Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Don't leave us hanging! What happened?
We were all pretty vaked but the best we can come up with is while DieHard was smacking the batts out kinda like u do a remote. He noticed the glass female joint on Loki was cracked. Probably still useable by some but Nahhh she'll go in for repairs and maybe upgrades.
Only @RastaBuddhaTao knows that answer
From what I was told production models have cut outs to grab batts so this wont happen.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
We were all pretty vaked but the best we can come up with is while DieHard was smacking the batts out kinda like u do a remote. He noticed the glass female joint on Loki was cracked. Probably still useable by some but Nahhh she'll go in for repairs and maybe upgrades.
Only @RastaBuddhaTao knows that answer
From what I was told production models have cut outs to grab batts so this wont happen.

Thanks. As you know, I already knew what happened but I felt it was important to explain here so that people would understand that this shouldn't be a concern for new or potential owners.

Edit: I know for sure that it is repairable and you will get Loki back in top shape. If you ask nicely, maybe @RastaBuddhaTao will even add the cutouts for you!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Thanks. As you know, I already knew what happened but I felt it was important to explain here so that people would understand that this shouldn't be a concern for new or potential owners.

Edit: I know for sure that it is repairable and you will get Loki back in top shape. If you ask nicely, maybe @RastaBuddhaTao will even add the cutouts for you!
I'm happy to hear @DieHard will be getting Loki back and probably with a playmate. Me I pleasantly await my Email from rbt. CANT WAIT
I feel a little special being I'm not a beta tester and still get to play with Zion even if only for a bit.
Am I the only one who knows a zion tester?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm happy to hear @DieHard will be getting Loki back and probably with a playmate. Me I pleasantly await my Email from rbt. CANT WAIT
I feel a little special being I'm not a beta tester and still get to play with Zion even if only for a bit.
Am I the only one who knows a zion tester?

:doh: I confused you with @DieHard! Sorry about that.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The RBT store is back online. Those who submitted a request on the www to be on the waiting list will take priority. Please note we will now be supplying batteries with every unit to ensure proper battery safety. RBT strongly encourages the use of a digital charger or volt meter to ensure proper battery health is maintained. With great power comes great responsibility :)

slatihe

So, RBT.... When you releasing more into the wild? Are you releasing all the lifetime ones next? Or just another small batch?

Thanks.

ZC

I'm on the fence in terms of getting in line for a preorder now or just waiting for production to catch up.

I'm pretty tired of waiting for preorders but to me the Zion is the most appealing portable out there right now.

Edit: I haven't seen it anywhere, at least not in a while, is there a number of current preorders? It'd be nice to know what kind of line I'd be getting into. I saw the plan to batch build 200 units, but are all of those units already sold or does that leave room for new customers as well?

Last edited:

slatihe

Thanks, how ever it want very specific as to answering my question....

Just says 3 going out nowish, more going out to initial customers, and notices to initial customers.

Not very specific with the numbers nor timeline.

Just feeling antsy.

HD Springer

Oh my what a beautiful day. It's today January 1- well who cares what the date is its Zion days bitches.
Marilyn is killing it. Seriously she runs like a locomotive. My biggest issue I'm having is self control. I tell myself lay off the power,enjoy the flavor that this vaporizer can deliver. But I know the effects my body gets from gripping and ripping the hell out of it. Still receive the great flavor just get less hits per load.
Congrats RBT on the awesome news.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks, how ever it want very specific as to answering my question....

Just says 3 going out nowish, more going out to initial customers, and notices to initial customers.

Not very specific with the numbers nor timeline.

Just feeling antsy.

