Yet another all glass path question

Best truely all glass vaporizer

• Total voters

max

Out to lunch
Stu said:
The Vapolution with the AIW bowl is also all glass, but I find it harsh
That's because you let the temp get too high, which is easy with the Vapo. I've got years of experience with this model, and if you're careful the hits are as smooth and mild as the fixed temp CRZ (same top loading design, just easier to overheat with the herb deep in the Vapo bowl). There's nothing whatsoever to make the Vapo hits harsh except the temp, which can be controlled.

Tea Party said:
Balloons are for people who like stale smoke.
A lot of people like the bag fill method just for convenience, and I think you mean vapor, not smoke. OTOH I don't see why anyone looking for all glass vapor path would consider drawing vapor from a plastic bag.

If your taste is refined enough to appreciate and detect ALL GLASS, the options are limited. If taste isn't driving the decision, IMO it's silly to avoid stainless steel. And in a double blind taste test, I'd bet that most people who claim they can taste a ss bowl, really can't.

max,

weedemon

enthusiast
first time I've heard of a bag vape being said to be the best for taste. can't knock it till iv'e tried it though I guess right?

weedemon,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Balloons are for people who like stale smoke.

Every video I have seen is with people using a torch not a bic, big difference there.

I'll be thorough then: torch lighter. What i mean is that you can get a torch the size of a wine bottle with a big flame and a removable top, or you can get a smaller kitchen torch which is much more pratical and the flame is easy to manage and regulate.

If it is still to big for you, you can get a torch lighter that fits your hand..

Bottom line is: If you want an affordable vaporizer that does not compromise on taste or extraction quality, the gn0me is a very interesting option. I want one at hand, no matter which other vaporizers i get. Its easy to clean, use and it provides a great experience.

Just don't get caught up with the eventual problems a torch can bring because it will most likely bring none to the general user.

vorrange,

weedemon

enthusiast
my only beef with gn0me is it's tricky getting the heating down. and sometime you pull through bits of material. but water filtration takes care of that.

all this gnome talk has made me wanna dig mine up!

ahh lovely. if this thing didnt look like i was smoking crack it could be my on the go for now.. :(

weedemon,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That's because you let the temp get too high, which is easy with the Vapo. I've got years of experience with this model, and if you're careful the hits are as smooth and mild as the fixed temp CRZ (same top loading design, just easier to overheat with the herb deep in the Vapo bowl). There's nothing whatsoever to make the Vapo hits harsh except the temp, which can be controlled.
That may very well be the case, Max. What position on the dial do you typically use for AIW hits? I never go above 12:00 and usually have it set at 11:30 or so. Do you go as low as say 10:00 and get good vapor still?
:peace:

Stu,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
my only beef with gn0me is it's tricky getting the heating down. and sometime you pull through bits of material. but water filtration takes care of that.

all this gnome talk has made me wanna dig mine up!

ahh lovely. if this thing didnt look like i was smoking crack it could be my on the go for now.. :(

Weedemon, it takes like 30 seconds for it to be okay to put in the cover, sometimes i speed it up by blowing air into it. I agree that the bits of material are annoying, but not that much and you can always screen it. I did it once but i don't anymore, it is just easier this way.

vorrange,

weedemon

enthusiast
oh yes, i am nice and medicated right now thx to my gn0me! i didn't burn it and it tasted great! but im jsut saying it's not without it downsides.

and i think the learning curve for heating is a big one at first. could even put people off if they get a lung buster that tastes bad.

weedemon,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
oh yes, i am nice and medicated right now thx to my gn0me! i didn't burn it and it tasted great! but im jsut saying it's not without it downsides.

and i think the learning curve for heating is a big one at first. could even put people off if they get a lung buster that tastes bad.

I'm not saying it does not have its downsides. But considering the upsides, and the price tag, they are easily forgetable.

The learning curve should not be an issue when buying a vaporizer.. unless it is really hard to get it right, or the vaporizer is intended mostly for a party where there are many people who don't know, i think there are much more important factors to weigh in.

And one thing is a difficult learning curve and another thing is just learning the proper technique for the vaporizer in question.
I think the gn0me has a proper technique which is easily mastered, that is all.:2c:

vorrange,

Nycdeisel

same shit.

This sounded pretty disrespectful.

But funny, I was just going through the process of learning how to use the gnome.
It really isnt hard at all to go too hot and burn it or come close to doing so, but keep using it and you will learn to use it.
I can get some really fat, tasty rips off the gnome through a glass water pipe. without going too hot. For the price it really cant be beat

weedemon

enthusiast
so I was in a rush and decided i didn't have time to wait for my cloud so i fired up the gn0me.

i used my plumbers torch instead of my smaller hand torch and it heats up so much faster than my little one can. for the first rip i didn't heat it enough. It tasted nice. really nice, but it didn't feel like it was gonna do much... i was afraid to heat it up too quicky with such a big torch... so then i did a 2nd rip. well i over heated it this time lol! thank fuck it was through a bong so it made it a little less killer. but im still hurting from it and that was 20 min ago.

im rocked off of "two" (it's really only one monster rip) hits too mind you (that's pretty rare). but haha i'm having trouble breathing still

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

I get that too weedemon its easy to take some real killer hits. and just one or two big ones can do it! :nod:

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Weedemon, did you combust or just get too many vapors attacking you simultaneously?

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
didn't combust! it just kicked my ass and was harsh! higher than i would normally go temp wise had i known i made it so damn hot!

weedemon,
I do already have a torch for my oil rig setup and a 14mil gong bong which is what made the gn0me so appealing/affordable.

I think I decided to get the gn0me for now and wait till the cloud is available as standalone for cheaper or get really lucky and they'll come up with an all glass mod. I really wanted to get the persei as well so this will save me money for that.

oil rig+gn0me at home for now, persei on the road, and save for either vhw or cloud later

weedemon

enthusiast
that sounds like a solid plan to me my friend :)

i think a way to get around the elb should be possible. moving the bowl out of the gg stem and into a little GonG add on that will serve as the bowl in between. I'm thinking tiny fritted disc as a glass screen of sorts. who knows whats around the corner.

when you order if you dont plan on doing reguarl tokes besides the bong attachment then you can save a few bucks and not get the regular mouth piece. jsut get the gong adapter, and hte gong heating section. and get a bag he sells for 5 bucks while your at it! it's handy! :p

weedemon,
Top Bottom