• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Haha i spent too much time in the Hip-Hop thread today :)) !
The return of the master @vtac

Once you were lost but now you are found
welcome back to the vaporizer underground.
The master traveled to the belly of the beast
fought a long battle but managed to persist.
It was damn bloody and hard but our man aint a slacker
he came back trough like a true o.g. combustion fucker.
Cheers my friends , the ancient dojo is going to survive,
the legacy is safe and our techniques can forever thrive.

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

Is it just me? When you were on the old forum and you clicked a thread even if you read all the posts it would still take you to the lost recent post. Not start you back off at the beginning of the thread. I notice NFC does not do this.

Abysmal Vapor

One thing i noticed is that you have to click one by one or mark read all to dismiss all notifications,while a simple view on the list was enough to remove the alert on the old one :D.
But i cant really tell the difference between what's new and the new posts field..,other than that the new post field has more pages.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Is it just me? When you were on the old forum and you clicked a thread even if you read all the posts it would still take you to the lost recent post. Not start you back off at the beginning of the thread. I notice NFC does not do this.

I really prefer it that way but do you notice that if you click on a thread that you're already current on it starts you at page one, that's a bit of a pain. I like to read everything I've missed then see if I want to go back and post something, trying to get int the habit of clicking the link under the name of the last person to post instead of the thread title

MGG

So can we confirm if the old threads are going to be merged? If we cannot merge then we should just go back to the old site... seriously. It has years of data where this just has a month or two.

Try and just merge whats on this new site with the old one.

Also hope there's a backup admin next time vtac goes missing.

Unfortunate timing considering new servers and everything was built and threads locked. but I suppose its for the best.

ginolicious

Yeah the old site has changed. And been updated. That’s for sure. This is all getting way too confusing for me. It’s like I’m having the same conversation in two different places.

dazed_vaper

Welcome to the NewFuckCombustion Lifeboat.

This forum has been created in anticipation of the demise of our beloved forum FuckCombustion.

As many members know, vtac, the founder and sole administrator of FC, has been absent for many months—since April 14, 2018 to be exact. Unfortunately, he did not leave anyone with enough power to perform several important administrative tasks. This situation has slowly deteriorated to the point where we felt we either had to abandon the site and the community, or take drastic action. We therefore built a lifeboat.

These are the problems FC is facing:
  • The owner and administrator hasn’t been heard from for over two years.
  • The domain is registered only until October 26, 2020. We don't know if it will be renewed. We expect that it won't.
  • Hosting service renewal is anyone’s guess, although it is likely tied to domain renewal.
  • The forum software hasn’t been updated since vtac left and the current version is no longer supported.
  • We are unable to update critical parts of FC without an admin (maintain rules, add/remove staff, assign members to groups such as Retailer, etc.)
  • The database is showing increasing signs of instability. This is not yet apparent to members but quite noticeable to moderators.
  • We do not know if the database is backed up, and even if it is, we don't have the access needed to restore a backup.
  • The daily bombardment of spammers is maddening and difficult to manage. We lack the ability to strengthen the registration procedure.
  • FC does not support SSL (https).
All attempts to contact vtac have failed. If FC goes offline for any reason, this community ceases to exist. With reluctance, we have bought a new domain and purchased the latest version of the forum software. We are building a new forum that fixes the problems. We are striving for a familiar look but with the many enhancements that come with the latest software. There will be differences but we hope they will be positive.

One difference is sponsorship. While FC has several sponsors and we know some of them would gladly provide financial support, we do not have sponsors and we are not looking for sponsors.

Meanwhile, we will try to get everyone moved over to the new FC as best we can. This will not be easy and we will have to leave behind much of the vast knowledge base that has built up at FC. We can only keep our fingers crossed that it does not disappear, but realistically, that is the most likely outcome. There have been efforts by some valued members of the FC community to back up the content, but at present we do not know how to integrate this into NewFC. If we can, we will try to make this available in some form.

For now, this is the only active thread. We will open the forum to new threads once members begin moving over, but for now please look around and post your reactions here.

Thanks for reading this, and let's all try to make the best of our new home.

Stu & pakalolo

Edit: We've started to open up some of the sub-forums. Also, there are some rules differences from FC, so please make sure that you review our rules and policies.

Congrats on the new platform, first time joining on either platform. Keep up the hard work!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
They have upgraded the software and added SSL (security) to FC. I don't know if that is anticipation of trying to merge the sites, or just to modernize FC for more comfortable and safe use going forward. I suspect the former, but we shall see what we shall see. Either way they are putting a lot of work into our playgrounds and I appreciate that.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I need a little more help please. I use a chromebook and I'm having trouble with the slide scroll on the right side of the screen. On the old FC it's bright, you can see it easily and it doesn't disappear. I need to find the settings for this new site. I can't fucking scroll and it's driving me mashugana.

@pakalolo, you had made some adjustment to add the side scroll to the NewFC permenantly and it is wonderful here. Can this be done on the new-old site too?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
@BabyFacedFinster, I don't think adding the Styles will happen before the merger - or any of the little refinements like the new missing reaction smilies. I would think they are too busy preparing. Besides those smilies, I am looking forward to the blue font being enabled.

Summer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo, you had made some adjustment to add the side scroll to the NewFC permenantly and it is wonderful here. Can this be done on the new-old site too?

@BabyFacedFinster, I don't think adding the Styles will happen before the merger - or any of the little refinements like the new missing reaction smilies. I would think they are too busy preparing. Besides those smilies, I am looking forward to the blue font being enabled.

These questions should be directed to @vtac on OG FC. While I'm happy to make such changes, FC is his baby and style sheet modifications are up to him.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Worlds have officially collided.
I didn't think it was possible for the two to exist in the same universe...yet here we are...

It may look like a round trip to nowhere but we have actually traveled farther than we otherwise would or could have, and so
Thank you @Stu and @pakalolo for the ride, for putting up with me and letting me tag along.

vapviking,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
this all seems like a faded memory now...

Long live FC!
hooray-gif.gif

Abysmal Vapor

I will always remember it as a test of faith to all true combustion fuckers :D ! FC 4 Life !
As much as i miss my early FC days and all the cool dudes that got lost in time or abandoned ship, i must say that the current state of the forum is the greatest ever .We got a lot of awesome contributors and part taking manufacturers and retailers ,also some kick ass FC niche vapes were developed on board, the spirit of FC is more alive then ever and i am glad to be on board !

Top Bottom