Discontinued Zion vaporizer

killick

But I like it!
@MinnBobber Zion is indeed a rimless slide-in. IIRC back in BZ, (Before Zion), people were using EQ screens, which are pretty much the same as the MV ones (he says, but can't seem to find either at hand to compare).

Changing where the screen sits can make a big difference load-wise. At first I had way too big of bowl, and the screens were plugging with resin, dark/charred ABV in front, green near the back. I could empty, scrape, scrape, dump, scrape, and reload the empty stem into the Zion and still get a couple of huge clouds. From an empty screen. Yay :)

aphidii

My repair is still in progress and I've had no update except the fact that the knobs are being redesigned. I wouldn't count on your order making it on time unless the 'factory' gets up and running very soon. Sorry, but that's just my take on it.

Cool, I hadn't heard about the knob being redesigned, so that's some good info :)
Even if the news is that it's going to take longer than anticipated, it's good news to me. Makes the waiting feel less limbo-ish, if you know what I mean.
Thanks!

aphidii

I wouldn't be surprised, Milaana seems a lot simpler in large scale manufacture terms than the Big Guy, especially at this crucial point where the Zions need to be able to be manufactured en masse to a high spec, rather than one at a time in a small workshop

aphidii

So the Milaana's will come first? That's fucked up!

RBT has had our money for almost a year now, only to be told he's releasing the Milaana first. Absolute joke!

Not impressed at all...

He's not releasing Milaana first. The Zion has been released. He has hit some roadblocks in scaling up mass manufacture.

From about a month ago, with all Zion info too:
When will my unit Milaana ship? The Milaana pre-orders are predicted to ship to the following schedule with 80% confidence
All pre-orders Shipping in March
"Next Day Shipping" capability planned in late April
http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/existing-customer

mephisto

I understand the frustration level can escalate rather quickly once the money has left our hands. However, since I am one of the 3, I would ask if a sense of diplomacy can be maintained towards timelines, percentages, etc. I want my Zion back more now than ever, but the last thing I want to do is slow down the process that RBT has chosen. Lets keep this civil, can't we. I dig FC, its one of the few friends I have. It really just negates the vibe that I enjoy so much here when people start slinging poo..... This is just a suggestion from me..........If you want to get pissed off at a good vape that has not arrived yet, I suggest visiting the folks in the GH thread, they can likely supply support measures to help cope with wait times.

Zion Nation!

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I understand the frustration level can escalate rather quickly once the money has left our hands. However, since I am one of the 3, I would ask if a sense of diplomacy can be maintained towards timelines, percentages, etc. I want my Zion back more now than ever, but the last thing I want to do is slow down the process that RBT has chosen. Lets keep this civil, can't we. I dig FC, its one of the few friends I have. It really just negates the vibe that I enjoy so much here when people start slinging poo..... This is just a suggestion from me..........If you want to get pissed off at a good vape that has not arrived yet, I suggest visiting the folks in the GH thread, they can likely supply support measures to help cope with wait times.

Zion Nation!

I'm with you, brother, but the ugliness probably won't be going away anytime soon. There's a thread on Reddit that is rather telling, and I can't honestly say I don't feel for those participating/venting in it. Patience is a virtue, but having a manufacturer go AWOL and leaving people hanging for a month with not one update is kinda shitty, IMO.

Anyway, hope you get yours back soon and the rest of us waiting for ours aren't far behind ya. :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Agreed, wouldn't be the first time though (here or in the industry as a whole) But this is gonna be okay, he'll return with Zion and Milaana for everyone best they can be soon enough. Indefinite waiting sure does suck though...

ffafcdec21cad32142ec0cae61ecfdc3.jpg

little maggie

No one said that Milaana is going to be released first. Just wondering what's going on. RBT is an inventor. Being good at customer service and being good at inventing don't always go together. I wish there was better communication from him and that he was less hostile in some of his messages, but that's not why I paid for the vapes. I also imagine that he's as frustrated as some of us are at how many roadblocks he's had with the Zion being perfected.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I must say that a little customer relations goes a long way. Doesn't matter how 'busy' you are.
"Customer Relations" is literally how the Zion got its form, utility, and versatility.
He dropped out of FC after 8 months of "Customer Relations" and he said exactly why, and also let us know he'll add to his progress page every 1 month. If he has nothing to say between that 1 month, it's a waste of time just to make us feel a little more comfortable.
If he doesn't reply by the end of the month, I would say that is a time to be frustrated. That means he ignored his quota for his release and for his "verbal" update, and not addressing either issue would be upsetting. I have confidence we'll hear from him by Monday.

