Discontinued Zion vaporizer

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I genuinely think that you guys won't be disappointed.

I mean we all have different tastes, and I for one am reknown to like controversial vapes like the FM5-S (controversial in the sense that it doesn't make everyone unanimous at all) and I tend to be a laidback low-temp sipper-whore, so I'm not overly representative of the iron lungs club crowd.

But with the Zion, besides having to admit it's often too strong for me, I know that the entire Z-team stand behind me to back my claims. And boy do we have the entire spectrum covered, with seriously heavy rippers on one hand and lighter sippers like @pakalolo and me on the other.

And it's simple: none of us is not completely pleased and delighted by the Zion!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I am not as good with pictures as some of these guys but planning on shooting a video with first impressions tomorrow and of course, a demo of it in use.
Where is this video??? I'm over here on the edge of my seat!

I hate to admit it, but all this waiting for the Zion almost has me about to buy another up and coming vape, just to fill the void this anticipation this release is leaving me with...not a bad driving me crazy type of anticipation.

But the smell something delicious cooking in the next room and can't wait to taste type anticipation.

Knowing I missed the preorder window and knowing I have to wait for everyone else before I can even put my bid in makes me want a 'snack'

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Didn't get access to the HD Camera like I had hoped (yet), but shot a few cell phone videos. I also changed my youtube account, and will post all future vaporizer videos to my new account. Sorry for the shit quality, better videos to come.

Zion Vape Intro

Zion Vape Quick in Use Video

Old TOD Unregulated Video

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I genuinely think that you guys won't be disappointed.

I mean we all have different tastes, and I for one am reknown to like controversial vapes like the FM5-S (controversial in the sense that it doesn't make everyone unanimous at all) and I tend to be a laidback low-temp sipper-whore, so I'm not overly representative of the iron lungs club crowd.

But with the Zion, besides having to admit it's often too strong for me, I know that the entire Z-team stand behind me to back my claims. And boy do we have the entire spectrum covered, with seriously heavy rippers on one hand and lighter sippers like @pakalolo and me on the other.

And it's simple: none of us is not completely pleased and delighted by the Zion!

Yes and everything in between! I feel like I am the most diverse in my Zion useage, quick rips, slow sips, low temp golden brown avb flavor country, high temp black full extraction, temp stepping sessions, on demand big hits, tiny loads big loads, fine grind course grind, its just so.... what was the word I used here before?

Oh yeah, VERSATILE!

Zion is just such an effortlessly versatile beast of a portable vaporizer its hard to say much else on the subject for me lately...

Shit Snacks

2nd video added above and here. More to come.

Edit. Messed something up sorry. Uploading again.

In use Video

Nice video Krazy! That Zion looks gorgeous, the grain on the back top like a v, dark hue too. I forgot about using another basket screen to hold the hemp fiber in place, seems like it doesn't affect vapor production! I need to try

And yeah just for everyone else in general, I find it better to insert the stem with the Zion upside down, and for removing especially, so that way no herb or avb spills into the bowl when you insert or remove the stem.

DocGonzo

Do you hold the Zion upside down between hits, Shit Snacks? Does it only tend to fall down into the lower part when you're inserting and removing the stem?

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@DocGonzo it takes some time getting used to at first. You need to tip the Zion at a slight angle when loading it. Once in place the draw suction tends to keep the load in place. Mostly what seems to drop is the heavier stem pieces. If a load does drop on the heater screen just simply draw it back up in the load chamber with a brisk draw. Some bits do get down on the outer edges of the heater screen but are easily cleaned out with the stir stick if it bothers you. I tend to just leave what I can't low out.... Did I mention I just emailed customer number one to ask for an updated address? Didn't have to ask if he needed anything because he is getting everything :).

Now on to customer number 2... And three...and...

Shit Snacks

Do you hold the Zion upside down between hits, Shit Snacks? Does it only tend to fall down into the lower part when you're inserting and removing the stem?

Na, if you suck up the herb like a straw it holds pretty good, and then after one hit with heat it is firm until/unless you stir it. I've tested it, I just like to be extra cautious to keep my lower screen clear. Especially with a small load in a basket, it holds very well like a log vape. Even with a full bowl close to the glass brim it gets compacted and shrinks with heat as it vaporizers. Also the heater screen system is uber robust, zero chance of anything falling through to the heater, and should be easy to clean with an iso qtip need be. It's not like a Solo/Air where stuff falls out and onto the heater, or even a Firefly where stuff gets stuck underneath near the heater, and its much more than what log vapes and LSV have for their screens, which this system is more like anyway

killick

But I like it!
So guess who has 2 thumbs and is awaiting ZION NUMBER 3, with a 'should be shipping middle end of this week'. Is that a long way of not totally committing to a Thursday shipping date? I really couldn't give a rats patootie when it gets here, because the anticipation has been such a fun thing. This whole thread, outside of a few days of quibbling over nothing, has been a total blast.

