Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
The customer service of Ruffhouse studios is pathetic.Please do not buy from them. They are arrogant and are of no use.I lost 100$ dealing with them.
I had a positive experience. Fast shipping (to Canada), everything as ordered, latest version. I'm very satisfied with this vape!

DocGonzo

Bought one of these through Alibaba a month or two ago and am still shocked at how well it works and how solid it feels. I've been mostly using it with the portable bubbler that comes with the VC35, which I bought by itself. Great combo and this is now my goto beginner vape suggestion. I have a couple units I still prefer, but you cannot beat the Xmax for the price.

For anyone looking at picking one up, get the water pipe adapter mouthpiece. It works well for hooking up to 14mm glass, obviously, but it also works perfectly well as a glass mouthpiece.

tinasburgers

I bought my Xmax through ruff house at the end of March 2015. How can I be sure that the airway is isolated from electronics?

tinasburgers,

GEED

Gaseouser
I bought my Xmax through ruff house at the end of March 2015. How can I be sure that the airway is isolated from electronics?
Hey, just cover the airholes with some duckt tape, than blow air backwards - you should not be able to. If air still goes through it will leak through somewhere like the button - which is around the elecronics.

GEED,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
No need for ducttape, just cover and feeel, also visibly shouldn't see led in oven, or Air through usb.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: tripwire

GEED

Gaseouser
haha, I just thought it is a weird shape airhole times four to cover it with fingertips properly could be a mission :)

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
How well does this unit perform with concentrates - c02 oil, wax, shatter straight without mixing with herb?

Last edited:
notoriousLrg,

Roscoedaniels

I ordered this product from Ruffhousestudios on Friday and its still processing. Is that bad?

On a similar note, this is my first vape investment since I decided to stop smoking. Is it a good starting piece?

Roscoedaniels,

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
I ordered this product from Ruffhousestudios on Friday and its still processing. Is that bad?
On a similar note, this is my first vape investment since I decided to stop smoking. Is it a good starting piece?
You've picked a great vape to start the journey! You will be very pleased with the taste and vapor production.
My Solo doesn't get as much love since I picked mine up!
I also got mine from Ruffhouse. Yes, a little slow out the gate but ultimately arrived quickly (about a week).
I hope you picked up a charger and an extra battery. Not necessary, but always nice to have a fresh battery.
Also, disassembled, fits very nicely in this protective case. Can pick them up at Doallarama for under $3.00.
fccaselogic

Case Logic Eva Compact Digital Camera Case

Donny531

How important is an isolated airpath on a device like this? My lhs sells the astra i belive but not the xmax v2 pro or storm.

My concern is how "safe" is this device? From what i have read i dont want to inhale air that has circulated passed a battery.

Is it bad to have the air pass by just the electronics?

Is the battery in this device seperate so i would not be inhaling battery fumes?

Donny531,

Shit Snacks

How important is an isolated airpath on a device like this? My lhs sells the astra i belive but not the xmax v2 pro or storm.

My concern is how "safe" is this device? From what i have read i dont want to inhale air that has circulated passed a battery.

Is it bad to have the air pass by just the electronics?

Is the battery in this device seperate so i would not be inhaling battery fumes?

Mmm I think battery may be sealed, but electronics all open, regardless of health its poor taste, and can damage the electronics eventually as vapor coats everything since its a session device constantly cooking.

Much better to buy online either way, I'm sure your LHS would totally rip you off on an Astra purchase as well, that things worth like $10

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Donny531

Donny531

Thanks Shit Snacks for the reply. Im mostly looking for a cheap secondary vape that i can pick up today as i had to send my pax 2 in for repair and it wont even get to pax labs for another day or so. I dont have a lot of extra cash but was looking to pick up something for cheap. As far as getting ripped off the LHS i go to has pretty decent prices generally matchin or beating most online shop prices.

sidewing

My astra has been working great since the day I got it. The price has dropped below 100. I think the only way it's gonna coat electronics is if you're blowing into the unit constantly.. Not sure why you'd do that.

sidewing,

Donny531

Thanks sidewing lhs has it for $60 bucks so not to bad a price thinking about buying one...

