Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

karmakid64

I don't like QDC / coils and only use ceramic doughnut atomisers. I can taste metal / wick no matter how low the temp / watts on wick / coil type atomisers.

And I've tried a few, not just Yocan ones, so no accounting for taste I guess.
My first two QDC's supplied with the Evolve+ where great and had no aftertaste. the 5 pack QDC I got from ebay have a bad aftertaste. I have one donut coil I ordered direct from yocanUSA and it works great!

Q: Where are you guys getting your donut coils from???

karmakid64

How long do donut coils last? How do I Clean it?
I cleaned it with iso but the donut still looks black with residue it still hits very well I'm using it at 18w right now. I really appreciate all the help you guys rock!

karmakid64,
Reactions: Genki88

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
How long do donut coils last? How do I Clean it?
Cotton bud and ISO is how I do it, and also a little heat and a dry cotton bud.

Be careful as you can kill a doughnut very easily, and so far with 5 atomisers @ £2.00 an atomiser, I haven't even bothered cleaning mine. I just buy new ones!

I broke the halo atomiser in my Dr Dabber Aurora trying to clean it, and they are > £20.00 each to replace, so have thrown my Dr Dabber away!

That's why I have started using Divine Tribe's new V3 atomiser as the doughnuts are user rebuildable, making cleaning and replacing much easier and cheaper!

zor

Since I have 2 of each coil type, I cycle through them. That is, when one gets gunked up I drop it in a small mason jar of 195 proof everclear (ethanol). I'll let it soak until I on my fourth and last coil, after which I simply take the coil out of the everclear and rinse it under running water for about a minute. Sometimes I'll take a q-tip soaked in everclear to scrub a stubborn stain from the ceramic coil but usually it all comes out very cleanly. I do not touch the QDC at all.

So far so good!

karmakid64

Here is Yocan's reply to my inquiry about my defective battery issue. :/

Thank you
I think you should do more about all the counterfeit and defective products you speak of. All the youtube reviewers that you sent product for review link ebay sellers as their go to for these devices. All ebay sellers claim authentic and the few retailers you provided I’ve never even heard of. I would have ordered direct or from one of them if I had knew they existed.

On Nov 19, 2016, at 11:06 PM, sales@yocanusa.com wrote:

Hey Rey,

I apologize for the delay, Mark took another position im trying to pick up where he left off. We do not cover ebay transactions.

Unfortunately many Ebay vaping product are counterfeit or refurbished and used product repackaged and sold as new. While these products do not come with a manufacturer warranty, in most cases ebay will let you dispute a purchase for up to 90 days if a product is defective or counterfeit.
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Does-a-Manu...an-Anything-on-EBay-/10000000178951480/g.html

We are happy to provide you with a list of authorized retailers at the link below.
https://www.yocanusa.com/pages/official-yocan-usa-contact-info

I know this can be frustrating and we want to earn your business. Use checkout code Yocan20 for 20% off your next purchase of genuine Yocan products from YocanUSA.com

waxdab23

Here is Yocan's reply to my inquiry about my defective battery issue. :/

Thank you
I think you should do more about all the counterfeit and defective products you speak of. All the youtube reviewers that you sent product for review link ebay sellers as their go to for these devices. All ebay sellers claim authentic and the few retailers you provided I’ve never even heard of. I would have ordered direct or from one of them if I had knew they existed.

On Nov 19, 2016, at 11:06 PM, sales@yocanusa.com wrote:

Hey Rey,

I apologize for the delay, Mark took another position im trying to pick up where he left off. We do not cover ebay transactions.

Unfortunately many Ebay vaping product are counterfeit or refurbished and used product repackaged and sold as new. While these products do not come with a manufacturer warranty, in most cases ebay will let you dispute a purchase for up to 90 days if a product is defective or counterfeit.
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Does-a-Manu...an-Anything-on-EBay-/10000000178951480/g.html

We are happy to provide you with a list of authorized retailers at the link below.
https://www.yocanusa.com/pages/official-yocan-usa-contact-info

I know this can be frustrating and we want to earn your business. Use checkout code Yocan20 for 20% off your next purchase of genuine Yocan products from YocanUSA.com

Interesting, I didn't think anyone would be producing clones of a device that's already soooo cheap. Weird.

karmakid64

Cotton bud and ISO is how I do it, and also a little heat and a dry cotton bud.

Be careful as you can kill a doughnut very easily, and so far with 5 atomisers @ £2.00 an atomiser, I haven't even bothered cleaning mine. I just buy new ones!

I broke the halo atomiser in my Dr Dabber Aurora trying to clean it, and they are > £20.00 each to replace, so have thrown my Dr Dabber away!

That's why I have started using Divine Tribe's new V3 atomiser as the doughnuts are user rebuildable, making cleaning and replacing much easier and cheaper!

Ok cool! When I clean the donut should it come clean back to white ceramic? my ceramic donut disc stays black even tho' I Clean it with the cotton and iso like you said

karmakid64,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
A few good long burn offs should get it back white after a really good cleaning/soaking in ISO. Not real white and after time they do stain making them darker.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
You will never get it 'new' white, but it should get pretty clean.

