Discontinued Zion vaporizer

mephisto

So all 3 injured Zion are still in therapy?(I know that at least 1 is...) Just cancelled another convection wood vape in anticipation of my returned #18 and a Milaana. No rush, pressure, or negative vibes, just have not seen any refreshment of the RBT update page since 2/27/ Thanks anyone.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
So all 3 injured Zion are still in therapy?(I know that at least 1 is...) Just cancelled another convection wood vape in anticipation of my returned #18 and a Milaana. No rush, pressure, or negative vibes, just have not seen any refreshment of the RBT update page since 2/27/ Thanks anyone.
Hey, I feel for ya @mephisto, seriously. And I'm afraid that I don't have any further info. But, I do get the feeling that you won't be waiting tooo much longer - just don't quote me. And although it may not seem apparent, your patience is greatly appreciated.

Same goes to all 3 of you - this time is certainly not ideal from anyone's point of view, but your patience will be rewarded. And you will also always know that you were here in the beginning, giving support & allowing what is really a labor of love, to take it's natural path and evolve in a way that will ultimately be beneficial for everyone.

I know that you've heard it all before, but hang on in there folks.

- And I think it would be fair to say that we ALL thank all of you, for being so understanding.

Now, the rest of my post is definitely NOT intended to rub salt into the wounds - I'm just wanting to share the love, & some of my vape-life with y'all good peoples . . .

So anywaze . . . I was pleased to see that the milkman was out & about on his rounds extra bright & early today :) And nothing kicks the day into gear for me like a nice fresh pint to splash on the morning wakeÑvake . . . .
HnLlvIy.jpg

I really could wax lyrical with the amount of excitement I get from all of the different ways in which you can use the Zion - varying stems, adapters & temps (& more) galore!
But right now, I will just say (yet again) that the Zion through water is monstrous fun!
frankie.gif

With a little practice you can easily kill a load on high power extremely quickly, in one satisfyingly thick & hefty hit. Just be ready to draw real hard & let your finger off of that trigger once you see the cream . . . . and you'll be like:
The%2Bcat%2Bthat%2Bgot%2Bthe%2Bcream.jpg

. . . . except that some of that will also probably be coming out of your ears & possibly other orifices too :lol:

Hell yeah it's good! And it's like, A LOT of fun, because I really do get to 'have a play' everytime. I can always change something if I want to, & take my next hit in a slightly different way & see what results I get. Oh, now aren't I a little tinker?! ;)

But of course, you can always just find your sweet-spot & preferred set-up & leave it there if you wish. Tis completely your choice.

puzzle_corner.gif

Can you untangle this anagram to reveal a word that has been strongly associated with the Zion?
R E L A T I V E S
(Don't call, it's just for fun!)

:D

Now look at this cute little orgy! . . .
v1OsQ4K.jpg

They've been getting on like a house on fire that is being heated to the point of vaporization :rolleyes:

Thanks for sticking with me if you've made it this far! :uhh:

Hoping you all have a great week.

At ease.
:peace:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
My last email with RBT was on March 16 in which I was told the control know is being redesigned a bit. No idea when I'll get my Zion back and I think most of his focus is on the Milaaaania as his saving grace (financially). DISCLAIMER, this is my interpretation of my email interactions with him. Please do not take this as gospel.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey, I feel for ya @mephisto, seriously. And I'm afraid that I don't have any further info. But, I do get the feeling that you won't be waiting tooo much longer - just don't quote me. And although it may not seem apparent, your patience is greatly appreciated.

Same goes to all 3 of you - this time is certainly not ideal from anyone's point of view, but your patience will be rewarded. And you will also always know that you were here in the beginning, giving support & allowing what is really a labor of love, to take it's natural path and evolve in a way that will ultimately be beneficial for everyone.

- And I think it would be fair to say that we ALL thank all of you, for being so understanding.