I do not believe there to be any more specifity possible, doesn't want to risk dealing with missed timelines again since its still pretty open ended i think. Even though the design is locked in, enhanced with production fit and finish, until a more steady scaled up production gets going a real timeline far in advance seems to be too rough of and estimate to provide as it could get pushed a bit

And for anyone considering a pre order now, be aware that this is the case, it is still kind of an open ended product launch. You could of course just wait, but this will reserve a place in line while its still well under 100 as far as I know. It also gives your money to support RBT so he can have more time and funds to help scale up production quicker (and maybe provide more freedom for him to develop the single battery unit too)

Yeah @HD Springer I usually take it slow, taking many flavorful hits with surprisingly dense clouds despite the avb, starting low and riding it as much as possible, sometimes temp stepping the dial, all depending on the strain. However I also do enjoy the quick rips higher on the dial (best way to think of it is below 50% cooler/slower and above 50% hotter/faster), best done with a long stem and a basket style screen imo. Really the upper dial is best through water for me, massively dense cloudy hits in seconds to fill a chamber and oh so smooth... Ah can't wait for my adapters!

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
Man - you guys are killing me. I'm still maybe 2 days from shipping and feel like my head is going to unscrew itself. In a good way of course :)

Re batteries - this reminds me that I don't have any vapes that require a battery change, and the only one I *did* have could stay in the unit to recharge. I did pick up an XTAR VC4 for charging. Is there anything a total n00b needs to know about battery care and feeding? I'd really hate to have one blow up in my face, or watching it melt and dribble out the bottom of the box, into a puddle of sadness...

My 83 year old former neighbor explaining why he keeps his LiFePo batteries in metal ammunition cans when he stores them is what makes me ask...

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@killick you have been a great supporter and at times the voice of reason. Thanks for helping to keep the killer vibe here... And ya know what is hands down the happiest part of this thread, VnVs great pics. You can will win a FREE ZION at @VegNVape super fun picture contest.

@VegNVape can you give a quick contest update? Can new people still join? Btw I so love that pic of Johnny dressed up for Xmas. Your pics so kept my spirits up through all this. I'll be sure to hand pick the perfect photogenic production unit for you. Maybe after you finish the contest you can pick some of your favorite pictures for the RBT www?
Ahh good sir, thank you for your tremendously kind words! I am really so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed checking out my photos over the past few months, & if sometimes they have somehow helped to brighten up your day - then all the better! :)

You are welcome to any of the pics for what ever purpose you wish - if it wasn't for you they wouldn't even exist. And if you would like me to pick some out then I would of course be more than happy to do so.

And you know that I'm looking forward to laying my hands on a beautiful production version of the Zion, and taking some gorgeously gratuitous shots of course! :brow:

Whatever you send my way RBT, I am pretty confident that I will be falling in love all over again :luv:
But at the same time, I'm certainly happy to wait it out a while longer to allow others the opportunity to experience this hunky chunky funky piece of disruptive-tek :spidey: After all, I am lucky enough to have the goode Johnny-Z to snuggle up to & keep me warm on these long, cold winter nights.

O.k, now on to the contest - yes it is STILL running! Longer than I had originally intended but hey, as we all know, you can't rush a good thing ;)

And there are a few more rounds of the hunt yet to go, so if anyone else feels like hopping onboard there is still everything to play for! The clues start on page one of the contest thread & if you get stuck or are unsure of anything then please just holla!

I will do my best to guide you, so please don't be afraid :myday:

You do wan't a Zion, don't you?
(You know how to whistle don't you?
You just put your lips together . . . and blow :ko:)

It's ZionTime :nod:

Ew, I nearly forgot - here, have a contest link:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vnvs-rbt-zion-mystery-object-photo-hunt.19691/

NOW JOIN USSSSSSSSSSSSS ! ! !
smilingskull.gif

:D

PeaceLoveUnityRespect.
:peace:

slatihe

I do not believe there to be any more specifity possible, doesn't want to risk dealing with missed timelines again since its still pretty open ended i think. Even though the design is locked in, enhanced with production fit and finish, until a more steady scaled up production gets going a real timeline far in advance seems to be too rough of and estimate to provide as it could get pushed a bit

And for anyone considering a pre order now, be aware that this is the case, it is still kind of an open ended product launch. You could of course just wait, but this will reserve a place in line while its still well under 100 as far as I know. It also gives your money to support RBT so he can have more time and funds to help scale up production quicker (and maybe provide more freedom for him to develop the single battery unit too)

Yeah @HD Springer I usually take it slow, taking many flavorful hits with surprisingly dense clouds despite the avb, starting low and riding it as much as possible, sometimes temp stepping the dial, all depending on the strain. However I also do enjoy the quick rips higher on the dial (best way to think of it is below 50% cooler/slower and above 50% hotter/faster), best done with a long stem and a basket style screen imo. Really the upper dial is best through water for me, massively dense cloudy hits in seconds to fill a chamber and oh so smooth... Ah can't wait for my adapters!

