XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi starry 4 owners I’m here for some help.
I am not a casual vapour I’m usually a big cloud guy anvil., sticky brick etc a lot of butane vapes, I do own 2 electric ones mighty and firefly. Doesn’t really matter just wanted to let you know some history

I’m looking for a sesh vape that gives decent hits and decent taste.
Compared to the pax or DaVinci how does it matchup on Vapor and taste cuz I owned a DaVinci og way back lol so I can gage.

Thank u so much I have it in the cart waiting for experienced user feedback.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have a tm 2 to go out but I find my bowls finish to fast don’t get me wrong I’m not looking for those types of clouds lol.
Hi, thank you for the interest, the Xmax Starry 4 can definitively produces tasty thick clouds, you can load it with 0.2-0.3gr of weed, the bigger load size stands for long session and the airflow button allows you to adjust the vapor thickness.

As well, one of the main advantages of conduction heating: you don't have to pay attention when taking a hit, simply raise the vapor produced in-between hits, to maximize vapor production simply wait a little more between hits. It's a pretty nice device to use front the TV or on the beach without you have to think too much about it, it's a user friendly device for sure!

Let me know if you have more questions, have fun!

Petetbay

Much to my delight 420EDC is selling the glass wpa for the Starry 4 I’ve been after in 14mm and 18mm flavors. I also picked up a 3D glass mp from the same maker and they sell the mount alone. There’s also an alternative brand caps for the Starry.

Petetbay

I received my Starry 4 Blindbox from the contest. Appears to be one of the two secret designs, guessing the Summoner and not the Samurai. The artwork looks like one of my doodles from high school/college. The 2 random accessories were a 5 pack of caps and 2 Xvape decals, little disappointed I was hoping for a skin or ceramic wpa, but I got those coming. I like the box with magnets on the lid, these are nice for stashes. Thanks again to PPN and Xvape/Xmax for the contest and I’ll be waiting for that new device you are hinting at that is coming and is a new design, which I plan to win as well.

Pics of the Blind Box device and some close relatives that wanted in the pic.

seedy53

I received my Starry 4 Blindbox from the contest. Appears to be one of the two secret designs, guessing the Summoner and not the Samurai. The artwork looks like one of my doodles from high school/college. The 2 random accessories were a 5 pack of caps and 2 Xvape decals, little disappointed I was hoping for a skin or ceramic wpa, but I got those coming. I like the box with magnets on the lid, these are nice for stashes. Thanks again to PPN and Xvape/Xmax for the contest and I’ll be waiting for that new device you are hinting at that is coming and is a new design, which I plan to win as well.

Pics of the Blind Box device and some close relatives that wanted in the pic.

where to get the adapter and stem please

Petetbay

seedy53

my starry 4 is my goto when i go out or visit my vap buddies. they give me grief about using a full conduction unit for flower until we do concentrates. then they see how well the starry 4 performs.
thank you again for giving me a chance to know and learn how to use a full conduction device. as it turns out, it's super easy to use and clean. i like it best with the whip hose to be honest and when i do concentrates i use the starry 4 the most.

my starry 4 is my goto when i go out or visit my vap buddies. they give me grief about using a full conduction unit for flower until we do concentrates. then they see how well the starry 4 performs.
thank you again for giving me a chance to know and learn how to use a full conduction device. as it turns out, it's super easy to use and clean. i like it best with the whip hose to be honest and when i do concentrates i use the starry 4 the most.
do you sandwich your concentrate between layers of herb, or does it have a concentrate pad? I've had my eye on the Starry 4 for some time and if it's good with concentrates that might be the last piece of info I need to pull the trigger and get one.

seedy53

do you sandwich your concentrate between layers of herb, or does it have a concentrate pad? I've had my eye on the Starry 4 for some time and if it's good with concentrates that might be the last piece of info I need to pull the trigger and get one.
both. twax flower and for just wax or thick oil
i preheat the pad at 464f without anything on the pad for 2 mins. then add concentrate on the web pad, i prefer stainless steel web pads at 464f. i sometimes use a dose cap. you need to clean oven while still warm though. followed by a couple full session empty burn offs . i like my shit to be clean when i go to sleep. you can do without all this cleaning but if you want it to last...

