Zephyr Ion

neopagan

I heard back from them today.

They said that they can send me a new heating element in the mail free of charge (because of the warranty) and that it would be easy to install. That's amazing customer service!

The only thing i am worried about it is that what if the shut off or something for the heat does not work. and that's is why it kept getting hottter and hotter. But I will call their place that fixes them tmr after I speak to the owner of the store i purchased it at.

I would much rather return the item and buy it at a different store, or get the people at the store to get another unit in and do an exchange.

What do you think I should do? It really sucks I bought this thing and I will not be able to use it for a few weeks, that's why I just want to return it and buy it at a different store.

@TeeJay1952 - I live in Canada but the law here is the same. I checked the consumer protection act (in canada) And it says a store is legally required to take back defective product. If they want to keep their business licences and not face fines, they have to do it..

It's a small store, the people there are nice.. I think they just want to give me the burden because they probably can't afford it.. but still, that's not my problem. And I am sure they will get their money back. It's just I don't want to have to wait such a long time to get this unit.. . like it's just not fair. and just does not seem right.

The owner of the store is there tomorrow so I will go there and talk to him.

neopagan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I think that #1 priority is giving the store information to Zephyr.
I am all for messing up their working relationship with Zephyr.
The fuckers want to play dumb about helping you, then "ratting them out" to Zephyr to harm their future relationship is in order.
other than that, you are on right track.
Do talk with store owner!

neopagan

I talked to Zaphry again today, They said they can fix it free of charge but if I want to, the store should be exchanging it. That the warranty is ideally for if the product breaks over time (but they said if the store is refusing to help me they will)

I am very upset because the store owner said he would exchange it, then the manager of the store says that they refuse to exchange it. So I didn't really know what was going on.

I emailed the manager of the mall. He contacted the store owner and I was told that he had ordered me a new unit.. so hopefully it arrives soon.

Im still upset about the manager of the store. He was being a total a$$hole to me yesterday. He was like "if you buy a bong and it does not work you can't return it" (not sure how a bong could be defective, but whatever)

The manager also said because it is "drugs" that i can't exchange it.. it's not "drugs"

if the owner of the store helps me i will be really happy.. maybe he can throw in some extra bags because of the trouble. we shall see :-)

Hopefully this wil be fixed soon, (another reason why I want the store to exchange it) I bought this so I can use it, not so I can be stressing about this all summer

neopagan,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
None of the Headshops around here will take a return for any reason.

ALL SALES FINAL is the standard fare here. Somehow the Law says they can sell a bong(as long as they call it a "water Pipe")or a vape, But it is actually illegal to buy it retail. Which leaves the buyer with no recourse of action but the manufacturers warranty.

Glad to see Zephyr step up to the plate and take care of ya.

RUDE BOY,

Vitolo

Vaporist
All sales are final, but there are conditions.... for this situation for an example.
A non functioning unit requires owner attention and resolution.
The manager was an asshole, because he is full of himself... self importance over his power and his authority.
"Easy there big fellow.. you are not a restaurant owner... you are manager of a local head shop!"

neopagan

store is exchanging the unit.. will take a few days for a new unit to arrive.. a lot better than me having to ship this thing across the country and hope no further damages happen to it..
or having to ship parts back and forth.. i have no idea how to solder so I wouldn't know what to do lol

If the unit is defective i am not sure what they do.. but they can send it back to the manufacturer and get a new one..

like what if this machine has other problems? WHy should i have plagued by problems? if the manufactuter won't take it back from the store, that's something they have to work out..

if i made my own vaporizer and there were defects (it's impossible to have none - but they should all be tested before they send it to stores.. im sure there are too.. it's just.. having the problem fall on someone who just pay $400+ for it is not fair.

neopagan,

neopagan

zephyr also recommended that i go through the store as well. they said I can go through them but the store should be exchanging it and sending it back. they are able to..

this whole thing has been a nightmare, weed is supposed to relax me lol.

neopagan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
No more predicting the future.
time to relax now.
You got a unit that was likely returned once previously, and the owner took care of biz.
this will be fine.
Sorry that you were made to wait.:(

Vitolo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
most of the head shops deal with distributors like GotVape and VapeWorld. These distributors usually have liberal return programs, so it is easy for them to replace it for you. Also, the Ion has been out for years and I know I have seen some units in head shops that were definitely from older supply. I would think your replacement unit will be fine and, if not, then zephyr should be plenty happy to get you one straight from the factory.

