the fit of the mouthpiece (see previous post). It's a manufacturing issue that really isn't an issue for most and is fixable with an email.
3. Airvape has an EU website for your pleasure 🙃.
4. It's a breath-centric vape, meaning you can use your rate of draw to regulate vapor production. Like the Sticky Brick, Ghost and most convection vapes. TLDR: No.
5. Yes, an adaptor (18/14/10mm stepped glass) is available along with bit's & pieces kits.
6. Other than the usual "figuring out the foibles" tinkering, all I did was watch their youTube video while I topped the battery.
7. No idea, but since the battery is replaceable why care 🙃. Pass-through charging kills batteries, I never use it on any device with replaceable cells.
8. Yes, glass is removable for cleaning. I don't know about the TM CU.
9. A bit longer and wider, looking down from the top, and about the same thickness.
10. Not yet. I offered up mine for filming if you want to replace it 😎
11. It fits just fine, you just need to change the silicon adaptor to the one on the existing mouthpiece.
12. Well, the TroyandJerry discount for the US expired last night, and I guess there's going to be an EU code for this coming weekend (see Gary-Airvape's post just above this within 5 posts).

so from what i can gather the microdosing disc does not work so well? it does not screw down deep enough? not sure i understand, sorry.
but how does the airvape perform when it comes to microdosing regardless of the disc? could anyone let me know what is a reasonable minimum to fill the chamber with?
with the eu-discount code in place, this one is getting a little harder to resist..
I've been just leaving it screwed all the way in because the bowl size is fine for me. However, eyeballing things with the help of an online metric ruler, it looks like there's a 2-3 mm range of movement. What I'd like to see is a two or three piece system of fixed md (1/2, 1/3, full) discs that you just screw on to resize the bowl like the Pax half and full pack lids.

Top Bottom