Discontinued Zion vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just deleted several posts that were off-topic. I want to remind everyone that it is simply not appropriate to make negative comments about another member's posting style or character. If you feel you must, send a PM. If a post breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. This sort of thing is what fuels flame wars.

virtualpurple

This negativity really has been bothersome to me. I know we're all chomping at the bit here (hell, I had even received my soon-to-ship notice in January), but in the meantime I have other vaporizers at my disposal, and I like that my unit is being held until the 3 failures were inspected, it gives me confidence that RBT is not content with releasing a product that isn't up to his standards.

In one of Anthony Bordain's books he mentions Ecuadorian Line cooks, who , despite being screamed at by chefs/servers/owners, refuse to turn out their dish until it's perfect. That is how I treat this.

Maybe not everyone looks at it that way, but we have all had ample opportunity to observe that RBT is not your typical businessman. Not every has the patience to work with a commissioned artist, but those that do will be handsomely rewarded with their final product.

This post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just kinda at the way the milieu here has begun to turn.

VP

little maggie

I just deleted several posts that were off-topic. I want to remind everyone that it is simply not appropriate to make negative comments about another member's posting style or character. If you feel you must, send a PM. If a post breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. This sort of thing is what fuels flame wars.
I really didn't see my post as saying something negative about other members posting style or are you going to delete the one just before this as well?

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I really didn't see my post as saying something negative about other members posting style or are you going to delete the one just before this as well?

I don't believe that was directed at you, merely just coincidentally after your post.

So milaanas will be all done in march,
while zions won't be finished with their initial run of <50 until july?
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me :freak:

Having both in hand now, I can say it actually is, I thought Zion was simple but Milaana is just a whole other level, not so surprising at all that it would instantly outpace Zion imo

Zion does offer some benefits that are worth waiting for though, worth paying more for. Zion and Milaana is really going to be an excellent product line up to launch with

little maggie

I wish :drool:!
Looks like I got pushed out to june but that's partly my own fault. I was just surprised because I thought that zion was way out ahead of milaana, but as @Shit Snacks says it's more complicated than that.
I think making sure there were no more problems with the Zions slowed them down. It seems like RBT has thoroughly checked the 3 returned and that's taken a while. I'll be ok either way because I signed up for milaana when she was first announced.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Mine was one that was deleted but I wasn't attacking anyone or directing negativity to anyone here.
Your post was part of the entire conversation that was deleted. There was nothing wrong with your post, but with the other posts removed, it would have been out of context for anyone reading the thread. We often remove replies to deleted posts as a matter of general housekeeping. ;)

:peace:

little maggie

Your post was part of the entire conversation that was deleted. There was nothing wrong with your post, but with the other posts removed, it would have been out of context for anyone reading the thread. We often remove replies to deleted posts as a matter of general housekeeping. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. I was actually responding to the message RBT posted and the response by Kerozen. But I tend to be unclear when I say something so I can see why it was perceived as part of the earlier thread. (Nothing negative about either of them)

little maggie,

virtualpurple

I don't believe that was directed at you, merely just coincidentally after your post.

Having both in hand now, I can say it actually is, I thought Zion was simple but Milaana is just a whole other level, not so surprising at all that it would instantly outpace Zion imo

Zion does offer some benefits that are worth waiting for though, worth paying more for. Zion and Milaana is really going to be an excellent product line up to launch with

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the two compliment eachother and to see how they shine in different situations.

I rarely vape outside the house but I can envision milaana really shining for showing off to friends while doing outdoor activities where I want to vape but don't want to pocket a soda can. Hiking, festivals, etc.

I Can't find milaana' dimensions on RBT's website, would you mind giving me the rough dimensions so I can start planning a suitable travel case for milaana, some batteries, etc? That would be much appreciated.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the two compliment eachother and to see how they shine in different situations.

I rarely vape outside the house but I can envision milaana really shining for showing off to friends while doing outdoor activities where I want to vape but don't want to pocket a soda can. Hiking, festivals, etc.

I Can't find milaana' dimensions on RBT's website, would you mind giving me the rough dimensions so I can start planning a suitable travel case for milaana, some batteries, etc? That would be much appreciated.
Just have a look over at the Milaana thread. Was posted there yesterday I think.:)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wish :drool:!
Looks like I got pushed out to june but that's partly my own fault. I was just surprised because I thought that zion was way out ahead of milaana, but as @Shit Snacks says it's more complicated than that.

