Discontinued Zion vaporizer

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
All, thanks for allowing us to stay focused. Just wanted to do remind everyone that the $199 lifetime warranty special ends in just a week. To have some fun this last week VnV has graciously agreed to run a little contest. VnV will give out clues each day to lead you to one of his fabulous photographs. The clue will not be terribly hard it will just take some searching. Once you found the clue PM the message number to VnV. On October 1st anyone that has all 7 clues will be notified and we will do a drawing and the winner will receive a free Zion including batteries and a charger.

I also wanted to give a quick status update and thank everyone for respecting our "lights out" period as we complete the first production run of Zions.

In short, the Z-Team did such an amazing job thinking of every last detail so no major surprises where expected. We have, however added a ton of manufacturing operations and improvements to our processes to enable us to achieve the level of quality and craftsmanship that the Z-Team really wanted. In short, it required a 5-axis Hass machining center that rings in at about $150k (video to follow) in addition to a host of sanding and planing operations to achieve the desired result... but I do have to say imho it is nearly perfect (pics and videos should start to emerge this weekend)

Rather than putting in a low cost fuse we opted to use a P-FET to protect the unit against reverse polarity. this is a rather large chip so we had to rewire the electronics to fit it in but in the end it really packaged well. This added protection is in addition to the existing over temperature and over current protection. I am happy to say you may now put the batteries in anyway you want and you won't hurt the unit but you have to put them in the right way for it to work :)

The shipment of batteries and chargers are in and we will be listing the additional chargers and Samsung batteries on our site soon. We will be charging / testing all of our batteries and supplying them in colorful 2 and 4 battery plastic cases.

Things are really coming together with the first production Zion coming to life today and the supply chain filling the pipeline. The parts for the initial 50 are in hand and 200 units are working their way through the CNC to finish sanding next week. It's funny how the saying "hard work pays off" really does apply.

Special thanks to all the men and women that helped to pull this thing off... you know who you are ;)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
:clap:
exciting-things-are-happening.gif

:clap:

:cool:

:peace:

Last edited:

Likes2vape

Things are really coming together with the first production Zion coming to life today and the supply chain filling the pipeline. The parts for the initial 50 are in hand and 200 units are working their way through the CNC to finish sanding next week. It's funny how the saying "hard work pays off" really does apply.

Congratulations!!! Freaking Sweet!!!! Best news all week.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
All, thanks for allowing us to stay focused. Just wanted to do remind everyone that the $199 lifetime warranty special ends in just a week. To have some fun this last week VnV has graciously agreed to run a little contest. VnV will give out clues each day to lead you to one of his fabulous photographs. The clue will not be terribly hard it will just take some searching. Once you found the clue PM the message number to VnV. On October 1st anyone that has all 7 clues will be notified and we will do a drawing and the winner will receive a free Zion including batteries and a charger.

I also wanted to give a quick status update and thank everyone for respecting our "lights out" period as we complete the first production run of Zions.

In short, the Z-Team did such an amazing job thinking of every last detail so no major surprises where expected. We have, however added a ton of manufacturing operations and improvements to our processes to enable us to achieve the level of quality and craftsmanship that the Z-Team really wanted. In short, it required a 5-axis Hass machining center that rings in at about $150k (video to follow) in addition to a host of sanding and planing operations to achieve the desired result... but I do have to say imho it is nearly perfect (pics and videos should start to emerge this weekend)

Rather than putting in a low cost fuse we opted to use a P-FET to protect the unit against reverse polarity. this is a rather large chip so we had to rewire the electronics to fit it in but in the end it really packaged well. This added protection is in addition to the existing over temperature and over current protection. I am happy to say you may now put the batteries in anyway you want and you won't hurt the unit but you have to put them in the right way for it to work :)

The shipment of batteries and chargers are in and we will be listing the additional chargers and Samsung batteries on our site soon. We will be charging / testing all of our batteries and supplying them in colorful 2 and 4 battery plastic cases.

Special thanks to all the men and women that helped to pull this thing off... you know who you are ;)

Great Job!
Clues will be posted here, or is the above VnV pic "the" clue?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey, I'm really sorry guys, but we need to stop the contest for the moment.

I really should've reminded myself of the FC rules before kicking it off because unfortunately it seems we can't really run a competition from the main thread. Makes sense really I guess!

So you will see that all the content has been moved, but it is all safe. We will try and work things out and I will update you all as soon as I have anymore information.

Thank you for all of your participation so far, and again, apologies folks.

MuchLove
:peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
All very exciting. Love the pics of the assembly equipment. Would love to watch the process, especially when it is all worked out and in full production mode.

Folks, these babies are on the way. Can you taste them yet? Just so you know, they taste gooooooooood. :)

Lifetime warranties and special price are going away in a short time. You're gonna get one anyway, why not get one while the getting is good?

