Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

NimbusVapor

Damn , wish they would make a version that accepted the evolve plus. Is it true they use glus in the regular evolve coils?

NimbusVapor,

VAPEHUNTER

Damn , wish they would make a version that accepted the evolve plus. Is it true they use glus in the regular evolve coils?

Back on page 11 @Yocantech posted this ...

Our new coils without glue, Air inlets placed on the sides of the ceramic cup,please check the PK image:

Yocan%2BNew%2BCoils.jpg

Shieldsab

I just got the shipping notification for my silver Evolve Plus and donut atty. I have a few questions about general operation and specs.
First, on operation: If one does the 5 presses to turn the pen on, does it start heating? Or is that just an unlock type thing? Also on the subject of the button, how long is it recommended to hold before starting to hit it?
My two spec questions are: What does it need to be run through glass? Does the MP fit right into a 14 or 18 mm joint, or what? Second, what sort of specs do I need to look for if I want to get a different battery? Threading, connection method etc?

Based on this thread, I'm really looking forward to getting my Plus. It'll be my first concentrate specific vape, and my first pen style electronic.

Shieldsab,
Reactions: nosmoking

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
Congrats, @Shieldsab , it's a nice unit.

No, it only heats as you hold down the button. The 5 presses are to power-off the unit so accidental triggering doesn't heat it in your pocket. I usually hold the button for 5 or 6 seconds, drawing the whole time plus a second or two after.

To run through glass, I just use some silicon tubing to mate to a 18mm adapter.

The donut atty works like a champ on a Kanger Kbox that I got on fasttech for under $20! The 13 watt setting seems pretty optimal.

zor

Over 5 months of using my evolve plus as my daily or adjunct driver, so damn good. Battery life is top (wish it had an indicator though!) and the wax stash still makes this the best wax pen out there. I'm surprised there haven't been any copy cats....or have there? I'm about to make another post in the vaporization discussion forum because I am.sitting pretty with my vapes and can't find any reason to get another one, unless one of mine dies...

Shieldsab

Got my Evolve Plus and ceramic atty today. Really impressed by the construction. Now I'm waiting for my wax connection to come through. Also this was packaged the best of any device in its price range I've ever bought. For Canadians looking for these, TorontoHemp.com has them for the cheapest prices here, as far as my research showed. Fast shipping, helpful EMails.

Shieldsab,
Reactions: Vitolo

Shieldsab

Finally used the Evolve Plus with some Black Diamond shatter. Great device. Even less restriction than the Crafty, stayed pretty cool, tasted great. No complaints at all. For curiosity's sake at some point I'll test the QDC atty, but I'm quite content with the ceramic.

Shieldsab,

Justpassedu

How are people liking the ceramic donut coils ? i just cannot get myself to enjoy them. They take awhile to heat , almost a 10 second button press or longer and really dont provide much vapor. I have found my favorite coil so far is the 1 from the yocan cerum which is a dual quartz surrounded by ceramic bucket.

Justpassedu,

Shieldsab

How are people liking the ceramic donut coils ? i just cannot get myself to enjoy them. They take awhile to heat , almost a 10 second button press or longer and really dont provide much vapor. I have found my favorite coil so far is the 1 from the yocan cerum which is a dual quartz surrounded by ceramic bucket.
I'm not having that experience at all. The longest I held the button was about 6 seconds during a draw. And that felt like the edge of excessive. I can't say how much of a cloud I got not being able to see, but I sure got medicated. And the taste stayed good through however many draws I took. I think around 7.

Shieldsab,
Reactions: zor

Justpassedu

I'm not having that experience at all. The longest I held the button was about 6 seconds during a draw. And that felt like the edge of excessive. I can't say how much of a cloud I got not being able to see, but I sure got medicated. And the taste stayed good through however many draws I took. I think around 7.
Maybe i need to try using the donut coil on one of my mod boxes and up the voltage because i been using it on my evolve plus battery and the donut barely glows red unless i do minimum of 7 seconds of power holding the button. I do get nice taste though but in no way do the hits compare to using my dual quartz coil. The dual quartz just gives me huge easy rips in 3 seconds and i like that. I bought a 5 pack of donuts and regret it compared to the other coils.