Now, the rest of my post is definitely NOT intended to rub salt into the wounds - I'm just wanting to share the love, & some of my vape-life with y'all good peoples . . .

So anywaze . . . I was pleased to see that the milkman was out & about on his rounds extra bright & early today :) And nothing kicks the day into gear for me like a nice fresh pint to splash on the morning wakeÑvake . . . .
HnLlvIy.jpg

I really could wax lyrical with the amount of excitement I get from all of the different ways in which you can use the Zion - varying stems, adapters & temps (& more) galore!
But right now, I will just say (yet again) that the Zion through water is monstrous fun!
frankie.gif

With a little practice you can easily kill a load on high power extremely quickly, in one satisfyingly thick & hefty hit. Just be ready to draw real hard & let your finger off of that trigger once you see the cream . . . . and you'll be like:

. . . . except that some of that will also probably be coming out of your ears & possibly other orifices too :lol:

Hell yeah it's good! And it's like, A LOT of fun, because I really do get to 'have a play' everytime. I can always change something if I want to, & take my next hit in a slightly different way & see what results I get. Oh, now aren't I a little tinker?! ;)

But of course, you can always just find your sweet-spot & preferred set-up & leave it there if you wish. Tis completely your choice.

puzzle_corner.gif

Can you untangle this anagram to reveal a word that has been strongly associated with the Zion?
R E L A T I V E S

v1OsQ4K.jpg

They've been getting on like a house on fire that is being heated to the point of vaporization :rolleyes:

At ease.
Thanks for helping me waste four minutes as I wait for my Zion in July :rofl:
Just joking with ya, that was an awesome post that I'm sure many of us have been needing. You really know how to please the crowd and give them what they want. Oh, by the way...I like the puzzle :science:
I'm also glad that the house has decided to FC and is only heated to the point of vaporization :rolleyes:
Your Gh/Zi combo is pretty wicked!

Last update, as someone mentioned, was 2/27. RBT mentioned only stopping by to post or make an update once a month...I've had a feeling it'll be VERY soon, just a feeling, which I'm most likely wrong about, but it should be here by 3/27. That would leave one month for him to get things done. He may wait until he has really good news (or possibly really bad) before he makes an update though, as what's another week when you've been waiting for a month or so..not too bad as long as the news is strong.

Looking forward to it.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

HnLlvIy.jpg

frankie.gif

puzzle_corner.gif

R E L A T I V E S

v1OsQ4K.jpg

At ease.
It's VERSATILE! :D couldn't hold it:rolleyes::p

Beautiful pics as always,Veg. Thanks for sharing!

killick

But I like it!
@VegNVape Brilliant post, as usual! Thats the GH I was holding out for, too. I can just imagine what it must be like to follow you down the street... "I can smell weed, but I can't tell where it's coming from". You should get a grant from the London Clean Air campaign, if there was such a thing...

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ah thank you guys, I appreciate your comments - I'm just having a bit of fun, so I'm pleased if anyone else can get a little light-relief from it!
You should get a grant from the London Clean Air campaign
If only! :rofl:

But I would certainly champion the cause and promote a much cleaner, and infinitely greener London for all :D

Hurrah!

That first pic had me wonder if you were living in a castle or something? :cool:

:lol:

'One' Love ;)

TeeJay1952

John Milton:
When I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one Talent which is death to hide
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He returning chide,
"Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?"
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, "God doth not need
Either man's work or his own gifts. Who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
Is kingly: thousands at his bidding speed,
And post o'er land and ocean without rest;
They also serve who only stand and wait.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
O.k, so . . . .
After lightly skim reading through some joyful posts on Reddit, I thought that I may as well continue meandering on, along the path that I have chosen . . .

