XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
how did it work out your test with concentrates and hash with starry 4, did you find a better way?
No, your tip about to wait for the vaporizer heat-up before to load wax/hasch is true dope, I can't believe I didn't thought myself about it :rant:.
For info that tip is for the wax pad, the Xmax Starry 4 isn't coming with the wax pad in the box but you can get it under the Xmax Accessories section of your favourite retailer.

When using the "Sandwich Tek" no need to preheat but only use it like intended for flowers.

I was thinking to offer another future accessorie for concentrates vaping with the Xmax Starry 4... Why not an ovale quartz cup wouldn't be able to vaporize efficiently a dab at +430°F (max T° is 464°F) :science:...? For sure it will be not a dab-like experience but it may be able to deliver decently sized tasty clouds, isn't it? The idea came from your smart suggestion @seedy53 but we need the Engineers approbation (and the Executive Staff approbation as well) before to think about to add that item to our catalog. Let me know your thoughts, if the Starry 4 wasn't able to deliver such high T° I wouldn't emit that suggestion.

seedy53

No, your tip about to wait for the vaporizer heat-up before to load wax/hasch is true dope, I can't believe I didn't thought myself about it :rant:.
For info that tip is for the wax pad, the Xmax Starry 4 isn't coming with the wax pad in the box but you can get it under the Xmax Accessories section of your favourite retailer.

When using the "Sandwich Tek" no need to preheat but only use it like intended for flowers.

I was thinking to offer another future accessorie for concentrates vaping with the Xmax Starry 4... Why not an ovale quartz cup wouldn't be able to vaporize efficiently a dab at +430°F (max T° is 464°F) :science:...? For sure it will be not a dab-like experience but it may be able to deliver decently sized tasty clouds, isn't it? The idea came from your smart suggestion @seedy53 but we need the Engineers approbation (and the Executive Staff approbation as well) before to think about to add that item to our catalog. Let me know your thoughts, if the Starry 4 wasn't able to deliver such high T° I wouldn't emit that suggestion.
quartz insert does sound good like with what is used with the XMAX Qomo. the cup would need to to be somewhat porous because the starry's air inlet goes through the bottom of the oven, right? you could make a 3mm or 4mm glass balls screen sandwich insert, screen on top and bottom with the balls inside it, all joined together like a pad, the fits in oven. your oven is big enough for this. i've seen hack something like this with 2 oval ss screens, somewhere. it would work well, i believe. it would need to be shaped like the oven.

btw i've always wanted to get the XMAX Qomo but my hubby was against it. now that we are separated, i might get one, i have a lady friend who has one, it's nice.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
quartz insert does sound good like with what is used with the XMAX Qomo. the cup would need to to be somewhat porous because the starry's air inlet goes through the bottom of the oven, right? you could make a 3mm or 4mm glass balls screen sandwich insert, screen on top and bottom with the balls inside it, all joined together like a pad, the fits in oven. your oven is big enough for this. i've seen hack something like this with 2 oval ss screens, somewhere. it would work well, i believe. it would need to be shaped like the oven.

btw i've always wanted to get the XMAX Qomo but my hubby was against it. now that we are separated, i might get one, i have a lady friend who has one, it's nice.
as a lightweight dabber, the Qomo is perfect for me, the ALP does good enough with the pad because it gets hot enough, but the Qomo is idiot simple and really easy to clean so no reason to gum up the steampunk (or any) herb vape when you have one.

I manged to rig up a bubbler attachment for Steamy and Foggy using the silicone out of potv v3 parts.
53205804720_f6b61f4b74_c.jpg

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Yes that's a nice idea but be carefull, don't load too much cause it will drip down under the bowl, I remenber that technic was used with the Herbalaire, they offered a concentrate crucible which was filled with many quartz balls... It was nice but cleaning after every single session was too much time demanding in my opinion (you had to throw all the balls in iso with the screen). Somebody posted a similar trick using balls covered by a screen with half flower load on the top, he said that trick to provide more convection... Let us to know if you give it a try!
I manged to rig up a bubbler attachment for Steamy and Foggy using the silicone out of potv v3 parts.
53205804720_f6b61f4b74_c.jpg
It looks like it's time for a Xmax Starry 4 WPA, isn't it?

