XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
In case anyone is interested in more info on the 18650 battery that came with MY Starry4 (appears to be made by Chinese company “EVE”).

BATTERY TECH SHEET:

BATTERY PHOTOS (looks and is marked identically to mine)

LISTED AS 7.5 amp:

MOOCH REVIEW:

Thank you for sharing, it's informative infos!
I've been using the xmax starry 4 now for a week and I've noticed it does get worryingly quite hot after 2, 6 min sessions
Hi, I noticed your posts about your heat concerns, if you are still thinking your device to be too hot, please contact our support team here: support@topgreencig.com , sorry for the inconvenience.
just tried the starry 4 and so far there a few things i like, but to be honest, there are many things i don't like on the conduction only unit.
Hi, I'm glad to know there is a few positives things you like but it's too bad the negatives predominates, are you the same Seedy53 I was in touch with in Reddit r/XmaxVape and we sent a unit for testing&reviews ?
For me the silicone skin is a must, I use the Starry 3 skin cutting about an inch off the top so the air adjuster is clear.
A Starry 4 Silicone Protective sleeve will (is?) be ready for sale soon.
I agree regarding the temperature. I made an adjustment to the session timer, approximately to 5 minutes. I have limited feeling in my hands and I cannot even briefly touch the mouthpiece without experiencing a burning sensation. I have set the temperature to 390F, but I am unable to use it without the silicon mouthpiece. Additionally, when using it with a water pipe, the heat intensifies due to the extended draw length for each hit.
Thank you for the feedback, it looks like everybody's feelings to be different in regard of heat. Here my suggestion to use the Starry 4 without to get that "burning" feeling on the lips.: Starry 4 takes advantage of a 15-25s recovery time between hits, not only this is permit to the heater to recover from previous hit and build vapour, but this is give time to the Zirconia mouthpiece to cool-down. You'll get more satisfying hits and less hot mouthpiece, please let me know if this is improve the experience!
My friends got the starry 4 in black and she's not experiencing the same heat issues
It's good to know, if you tested both devices and you feel the difference, please contact our team at the adress mentionned above.
Well after speaking to the owner of the vape shop I bought it from he's telling me not to use it above 210c and for no longer than 4 mins 🤦🏻‍♂️,he doesn't seem interested that I might have a faulty device and has been extremely rude and aggressive with him responses.
Looks like a rude guy, I think he said that based on some olders vaping models where it was mentionned vaping at +210°C to release more byproducts, in some aspects that's true but it appeared since a few cannabinoids to need +210°C to be released. In another hand the higher is the starting T°, the shorter the session will be!
they should only offer 4 min session for flower, higher 6 and 10 for hash or wax.
also, a way to add a body cooling wrap cover and a nicer mouthpiece cover, like a attachable glass or ceramic slip-on cooling straw.
the silicone condom is a cheap ugly add-on
That's why we offer more T° settings, you are free to set it on 4 for flowers and at 6 or 10 for concentrates, nice isn't it?
My starry 4 setup.
20230627-202250.jpg
Nice setup, probably delivers smoother clouds at high T°! Although it looks like a "home "setup (cause glass breakage)!
don't know if i will spend 30 dollars more to fix the mouthpiece heat issue and another 10 to 20 dollars more for a unit case insulate wrap cover to fix the shell heat issue. seems excessive money for a newly realest vaporizer. why not buy a more advanced $150 vaporizer instead that doesn't have those heat problems, just saying?
.... if you think your device is faulty, please contact our support team here: support@topgreencig.com , even if you got it for free (for testing and reviews though).
i get no vapor at all visually at 380f and it takes 2 sessions to feel the high i like
It's a conduction based vaporizer, this is means you need to let it time to recover from previous hit, vapour is built between hits mainly, I suggest you to wait 15-25s between hits and you'll get visible vapour. Playing with airflow restriction can help too. As well I suggest to wait 10-15s more after initial heat-up if you are looking for clouds more than for flavor.
Having an OVEN that goes over 450f, in a TINY device means it’s going to get HOT!!!

