Discontinued Zion vaporizer

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
I'm about the buy the Nitecore D2. Among other things, I'm going to use this charger to power the RBT batteries I purchased with my Zion. I'm actually just posting here to make sure this charger will suffice. @RastaBuddhaTao alluded to new charger and batteries going up on the site soon so I just wanted to make sure I'm not about to miss out on something.

srama21,
Reactions: VegNVape

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
He has the Nitecore I2 and the D2 in the store now. I believe he will be adding the I4 and the D4 and some additional batteries as soon as he has time to get them on the site.

Other stuff too like US jointed adapters and colored stems of various sizes. I know some vendors have said they will make glass for the Zion but we should probably leave it to them until they exist. ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That is the one I have and its great. I'm swapping 2 sets and one is always fresh charged. But, I'm gonna need more charged batteries soon when you all get your Zions and work begins on TOD and the Single battery unit. I'll probably get the D4 then.

Beta testing is hard work... :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've preordered the Zion along with 2 sets of batteries and a charger. I'm now interested in adding the long Glass Stem they have on the site, but don't want to pay $12 shipping just for that... Is there a way to add it to my preorder? If so, who/how do I get in touch?

A long stem and short stem will already be included i believe. The site will be updated in the coming weeks with this info as well, you've got plenty of time too lol

Tommy10

A long stem and short stem will already be included i believe. The site will be updated in the coming weeks with this info as well, you've got plenty of time too lol

Awwww whicked!
Keen for more zions in hands for a flood of photos videos and new methods.
The $7 addition stems on the site now are comparatively well priced as it is!
Given the price of postage to here I'll be sure to order a heap.

Shit Snacks

I can't take it any more!!! :rant::bang::rant::bang::rant::bang::rant::bang::rant:
Mikey wants his Zion so much it hurts.

- sitting here, eagerly awaiting an email from RBT about add-ons (30 days hath September, sweet)

Haha careful bravesst, I know its tough, but given your order date (not too long ago right?) I think youre further back in the list, so its not unlikely that you could be waiting a bit longer, chance it may not quite be in October depending how it goes, we'll have to see how quick roll out can be, but you should be prepared bud, your certainly not part of the first like 40 or 50 orders I believe... So close so far

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Haha careful bravesst, I know its tough, but given your order date (not too long ago right?) I think youre further back in the list, so its not unlikely that you could be waiting a bit longer, chance it may not quite be in October depending how it goes, we'll have to see how quick roll out can be, but you should be prepared bud, your certainly not part of the first like 40 or 50 orders I believe... So close so far

Thank God I got my AA's and Nano cranking perfectly.
With willpower, I WILL SURVIVE.

Nete88

OK, 2 other possibilities. You need to have scripting turned on in your browser, so if you have scripting disabled (like noscript) re-enable it. And if you are ordering the regular Zion I notice it puts up a box where you have to add "USA" to add the Zion to your cart.

That is all I can think.
yeah I figured it out in another browser

yeah I figured it out in another browser
so hopefully I receive it some time in October.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Well hello Sunday pplz! :)

I've had a bit of a 'cold' thing going on just lately, affecting my asthma, especially when I vape. And for this reason I've been wanting to tame my Zion vapor just a little bit more than usual. Which means I've been making good use of my tiny WT, and also the ever faithful J-hook.

I love how much use I get out of my J-hook, and unsurprisingly it is a great pairing with my Zion.

Sooooo many configurations.

I can sit Johnny upside down in the J-hook for use 'Sherlock' style. Then he can be turned so that he is either sitting in the bend of the hook, or I can spin him the other way so that he is sitting outside of the hook, or he can sit to the side of the hook.

It's nice to have different perspectives, and I have found that with almost any way that I hold him, it is still easy to achieve a comfortable grip on 'Johnny J-hook', and keep a finger on the fire button :tup:

Kicking back Sunday morning though, with an inverted J-hook. I like the look of this config, and it's fun watching the vapor stream right in front your eyes - plus Johnny really appreciates some time on his feet . . . .

tQZga09.jpg

Any which way, it does an excellent job of cooling the vapor just enough to stop me from coughing while I've got this cold & my chest is feeling a little tight . . . . and of course, the flavour is still amaaaazing!

And on that note, I think it is worth mentioning that the taste achieved with this vaporizer should not be taken for granted. I definitely realise just how lucky I am when I notice such a vast difference in the flavour profile when hitting some of my other vapes. I think that I'm easily spoiled by Johnny when I use him a lot, and I quickly become complacent which means the level of contrast frequently and literally hits me like 'WOAH'! :whoa:

Mooooooooving on . . . . I thought y'all might like a big-butt-shot :brow:

k9sZTCG.jpg

:o

Holy blow holes!

Johnny sure grabs my attention from any angle!

And he's (shhh-only-shhh) a Beta! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hurl when I get my hands on production! :puke: (Ha! Never used that awesome smiley before!)

Oh, & I will let you know when I have any more news regarding the contest btw.

Have a loving day Zionation.

:D

Y'all rock!
:peace:

thekarmawhore

can anyone explain the heater technology in this? And how does this compare to the mighty?

It is a patent pending design that utilizes a stainless steel heater with a high surface area to volume ratio.