XMAXVAPORIZER,

hillbill

Glad to see this, I use nothing but WPA with my Starry 3. Great news.

My Asthma response limits what vaporizers I can use, big and open airway is a must.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
That"s a $60 Fog w/curved bubbler, but the starry4 will be here tomorrow, will shop for a wpa/mouthpiece replacement after it gets here and I try it out. Almost bought an IQ2 on sale today, my VAS is going break me.
I'm glad to know you'll get a Starry 4 soon, I can't wait to read your feedback!

I was myself VAS affected for 10 years but since a year or so this has slowed...I'm typing this sitting front of 40 or more vaporizers:ko:
Glad to see this, I use nothing but WPA with my Starry 3. Great news.

My Asthma response limits what vaporizers I can use, big and open airway is a must.
Yes it was a must to do, we are aware how much you like water fitration or dry glass stems, the Starry 4 WPA will work perfectly but I noticed the Starry 3.0 WPA to fit the Starry 4 device, it's not perfect due to the device's differences in shape although, the chamber being the same, the seal is tight enough and no air leaks (but the Starry 4 mouthpiece/top lid doesn't fit the Starry 3.0 device sadly). Sorry to know about your asthma but we are glad to know you enjoyed the Starry 3.0 despite it. I think the Starry 4 will please you even better being able to open the airflow by sliding down the airflow adjustment button!

Petetbay

I got my 420EDC order and the Starry 4 ceramic wpa and works good. Magnets are very strong like the 3.0 adapter, the 4.0 adapter doesn’t fit on the 3.0 and wobbles. It uses single steel screen and air flow is pretty wide open more than 3.0 w/only ceramic filter screen. The silicone in the adapter that holds the screen is removable as well so easy to clean while I have a hard time replacing the screen with my faulty digits. The ceramic filters from the 4.0 swivel mp and 3.0 wpa don’t fit either because silicone in the 4.0 wpa narrows below the screen, not sure why they did that maybe to catch reclaim it prevents options. The 3.0 wpa does work the 4.0 device satisfactory.

I also got some beaded glass that works on the 4.0/3.0 w/silicone mount as well the V3Pro adapter mount and they are excellent.
Switching back to the 3.0 Starry I found that the 4.0 is vast improvement over the 3.0, surprised me didn’t think it was big.

I got the Ruby w/curved mp no air port

I got the borosilicate beaded version they don’t sell anymore and was cheaper. They have a Ruby and Sapphire version now that is more expensive.

Last edited:

seedy53

I got my 420EDC order and the Starry 4 ceramic wpa and works good. Magnets are very strong like the 3.0 adapter, the 4.0 adapter doesn’t fit on the 3.0 and wobbles. It uses single steel screen and air flow is pretty wide open more than 3.0 w/only ceramic filter screen. The silicone in the adapter that holds the screen is removable as well so easy to clean while I have a hard time replacing the screen with my faulty digits. The ceramic filters from the 4.0 swivel mp and 3.0 wpa don’t fit either because silicone in the 4.0 wpa narrows below the screen, not sure why they did that maybe to catch reclaim it prevents options. The 3.0 wpa does work the 4.0 device satisfactory.

I also got some beaded glass that works on the 4.0/3.0 w/silicone mount as well the V3Pro adapter mount and they are excellent.
Switching back to the 3.0 Starry I found that the 4.0 is vast improvement over the 3.0, surprised me didn’t think it was big.

I got the Ruby w/curved mp no air port

I got the borosilicate beaded version they don’t sell anymore and was cheaper. They have a Ruby and Sapphire version now that is more expensive.
One cooler stem is $$30, another is $35, and the Rocket cooler is $48 that's a crazy price plus you must have the silicone adapter ($12) for the starry 4.

paid $99 for the device now to get a good cooler stem i need to spend another $46 to $60 more? Well that's not for me at those prices.
i'm i mistaken. what addon piece would i need to install this cooling stem. there are 3 hats. zir wpa adapter, silicone wpa, silicone housing head, i'm a dummy.