Repetitive? Fan-boy? I will not apologise. Although, I must admit that I have felt it my duty to provide updates & pics where possible - only because I know what it is like to be made to wait. And personally, I know that I always love to read & see as much as possible about the device that I am hankering after but can't quite get my hands on . . . . . . . so, as I am lucky enough to actually have a Zion in my hand, I am happy to provide some snippets of info & first-hand usage reports along with my thoughts & feelings on the device, for those playing . . .
The-Waiting-Game-1.jpg
What can I say? I'm an overly excitable, hyper-active type of person :freak: And this vape fucking rocks!!! What do you people (no, not you) want from me?!! Maybe I should post less often so my glowing, positive reports appear more dilute.

All I really know is that I have quite a few vapes at my disposal, and I find that the Zion definitely takes the lion's share of use around here, at VnV H.Q. Although, I definitely do enjoy using almost all of the vapes in my collection with a certain degree of frequency.

But, I am finding that in my normal usage pattern, the Zion pumps out consistently rich, thick & tasty on-demand convection vapor in a matter of seconds. And imo, NONE of my other handheld, battery powered vaporizers can do this quite so effortlessly, or even keep up (**Edit** to add that I now have a G.H which is measuring up pretty damn good as a worthy match to the Zion in some aspects & arenas). Which for me, means that I can achieve the results that I require easily & to full effect.

However, at this particular point, I feel the need to pause, and remind everyone lurking in this thread that this device is ONLY a vaporizer. It's sole purpose is to effectively vaporize your material of choice. Of course, in my opinion the Zion is an extremely accomplished vaporizer. But nevertheless, it is only a vaporizer, it is not a magic bean :rolleyes:

I hope we are ALL clear on that matter.

Eh! Eh?!! ;)

Sorry for running on, folks! Now, here's a regular and repetitive, overly indulgent, 'ooooh look@me' vnv zi snap for your perusal . . .

Ha!

NothingButLove! (+peace)

Your favorite resident sycophant :dog:

- VnV

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Could you give some specifics where the GH does not match up?
Hey there :wave:

Now I won't get into this too much here because tbh, I'm not really a fan of direct comparisons in manufacturers threads - no matter who they are. And so far, I've not really had a great deal of time using them to make any fair comparisons. But imo, they are completely different animals anyway. And you can be sure that they will both be seeing plenty of action, that's for certain.

Gotta have the right vape for the scenario!

However, the one thing that I will mention here which I have found to be a rather noticeable difference is - duh-duh-duuuuuh!!! - Battery life. In fact it seems that the Zion can doubly out-do the G.H on that particular score. And then some.

I am swapping out batteries at least once or more over the course of a day with the Hopper, whereas the Zion will generally last me into the second day and sometimes beyond.

Of course, the Zion takes twice as many batteries . . .

And that's probably as specific as I'm gonna get in here.

:)

Yip.

MuchLove.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey Veg, love yer pics AND yer commentary. Always makes me smile.

I feel obliged to offer a caution, for you and other Zion users. That curved GonG you are using makes me a little nervous. You are putting 45° stress on the glass joint whether the weight of the Zion (just around 12 oz) or your glass depending on which is above. This is PROBABLY not a problem, until it is, and if it is its a broken joint.
The beta team discussed this earlier but I don't know if it got on the warning list. It seems an easy enough risk to avoid. Carry on...

killick

But I like it!
I havta post some pix soon, too. Been saving up for the right day, and today will probably be it if I can find my phone. Stay tuned...

Until then, I ordered a few things to work with Baby, and also maybe Milly - a double male piece that some kind soul posted a link to earlier, and also an F-bomb ' jet diffused micro bubbler tube'. Has anyone morphed one onto t'uther yet?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey cybr, thanks for your kind comments :)
And I totally agree with this:
I feel obliged to offer a caution, for you and other Zion users. That curved GonG you are using makes me a little nervous. You are putting 45° stress on the glass joint whether the weight of the Zion (just around 12 oz) or your glass depending on which is above. This is PROBABLY not a problem, until it is, and if it is its a broken joint.
In fact, I never put my Zion in that position without supporting it with my hand at the same time - other than for the purpose of getting a particular shot, of course! - As was the case with this example.