Think how many complaints there would be if the device didn’t get HOT ENOUGH!
Physics folks….
I like how you are thinking my friend!
if i had a tm2 i would never use the starry 4.
We are aware the TM2 to be a superior device although, please, understand we can't compare a 99$ device with a 350$ device...
I was gifted a Starry4 by XMax (thanks again @XMAXVAPORIZER!) on the understanding that I would give some feedback. I've had it a couple of weeks now, and I feel, overall, positive about it!
Thank you for the mostly positive review, I'll keep the team updated about your screen concerns, thank you for the feedback!

I mean, let's be serious, there's not too many tiny cheap portables out there that are designed to be daily drivers. The Starry, realistically, is a "niche" device to a heavy user...
The "niche" of heavy users is pretty large in this case ;), the Starry previous version was our best-seller and is sold in most countries in the world!
Talking about skins there’s a video of the Starry 4 skin, seems it comes with 4 graphic skins for the skin and 2 you don’t know what they are. At 12 sec they show the upcoming ceramic wpa and a circular band I’m guessing is keep the mp on in your travels.

:tup:
Thank you to bring the light on the Xmax starry 4 blind Box, it's a special item, a Starry 4 with Artist patterns, Artist is Hydro74 and 4 differents patterns exist, 2 are known (Ganesha and Grizzly) and 2 are hidded (Summoner and Samurai), when you buy you don't know which pattern you'll get and you don't know the 2 extra accessories included in the blind Box (on top of the basic accessories kit coming with every Starry 4).
While waiting on @XMAXVAPORIZER, I will jump in (I am XVAPE, not XMAX in case you are confused) and say the silicone cover and accessories are supposed to be available for separate sale this month.

1687771271235-jpg.47446

1687771271222-jpg.47447

1687771271208-jpg.47448

2x puffs at max temp to finish a capsule, even dark roast,
1687772582365-jpg.47449
Thank you for sharing, my daughter broke her left arm this weekend, she felt from her horse, the horse stopped suddenly front of an obstacle... She didn't acted enough to push the horse forward (I'm a horse riders trainer, that's my job, I'm not a Lord:lol:). And her young sister was sick for 2 consecutives nights... That's why I didn't replied here in time, sometimes we have priorities to deal with!

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
i think i'm starting to like the starry 4 the more i experiment with it and stopped treating it like high heat heavy hitter and multi session vap.
Bravo, I like that, it's very nice to know you are more pleased with the Xmax Starry 4, the exact same thing happened for me when we created a previous device, testers liked the device but not me, I realized i was so much used to conductions based devices I didn't hitted the vaporizer like it should have been... In fact it's not the same exact thing, that's the opposite, you are probably so used to convection based devices you don't know how to hit a conduction based device (with all my respect :bowdown:).

It may be used as an heavy hitter though, but like you noticed high heat brings some discomfort, hot mouthpiece, hot body, hot vapor... That's why I'm using that mode only for water filtration, not only this is smooth the vapour but it avoids the other issues too, no more hot stem on the lips and no need to keep the Starry 4 in hands, it's a win-win plan , isn't it? (for infos I'm currently using my Xmax Starry 3.0 Ceramic WPA, the fit isn't perfect in regard of aesthetic but it's perfect in regard of the seal and magnets correspond enough to keep the whole setup tightly attached).

Now I want to advise everybody in FC we are currently running a Xmax Starry 4 Blind Box Contest until the 8 of July, FC exclusive, you can find it under the Contest section. Only for FC Members with at least 25 Trophy Points.

And you can have another chance to win by entering the Giveaway here: https://www.topgreen-tech.com/n1888302/XMAX-STARRY-4-BLIND-BOX-SUMMER-BASH-GIVEAWAY-IS-HERE.htm

I desired to present you the Blind Box but my dear colleague, @LesPlenty already did it, thank you my friend, you save me some work!
I can add the patterns were drafted by a famous Artist named Hydro74, under this "special" skin the Starry 4 is exactly the same standard Xmax Starry 4. Although it comes with 2 extra accessories selected randomly, I saw @LesPlenty got the WPA, lucky guy! What's your second Accessorie? On my side I got the 5-pack of dosing caps and a grinder card!

