Discontinued Zion vaporizer

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I think something like that, male - male with little glass shotty. But bigger, maybe tennis ball size in the middle. Seems when it comes to glass the Zion needs some realestate. I'm thinking something large but not bong shaped. Maybe a steam roller type set up? Nice dry cloud chamber.

I was thinking about trying to get a steamroller with 18mm joint to go with my eventual single-battery Zionite, especially after seeing that amazing Mario-themed work. JoDa steamroller is the only way I use my nano anymore!

I'm just not sure how tricky it will be to use the trigger button and carb at the same time...

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
Regarding trigger/carb, I've thought the same thing. My idea for having a carb is leaving the Zion on my bong instead of lifting it and a gong to clear. I haven't used the Zion yet but my thinking was letting off the button, while still drawing on it for a second for residual heat, then pulling the carb. I'm ordering another gong from @Oregonglassblower today that's 18mm male (US joint) to 14mm male but with maybe 2" in the middle to get extra room between Zion and glass, with no carb, just in case my thinking doesn't quite pan out. I'm guessing the carbed version works well on the bong while the non-carbed will be better for the hydrotube.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, its been a few pages since I posted this.... ;)

This is my favorite combo, and the claisen kind of makes it. The big can allows me to easily manage how big the hit is, and with the claisen I just pull the plug and BAM!
HPkGx8g.jpg

The only custom in this piece is the mouthpiece from OGB. The glass is the FC-UFO v.1.
1433866468033-1227918592.jpeg

I just saw this on the site and thought to ask about if he could make one like this with the carb cap thing but male to male.
I must say I have been considering this. The claisen is NOT the answer to all questions... ;)

Last edited:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@cybrguy couple questions (that you have probably answered several times). Does the Zion fit on the UFO without the claisen and just the 18mm male to male? Is that a standard m to m or customized? I saw the stem a few pages ago, do you use that directly into the Zion ever? Anything you would change about that stem or this entire setup? Looks great, thanks!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Good question, and the reason I suggested doing a custom from OGB and adding an inch. The shape of the Zion with the cut out 'ledge' makes a plain M2M a hair short in some circumstances with some glass pieces, and the UFO in one of them. You can get a taste of that 2 pics back with the 187. Slight differences in the production model Zion may make that a little better or worse. An extra inch on the M2M resolves it. With my longer custom M2M the UFO will do fine without the claisen.

fyx

This may be the wrong place to ask this or just a dumb question in general. But I did preorder a Zion so I hope I don't get in trouble!

I'm new to vaping. I only have the Flowermate mini and have no other experience with other vapes outside of a couple hits from friends.

Does the high ever get the same "couchy" feeling that a blunt would get me? I mean, in my mind, I don't see why not, but when I use my FM, even after 3-4 sessions of use, I never get to that level. I enjoy the "stuck to your couch" feeling, it's why I avoid sativa's and primarily buy indica strains. If a vape won't get me to that level, then it may just not be for me. I also can't take super long hits without coughing worse than a blunt, but I have a D020-D on the way so maybe that will help?

However if the Zion is that much stronger and better, then I may as well give it a chance. I'm interested what others have to say. My experience is limited but I'd rather not shell out $200+ on something that is just not for me.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I would suggest that "couch lock" is probably related more to a given strain than to the delivery device. In my experience it may also be more related to the other elements derived from combustion, like benzene. I have found that I get couch lock way less since I have been vaping rather than combusting. I am getting no less "high" but to some degree less desire to nap. ;) Maybe thats just me...