And I actually don't think that there is any need to ever have the Zion connected to a device when it is not in direct use. And unless you have a carbed GonG, you will need to remove the Zion from your piece to clear it anyhow. And this is a good practice to follow.

Another factor is that you obviously need to be physically touching the device to keep the power button depressed throughout your hit, so it makes sense that you will hold onto the Zion at all times during use & disconnect & set it down when you are done.

Definitely best to be a bit carefull.

My preciousssssss! :freak:

And yeah, come on Mr.@killick - give us a slideshow would ya! . . .
4f3725214746960f61d86b55ed696116.jpg
^^^ Daaamn! That projector looks almost as big as a Zion! :haw:

Stay tuned...
I'm locked in & locked on, bro!

MuchLoveEverytime.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I havta post some pix soon, too. Been saving up for the right day, and today will probably be it if I can find my phone. Stay tuned...

Until then, I ordered a few things to work with Baby, and also maybe Milly - a double male piece that some kind soul posted a link to earlier, and also an F-bomb ' jet diffused micro bubbler tube'. Has anyone morphed one onto t'uther yet?

The f-bomb is just like the pnwt isn't it? If so it is practically built for Zion my man!

Lovely @Mulehead! Love that bent stem, I bet it works wonderfully with Lucky. Hopefully RBT will be able to cut my iso one down to us length so I can use it some day...

MinnBobber

Question for folks who own a Zion & miniVAP: like @killick

-do the Zion wire baskets fit the miniVAP Flexicones?
- how deep are the Zion baskets compared to an Arizer EQ basket?-
- how deep compared to miniVAP baskets but that can be tough as I have 3 different sizes of
stock miniVAP baskets

Thanks

Mulehead

Question for folks who own a Zion & miniVAP: like @killick

-do the Zion wire baskets fit the miniVAP Flexicones?
- how deep are the Zion baskets compared to an Arizer EQ basket?-
- how deep compared to miniVAP baskets but that can be tough as I have 3 different sizes of
stock miniVAP baskets

Thanks
Going off of memory, because I'm not at home but...

They don't have the rim around the basket, so no go with flexicone.

About the same capacity as eq basket.

But I know you'll come up with a way of using a flexicone once you get your Zion!

@Shit Snacks, yes sir I dig the bent stem! My fav is the m-m with jhook tho, same as with MV. Hard to beat a 'j' when using dry!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have no way to make the pic bigger---so those baskets have no rim??
Is there a little flare out at the opening?

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/6578811#

No rim, they fit snug entirely inside the glass stems, in either direction. A rim could risk damage to the heater screen in the glass 18mm female bowl. Hence an EQ basket or ELB could void your warranty if used in Zion or Milaana.

I believe I posted a better look at them here somewhere when I Zig&Zen back together around Christmas. Oh actually I belive I posted a show of the final final screens in the Milaana thread actually. That pic on the site is probably pretty old, they've evolved a bit over time

aphidii

Hello Zion Nation!

Anyone have any updates on whether the broken units have been fixed and/or returned to their proud parents?

It's been about a month since RBT's last update and with April fast approaching I'm getting a bit antsy about my July order being sent out in the next 4 weeks. But keeping my fingers crossed! Any skerik of info I can get at this point about how things are progressing would really help my mental state haha

Peace all!

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hello Zion Nation!

Anyone have any updates on whether the broken units have been fixed and/or returned to their proud parents?

It's been about a month since RBT's last update and with April fast approaching I'm getting a bit antsy about my July order being sent out in the next 4 weeks. But keeping my fingers crossed! Any skerik of info I can get at this point about how things are progressing would really help my mental state haha

Peace all!
My repair is still in progress and I've had no update except the fact that the knobs are being redesigned. I wouldn't count on your order making it on time unless the 'factory' gets up and running very soon. Sorry, but that's just my take on it.

Top Bottom