Justpassedu,

zor

Weird, my donut tastes way better than the QDC, although it generates less visible vapor.

Why does glowing red hot matter? In my experience that is way too hot, the donut element does not need to be visibly glowing for it to be effective. After using this for so long it's abundantly clear (again, in my experience) that producing thin clouds is not at all related to the effects of said clouds. I've often wondered if blowing out large clouds of vapor from flower or concentrates is wasteful, still don't quite know the answer to that but getting wispy hits that knock me on my ass certainly suggests what you don't see can still be pretty damn powerful :)

Justpassedu

Weird, my donut tastes way better than the QDC, although it generates less visible vapor.

Why does glowing red hot matter? In my experience that is way too hot, the donut element does not need to be visibly glowing for it to be effective. After using this for so long it's abundantly clear (again, in my experience) that producing thin clouds is not at all related to the effects of said clouds. I've often wondered if blowing out large clouds of vapor from flower or concentrates is wasteful, still don't quite know the answer to that but getting wispy hits that knock me on my ass certainly suggests what you don't see can still be pretty damn powerful :)
Glowing red melts my concentrate better for me and produces a hit that medicates me way more than a comparable hit using the donut . I agree with you on taste , the donut takes the lead in that department but for me the dual quartz coil will get me where i need to be quicker and i find i use less concentrate when using it. I dont know if clouds are related to effects but effects matter to me more than the clouds and i am getting better results not using the donut. I just dont feel it melts as well and produces as well for me. Maybe my tolerance is to high for it. That's why i have found a happy medium with the cerum coils wich are dual quartz surrounded by a ceramic dish .

Justpassedu,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

Glowing red melts my concentrate better for me and produces a hit that medicates me way more than a comparable hit using the donut . I agree with you on taste , the donut takes the lead in that department but for me the dual quartz coil will get me where i need to be quicker and i find i use less concentrate when using it. I dont know if clouds are related to effects but effects matter to me more than the clouds and i am getting better results not using the donut. I just dont feel it melts as well and produces as well for me. Maybe my tolerance is to high for it. That's why i have found a happy medium with the cerum coils wich are dual quartz surrounded by a ceramic dish .

This is exactly my experience with donut coils vs exposed wire coils, whether it be Yocan, W9 or HVT.

Pretty sure that's how it was meant to be anyway - donut coils for low temp terp chasing, and exposed wire coils to punch you in the face while giving up some flavor.

Housefudge

Y'all got nutmeg?
That's why i have found a happy medium with the cerum coils wich are dual quartz surrounded by a ceramic dish .

Do the Cerum coils work with the Evolve+ ? Also, how are these different from the dual quartz that come with it? Sorry, 1 more: How much do you guys typically load with the ceramic donuts (the Evo + ones)?

Last edited:
Housefudge,

Justpassedu

Do the Cerum coils work with the Evolve+ ? Also, how are these different from the dual quartz that come with it? Sorry, 1 more: How much do you guys typically load with the ceramic donuts (the Evo + ones)?
I'd have to try and see if they fit and i don't have it with me right now but i have a feeling they prob do fit. They are basically the same as the dq but the coils are encased completely in a ceramic cup with a ceramic lid and it provides better flavor than the metal cup provides. I typically load about a bb size or two of concentrate , you can prob get away with more but i find when using more it gets messy and splashes up on the cap making me have to clean it allot quicker as apposed to when i load smaller amounts so i try to stick with less now. The good thing about the plus is it has that nice little concentrate holder built in to store more for on the go.