As a manufacturer the posting rules don't allow me to compare it directly to other specific vapes, but from what I've read so far in all these pages it is capable of running with or besting all other portable as well as desktop vapes it has been compared to so far, in terms of performance and capability. Less so in terms of stealth and digitalness.

Shit Snacks

can anyone explain the heater technology in this? And how does this compare to the mighty?

That comparison has been discussed already if you search, this has more power and is pure convection (more manual, no automatic constant cooking conduction), can be hit instant kn demand or sessioned back to back, extremely efficient with herb and replaceable 18650 batteries, all pure materials, handcraft

Air passes through wood over massive surgace area stainless steel heater with mica insulator then up throw the loaded glasss stem and steel mesh screen to creator vapor as you inhale - pure convection, the trigger releases power to the heater from the batteries at a rate set by the dial (it steadily rises in temp, open loop style)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
And how does this compare to the mighty?
As a manufacturer the posting rules don't allow me to compare it directly to other specific vapes, but from what I've read so far in all these pages it is capable of running with or besting all other portable as well as desktop vapes it has been compared to so far, in terms of performance and capability. Less so in terms of stealth and digitalness.

You are totally right TKW, and I believe that it's also not really considered to be that appropriate for members to do it either - specifically in a particular vaporizers thread at least. It can appear disrespectful and cause uncomfortable and awkward feelings between manufacturers who have a presence here on FC. Although I realise that does not go for S&B, unfortunately.

So anyway, I shall say briefly . . . .

If you have read any of my posts in this thread then you probably already know that I love my Zion, and personally I enjoy my Zion experience far more than that of the Mighty.

I would definitely say however, that you do need to pay more attention when using the Zion. The Mighty is, imo, foolproof as long as you firmly pack it's large bowl with well ground material - you will not combust and vaporization is wholly automatic.

The Zion, on the other hand, is completely manual - performace is influenced far more by the operative. With my beta model, I have found that you can cherry your load in a matter of seconds if you decide to whack up the voltage and provide a minimum draw :evil:

In that respect, I do find it difficult to hit my Zion while I'm exerting myself in any way (walking at a a pace for example), because I generally find that I need to control my breath to some extent. I am asthmatic however, so it is quite likely that others may not share the same experience that I do.

But I think, that is probably the only possible semi-negative against the Zion when compared to the Mighty imo. The same full and satisfying cloudage is certainly still achievable - although it is more technique dependant than the Mighty which anyone can chug away on without a word of instruction. Although you may find, however, that you just naturally take to the Zion first time - some of my friends somehow had a better technique on their first attempt than I did after a few weeks . . . and then there was also the opposite of this.

Compared to the Mighty I really enjoy the lack of: plastic; required cleaning; herbs cooking between hits; non-replaceable batteries; maximum 6 bowls per charge.

I love: wood; glass; on demand full convection; & (for me) 15 plus stems per charge; plus the joy of a standardised, user replaceable power source.

And that's just a few points regarding the actual vape (I'm pretty certain there are more). I shall not go into matters of price, customer service, and visible community involvement by the manufacturer themselves.

Erm, was that brief or did I get I little bit carried away?

:worms:

:D

Stay frosty y'all!
:peace:

**EDIT** Oh, & did I mention that all of my experiences so far are taken from a beta model Zion only? So, due to various improvements implemeted through (amoung other things) several rounds of rigorous beta testing, experiences of the production model may vary from that which I have described here.

Last edited:

Tommy10

When is the last time anyone has looked forward to an October so much?

I gotta say, I am really thankful for the beta team here. They have done an incredible job fielding questions and have really gotten me pumped for the production Zion. Can't wait for game time.

Everything about the Zion from the start and for what I hope will be a long time has been welllll above board! No gimick marketing and other crap, just a man with an idea and a few brains to put it through the traps and tweak it. Makes purchasing something twice as easy when the companies ethics and practises are sound and pretty well in line with the general consensus and attitude of the FC family.

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
When is the last time anyone has looked forward to an October so much?

I gotta say, I am really thankful for the beta team here. They have done an incredible job fielding questions and have really gotten me pumped for the production Zion. Can't wait for game time.

I agree completely. The whole process behind the Zion has impressed me to no end. I'm trying not to get off the hook excited until it's in my hands, but I have some serious anticipation going. I keep looking at new glass pieces and this thread way to often.

@Tommy10 you nailed it. I don't like preordering things, especially watching other companies handle their preorders. But I had no problem getting on board with RBT. The community vibe makes me want to see them succeed. Every time I mention the Zion to a newbie I feel like I am helping myself AND RBT. If this works as well as the beta team claims, and it certainly seems it does, I plan on being a customer for a long time. The more people that I can inform, the more they take in for r&d which equals better products for us.

Last edited:

Tommy10

All comes down to how you want to treat you customers, make up dates and false hopes and treat them like idiots and you won't get far! Respect them, involve them and keep them in the loop with realistic targets who's not going to want in!?
I think the way the Zion and vapcap realese have been handled is a indicator of not only the manufactures involved but also the fc community!
I really hope other inovative manufactures choose fc as a launching pad!
Waiting patiently for october I really want to see a heap more user videos!!
I'd imagine once draw speed is down, this thing wouldn't have any problem milking a 12-18inch bong?

Top Bottom