Your being lil ridiculous.

I'm sorry but, but something like "After these 3 have had a week or two to evaluate x more will be sent for x time evaluation then well see.."

Or what ever the plan and current out look currently is...

I don't remember asking "Upon what date and time exactly will I have my life time warrantied zion in my hand"?

Not asking any where near that much info. Just a soft guess in when the next step or maybe two if we're lucky and what those might be.

Guess @RastaBuddhaTao spoiled too much before, ehh?

slatihe,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Unrealistic expectations caused by unrealistic release plans or disingenuous progress reports are all issues that are well worth avoiding, and I'd definitely rather enjoy the kind of approach that RBT is employing in this thread than the cycle of hope and disappointment that I'm 'enjoying' with other products that I've pre-ordered :rant:

RBT is being very open re' plans, progress and projections isn't he?
I can understand him being reluctant to make predictions which could easily be re-interpreted as promises when plans fail to survive contact with the enemy (the enemy here being circumstance, parts and materials supply etc, not customers :o)

I get the impression good progress is being made, don't you?
It still feels like a fairly speedy product development/release curve to me.
I also get the impression that the wait will be very worth it.
:2c: :peace:

It was good to see the TOD next to the Zion.
Now that I can see just how small it is I think that's what I'm setting my sights on next.
Sure, it's a long way off, but think of all the happy hours of anticipation I'll get to enjoy between now and then! ;)
(and I get the chance to save for it!)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@killick and any one else who is unsure about the Zion battery situation.
It's been discussed previously about running a pair of 18650's in series and IMO it can't be discussed enough especially for the 'n00b' and I see no harm in a little reminders for all users.
You should receive the batteries in a plastic case I strongly urge it's use.
At no time should these batteries be thrown into a bag or pocket where they may short circuit thru a bunch of keys or loose change.

The XTAR is a good charger and the digital display keeps you informed on the state of charge. As RBT mentioned a multi/voltmeter is a handy thing if anyone owns a charger without a display.
If you own more than one pair then mark them as pairs. Heat shrink sleeve available in a variety of colors or a permanent marker are both options so you know which battery goes with which.

They should always be used and charged as a matched pair. It is recommended that they are used and charged in rotation in both the charger and your Zion.
For example if you mark each cell individually then battery number one should be placed in slot one then slot two when next charged/used. This will help to keep you safe and also extend the overall battery life.

There is nothing to fear about Li-ion batteries they just need to be treated with respect.
Once you have used them for a while it will become second nature. Even when highly medicated.
The only thing I've found which sometimes isn't learned as quickly is putting the damn things in the charger and switching it on. Luckily a back up pair coupled with the embarrassment of running out of power when showing off your new toy to friends will help.

@TheDudeNextDoor started a thread dedicated to battery safety maybe it would be worth putting said thread somewhere on the site where it is more easily found. Perhaps in with the new resources.
@pakalolo what do you think? That way the info is on the main page of the site and it gives people the option to discuss chargers and batteries other than on the thread itself.

@killick really looking forward to hearing from you when your new block of maple arrives. If it was me I would have set up an early warning system in my post box. Perhaps a laser break beam or a shotgun trip wires type affair. Saves the twice daily run. Enjoy.

Sorry to waffle on but just an after thought. The FC community by and large is fantastic. The Zion thread has a great bunch of people on it and no one wants to see anyone fail. If any body is in doubt about anything to do with the safe running of their new Zion then please don't be too proud to ask for advice no matter how stupid the question may seem. We are all here to help each other get the best out of what is turning out to be a fantastic device.

Last edited:
Top Bottom