Justpassedu,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@Yocantech I am loving the evolve plus and the torch. I have donut coils for the evolve plus and prefer the bigger donut and qdc from the evolve plus on the torch over the smaller size that came with the torch.

Anyways after several monthes on relying on these two products for some great medical grade nug run shatters and nug run rosin I make myself I find myself wanting something closer to the dab experience...something more efficient and more effective. So I have been looking and I see a lot of similar devices adding cups/dishes and even heated sidewalls as well as the bottom. All kinds of cool things...do you have anything coming out like this in the near future?

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
@Yocantech I am loving the evolve plus and the torch.
Peace all,

Yup nosmoking I had to chime in.

Just got my Torch recently and it is *the* go to (used my pen-based full metal hitter one morning because I forgot to charge my Torch).

I'll be getting a second one for backup after I get some better glass first (using a small, donated single-honeycomb bubbler right now).

But Yocan has me. I'm just piss happy with it. Will be looking into their portable pens.

:tup:

Peace and good things to everyone.

OldOyler,
Reactions: nosmoking

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Peace all,

Yup nosmoking I had to chime in.

Just got my Torch recently and it is *the* go to (used my pen-based full metal hitter one morning because I forgot to charge my Torch).

I'll be getting a second one for backup after I get some better glass first (using a small, donated single-honeycomb bubbler right now).

But Yocan has me. I'm just piss happy with it. Will be looking into their portable pens.

:tup:

Peace and good things to everyone.
If you don't have an Evolve Plus, you should get one. They are easy to use and taste is pretty good. I thought about getting a back-up Torch, but then I realized I can just remove the mouthpiece on the Evolve Plus and insert the device coil-cap in to my 14mm female water devices and it works just great! The main difference between the use of the two is the button. On the torch you push the button once and get 10 seconds of heat. On the Evolve Plus, you are in complete control by how long you push the button.

After several months, these two devices have completely dominated my arsenal, however I still prefer the effect and efficiency of a dab on a hot titanium nail. I only have a torch, quartz nail and titanium nail with a ceramic dab cap to dab from so I don't know much about dabbing and have little to compare to, but I am tired of the torch, don't want to be plugged in by a cord and seek to deliver a mass amount of medicine in a very short period of time. I see the portable e-nails and portable e-rigs and they get my interest, but if @Yocantech was making something it would probably have already had my money!

Housefudge

Y'all got nutmeg?
X-posted from r/waxpen:
Has anyone else experienced this? I just recently got a Yocan Evolve Plus with some ceramic donuts. Every time I use one of the donuts, I get a headache (which is NOT the case with the quartz coils). Earlier this year, I noticed getting headaches after using a Lynx Hypnos Zero pen with a ceramic donut of the same style. I have ceased using the ceramic donuts.

zor

X-posted from r/waxpen:
Has anyone else experienced this? I just recently got a Yocan Evolve Plus with some ceramic donuts. Every time I use one of the donuts, I get a headache (which is NOT the case with the quartz coils). Earlier this year, I noticed getting headaches after using a Lynx Hypnos Zero pen with a ceramic donut of the same style. I have ceased using the ceramic donuts.

Nope, no headaches here unless I'm tired or dehydrated.

zor,

Justpassedu

X-posted from r/waxpen:
I have got headaches and i can say it is def not from the devices , its the quality of your concentrate and can sometimes happen if you are dry hitting the pen when your concentrate is pretty much finished . I have got some really bad stuff in the past that every hit i took i got a headache from it , upgraded to some better quality right after and 0 problems.

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Hey guys, just letting you know how to unleash your evolve plus.
Get a joytech eVic vtwo mini, It needs (1) 18650 battery. Unscrew the top half of your evolve and screw it on to the eVic. You now have a temp controlled ceramic donut atty that you can get hot immediately and not burn anything!! You choose what temp you want and it'll keep it there. I'm in love!
Dial a hit. From super tasty to super huge.

Last edited:
Soflo,
Top Bottom