All of this, is of course, my :2c:

vaporvaper

At one point I was really excited about this vape, now I just don't give a shit.

Funny how most of those who say "be patient" already have their Zions, lol. Besides, ive already been patient, (June until Oct - Oct until now - an now we have this Milaana's bs). how patient should I be? How long should i wait? As long as it takes? Ridiculous!

Sometimes it feels like you guys are defending the indefensible. Coming across like some unpaid company reps. Makes me lose respect for you guys too tbh.

I know some of you guys may feel compelled to back RBT cos he's made you feel "special" as a beta tester. That's cool, but don't expect me to feel the same.

Anyways, apologies for the Rant! But I felt I had to say my piece, I won't say no more after this, I'm out.

:peace:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
"Customer Relations" is literally how the Zion got its form, utility, and versatility.
He dropped out of FC after 8 months of "Customer Relations" and he said exactly why, and also let us know he'll add to his progress page every 1 month. If he has nothing to say between that 1 month, it's a waste of time just to make us feel a little more comfortable.
If he doesn't reply by the end of the month, I would say that is a time to be frustrated. That means he ignored his quota for his release and for his "verbal" update, and not addressing either issue would be upsetting. I have confidence we'll hear from him by Monday.

All of this, is of course, my :2c:

My point was just that its very simple and quick to stay in touch with your captive audience here at fc.

People respond very positively to being able to converse and have a point of contact with a company they have emotional and in some cases financial relationships with.

I feel even more attached to my vapman because i get to chat with Rene every week. I have the utmost respect for that dude. Im not sure the same can be said here.

For what its worth i cancelled my milaana pre order. And ive had a grasshopper ti for a couple of weeks .. thanks @VapeFiend.com

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
At one point I was really excited about this vape, now I just don't give a shit.

Funny how most of those who say "be patient" already have their Zions, lol. Besides, ive already been patient, (June until Oct - Oct until now - an now we have this Milaana's bs). how patient should I be? How long should i wait? As long as it takes? Ridiculous!

Sometimes it feels like you guys are defending the indefensible. Coming across like some unpaid company reps. Makes me lose respect for you guys too tbh.

I know some of you guys may feel compelled to back RBT cos he's made you feel "special" as a beta tester. That's cool, but don't expect me to feel the same.

Anyways, apologies for the Rant! But I felt I had to say my piece, I won't say no more after this, I'm out.

Just wanted to clear something up here.... I've been patient and have added to the "be patient" discussion here and I don't have my Zion yet, either. From what you say, we probably ordered at about the same time. This is the way it normally goes with new, not fully vetted or tweaked vapes. Check FC for many similar situations (and quite a few worse ones!) if you haven't, yet And, if you didn't before you purchased, shame on you!

Since we ordered around the same time, I'm guessing we both probably got about the same lower introductory price. October was the posted expected date, but that was a perfect world estimate (same as usual with anything - vape or otherwise). Again, if someone doesn't get how this works, they probably shouldn't purchase like this. Always an option to wait for the point in the process where you order and it ships within 48 hours, though you won't get the same introductory prices. In my view, you & I have been paid (with the discount) to sit back and wait until it's ready and shipped. So yeah... that means waiting as long as it takes. If anyone isn't OK with that, wait till it is in full production. The middle option - getting a refund because you don't like waiting - has been offered for quite some time. More so, and pushed by RBT more so than in most other cases I've seen.

Don't mean to take it out on you specifically, but it irks me to come to the thread to read about the vape, where things may be in production, and other such things that are supposed to be the topics of any thread - and have to skim through a bunch of bitching and griping from someone who got into something they didn't understand or have changed their mind about. Talking about when you ordered, and when you receive (or get an email) is different - and valid info, but coming here to vent is a whole different thing.