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Thank you for the positive feedback, we are so glad you like the Starry 4, yep it's a true winner when it comes to concentrates, one of the rares vaporizers able to vape hasch efficiently!
both. twax flower and for just wax or thick oil
i preheat the pad at 464f without anything on the pad for 2 mins. then add concentrate on the web pad, i prefer stainless steel web pads at 464f. i sometimes use a dose cap. you need to clean oven while still warm though. followed by a couple full session empty burn offs . i like my shit to be clean when i go to sleep. you can do without all this cleaning but if you want it to last...
Hmm... I will test your technic, it looks like this is help to preserve the terpènes since you load it when it's already hot, yes I'll give it a try tonight, thank you for the input!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: seedy53

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
will the starry 4 be going on sale for 40% off again, like in early July 23?
can you say when ? why? na lot of people over a Reddit are asking.
To be honnest I can't say, every retailer is offering the sales he wants, in the future we are planning to synchronize promotions across various platforms... But it's still not the case for now...

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: seedy53

Petetbay

The Xmax Zirconia ceramic wpa adapter for Starry 4 is available at 420EDC, little different in that it seems to use a metal filter now where the V3 version used a ceramic filter with a metal filter on the inside(I tossed it for better flow).

seedy53

The Xmax Zirconia ceramic wpa adapter for Starry 4 is available at 420EDC, little different in that it seems to use a metal filter now where the V3 version used a ceramic filter with a metal filter on the inside(I tossed it for better flow).

if you use this zirconia ceramic wpa adapter, as a mouthpiece, is it any cooler on the lips?
and i wonder if you could install a glass cooling tube instead of using a water bong or j-hook?
what diameter of glass tube would fit inside this wpa?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Thank you for sharing, I still not put my hands on the Starry 4 WPA and since my Starry3.0 wpa does the job... I replaced the ceramic insert+tiny ovale mesh screen by the full ceramic filter on my WPA. I didn't know the Starry 4 WPA didn't come with a such full ceramic filter (like the mouthpiece ceramic filter).
if you use this zirconia ceramic wpa adapter, as a mouthpiece, is it any cooler on the lips?
and i wonder if you could install a glass cooling tube instead of using a water bong or j-hook?
You can use it directly as a mouthpiece, although for extended sessions it will become hot. I use mine with such dry glass tubes/stems. If you are using tubes with a glass ground joint at one end, both the 14&18mm sizes will adapt, not the smaller 10mm glass ground joints though.
If you are speaking of straight tubes, internal diameter in-between 14-20mm may fit around the WPA... If you want one able to fit IN the WPA it will be more tricky cause it looks like a 8mm OD tube doesn't fit but one just below that number, 7.9mm or so, fit well but will need paper or teflon as a joint to get it secure without the risk to fall out and to avoid air leaks. The tiny vapor channel will tend to heat-up pretty fast I believe, it will not cool vapor pretty well, I recommand to find one bigger using the first method.

seedy53

Thank you for sharing, I still not put my hands on the Starry 4 WPA and since my Starry3.0 wpa does the job... I replaced the ceramic insert+tiny ovale mesh screen by the full ceramic filter on my WPA. I didn't know the Starry 4 WPA didn't come with a such full ceramic filter (like the mouthpiece ceramic filter).

You can use it directly as a mouthpiece, although for extended sessions it will become hot. I use mine with such dry glass tubes/stems. If you are using tubes with a glass ground joint at one end, both the 14&18mm sizes will adapt, not the smaller 10mm glass ground joints though.
If you are speaking of straight tubes, internal diameter in-between 14-20mm may fit around the WPA... If you want one able to fit IN the WPA it will be more tricky cause it looks like a 8mm OD tube doesn't fit but one just below that number, 7.9mm or so, fit well but will need paper or teflon as a joint to get it secure without the risk to fall out and to avoid air leaks. The tiny vapor channel will tend to heat-up pretty fast I believe, it will not cool vapor pretty well, I recommand to find one bigger using the first method.
20230826_083234__05727.1693053999.jpg

XMAX STARRY 4 3D FLOW MOUTHPIECE​

what about this will it cool the vapor and be cool to lips for 3 sessions?​

Petetbay

Much like the swivel mp the bare wpa get too hot 390*F+, but the silicone cover allows you to use it at those temps. Any glass that could fit inside would be too thin to be of any use. I use the silicone grommet from the Xmax whip wpa and fits the ceramic wpa and will accept all kinds of glass 10-13mm diameter and works very good. You could also just use silicone tubing in the same way.