Last edited:

Petetbay

i'm i mistaken. what addon piece would i need to install this cooling stem. there are 3 hats. zir wpa adapter, silicone wpa, silicone housing head, i'm a dummy.
Here’s the best I can come up with, yeah I know some shit expensive, but I always buy when it’s on sale.

I’ve missed that the cheaper boro glass Starry/V3Pro Pill BotL(Rocket stem) was in the V3Pro section on sale for $19.99 and you need a Starry silicone mount for $4.99. I’m on my 2nd one of these always breaking shit.

or w/wpa $14.99

Cheaper alternative is the 3D dimpled stem with included Starry silicone mount for $14.99 there also a 10% off code for non-sale items.

These short glass stems work nice in the silicone mount.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Anyone know what the diameter is of the opening on the “XMAX STARRY 4 SILICONE HOUSING” is?

Not listed on the site.
I was thinking of using one of my 11mm glass MadHeater stems, like I do with my Roffu, instead of the stock MP.
Thanks!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
One cooler stem is $$30, another is $35, and the Rocket cooler is $48 that's a crazy price plus you must have the silicone adapter ($12) for the starry 4.

paid $99 for the device now to get a good cooler stem i need to spend another $46 to $60 more? Well that's not for me at those prices.
I noticed a mistake, that's why I reply, the 11,99$ Adapter is our WPA, it's made of Zirconia, silicone holder, stainless steel filter and magnets, as well it comes with a silicon sleeve on the top of the Zirconia WPA to improve fitment.
Although, on it's own, 420EDC released a more affordable Full Silicone WPA, stainless steel filter and magnets (which are less strong, based on the product's description), it's only 4.99$. Enjoy the Xmax Starry 4!

We are glad to see Third Parts Manufacturers coming with more options for the Xmax Fam, 420EDC also released a more expensive Dosing Caps made of 316SS, heavier but offering a reduced load by 25-33% and with less but bigger holes in the bottom, different lid too.

I would appreciate to get the feedback from users who get both Dosing Caps, the Xmax are 14,99$ the 5-pack, the EDC ones are 29,99$ the 4-pack but I'm more interested to hear the feedback about the differences in performance...

Personnaly I found the thin metal caps we released for the Starry 4 and Oont to be faster to heat-up, the difference with a direct load is pretty minimal in my opinion. That's why I'm curious to know if the heavier EDC caps provides something else than more conduction and longer heat-up... for smaller load, I'm probably missing something... Please, let me know?

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: seedy53

Old Stoner1958

I have both the OEM Caps and the set from 420EDC. My issue with the OEM Caps is they are hard for me to get the tops on and off. I am 65 and I would strugggle for a couple minutes to get the tops on. The Caps from 420EDC fixed that problem. I feel like there is more air flow thru the 420EDC Caps also. This only my opinion. Maybe others will have a different opinion.

hillbill

Never able to use Starry 3 with standard mouthpiece, contending with Asthma and wheezing. Same goes for Boundless and others. The Zirconia acts and feels like glass. Wide open Vapor path with home fashioned screen pressed down on herb. Massive hit power!

Never could smoke with bong either, except for glass Steamrollers.

5 year old Solo has lost it’s mind. Replaced it with another Air SE. I have a HR Fury Edge that has been around a while and when I replace it, a new Starry will replace it. Even with Healthy Rips 1/2 price replacement policy. The Starrys don’t need ground herb at all times and vaporize crumbled or cut up buds. Had Flowermates with deep round ovens for years, the oval oven is so much more powerful and even heating.

Hate taking ground buds out on the river or hiking and risk a windy catastrophe.

DogDad

I own 2 starry 3's and neither of them work anymore even with a new battery. I'm not going to buy a v4 unless something has changed in the battery door design. What has changed?

seedy53

Never able to use Starry 3 with standard mouthpiece, contending with Asthma and wheezing. Same goes for Boundless and others. The Zirconia acts and feels like glass. Wide open Vapor path with home fashioned screen pressed down on herb. Massive hit power!

