Discontinued Zion vaporizer

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Seeing that line up of what looks to be completed units has my excitement exceeding it's limits.

19 LOADS! Oh my GAWWDD!!:whoa::whoa::whoa:

That's plenty! I don't think I'd go through 20 nano gong's on a day off!

That exhale just before the 4 minute mark it's just lovely! You can see he's even having a hard time talking afterwards, LOVE IT! :lmao:

Thanks for being a great guinea pig for us Mr. Peanut, looks to be paying off QUITE well :clap::tup::rockon:

Thanks All! Here is the first of three vids...

This is the preferred method of temperature stepping the Zion created by @MrPeanut that yielded his now infamous 19 loads on a set of fully charged batteries. This will be what is on the manual for how to use a Zion.

Having informative use videos will be super handy for all us Zion virgins when we get our first wood ;)
Thanks for coming out the door with an instructional, so the thread won't be an avalanche of the same questions over and over. Some vape companies seem to not want the consumer to know how to operate the device; so nice to see that your policy of transparency permeates beyond development :)

killick

But I like it!
So I'm watching the last vid, sucking on HI, when RBT started chorkling and made some herb land on my desk... Which made me wonder where the herb from 3bie will go when I start chorkling at the screen, as seems to happen every now and again...

So #1 is in your hand, making #3, just a bit off to the left? Number 3 has been on youtube! I'm famous, in the same way that most hollywood slebs are famous - something someone else did... So if'n you email me I'll email you back, and you can save my email address as a sort-of replacement for an autograph, which will be worth something some day. If you print it you can use it to start your woodstove, and if you have ever run out of paper before you know how much it's worth... Cept for you southerners who cook on hot sidewalks and such...

Re ^^, I *think* I'm still on-topic? It doesn't matter, cause every day is one day closer to 'middle end of this week maybe' :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@killick and any one else who is unsure about the Zion battery situation.
It's been discussed previously about running a pair of 18650's in series and IMO it can't be discussed enough especially for the 'n00b' and I see no harm in a little reminders for all users.
You should receive the batteries in a plastic case I strongly urge it's use.
At no time should these batteries be thrown into a bag or pocket where they may short circuit thru a bunch of keys or loose change.

The XTAR is a good charger and the digital display keeps you informed on the state of charge. As RBT mentioned a multi/voltmeter is a handy thing if anyone owns a charger without a display.
If you own more than one pair then mark them as pairs. Heat shrink sleeve available in a variety of colors or a permanent marker are both options so you know which battery goes with which.

They should always be used and charged as a matched pair. It is recommended that they are used and charged in rotation in both the charger and your Zion.
For example if you mark each cell individually then battery number one should be placed in slot one then slot two when next charged/used. This will help to keep you safe and also extend the overall battery life.

There is nothing to fear about Li-ion batteries they just need to be treated with respect.
Once you have used them for a while it will become second nature. Even when highly medicated.
The only thing I've found which sometimes isn't learned as quickly is putting the damn things in the charger and switching it on. Luckily a back up pair coupled with the embarrassment of running out of power when showing off your new toy to friends will help.

@TheDudeNextDoor started a thread dedicated to battery safety maybe it would be worth putting said thread somewhere on the site where it is more easily found. Perhaps in with the new resources.
@pakalolo what do you think? That way the info is on the main page of the site and it gives people the option to discuss chargers and batteries other than on the thread itself.

@killick really looking forward to hearing from you when your new block of maple arrives. If it was me I would have set up an early warning system in my post box. Perhaps a laser break beam or a shotgun trip wires type affair. Saves the twice daily run. Enjoy.

Sorry to waffle on but just an after thought. The FC community by and large is fantastic. The Zion thread has a great bunch of people on it and no one wants to see anyone fail. If any body is in doubt about anything to do with the safe running of their new Zion then please don't be too proud to ask for advice no matter how stupid the question may seem. We are all here to help each other get the best out of what is turning out to be a fantastic device.
Yes, @killick and everyone else though, try to swap the batteries' position in your Zion more often than that. The goal is to rotate their position after every bowl ideally. That will ensure they stay at the same charge level and don't fall out of balance, another precaution that will extend life of everything. also don't let them sit fully charged or drained without use for an extended period (weeks and weeks)

@slatihe sorry dude, Im just saying the situation and that I don't think you're going to get any more specific than that regardless.

And @RastaBuddhaTao that is easily mustache and goatee of the year. Just need a top hat so you can just shout for people to step right up and try the miracle Zion vapor! Can't wait to watch these videos later...

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Hey all,

I haven't posted much in this thread but I've been following it closely since almost the very beginning. All I can say is: wow, what a ride! It's crazy how far the Zion has come since those early 2X4 days! It's been a pleasure to watch the evolution of this vaporizer, and I seriously can't applaud @RastaBuddhaTao and the rest of the Z-team enough! Thank you for all the time and effort you've put in to bring such a killer vape to the market for us all to enjoy. I can't wait till I have my very own Zion in my hands!