I see you got the same pattern I received myself, Ganesha, I can't wait to see what looks like the Grizzly (it's a colored pattern!) and the 2 others mysterious patterns, they are probably astonishing! I like my Ganesha though.

It looks like the Blind Box will be available on Xvape website... I don't know if that item will be available worldwide or only in USA, I'll let you know as soon I have the info.

:tup:

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Just received the Starry 4 this AM. First impression is that this is a very solid upgrade from the Starry 3. New features and components and over all the whole unit has been improved and refined.

The new jewelled zirconia mouth piece/lid with it cooling ceramic insert is now simple and easy to disassemble and reassemble for cleaning. The added adjustable air flow slider with just the right amount of resistance is conveniently placed to operate comfortably with the thumb while in use.

The stronger heater now reaches set temps quicker and recovers faster between draws. Add a more robust and easier to operate battery door, a three clicks button for on and off, choice of three session timers, screen flip option and dosing capsule ready makes this a very attractive, pocketable carry vape.

Thank you XMAX for bringing all these new features and refinements to the Starry 4 for the same low price of the Starry 3. Well done indeed. :clap:

Petetbay

(for infos I'm currently using my Xmax Starry 3.0 Ceramic WPA, the fit isn't perfect in regard of aesthetic but it's perfect in regard of the seal and magnets correspond enough to keep the whole setup tightly attached).
Me too, works no problem, still would prefer the 4.0 version, soon I hope as they are already included in some Blind Boxes so they have been in production.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sweet deal I came across for those interested (not me). I have purchased from them before without issue. They included a bunch of useful free stuff with my 40% off HydroMaxx 2 years ago... Fast shipping, too:

IMG-1106.jpg

Makes it $67.20... still a few days left:

Last edited:

Petetbay

No ceramic wpa yet, but found this nifty 14mm glass/ceramic wpa somewhere on the other side of the planet. This I like, made one like this from the swivel mp once. Haven’t seen any of the Xmax Starry 4 Blind Box available. :sherlock:

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, I'm back after a week of absence, I just posted the Xmax Starry 4 Blind Box Contest Winner in the Cintest section of the forum and came here to notice that winner is the last poster in this thread.... Yes, you are the Contest Winner my Dear friend @Petetbay, please check your pm box, I'll send you a message in order to get your prize shipped to your door ASAP!

ps: I'll check everybody's request I missed tomorrow morning, I'm sometime late but I always reply!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
No ceramic wpa yet, but found this nifty 14mm glass/ceramic wpa somewhere on the other side of the planet. This I like, made one like this from the swivel mp once. Haven’t seen any of the Xmax Starry 4 Blind Box available. :sherlock:

I'll let you know as soon I know where the Starry 4 Blind Box are availables, it will be an exclusive item for peoples enjoying high quality designs and for vapes Collectors!
Yes, I noticed myself that smart wpa, I asked to the team and it doesn't looks like it's made by us, it's a special item made by this specific retailer I believe. I like how they did it though!
The silicone sleeve is also available for sale now,
Thank you for sharing...

Just ordered
Enjoy the Starry 4 and sleeve!

Petetbay

I tried ordering the glass wpa from Australia, but they don’t ship to Canada even though they state they do international shipping. I found a German site with the same wpa and they don’t ship to USA/Canada. :bang:

Zak McKracken

I have owned 4 Starrys 3 and drove them to exhaustion.It is my favourite fishing vape and love it generally for on the go. I was lucky to receive a test Starry 4.Hve been using it for about 3 months now.

1)Mouthpiece is a huge improvement,a lot easier to clean and without the tricky metal thing and the oring is now outside which is way better.Also wider mouthpiece for easier cleaning and better draw
2)Battery door is improved,faulty battery connection because of door was another con of starry 3.
3)I am not sure I like the new power button better.It got stuck a couple times for me.
4)the new hole makes first hits a lot better and generally taste seems to be improved.
5)The old wpa can still be used with this one,sleeve sadly not.
6)As in the earlier versions,I find the bottom screen very easy to lose

Generally it is definitely an improved version.It is the vape I recommend to friends when they ask me for a cheap vape,for me it's surely one of the best value for money deals.