hackslasher

I'm think with a more powerful vape should be able to get close to that couch lock feeling. When I was only working with the flowermate 5.0s I was going through 4-6 bowls at a time and was only getting the feeling I like (the heavy eye lid feel and like a stuffy head feel) half the time. Then got the mighty and 3 bowls were getting me ther pretty easy (I don't pack full bowls only 1/4 to 1/2 a bowl). Then got miss lily..... Man o man basically takes me three bowls to get there but have the choice to combust if want. Usually only char it when not saving the Abv and get me to the just wanting to chillax feel. Basically what I'm saying is yea I think you would benefit more from the Zion then the flowermate. Please note this is my individual experience. Different strains are a factor, tolerance, even just your brain chemistry as we're all different. Also as many will say if you give up combusting for a week or two it get better. Anyway hope you find the feeling your looking for. Happy vaping

xer0

This may be the wrong place to ask this or just a dumb question in general. But I did preorder a Zion so I hope I don't get in trouble!

I'm new to vaping. I only have the Flowermate mini and have no other experience with other vapes outside of a couple hits from friends.

Does the high ever get the same "couchy" feeling that a blunt would get me? I mean, in my mind, I don't see why not, but when I use my FM, even after 3-4 sessions of use, I never get to that level. I enjoy the "stuck to your couch" feeling, it's why I avoid sativa's and primarily buy indica strains. If a vape won't get me to that level, then it may just not be for me. I also can't take super long hits without coughing worse than a blunt, but I have a D020-D on the way so maybe that will help?

However if the Zion is that much stronger and better, then I may as well give it a chance. I'm interested what others have to say. My experience is limited but I'd rather not shell out $200+ on something that is just not for me.

With higher temps you can definitely get that couch lock buzz on. I prefer high temp vaping myself so my nano is always set to 7. From everything reported the Zion has more than enough power to do high temp vaping. I'm seriously excited to be getting a device that has the same type of power as my nano but in an on-demand portable form.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

I find the Zion's effects to be strong! I'm a high temp vaper and have no problem getting comatose when I need to with the Zion. If you don't get there with this vape, at least you'll know it's not the vape.

I haven't used a flowermate yet (will this weekend), but given it's a conduction vape you should be able to hit that couch lock feeling you're looking for if you turn the temp up enough and use enough herb.

Likes2vape

I love the couch lock stone as well. It took some getting used to vaping but I find turning up the temps helps with the couch lock feeling. If that doesn't work I just take a dab or two and I'm good

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Ha yeah, imo conduction to convection is no comparison in general. And a Flowermate for one thing is severely limited on raw power, especially when compared to a Zion. In my experience with a variety of vapes now, simply more power = more high potential with less herb, even low temps, plus open loop here

fyx

I appreciate all the responses. I will continue trying to find the right temp and see how it works. At worst, I'll return/sell the Zion. May as well give it a chance if I keep hearing such great things about it.
@stickstones Described it perfectly, I like the comatose feel since I'm primarily vaping/smoking at home and in the evening, it's what I enjoy.

With regards to the strain, it's the same stuff I was combusting before I got my FM mini, but I'll try something else and see if it makes a difference. For some reason, I cough more with my vape than I do with a blunt, but maybe cause I'm pulling too hard. Thanks again for all the input.

Ha yeah, imo conduction to convection is no comparison in general. And a Flowermate for one thing is severely limited on raw power, especially when compared to a Zion. In my experience with a variety of vapes now, simply more power = more high potential with less herb, even low temps, plus open loop here

So in your experience, how is the overall high convection vs conduction? I've never used a pure convection vape (ZION WHERE ARE YOU??), and I will attempt using the FM mini on the highest setting. For some reason, my mind doesn't relate the head high as anything "special" with compared to the comatose feeling. Let's see how the Zion does :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So in your experience, how is the overall high convection vs conduction? I've never used a pure convection vape (ZION WHERE ARE YOU??), and I will attempt using the FM mini on the highest setting. For some reason, my mind doesn't relate the head high as anything "special" with compared to the comatose feeling. Let's see how the Zion does :)

Yeah imo FM is not the best conduction oven either, need to pull slow and steady, restrictive to do so, harsh short vapor path, session conduction constantly cooking, needs fine grind and tight pack, poorly chosen temps for me personally... Ehhh materials too