BTW loving the vids, RBT. (And the facial hair! ;))

I'll see you all aboard the Zion Train!

:peace:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@RastaBuddhaTao you - once again - made my day! I love the vids and it's so great to see and hear you this way along with the as well super lookin Z's. (I dig your beard.. Damn classy! Would like a beard branding to my Zion, like a cool version of Guy Fawkes :D)
Man, I feel you must be satisfied and exhausted.. Which actually is a great combination when you look at what you've done! Wished I could take a seat on your red couch next to you and the Z team enjoying a nice drink and even more the first run of my Zion in greatest company! :cheers:

Thanks RBT for this great ride - and to everybody in here sharing the vibe and making this happen. I'm too proud of being part of the Cult!

Love & Peace
:peace:

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Just a quick look back and thank you to all of FC.

I just watched this video while eating some super hot chilli i just made. I bet your mustache eat's chilli too. By the potful!

I like Zion more everyday. Such a beast of a portable. Near instant, pure convection. Great battery life/user replaceable. Really good quality vapor. Easy to clean....

Expect a full video review in HD at some point. Cheers.

Last edited:

Fission

If I'm remembering right it was said just a few pages ago that batteries will now come with every Zion. How does this affect those who already purchased batteries--will we just get two more than we ordered at no charge? Also, when our Zion is close to shipping, we'll be getting an email where we can adjust out accessories, correct? All this talk about digital chargers is making me think that I'll likely be switching out my analog I ordered for a digital, and I want to make sure I'll have an opportunity to do that.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Wow! Bigger and better things now that production units are finally rolling out! Congratulations @RastaBuddhaTao! Starting the new year off right with new Zionites!

And those videos are phenomenal, great little walk throughs. Loved the walk through the past. Zion evolution that brings us to today, only scratching the surface of all the improvements though. And ofcourse this is only the beginning, more big (or little rather) things to come!

For temp stepping in Zig I could start at 5% even, but lately I'm starting at 25 (with a 5sec preheat at first to get going, first few hits are lighter since its not a 100 preheat ofcourse) and ride it for 5 hits or so, take it to 40 for some more, 55 for another 5 or so, then kill it with a few at 75, this is in the bitter cold now too. I also change it up all the time frankly (different strains, blends, packs), different dial spots, number of hits, sometimes no stepping riding 25, 50, or 75 to completion just the same as its all heat soaked... (did someone say versatile again?)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since @IAmKrazy2 is the first customer to get a Zion without being on the beta team and @RastaBuddhaTao re-opened his web store, this thread is no longer confined to Upcoming & Unreleased. Congratulations to RBT, @thekarmawhore, @MrPeanut, and the rest of the beta team.

...but lately I'm starting at 25 (with a 5sec preheat at first to get going, first few hits are lighter since its not a 100 preheat ofcourse) and ride it for 5 hits or so, take it to 40 for some more, 55 for another 5 or so, then kill it with a few at 75, this is in the bitter cold now too. I also change it up all the time frankly (different strains, blends, packs), different dial spots, number of hits, sometimes no stepping riding 25, 50, or 75 to completion just the same as its all heat soaked... (did someone say versatile again?)

Versatile? You bet. Now try starting with the power knob at 100% for the pre-heat and turning it back to your desired setting. I don't recall which beta tester recommended this to me but it has a different effect than going the other way. I think it also improves battery life but haven't actually tested this.

Shit Snacks

Since @IAmKrazy2 is the first customer to get a Zion without being on the beta team and @RastaBuddhaTao re-opened his web store, this thread is no longer confined to Upcoming & Unreleased. Congratulations to RBT, @thekarmawhore, @MrPeanut, and the rest of the beta team.

Versatile? You bet. Now try starting with the power knob at 100% for the pre-heat and turning it back to your desired setting. I don't recall which beta tester recommended this to me but it has a different effect than going the other way. I think it also improves battery life but haven't actually tested this.

Oh yeah, I do need to try that, especially when the Zion has been sitting in a freezing car all day. However Ziggy is so hot I can do this at 75 probably. Also the taste and smoothness of the first few icy hits are incredible. For any strain and situation the dial gives you a lot of flexibility, you can get it heat soaked quick for full power, or coax it up like many other convection vapes to start low and finish hot with fuller extraction, however the dial lets you set a limit so you can keep your avb lighter too

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I haven't been able to test my new unit a ton, but initial impressions are great. I've tested it with a dinky load and got great effects. The signature is strong with this one. And when set on the upper levels I can get vapor in no time. Fastest vapor I've ever had!

Top Bottom