Here’s some examples I have.
From left using wpa grommet on ceramic wpa, silicone tubing on ceramic wpa, 14mm pill glass on ceramic wpa, last 2 using 420edc Starry wpa mounts with pill glass and last one with the 420edc 3D glass. All work great.

Edit: seedy53 said:

Yes no problem. The mount is solid silicone so beware if you are sensitive to silicone, I had no problem and the magnets are not as strong as Xmax mp so mount can pop off if move it quickly with the weight of the glass. I thought it was nice cheap alternative, the glass has a small flange at the bottom that secures it in the mount ala V3Pro adapters. A Hula 3D stem is too thin to be secure in this mount.

Last edited:

seedy53

Much like the swivel mp the bare wpa get too hot 390*F+, but the silicone cover allows you to use it at those temps. Any glass that could fit inside would be too thin to be of any use. I use the silicone grommet from the Xmax whip wpa and fits the ceramic wpa and will accept all kinds of glass 10-13mm diameter and works very good. You could also just use silicone tubing in the same way.

Here’s some examples I have.
From left using wpa grommet on ceramic wpa, silicone tubing on ceramic wpa, 14mm pill glass on ceramic wpa, last 2 using 420edc Starry wpa mounts with pill glass and last one with the 420edc 3D glass. All work great.

Edit: seedy53 said:

Yes no problem. The mount is solid silicone so beware if you are sensitive to silicone, I had no problem and the magnets are not as strong as Xmax mp so mount can pop off if move it quickly with the weight of the glass. I thought it was nice cheap alternative, the glass has a small flange at the bottom that secures it in the mount ala V3Pro adapters. A Hula 3D stem is too thin to be secure in this mount.
thanks. sure doesn't make sense for us to use all these mods without the factory coming up with a better or equal solution. why they don't offer a accessory the solves hot mouthpiece and harsh vapor is a mystery. the sleeve should be included in the og purchase. your solution is great but to many joints and strange looking and i bet, expensive. thank you for sharing your mods.

thanks. sure doesn't make sense for us to use all these mods without the factory coming up with a better or equal solution. why they don't offer a accessory the solves hot mouthpiece and harsh vapor is a mystery. the sleeve should be included in the og purchase. your solution is great but to many joints and strange looking and i bet, expensive. thank you for sharing your mods.
The Rogue Wax Works makes something that might work perfect for you, here is the link - https://theroguewaxworks.com/collections/glass/products/gmp06-14mm-female-straight-cooling-stem

seedy53

I’m going to give the Starry a shot after watching 420 Vapezones Roffu Review. I Have All of the Big hitters.
i would not call starry 4 a big hitter unless you are using a wpa and a water bong.
btw-tighten up the air flow adjuster somewhat so the water bong will give more vapor and less air diffusion.
starry 4 (stock) is not a ripper.
it's a good one session, sipper.
use temp setting like max at 390f and down to low 340f.. that's the way it is for me.
good luck and hope you enjoy this nice conduction hitter.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
20230826_083234__05727.1693053999.jpg

Yes , this is a setup I frequently use for home session and it's perfect to smoothen the vapor without to use water filtration, without to mention how fun it is!
i would not call starry 4 a big hitter unless you are using a wpa and a water bong.
btw-tighten up the air flow adjuster somewhat so the water bong will give more vapor and less air diffusion.
starry 4 (stock) is not a ripper.
it's a good one session, sipper.
use temp setting like max at 390f and down to low 340f.. that's the way it is for me.
good luck and hope you enjoy this nice conduction hitter.
I'm glad you noticed the Starry 4 to be able to deliver heavy thick hits, although it looks like you are a low temp person, 390°F is my starting T° most of the time, and, when I want to get thick clouds I use it with a Bong and I start at 400-405°F and finish at 420°F... It may be used to sip clouds but it delivers large thicks rips too, for sure it's a lot T° dependant!

seedy53

Thank you for the positive feedback, we are so glad you like the Starry 4, yep it's a true winner when it comes to concentrates, one of the rares vaporizers able to vape hasch efficiently!

Hmm... I will test your technic, it looks like this is help to preserve the terpènes since you load it when it's already hot, yes I'll give it a try tonight, thank you for the input!
how did it work out your test with concentrates and hash with starry 4, did you find a better way?

Top Bottom