You're right, the getting will still be good, but you know what I mean. :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@namasteIII all the RBT threads have a very good open vibe about them.
It's an on demand convection device. Sound familiar. Lots of differences tho.
Sustainable body material coupled with industry proven internals all wrapped around RBT's patented heater technology. Using readily available batteries for great run times.
I don't know about the boxes as of yet.
RBT put together a Beta team who tested and suggested and proved that this vape would do the job he knew it could.
Bad points.
It's a little awkward to use if you have long nails.
If you leave the stem in and drop it after being awake for more than 30 hours because your so fukin excited your Zion has arrived as promised it will break.
You may not be able to put it down when you have one and your other vapes may collect dust.
Not much else to say really other than welcome to the happy thread.:)

Last edited:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@namasteIII This is the time to join, with the cheaper price and lifetime warranty, you should really consider the Zion. To be fair, these are two completely different approaches to bringing a product to market, and hard to compare. I agree with @phattpiggie, the open vibe is just great in the RBT threads. I've followed the other vaporizer for awhile, and will get one at some point, but the Zion, RBT, and truly the whole beta team, completely sold me on this project.

namasteIII

@namasteIII This is the time to join, with the cheaper price and lifetime warranty, you should really consider the Zion.
I'm certainly interested but I need more information. How does it work exactly, I've seen pictures and tried to make sense of it but still have questions. Where do you load the herbs? is there storage for the stem within the unit? I know my wallet will hates me for saying this but, convince me to buy this thing.

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I'm not a beta tester and I'll leave specifics up to them. What really drew me to the Zion was the instant on heat (or nearly so), battery power with common 18650 batteries, and using 18mm glass as the chamber you pack. I really like the 18mm female glass inside the Zion as it will allow for easy connection to a variety of other pieces. I love my E-Nano and don't think I'll sell it, but the Zion may very well become my daily driver if the reports from the beta team are any indication.

Edit to add: you load the 18.8mm male stem then slide the stem into the female glass receiver in the Zion. Choose your heat setting, hold down the button (for a few extra seconds the first time apparently) and you are good to go.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Zion is stem based. The bottom of the stem gets a screen and becomes the bowl, similar to some other vapes out there. There is a wood cap and the standard stem is stored in the vape covered with the cap. Cap is held on by strong magnets, as is the battery compartment door.

This thread is chock full of vids, stills, and descriptions, but ask away and we will embellish <g> where necessary. :)

I have really never seen such a committed group of beta testers. We REALLY do all love this vape. And, while we all love it, we all use it differently. Very flexible and solid vapor producer.

Added: this is a link to stills on the site. http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/zion-beta-unit-1 The betas we are using are very similar, some different knobs and buttons. We are waiting with you to see an actual production model. It will be cleaner prettier, and feature complete, but you can see here how the stem and cap system work.
(I didn't mean to imply that you aren't pretty, Venus. You are a beauty... )

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Material to be consumed goes in the glass stem shown. Glass stem is inserted into the unit's heater port. Set dial to desired power level. Push button (for my dial is set high >80%) 3ish second preheat. Then Steamboat Loki is in full effect.
1Fq3w21.jpg

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Oh so that's how the chamber looks :p

So when you stick the stem in, is it just barely touching the heaters screen?

Was also curious how the warranty process will work for all the life-timers.

One more thing, are the production models going to have the green glass?

hweezi,
Reactions: DieHard

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker

Was also curious how the warranty process will work for all the life-timers?
That screen is just below the seated stem. I hear that below that screen is another stiffer coarser screen.:cool:

And, just under that, there's a ...whole bunch of Zion RBT Magic going on in there. The screen is not the heater!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Was also curious how the warranty process will work for all the life-timers.

One more thing, are the production models going to have the green glass?

The chamber can also be shallower, if you insert the screen in the reverse direction to be a basket Underdog style vs flat E-Nano style like DieHard's pic. Both work though clearly, immense variety of load options.

Yeah basically that's where it sits, US 18mm, so ISO is a little too long and would touch the screen, though it could work too.

I believe clear glass will be standard, but they could be random as ours have been, some with green some with clear, who knows what else. I believe there will eventually be an option on the site down the line, but definitely different color stems will be available on the site too, for more than the clear costs I think.

And regarding warranty, likely direct with RBT at first, then I believe the plan is for forms on the website that direct all claims to the right place so they are handled well and quick.

fyx

I've preordered the Zion along with 2 sets of batteries and a charger. I'm now interested in adding the long Glass Stem they have on the site, but don't want to pay $12 shipping just for that... Is there a way to add it to my preorder? If so, who/how do I get in touch?

Top Bottom