Yet another all glass path question

Best truely all glass vaporizer

• Total voters
I used to be big into vapes then took a long break and recently came back to the world of green. Have owned volcano, pd, and vhw in the past. Was wondering if there's any good vapes besides the modified vhw (taking off silicone sleeve and using custom all glass+gong bowl), vapecano, or gnome that are truely all glass vapor path? I haven't tried the vapecano or gnome but it seems like a hassle and inconsistent to have to torch it like that every time so I'm leaning towards getting a vhw again.

The cloud seems really good so I hope they're working on a way to get rid of the metal greens holder.

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

mod note- General Vaporization section is not for vape specific topics. Thread moved.

tokenandswearen,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
vapecano? you mean the volcano? that has no glass in the air path. Correct me if I'm wrong but the gnome if just a tube you heat with a blow torch? good luck regulating that

The cloud is the bees knees but you won't see the mesh pots going anytime soon. They work very well.

Get on the list for the cloud, you won't regret it.

Tea Party,

SD_haze

vapecano? you mean the volcano? that has no glass in the air path. Correct me if I'm wrong but the gnome if just a tube you heat with a blow torch? good luck regulating that and not getting burned when you need to reload it.

The cloud is the bees knees but you won't see the mesh pots going anytime soon. They work very well.

Get on the list for the cloud, you won't regret it.
I think he just mixed an E and an O up

Vapocane is all-glass.

A tiny bit of stainless steel doesn't make the cloud taste any less pure, should definitely be on the poll =P

vapecano? you mean the volcano? that has no glass in the air path. Correct me if I'm wrong but the gnome if just a tube you heat with a blow torch? good luck regulating that

Yea I meant vapocane sry. I used to have a volcano but was referencing vapocane for the poll.

The cloud looks great, but I cant get past the metal mesh pot.

tokenandswearen,

SD_haze

Forgot to add FC's favorite truly all-glass vaporizer (no screen =P)

~Vapolution with the All-in-wonder bowl~
AIWxl.jpg

Not too long ago it was on sale with a massive discount for FC members (Only costing around $100?) but its been a while so that deal might have dried up.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think he means the Vapocane. It acctually uses a brass screen.

The gn0me has no screen and provides the cleanest vapor IMO.

The Vapolution with the AIW bowl is also all glass, but I find it harsh and prefer to use silicone tubing to connect to water toys. This does however take from the all glass "purity".

As TP said, the Cloud is the bees knees and the ELB in the airpath is not really noticable IME. The rips are huge and tasty.

:peace:

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
How could it provide the cleanest vapor when you can't regulate the heat, you just blast a tube with a blow torch?

Tea Party,
Thanks for all the feedback so fast. I'll check out the vapolution+allinwonder.

Is there a way to change my original poll?

tokenandswearen,

SD_haze

Yea I meant vapocane sry. I used to have a volcano but was referencing vapocane for the poll.

The cloud looks great, but I cant get past the metal mesh pot.
Don't think of it as just "metal", its stainless steel. I think of SS as the glass of metals :p

I guarentee in a blind taste test, you cant taste any difference between vapor thats passed over a small smidgen of stainless steel. There are other things that make a much bigger difference in the overall "flavor experience of a rip", like Tea Party just mentioned having a highly regulated temperature makes a big difference.

One other thing that affects flavor is simply how much herb is loaded at once. With the gnome, you cant fit too much in there. With the Cloud & VHW, you're able to add more bud to get even a stronger initial flavor rip (while setting the vape for a consistent, low temperature output throughout the entire inhalation)

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How could it provide the cleanest vapor when you can't regulate the heat, you just blast a tube with a blow torch?
Yeah... pretty much.

Here's a recent video I did playing with mine...
It's pretty fun, actually...

Stu,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
different strokes I guess. I can't see myself preferring anything over the cloud.

-ease of use
- low profile
-such large rips

Tea Party,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree with you TP. Nothing can really compete with the Cloud. But for those who can't yet get one, and like the idea of all glass, I think it's a viable option.

Man wish I could try a cloud back to back with a vhw+custom bowl. Has anyone tried them both? Vhw is a whole nother beast with a better bowl.

My old bowl had the ice pinch style base for better air flow and fit about a gram lightly packed to the rim so I usually filled about 2/3 way and got thick ass rips around 370F.

Stu do you know how much the gnome would be shipped for a 14mil gong? I tried emailing them about a week ago with no response cause I wasn't sure which setup I'd need. Stoned or dumb, maybe both, couldn't figure it out. (gong cone + water adapter?!)

