• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

710 coils

biohacker

What are the pros/cons with inserts and regular 710coils bangers and the deep dish? For those that switched to the deep dish, are you satisfied?

The reason i'm asking is because I presently have the regular style, and they're great, the inserts that I use are 19mm tall and sit 2-3mm below the hole, which I figure allows for the most efficiency (I guess right at the hole might be even better). However my Quartz Pi cap snouts dip into the inserts, and i'm not sure how I feel about this.

What do you guys think in terms of performance? Is it better to manipulate the oil with the cap outside of the insert, or plunged into it? I'm thinking of going deep dish just so I don't have to be mindful of knocking around the inside of the insert, but curious if there would be any disadvantages?

Just my evening stoner thoughts as I think about what to buy next..

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker The deep dish are 6mm deeper and this is the same thickness of the puck on the bottom of the bangers. I would think you would enjoy the extra depth so your ball cap has plenty of room between it and the insert. They also help with reclaim being blown into the neck =)

I prefer the deep dish over the standard purely for the reduced reclaim

@ivthatshatter You can use a small gauge wire. But the clips are much easier to use and to remove and put back on.

But if you needed to go backwoods on it. The wire will work =P

ivthatshatter

After receiving the merchandise from 710 and trying the clips out I will say they work god damn great!! I was turned off by the silicone but its growing on my as a grippy texture.

I am really liking this setup. I am officially an enail user now and will rarely pick up the torch. I feel like it is cheating now.

biohacker

I prefer the deep dish over the standard purely for the reduced reclaim

Totally THIS!

Can you guys expand on this? Reclaim isn't something that's ever an issue for me so i'm having trouble understanding why. I mean I guess eventually the neck gets some condensate, so how would that be less likely to occur? The only real reclaim I see is some condensate boogers on the front of my glass, but I assume that's just due to the water.

Looks like i'm going deep dish!

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker Ball and flat caps pull air downward into the banger and this will always cause the dab to want to go upward towards the neck since this is where the air is being pulled out from. The deeper banger helps combat this and the main thing to be looking for. Is a cap that does not introduce more air than needed. Most caps that spin or create some sort of vortex of air need to allow more air than preferred. The biggest thing I see watching insert dabs is the amount of air being added is what is causing the mess. This is why most of these videos that are successful are on the hot side as this is the only real way to bring balance back to the dab. So they are coming in hotter than needed since the cap they use is introducing more air than needed.

Hope everyone is having a great day and make sure to enter my 10k follower giveaway on instagram. It has 3 glass rigs and a terp kooler as some of the items that you could win =)

http://instagr.am/p/CFLVNSWMnGp/
Shane

DVision44

Has anyone with a Disorderly Conduction enail controller experienced heating issues? At times mine is heating up to over 800 F. The display will flash between my set temp and the current temp of 800+ and the coil is glowing. Seems pretty dangerous as it's happening randomly.

DVision44,
Reactions: LesPlenty

biohacker

Has anyone with a Disorderly Conduction enail controller experienced heating issues? At times mine is heating up to over 800 F. The display will flash between my set temp and the current temp of 800+ and the coil is glowing. Seems pretty dangerous as it's happening randomly.

That's really weird! I have never experienced that, but I did notice a really weird phenomenon one time where it just started climbing and then stopped, and went back down. It's not like I was taking dabs either, and it was already at temp. Maybe these controllers aren't as solid as I thought.

biohacker,
Reactions: LesPlenty

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker thats a bit of a leap to state they are not solid units and I always stand behind all the gear I sell. There was a batch of controllers that had issues randomly and I have been replacing them as they surfaced.
So far I think almost all have been addressed and the people are back to normal

hope everyone is having a great day

shane

biohacker

@biohacker thats a bit of a leap to state they are not solid units and I always stand behind all the gear I sell. There was a batch of controllers that had issues randomly and I have been replacing them as they surfaced.

You're right, I just have unrealistic standards and no electronics are immune to failure. I just personally would go for an Auberins or Maxvapor next time. Thanks for reaching out in PM! You definitely do stand behind your products 100!

710Coils

Manufacturer
Just added dual controllers to the site for anyone looking to run more than one setup at a time =) Also have another round of damascus steel dab swords landing and they have been selling pretty quickly, so do not miss out if your interested =)

Our 10k follower giveaway is getting close to being over, so do not hesitate to enter before we end it on the 15th

Hope everyone is staying safe and elevated

Shane

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Just added dual controllers to the site for anyone looking to run more than one setup at a time =) Also have another round of damascus steel dab swords landing and they have been selling pretty quickly, so do not miss out if your interested =)

Our 10k follower giveaway is getting close to being over, so do not hesitate to enter before we end it on the 15th

Shane
Very cool with that octo-logo on top!

710yota,
Reactions: 710Coils

MuushuPork

Hey all, just realized my ruby insert is cracked. Still seems to work, but I was wondering if there is any reason not to use a cracked insert? Also, I am thinking of downsizing from 30mm banger and insert and was wondering if anyone has experience using both and could say what the differences are? I am assuming less air intake and more vapor but have no clue. Thanks!

710Coils

Manufacturer
@MuushuPork Mt buddy had a cracked insert he used for a solid 2 months before the crack grew enough to split the insert.
You should be fine using it and if it does break. There isn't anything to worry about.
Many will go with the 25mm over the 30 purely for the size of dabs they do and the 25mm is a better fit for many.

If you are looking to get a 25mm setup. Shoot me a message and I will get you taken care of =)

Shane

wolf torn

Auber RDK-300 no adjustments need to be made going from a 25mm to a 30mm right? I might just need to increase temp on unit to get same temp at coil?

Anyone else notice the temp rising from cold start is correct until around 300 degrees. The temp starts to sway from what Auber unit says vs actual temp going up from there?

I also noticed cool down temps are incorrect at lower temps. I'll turn unit off and have it set to remove "hot" warning at 120 degrees because its actually almost cool to touch at that point around 80-85 degrees.

OTH-40 - This is the setting you will want to change from 40 to 67 for all 150watt coils.

To clarify this setting should always be 67 right? My unit came default as 100 so was a little confusing. I also nnoticed at least one person on this thread that didn't adjust this setting.

@710Coils Bravo my guy. This has been the best dab experience of my life. I'm just trying to dial things in I don't need the temp to be exact I already know my sweet spot around 485 degrees on the Auber. WOW!

710Coils

Manufacturer
@wolf torn Most controllers are 40 to 150 degrees off of what the true temp is. So some controllers will show a set temp of 540 and the dish measured temp is actually more around 420 degrees. The closest to actual set temp I have found are the Disorderly conduction controllers as they are about 40 degrees off.
The OTH setting is not critical as all it is doing is allowing the controller to utilize the extra 50 watts my coils are rated for. This will help the unit hold the temp better as you are using it, but is not going to mess up your dab game if it is not set =)

I recommend people think of their enails as an experience and not a specific temp. I have several different controllers to test and I always set the temps to what feels the best on the back of my throat while also producing a decent amount of vapor.

The 10k giveaway on Instagram ends later today so do not forget to enter as it is a stupid amount of gear that someone will win =)

Shane

tharealmclovin

Looking for opinions.

I currently have a 25mm deep dish banger, quartz insert, and pi ball cap. It is time to replace it. I am going to get the 25mm deep dish banger again, but see several new options for inserts and pearls.

Which insert does everyone prefer and why? Quartz, quartz slitted, quartz splash guard, clear quartz, opaque quartz, ruby, or SIC?

What pearls are recommended? Quartz, Ruby, SIC? 6mm or 8mm?

Thanks for any input.

Top Bottom