I kinda feel like when I was 5 and got a secret decoder ring with my brand new Buster Brown shoes when I was like 4, or just shortly after my first overdose on pharma. I'll probably feel like that once it actually shows up... Not that I'll be driving the 20 minutes to the mailbox twice a day, starting this evening... so thanks for that RBT... As I once heard someone say in the Navy a billion years ago 'I'm so excited I don't know whether to say 'Shit' or write my name on the wall in capital letters'...

So glass - you Beta Boyz have been sharing great info, but I didn't take notes - whats the short list of things Zion 3 should have in his bag O goodies? Besides some art, that is...

'the waiting is the hardest part'... David Bowie

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Congratulations @killick! Youve been here a long time too, exciting that your one of the first.

You should be getting two glass stems at least (one short one long) and several screens (which can go in two ways), battery wise should be good to go if you ordered em but the initial charging wait will be brutal! I don't know what other kind of goodies RBT might throw in for you (I don't even know if a printed start guide is ready yet even)

It would also be a good idea to have one of the glass blowers here or a local one make some long male to male 18mm adapters with a US (7/8inch long) joint on one side for the Zion. That way you can easily use Zion with water, then its also easy to leave the stem and load in the bubbler using the Zion inverted separately for each hit. I have some being made that I will share soon I hope...

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Oh @killick! Who's a lucky boy eh?

You see, positivity pays off ;)

Sweet.

I think I'm almost as excited as you to hear your thoughts on it.

Now, I just thought that I'd chime in on the loading of stems & falling material etc. Because, of course I'm doing things slightly differently :rolleyes: in that I hardly ever invert my Zion and place it onto the stem - I nearly always vacuum load my stems & very lightly tamp it with my finger, and then place it in the Zion. And that's all it takes. Surprisingly the load pretty much stays put, and the only time a few bits might fall out is after a stir, if it is required. And even then it doesn't really matter because everytime you draw on the device any loose matter is sucked back up into the stem where it belongs.

Then when you're finished, you can obviously easily empty the stem, and you can also upend the Zion & tip out any remaining loose particulate. Again, it has been on a very rare occasion where I have found the need to use a pokey tool to gently dislodge any remain matter from inside the Zion bowl.

I've had my beta version Zion since July 7th, & I have had no problems with any of the screens used in the device, & I have never had to clean the integrated screen which is fixed inside the female joint of the Zion bowl just above the heater. It all still looks very clean & it is completely free flowing after more than 6 months of fairly heavy, daily use.

I think the chances are that you're all going to have a lot of fun getting up close & personal with with your very own chunk of Zion tek :tup:

photo-main.jpg

Zion - The Uprising.

Next stop: Vapor Central.

Keep it locked y'all.

:peace:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah you said it better than I would, but I love how little maintainance this device needs. Basically you just have to take care of your glass stems and their screens, and that's it there's nothing else to clean.... and well, nurture your battery packs too, but that's another story!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@killick you have been a great supporter and at times the voice of reason. Thanks for helping to keep the killer vibe here... And ya know what is hands down the happiest part of this thread, VnVs great pics. You can will win a FREE ZION at @VegNVape super fun picture contest.

@VegNVape can you give a quick contest update? Can new people still join? Btw I so love that pic of Johnny dressed up for Xmas. Your pics so kept my spirits up through all this. I'll be sure to hand pick the perfect photogenic production unit for you. Maybe after you finish the contest you can pick some of your favorite pictures for the RBT www?

Last edited:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
So over the weekend we held a Dabbchelor party for our friend @DieHard with great success I might add. Can't remember how many strains of flower&shatter but I know it was quite a few.
The reason why I'm sharing this here is because Loki was at the party and rarely out of my hand. Lol. Only to show to other future Zionite's...
Until tragedy happened while the batts were being changed it was a very sad moment.
But has built the anticipation even higher this was the second time with Loki. And we were getting to know one another.Quite well
All I can say is the THE FLAVOR OH MY & THE VAPOR WoooHoooo!!!!!!
Man I cant wait.
RIP LOKI YOU WILL LIVE TO VAPE ANOTHER DAY...

Last edited:
Top Bottom