You could try one of those magic sponges (I use them to clean my DaVinci Ascent oven), which will help with abrasion, but be gentle, you don't want to remove the ceramic coating.

danald2000

I have had my evolve plus for about two weeks now and i was loving it, so powerful and portable and cheap, but sadly the battery died on me two days ago. I have used the pen lightly, as I am more a fan of micro dosing, and have probably put only .5 grams of wax through the qdc coils. This Sunday when I went to take some hits the light on the button wouldn't turn on and I couldn't get either of my coils (one unused) to fire. I have charged my battery substantially since then, but it still won't work. When I am charging it the red charging light will come on but I can not get the battery to turn on or fire.

I love the idea and technology behind this pen but am saddened that the battery was not reliable. I contacted @Yocantech the other day and have yet to get a response. I posted to here to voice my experience with the battery and to also ask if anyone has any ideas if there are any quick fixes I could make. I know that I can get any cheap ego battery at a vape store but I loved the convienice of having my oil with me always and the form factor that the stock battery provided. Any tips you guys might have would be much appreciated and I hope to hear back yocan soon.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@danald2000 Remember the Yocan atomiser is a standard 510 threaded so can be attached to normal 510 threaded box mods.

And believe me, when you replace the Yocan battery with a decent box mod and start playing with TCR or wattage settings, you will enjoy the Yocan even more, as I found the supplied pen battery was not a good way to enjoy the Yocan doughnuts as it tasted burnt.

Edit: @ataxian Great news just in from China....

I received my Yocan doughnuts today from that aliexpress link I gave you, ok took 30 days from date of order to get to UK, but I just went to the Yocan website, put the code in after scratching the security coating and bingo - they are genuine....

5JN89P4.png

Last edited:

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I strongly disagree. You can definitely run the donut with temp control. Set m1 value to 235 and set temp control to 350 at 18w. I promise you it works. Best flavor and cloud combo out there. Try it before you deny it.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I just found the perfect partner to pimp my Yocan...

bofNU4o.jpg

Using the Dab Storm 2.0 box mod in 'Joule Mode' with Ni=200, 200F and 2.5J , the taste is amazing, I get decent enough clouds and the flavour remains for each draw.

The form factor is nice, fitting snugly in the hand for discrete rips and with the anti-drip cap I can be sure my pocket isn't going to fill up with gunk when out and about.

karmakid64

I have had my evolve plus for about two weeks now and i was loving it, so powerful and portable and cheap, but sadly the battery died on me two days ago. I have used the pen lightly, as I am more a fan of micro dosing, and have probably put only .5 grams of wax through the qdc coils. This Sunday when I went to take some hits the light on the button wouldn't turn on and I couldn't get either of my coils (one unused) to fire. I have charged my battery substantially since then, but it still won't work. When I am charging it the red charging light will come on but I can not get the battery to turn on or fire.

I love the idea and technology behind this pen but am saddened that the battery was not reliable. I contacted @Yocantech the other day and have yet to get a response. I posted to here to voice my experience with the battery and to also ask if anyone has any ideas if there are any quick fixes I could make. I know that I can get any cheap ego battery at a vape store but I loved the convienice of having my oil with me always and the form factor that the stock battery provided. Any tips you guys might have would be much appreciated and I hope to hear back yocan soon.

My battery lasted 2 months nut it never worked good. I just ordered a new battery from
https://www.yocanusa.com yocan said most online suppliers are not authorized I posted a reply from yocan on this thread.

karmakid64,
Reactions: ataxian

karmakid64

@danald2000 Remember the Yocan atomiser is a standard 510 threaded so can be attached to normal 510 threaded box mods.

And believe me, when you replace the Yocan battery with a decent box mod and start playing with TCR or wattage settings, you will enjoy the Yocan even more, as I found the supplied pen battery was not a good way to enjoy the Yocan doughnuts as it tasted burnt.

Edit: @ataxian Great news just in from China....

I received my Yocan doughnuts today from that aliexpress link I gave you, ok took 30 days from date of order to get to UK, but I just went to the Yocan website, put the code in after scratching the security coating and bingo - they are genuine....

5JN89P4.png
all the yocan products I bought from ebay had genuine codes also but yocan said they're probably not according to they're reply from my email its very frustrating. I just order a new battery and a dour coil from https://www.yocanusa.com

karmakid64,

karmakid64

Nice I have mine on a eleaf stick 30w

I just found the perfect partner to pimp my Yocan...

bofNU4o.jpg

Using the Dab Storm 2.0 box mod in 'Joule Mode' with Ni=200, 200F and 2.5J , the taste is amazing, I get decent enough clouds and the flavour remains for each draw.

The form factor is nice, fitting snugly in the hand for discrete rips and with the anti-drip cap I can be sure my pocket isn't going to fill up with gunk when out and about.

karmakid64,

danald2000

@karmakid64 there is a noticeable bit of shatter that has come down through the coils. I don't consider it splatter because it is below the QDC coils. Taste is less important that $ and efficiency to me; so the question I have is do the donut coils vaporize all the oil, or does some of it go below the donut coils as well? thanks

danald2000,
Top Bottom