• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

510 Powered Induction Heater?

raisn9

Does anyone know if it's possible to power a induction Heater via an Boxmod? Like just using it as the power source in a build? Sorry if this question is dumb i'm not very keen on electronics or other stuff like that. I'm just thinking about building a heater and this came to mind for a easy portable solution.

raisn9,

AcidFlashbang

While it is possible it doesnt seem like a great idea. The circuit board would still have to be large even if it got its power from the 510 connection.

AcidFlashbang,

raisn9

While it is possible it doesnt seem like a great idea. The circuit board would still have to be large even if it got its power from the 510 connection.
But it would still workj when housed in a normal housing like other ih's are? How would i go about connecting the ih to the 510 connector?

raisn9,

AcidFlashbang

But it would still workj when housed in a normal housing like other ih's are? How would i go about connecting the ih to the 510 connector?
Just solder the wires to a 510 connector instead of the power supply adapter that is reccomended. What do you hope to gain by using a 510 connector other than the ability to be powered by mods? That just shifts the burden of batteries to another device.

AcidFlashbang,

raisn9

Just solder the wires to a 510 connector instead of the power supply adapter that is reccomended. What do you hope to gain by using a 510 connector other than the ability to be powered by mods? That just shifts the burden of batteries to another device.
nothing much to gain it's just that i have a mod lying around which gets no use. I thought i could recycle that for this build.

raisn9,

AcidFlashbang

nothing much to gain it's just that i have a mod lying around which gets no use. I thought i could recycle that for this build.
Im not sure a mod is right for this anyway unless it's unregulated. It just seems like a solution in search of a problem.

AcidFlashbang,

raisn9

Im not sure a mod is right for this anyway unless it's unregulated. It just seems like a solution in search of a problem.
okay good, then i'll just build a normal ih for now and will look into battery powered ones at a later point. Thanks for the insight :)

raisn9,
Top Bottom