Donny531,

Shit Snacks

My astra has been working great since the day I got it. The price has dropped below 100. I think the only way it's gonna coat electronics is if you're blowing into the unit constantly.. Not sure why you'd do that.

In my experience with the original xmax v2, and conduction session vape, is its constantly producing vapor regardless of you hitting it, and that vapor will go everywhere it can unless it's contained. Generally it would go out the mouthpiece only, but some vapes like this also leak out of the air intake, or any seems that aren't well sealed, some vapes without isolated airpaths have also been opened by members reporting vapor on the interior electronics...

Shit Snacks,

Donny531

Shit snacks im not so worried about vape resin killing the unit but more so of health risk of stuff comming off of the electronics.

Whats your opinion on that?

Sorry for thw noobish questions but i appreciate the help.

sidewing

No health risk. Soak the rubber mouth piece in ISO alcohol and rinse with warm water.. And do 1 burn off as good measure (nothing burned off on mine, the mouthpiece will taint the flavor though workout the ISO cleaning).. And the metal screen on mouth piece has 5 tiny holes that I found drilling out the 5 holes and knock the middle part between the 5 holes (but leaving enough lip so the stainless steel screen will sit in there still) makes the air flow much better and it never clogs. Those tiny holes clog and are unnecessary since there's a stainless steel screen also.

sidewing,

Shit Snacks

Shit snacks im not so worried about vape resin killing the unit but more so of health risk of stuff comming off of the electronics.

Whats your opinion on that?

Sorry for thw noobish questions but i appreciate the help.

I disagree, and would not trust it health wise personally. Maybe I'm over cautious, maybe it's fine, I just don't think it sounds safe? Knowing (or worse, not knowing) what kind of materials can be used on components of a low cost Chinese vaporizer? It wasnt until the later xmax versions that the insulation and other things improved too, who knows what's in it really...

For a disposable maybe fine, short term, but $60 still seems steep to me, and I'm not low on funds or anything, I just could never rationalize that myself. I'd order one of the cheapo Chinese ones that are a bit more secure, or better get invest in a different type of vape as a Pax alternative (this is how VAS starts btw...)

Shit Snacks,

sidewing

I'm sure it's still safer than combustion. What I do (since I don't need much) is set it to 410, power it up. Once it's to temp, I take one hit, then turn it off.. And keep hitting it while it's cooling. It'll hit for another minute after.

I've had lots of different vaporizers and it feels clean to me. Never know though

J_ackson

It's always sunny in Colorado
I just bought a X-Max v2 from a seller in the US and no matter how many times I click it, it won't turn on. I charged it with the micro usb till the white light was on. I tried charging the 18650 battery with a wall charger also.
I did manage to turn it on once and run a full burn off at maximum setting by taking off the battery and installing it again a couple times. I'm not really happy about this, for $100 this device performs poorly. It should not take me 10 minutes of fiddling around, could my unit be a faulty one or something?

J_ackson,

Shit Snacks

I just bought a X-Max v2 from a seller in the US and no matter how many times I click it, it won't turn on. I charged it with the micro usb till the white light was on. I tried charging the 18650 battery with a wall charger also.
I did manage to turn it on once and run a full burn off at maximum setting by taking off the battery and installing it again a couple times. I'm not really happy about this, for $100 this device performs poorly. It should not take me 10 minutes of fiddling around, could my unit be a faulty one or something?

Doubt it, others have had trouble too. Why they changed the design now. $100 is too much for this vape imo though either way, hope you got some kind of warranty coverage with that?

DocGonzo

It sounds to me like something is wrong with your unit, maybe with the button if it's not detecting presses. You could have an older Xmax that takes five clicks to start, but even that shouldn't be too tricky to figure out. And, yeah, $100 was too much. You shouldn't have had to pay any more than like $75, tops.

DocGonzo,

Roscoedaniels

You've picked a great vape to start the journey! You will be very pleased with the taste and vapor production.
My Solo doesn't get as much love since I picked mine up!
I also got mine from Ruffhouse. Yes, a little slow out the gate but ultimately arrived quickly (about a week).

Case Logic Eva Compact Digital Camera Case

How long was the wait for you?

Roscoedaniels,
Top Bottom