Discontinued Zion vaporizer

HD Springer

In all seriousness I was able to stop inhaling before I "tainted" the flavor of the stem. It's a nice plus to have such an open air path to receive the vapor from. You really have a feel for what's happening. The throat knows.
Im going to keep on pushing that limit of high heat extraction. And I might even add a little water to the mix. I have just had no reason yet. Shit is smooth. Real smooth.

03STa0S.jpg

HD Springer

Ok I've found to be what I feel is my end all way to use a vaporizer. I almost feel guilty using such an inexpensive pinnacle bubbler. I like to go with barely any water. And I said fuck it going full blast from a cold start. Half way through my hit I really thought something was broken on my unit. It wasn't until I started having vapor blowing out my nose and what felt like was my ears,eyes and ass. But seriously I can't wait to give it a second go. No heat not even a hint of heat. This is very impressive for a portable hell any vaporizer for that matter.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah she might be built like a refrigerator, but that comes with crazy power and still ability to tame that power as needed. Amazing battery life too, clean dense vapor on demand or sessioned, dry or through water (can't wait til my JoDa GonGs are ready to actually post some proper pics and get some proper rips). Once you use it you appreciate the functionality and simplicity of the design, maybe future sleeker models will be sexier, but she's fine as is. Built like a brick shit house with desktop durability and versatility in an efficient and effective portable package.... Can't wait to hear from those who receive the full full production units, especially the lucky few Zion virgins... Anyway in the meantime enjoy some shots of the near production Ziggy & Zenon:

oK93LCI.jpg

UKfleuf.jpg

QijolYq.jpg

di2wAEH.jpg

btVkHQZ.jpg

Last edited:

HD Springer

For those that could wait(I know it's been a couple mos. past the initial roll out date)they will be rewarded with what I feel is a GREAT vaporizer. But to be honest I can't wait until the masses get to use this thing. This is what and how vaporizing should be. Great power great flavor great control. The 3G's to success in the world of vaporizing.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Its funny, I have wondered a few times if we beta testers were a little nuts or something or were under a spell and through voodo or the dark side RBT had us brainwashed and this was just yer standard convection vape and no big deal. Then I have someone over who has never seen or heard of the Zion and they try it and the look on their face tells the story. And I don't even have the production heater which RBT and the few others who have tried it say is a BIG improvement. Improving on success, maybe that should be the new tag line...

Y'all are gonna be very happy you got in THIS conga line. Hit that Zion now, Hey! Hit that Zion now, Hey! Hit that Zion now, Hey! Get up off the floor, hey...

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@thekarmawhore just finished "Make your own Zion day". We only had a chance to give her a quick test spin but I have a feeling that Courtney might have some classy competition in the house soon. Pretty cool to watch the master of the virtual world make his Zion a reality. Gotta say, he did have a grin and a gleam in his eye when he hit the road with a loaded stash box and two sets of freshly charged batteries.

killick

But I like it!
"Build a bear with a Zion" day?

So many options -
A bear puffing on a Zion!
You, puffing on a Zion while making your own bear!
Or a bunch of us sitting around, puffing on Zions, shooting at stuffed bears with pellet guns. No pellets tho, as i. no one wants to lose an eye, and ii. Medical coverage will be sporadic at best.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
he did have a grin and a gleam in his eye
Damn, put a pipe in his cheek and HE could be SANTA CLAUS!
For anyone that has tried both, how does the Zion compare to the Lotus Vaporizer?
Funny you ask that. I was just telling someone that what I wanted from the Zion was a battery powered (cordless and torch less) that competed with the Lotus, which I believe to be the hardest hitting portable out there. And THAT is what RBT delivered. I feel like I can get just as good a hit from the Zion as I can from the Lotus! And THAT is outstanding. And I still have the beta heater.

anasrzi

Damn, put a pipe in his cheek and HE could be SANTA CLAUS!

Funny you ask that. I was just telling someone that what I wanted from the Zion was a battery powered (cordless and torch less) that competed with the Lotus, which I believe to be the hardest hitting portable out there. And THAT is what RBT delivered. I feel like I can get just as good a hit from the Zion as I can from the Lotus! And THAT is outstanding. And I still have the beta heater.

Music to my ears this I too believe the lotus is the ultimate torch powered vaporizer out there, must admit I haven't tried all of those but the lotus is a real lung buster especially in a bong simply gushes with vapour. If this is true that the Zion is the battery powered version with little learning curve required unlike the lotus it could be the ultimate in both portables and desktop unit combined, pretty good for the price I think ;)

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
For anyone that has tried both, how does the Zion compare to the Lotus Vaporizer?

One of the most obvious diffrences will be a more wide open air path of the Zion. I personally find the Lotus too restricted to use with the WPA with most of my glass.

I will assume the Zion will be easier to get consistant results and temps with. I really like the Lotus with metal stem and leather sleeve for heat. But i still occasionally overcook bowls ala the VapMan, especially when hooked to the WPA.

That said, these are two highly different beasts but i highly recommend the Lotus with metal stem and leather sleeve. I have yet to try a regulated Zion style vape but have used RBT heater tech in two seperate vapes.

Edit. It seems Cybrguy answered Lotus questions too. i think the Zion compares more to the Daisy, which has a more open vape path than the Lotus. But i agree, the Lotus is also a ripper and oh so smooth with simply the SS stem hooked up. Monster smooth and thick vapor quick...but harder to use in wind or direct sunlight

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
To be honest I have the aluminum stem for the Lotus but have only used it like twice. I HAVE used the j-hook several times. But 90% or more of my Lotus use is the WPA in glass. As something like the same percentage of the time I use Venus (my zion) she is through glass. I like to water treat my vaping whether I need to or not, and both these devices easily lend themselves to this method. You just need a M2M for the Lotus with one side being a US 18.8mm joint. US joints are 22mm deep as opposed to ISO joints which are 26mm and too long for Zion.

I meant to add that Venus allowed me to bring a glass piece (Steven's FC-187 v.1) back into my rotation after being sidelined because the Lotus didn't provide enough air flow for it. Venus can handle it fine with her better airflow...

Top Bottom