You can still combust in the interim for the relaxation you seek...it's the plant that is the hero here!

neopagan

i deleted those posts lol..

I was just really upset.

I wish i lived in Toronto, places like toronto hemp company are so amazing. They are in it for the love not for a quick buck..

neopagan,

neopagan

k well i guess i will just go throuhg zephyr to get it fixed, the guy at the store is being a total prick.

i think they are just screwing me around..

They keep saying it will come in tomorrow. tomorrow comes and its' not here.. i end up waiting around my house for them to call me..

he said he was going to call UPS to get it tracked, he didn't.. I asked him again this morning he said he would and he didn.t

do you think they are just messing with me?

neopagan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
BUT.... these tomorrows do not yet add up to an order coming in to a shop necessarily...
you could call zephyr with headshop name and address to ask if they have shipped him one (unless he does 3rd party biz)
You are anxious.
I would be too.
Friday you were told they would get another "in a few days".. (meaning as fast as delivery can be made)
It has not yet been a week.
check back on Wednesday.
That sounds about right for a headshop.
After 2 weeks....
then they ARE messing with you.

neopagan

I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau, not sure what they can do..

but like, all this time, I could have sent it to zephyr, would have cost me a lot in shippinh but at least I woulnd't be made to look like a fool from these clowns...

i am honestly really insulted they are no taking me at all seriously.

for one, the box was green (i had a feeling it was the old model but the store owner assured me it was not )

he also told me if i had any problems I could take it back.. which was another blatant lie

like this is week 2 now.. like seriously.. it's time i take some action against this crooks

he just sent me at text he would call me later.. it better not be so he coudl tell me they won't exchange it.. like they are just wasting my time

neopagan,

grokit

well-worn member
Hopefully he'll come through with some tracking information, and you'll be able to enjoy your solstice weekend with this reassurance rather than wondering wtf is going on.
If he does, get the tracking number from him so you can keep track yourself :tup:

neopagan

guy called me and told me the units are on back order and have no idea when they can get them in..

i called zephry and they told me he is lying.

Zephyr told me they would pay for all the shipping for the unit to get it fixed.. I asked if they can send me extra bags + supplies instead of a cheque to cover the shipping. They said they would.

I will just do that then! :-)

Seriously fuck this store lol

neopagan

has anyone shipped one before how did you do it?

I was thinking of finding some bubble wrap and wrapping it up.. and putting in some kind of box, not sure what kind of box?

neopagan,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
do you have the box it came in?

Ask Zephyr how to pack it. They gave me some pointers when I sent mine in for warranty work.

stickstones,
Reactions: grokit

neopagan

so since that store screwed me around, zephyr offered to help me..

it took a while because their place to fix them in Canada has to order parts from Zepyr. Which is fine.

they tried to fix it, but they could not.. so they sent me a new one..

a long with a bunch of extra bags, twist ties. and some twizzlers haha :-)

neopagan

thanks but i seem to be having problems with this unit as well..

does it ever flash green for you people? that's what happened to the last one before it went kaput.. so now i just turn it off, turn it back in. turn it off. unplug it.. and keep doing that unti it stops flashing green..

like it goes from flashing red to flashing green..

i hope this one isn't defective as well

the last unit i had, the person who was fixing it, said she replaced the unit on that one and then tested it out, and it did the same thing, overheated until it burned..

so they gave me a new unit.. i hope that this one is not doing the same thing.. :-(

neopagan,
Top Bottom