The convection high just hits you in the face, one hit has that strong feeling like a pipe or bong vs a conduction hit in my experience. Ive had many of both but all my convection units have been better for me pretty much. If you're at home anyway, I would strongly suggest a plug in too... But Zion would cover it probably, just need to be patient. Also a torch vape like Daisy/Lily would really show you what i mean easily. Have a look at Triihouse

fyx

Yeah imo FM is not the best conduction oven either, need to pull slow and steady, restrictive to do so, harsh short vapor path, session conduction constantly cooking, needs fine grind and tight pack, poorly chosen temps for me personally... Ehhh materials too

The convection high just hits you in the face, one hit has that strong feeling like a pipe or bong vs a conduction hit in my experience. Ive had many of both but all my convection units have been better for me pretty much. If you're at home anyway, I would strongly suggest a plug in too... But Zion would cover it probably, just need to be patient. Also a torch vape like Daisy/Lily would really show you what i mean easily. Have a look at Triihouse

Appreciate the response. I will wait on my Zion but I'll look into the ones you've suggested too. If I can stop combusting and get similar results, I'll be happy :)

highnes

@highnes just got this from mike.
2xcnxMG.jpg
Is that what you were looking for?
Edit to add: make sure you tell him you need the US joint for the Zion on the 18mm side.

Wow! yes that looks like what I had in mind and that stand looks pretty slick. I'll link to this photo for reference and mention the 18mm side (I assume the 18.8 is for the (lower) bubbler end and the 18mm is for the (upper) zion end?).

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@highnes the one in that pic is 18.8mm US joint for the Zion side, which is the important thing to let mike know, the other (pointing up in the pic) is 14.4mm ISO joint, which is what my current bong and hydrotube use. Hope that is clear, and thanks about the stand.

thekarmawhore

Appreciate the response. I will wait on my Zion but I'll look into the ones you've suggested too. If I can stop combusting and get similar results, I'll be happy :)

I think you can stop combusting and get superior results with a Zion. Shit, I wasn't even trying to stop combusting when I started working with the prototype, but I did stop because vaping with zion tech, simply put, was just so much better! No contest, no effort to switch.

Yes, I 'cheated' a time or two early on, mostly because I had a couple new pieces that needed trying out, but that was like, yup, ok, that tasted like ass, wish I hadn't just bought these oh well, clean em up, retired. Zion'd away

Zion - Nobody fucks with the Jesus
Nobody!

fyx

I think you can stop combusting and get superior results with a Zion. Shit, I wasn't even trying to stop combusting when I started working with the prototype, but I did stop because vaping with zion tech, simply put, was just so much better! No contest, no effort to switch.

Yes, I 'cheated' a time or two early on, mostly because I had a couple new pieces that needed trying out, but that was like, yup, ok, that tasted like ass, wish I hadn't just bought these oh well, clean em up, retired. Zion'd away

Nobody!

I read your mini-story about how you went from all combustion to all convection. Curious, do you get the "in the couch" feel with the Zion now like you did with blunts/joints/glass etc?

KeVo23

Hey whats up guys, I was attempting to order the zion but wasn't able to add it to the cart without having to enter somthing in the special instructions area. Is there a specific instruction I'm suppose to give? Thanks in advance!!

thekarmawhore

I read your mini-story about how you went from all combustion to all convection. Curious, do you get the "in the couch" feel with the Zion now like you did with blunts/joints/glass etc?

It's sure knocked me out a time or 3. Especially with a quick high temp approach. I think some of the beta crew have knockout stories as well.

Hey whats up guys, I was attempting to order the zion but wasn't able to add it to the cart without having to enter somthing in the special instructions area. Is there a specific instruction I'm suppose to give? Thanks in advance!!

The trick is to put usa in the box above add to cart where is says only usa shipping. Thanks @Philreal187 for figuring that out and saving me some typing too!

Top Bottom