If people can't put on their big boy (or big girl) pants, maybe they should take their refund and come back in a few months. Or, learn how to enjoy the vapes they already have while they wait, and enjoy the Zion that much more when it lands on your doorstep. If that's too much, maybe create a thread where you can have an online support group/pity party and all piss and moan together. But please, for the love of God, stop whining here! Not only is it annoying to troll through for the rest of us, IMO it really reflects poorly on the posters and makes me wonder why they're here instead of grasscity or reddit.

natural farmer

Just wanted to clear something up here.... I've been patient and have added to the "be patient" discussion here and I don't have my Zion yet, either. From what you say, we probably ordered at about the same time. This is the way it normally goes with new, not fully vetted or tweaked vapes. Check FC for many similar situations (and quite a few worse ones!) if you haven't, yet And, if you didn't before you purchased, shame on you!

Since we ordered around the same time, I'm guessing we both probably got about the same lower introductory price. October was the posted expected date, but that was a perfect world estimate (same as usual with anything - vape or otherwise). Again, if someone doesn't get how this works, they probably shouldn't purchase like this. Always an option to wait for the point in the process where you order and it ships within 48 hours, though you won't get the same introductory prices. In my view, you & I have been paid (with the discount) to sit back and wait until it's ready and shipped. So yeah... that means waiting as long as it takes. If anyone isn't OK with that, wait till it is in full production. The middle option - getting a refund because you don't like waiting - has been offered for quite some time. More so, and pushed by RBT more so than in most other cases I've seen.

Don't mean to take it out on you specifically, but it irks me to come to the thread to read about the vape, where things may be in production, and other such things that are supposed to be the topics of any thread - and have to skim through a bunch of bitching and griping from someone who got into something they didn't understand or have changed their mind about. Talking about when you ordered, and when you receive (or get an email) is different - and valid info, but coming here to vent is a whole different thing.

If people can't put on their big boy (or big girl) pants, maybe they should take their refund and come back in a few months. Or, learn how to enjoy the vapes they already have while they wait, and enjoy the Zion that much more when it lands on your doorstep. If that's too much, maybe create a thread where you can have an online support group/pity party and all piss and moan together. But please, for the love of God, stop whining here! Not only is it annoying to troll through for the rest of us, IMO it really reflects poorly on the posters and makes me wonder why they're here instead of grasscity or reddit.

+1
Again, if someone doesn't get how this works, they probably shouldn't purchase like this.
+2

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Before I finish ranting and get my ass to work.....

One other important point I didn't include above. Personally, I'd rather have a vape that takes longer to get to me and is that much better (more perfect?) when it gets here. I guess others feel differently about such things. They'd rather have it sooner and not enjoy the modifications to correct issues that have popped up? Please don't beg for that for me and others! Let the process work itself out so I can get a better vape later, instead of a troublesome one just to satisfy someone else's lack of patience.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep

:clap: :nod: :clap:

Fuck I love that post!!!

Now don't get me wrong - I utterly hate the fact that you felt the need to say it.

But nevertheless, I love what you said.

And whaddya know! The dude does not even have his Zion yet, nor is he a beta tester!

It's witchcraft I tell ye! WITCHCRAFT!!!

Thank you @flotntoke.

(Money is in the post ;))

And @mephisto, @little maggie & @AJS :tup:

All you guys :luv:

Have a great long weekend folks.

LoveÑRespect.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Please don't tell other members how and where to post. If someone posts in the wrong thread or breaks the rules, please report it but do not respond in a public post. Thanks for your cooperation.

YungLeaner

@Madcap79 could you clarify what you are speaking about in regards to the battery connections?

@DieHard I know you use a lot of your vapes through glass. Do you find yourself mostly using the Zion direct draw? I tend to find that it's only the top of the line convection (Underdog Etc) that are enjoyable dry for me. I would imagine the Zion to be on that list, just wondering.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Yes you "nailed it". I do usually use my Zion dry with the short stem. I feel the same way about the quality of convection vapes. My Enano and UDs were mostly used dry. I now reach for my Zion instead because of the ease of use and near instant heat. I have not tried my EVO dry yet.

YungLeaner

Yes you "nailed it". I do usually use my Zion dry with the short stem. I feel the same way about the quality of convection vapes. My Enano and UDs were mostly used dry. I now reach for my Zion instead because of the ease of use and near instant heat. I have not tried my EVO dry yet.
The Evo dry comes in way too hot for me, which isn't such a bother because it was designed for use with water. Another question--have you used the Zion for wax? I love my concentrates on a pad with convection vapes now, dare I say even more than using my e-nail.

Top Bottom