Maybe hangin out with the cheaper gn0me till I could get a cloud is the smart way to go, if the cloud is that much better than a vhw.

tokenandswearen,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
If you haven't pre ordered the cloud, go get on the list. You will not regret it. I had huge expectations for my mine and had it not met ( really it greatly blew my expectations out of the water) my expectations I would have sold it.

P.S. I'm not getting rid of it.

Tea Party,

SD_haze

Man wish I could try a cloud back to back with a vhw+custom bowl. Has anyone tried them both? Vhw is a whole nother beast with a better bowl.

My old bowl had the ice pinch style base for better air flow and fit about a gram lightly packed to the rim so I usually filled about 2/3 way and got thick ass rips around 370F.

Stu do you know how much the gnome would be shipped for a 14mil gong? I tried emailing them about a week ago with no response cause I wasn't sure which setup I'd need. Stoned or dumb, maybe both, couldn't figure it out. (gong cone + water adapter?!)

Maybe hangin out with the cheaper gn0me till I could get a cloud is the smart way to go, if the cloud is that much better than a vhw.

The first post of the Gnome thread has pricing information, but since he's been so busy it might not be 100% accurate.

There it says $50 for a GonG gnome.
EDIT: + the adapter :razz:

Definitely an awesome price for all-glass vapor-bonging

SD_haze,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The GonG Gnome (now known as Cone Gnome) still needs the WPA to work with a GonG joint.

It comes with a Heat exchanger (with a 14mm female joint) and a mouthpiece (with a 14mm male joint)
The bud is placed on "ice pinches" that are in the mouthpiece, just behind the GonG Joint.
To use it with a bong/bubbler, you need the WPA, which has a 14mm male joint (like the regular mouthpiece, with the "ice pinches" behind it) and either a 14 or 18mm joint (based on your order) to go into your bong/bubbler.
(I'm sure you could MacGuyver something up without the WPA, but I digress)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: SD_haze

weedemon

enthusiast
i heard that the VHW gets the slight nod for flavour but it also requires a bigger bowl of herbs to pull it off. so i think that negates the flavour claim.

I also found the ELB being in there a bitter pill to swallow. but honestly. if i was offered a quarter of the best weed I have ever had and any vape of my choosing for my cloud i would still decline!

the cloud is seriously that much better than everything i have tried. my home vape search is over. only a portable is left to be desired for me.

weedemon,
Reactions: t-dub
The GonG Gnome (now known as Cone Gnome) still needs the WPA to work with a GonG joint.

It comes with a Heat exchanger (with a 14mm female joint) and a mouthpiece (with a 14mm male joint)
The bud is placed on "ice pinches" that are in the mouthpiece, just behind the GonG Joint.
To use it with a bong/bubbler, you need the WPA, which has a 14mm male joint (like the regular mouthpiece, with the "ice pinches" behind it) and either a 14 or 18mm joint (based on your order) to go into your bong/bubbler.
(I'm sure you could MacGuyver something up without the WPA, but I digress)

Thanks for clarifying Frederick

Are these estimates correct then? [none of them include shipping/tax]

80 total for the gn0me (50 for gong cone + 30 for wpa).
145 total for allinwonder (125 for basic vapolution 2.0 + 20 for alinwonder)
250 total for vhw (200 for vhw, 50 for custom slide)
450 total for cloud (cloud+hydratube)

If I got the cloud I'd have to get the gn0me too since we have no idea how long the wait for a vxc will be. 530 all together is a pretty penny :\ I'll keep reading the allinwonder and gn0me threads for a while and ponder.

tokenandswearen,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you have the funds and want to wait a long time, get the Cloud.

If not, get the VHW.

No matter what you do, get the Gn0me. For less that 50USD for the GonG Version aka "Cone" or less than 30USD for the Gn0me Classic, it can't be beat!

And get a glass piece to use with the vhw and/or Gn0me.

The torch is no hassle at all, people talk like you have a flame thrower in your hand and are about to run the house down.. It is just a lighter! Check dealextreme for some sweet deals on lighters.

vorrange,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If you want the best taste for the money forget about the cloud and get the vivape. The only vaporizer that is using a glass heating element, as far as taste and efficiency it is the best vaporizer I have owned and cheaper than the cloud with the 50$ rebate. Add the aqua vape or bubbler and its just like the cloud with better taste. Oh and it can fill balloons too!

Mynameismud,
Top Bottom