Yeah remember the actual heater tech is already perfected, so while Zion has wire harnesses with a chip and potentiometer, Milaana is literally just heater connected right to the battery. Along with its smaller simpler body made up of only two pieces, it was always expected to outpace Zion once it's design was locked in as production grew. Eventually they should both be able to be churned out fast on the assembly line, but Milaana will always be quicker/easier to build.

Yeah they are posted in that thread yesterday. Basically you have it, Milaana is just much more portable, simpler with no knob or regulation, more like a fully open loop Firefly in use but with glass stems ofcourse (stem, herb, stir tool, etc must be carried separately without the extra Zion space). It's battery life is roughly half of Zion, and it requires a bit more technique, but it is of course cheaper as well. Speaking in automobile terms, Zion is your big flagship model and Milaana is your small entry level, both have the same engine but different features and benefits

killick

But I like it!
So I emailed RBT through the appropriate channels to register my oopsie. I lost the set screw for the throttle. Well, it fell, I found it, and still have it! The throttle is fine, I just have to be careful when I tip Z upside down. Which is why the throttle knob is missing, but the set screw isn't...

So the other day Z gets to spend a night at the neighbors, mainly cause I was pretty comatose and forgot all about her. Nice neighbours bring Z into town, and thats when i realize the throttle is missing. Fortunately it's on high, like a 2 bat Milaana, so everything is controlled by power button. Meh - no learning curve at all. Just a bald spot...

So this morning I get a call - the missing throttle was found on a truck seat! Woohoo! RBT - if you are reading thsi, I won't need the additional dial. Just the two additional Milaana units. Gracias :)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Greetings fellow Zionites :wave:

I was lucky enough to receive an absolute beaut of an @Ed's TnT silky sexy maple stem earlier than expected in the post yesterday (Thanks Ed!) - obviously, to try out in the Zion . . . . and I've been using it for dry rips exclusively for the past 30hrs or so, & it is certainly an interesting & most pleasurable change after so much glass stem usage . . . but more to come on that later.

I was really posting just now to say that I ran Vyvyan through my DHgate shhhhmobius matrix bubbler (using a bent m2m adapter) for the first time in ages, today. And compared to past experience, I am now clearly so much more in tune with the production Zion, monster heater.

I am a sucker for the high temps, so I have the dial set at around 90% power. Load a couple of pinches? :shrug: Then, it's a maximum of 5 seconds preheat before I begin a good, steady & comfortable draw (not honking on it, but not holding back). Using this setup & technique, I find that I am getting thick, milky vapor in the chamber within around 5 seconds. I then continue to draw for roughly a further 5-10 seconds - maybe feather the power button a little - & then release the power & continue to draw & clear the bubbler as I lift off Vyvyan (just as I lift off, too ;)).

I had a couple of hits each, on several bowls, and the results seemed easy to replicate. And also, I must say, that it was a most impressive & very satisfying session :D

Oh you guys are gonna have such fun! :nod:

I feel that the milk-shot videos will come thick & fast once production gathers some momentum!

So, as I said earlier, more to come on the Ed Zion stem in future posts, but for now, here are a couple of shots I took that didn't get posted over here in Ed's glorious thread . . .
uzao4X0.jpg

EQU90zf.jpg

wqVKPap.jpg

Soooo beautiful :drool: . . . .

XbNiFvE.jpg

The happy couple :love: . . .
zNGkURl.jpg

VXeJJDA.jpg

Ahhhh thank you so much Ed! :D

Life imitates art, but this art is real life in every way.

:bowdown: Many, many thanks to both @RastaBuddhaTao & @Ed's TnT for the magnificent work that you continue to do :bowdown:

StayLifted fam.

P.L.U.R. (every time)

**Edited to fix broken link to Ed's thread**

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Ah the Zion unfortunately remains a unicorn for me. Maybe after a few years I can get on a list or something for this elusive beauty. At least I can live vicariously through the lucky few, you guys are awesome for undertaking this beta beast! All the pics and reviews are glowing imo, can't wait! @IAmKrazy2 keep cranking out those awesome videos and have a great birthday!

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I'm starting off this Friday night with Logi and my EVO in a side by side comparison. So far they are both doing an amazing job of churning out thick tasty vapor. So, they are running neck and neck in a race to help me forget this past work week.
So, yeah I'm comparing the EVO with a PORTABLE.
And the winner is ...... Me!
:freak::razz:

Top Bottom