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I have owned 4 Starrys 3 and drove them to exhaustion.It is my favourite fishing vape and love it generally for on the go. I was lucky to receive a test Starry 4.Hve been using it for about 3 months now.

1)Mouthpiece is a huge improvement,a lot easier to clean and without the tricky metal thing and the oring is now outside which is way better.Also wider mouthpiece for easier cleaning and better draw
2)Battery door is improved,faulty battery connection because of door was another con of starry 3.
3)I am not sure I like the new power button better.It got stuck a couple times for me.
4)the new hole makes first hits a lot better and generally taste seems to be improved.
5)The old wpa can still be used with this one,sleeve sadly not.
6)As in the earlier versions,I find the bottom screen very easy to lose

Generally it is definitely an improved version.It is the vape I recommend to friends when they ask me for a cheap vape,for me it's surely one of the best value for money deals.
Thank you for that kind feedback, I noticed you didn't mentionned hot mouthpiece or hot body device, it's good to know! Although I noticed your issue with the main button, I'll transmit to the team. What do you mean with "the new hole"?

Zak McKracken

Thank you for that kind feedback, I noticed you didn't mentionned hot mouthpiece or hot body device, it's good to know! Although I noticed your issue with the main button, I'll transmit to the team. What do you mean with "the new hole"?
Yes for me it wasn't an issue before anyway,I guess if you do consecutive bowls it maybe gets warmer but no issues for me and I run it inly at 240.
As @Petetbay said,I was talking about the new airport :)

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Lee at Table Top Bong produced a video demonstrating a mod using balls and higher temps to max vapor out put in the V4 while maintaining cool, native, flavourful draws.

One thing I’m personally concerned that he shows is cutting a large screen to fit the V4 bowl and the potential of small steel threads falling off into the load. Been using my V3 screens instead as they cover the bowl completely.

If you already have the pearls and a extra screen, it’s a worth while mod to experiment with.

Petetbay

The Starry 4 skin is available @ POTV USA and Canada and the screen replacement kit is available @ POTV USA.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Lee at Table Top Bong produced a video demonstrating a mod using balls and higher temps to max vapor out put in the V4 while maintaining cool, native, flavourful draws.

One thing I’m personally concerned that he shows is cutting a large screen to fit the V4 bowl and the potential of small steel threads falling off into the load. Been using my V3 screens instead as they cover the bowl completely.

If you already have the pearls and a extra screen, it’s a worth while mod to experiment with.
Thank you for sharing!

I'll share myself that trick in r/XmaxVape and I'll give it a try as soon as I have the time to do it!

It's nice to know the Accessories begin to be available, thank you for the info @Petetbay

Greenleaf88

Hi starry 4 owners I’m here for some help.
I am not a casual vapour I’m usually a big cloud guy anvil., sticky brick etc a lot of butane vapes, I do own 2 electric ones mighty and firefly. Doesn’t really matter just wanted to let you know some history

I’m looking for a sesh vape that gives decent hits and decent taste.
Compared to the pax or DaVinci how does it matchup on Vapor and taste cuz I owned a DaVinci og way back lol so I can gage.

Thank u so much I have it in the cart waiting for experienced user feedback.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have a tm 2 to go out but I find my bowls finish to fast don’t get me wrong I’m not looking for those types of clouds lol.

Spin0620

Hi starry 4 owners I’m here for some help.
I am not a casual vapour I’m usually a big cloud guy anvil., sticky brick etc a lot of butane vapes, I do own 2 electric ones mighty and firefly. Doesn’t really matter just wanted to let you know some history

I’m looking for a sesh vape that gives decent hits and decent taste.
Compared to the pax or DaVinci how does it matchup on Vapor and taste cuz I owned a DaVinci og way back lol so I can gage.

Thank u so much I have it in the cart waiting for experienced user feedback.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have a tm 2 to go out but I find my bowls finish to fast don’t get me wrong I’m not looking for those types of clouds lol.
I own the IQC and the starry 4. The IQC has a little bit better taste but at the price of the starry 4 I think the starry 4 is a better value. I find they both produce good vapor. I love both though.

Top Bottom