5 year old Solo has lost it’s mind. Replaced it with another Air SE. I have a HR Fury Edge that has been around a while and when I replace it, a new Starry will replace it. Even with Healthy Rips 1/2 price replacement policy. The Starrys don’t need ground herb at all times and vaporize crumbled or cut up buds. Had Flowermates with deep round ovens for years, the oval oven is so much more powerful and even heating.

Hate taking ground buds out on the river or hiking and risk a windy catastrophe.
why didn't you get rogue for 1/2 price? seem to be a good option.
starry 4 is good single session vap but needs expensive 3rd party cooling stems if you vap bowl after bowl. i mean if cool vapor is important to you?

budski

cantre member
I found I get a better percentage of stronger tastier hits if I take the lid of the capsule off, and drop it in upside down, and get burn like using no cap with the bonus of keeping bits out of the mouthpiece filter.

hillbill

Starrys are easier to clean and much less fussy on flower texture. Mostly vape at 390f but after clouds thin I do take it to 430f to finish. 80% of my use is at 390. Not a light user. I take the ceramic filter out, I cough with it in.

Last edited:

Petetbay

I would appreciate to get the feedback from users who get both Dosing Caps, the Xmax are 14,99$ the 5-pack, the EDC ones are 29,99$ the 4-pack but I'm more interested to hear the feedback about the differences in performance...
I like Xmax caps better for performance with a tighter fit the heat transfer from the bowl is way better and you really need to ramp up the temp to get the 420EDCs to get good extraction, too much space to the bowl limits the conduction effect.
My issue with the OEM Caps is they are hard for me to get the tops on and off. I am 65 and I would strugggle for a couple minutes to get the tops on. The Caps from 420EDC fixed that problem. I feel like there is more air flow thru the 420EDC Caps also. This only my opinion. Maybe others will have a different opinion.
Yes I agree there with the Xmax caps very hard to open and close with my faulty digits and the 420EDC’s are far better, just has inferior performance so not going to get used for me, don’t really use caps for herb anymore just for hash.
I own 2 starry 3's and neither of them work anymore even with a new battery. I'm not going to buy a v4 unless something has changed in the battery door design. What has changed?
The door has changed for the better, a lot better. Same door on the Roffu and similar on the Ace and works great. My 1st v3 Starry had contact problems and was tight on some batteries and the power button eventually failed, later ones were better, but still tight on some batterries. My 2 4.0 Starrys door and battery compartment have had no issues and same goes for my 2 Roffus and Ace. I don’t think it’s an issue anymore imo. :2c:

seedy53

Starrys are easier to clean and much less fussy on flower texture. Mostly vape at 390f but after clouds thin I do take it to 430f to finish. 80% of my use is at 390. Not a light user. I take the ceramic filter out, I cough with it in.
are you saying a starry 4 hits harder than a rogue? or an edge? without water? and easier to clean? that has not been my experience, when me & a my buddy did a side by side comparisons of stock units.
i'm glad you found the vap that works well for you, truly.
i use my starry 4 when traveling or wanting a single bowl session.

BTW-i changed the way i do concentrates in the starry 4. the S4 is good for concentrates, esp if you use organic cotton to line the bottom of a dose cap. then add wax or thick concentrate {1/2 or 3/4 size of a grain of rice} then cover it with a little more cotton and pack it a bit at 464F. give it about 30 sec of heat soak and sip away. i've not tried it with water bong just stock and the latex cover. it still get hot but tolerable for 1 session

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I have both the OEM Caps and the set from 420EDC. My issue with the OEM Caps is they are hard for me to get the tops on and off. I am 65 and I would strugggle for a couple minutes to get the tops on. The Caps from 420EDC fixed that problem. I feel like there is more air flow thru the 420EDC Caps also. This only my opinion. Maybe others will have a different opinion.
Thank you for your feedback, I'll transmit to the team.

It's nice you was able to use the Starry despite Asthma, yep, I agree the Starry works pretty well for unground flowers, enjoy it!
Thanks to @Petetbay who replied to you faster than me, yes the battery door issue is something from the past since the new Xmax Starry 4 get an improved lid eliminating the issue... Sadly I noticed you put the trigger on one of our concurrent's device. You said to get no replacement device when you reached our Support team, can I assume the device was out of warranty or do you mean they refused to honor warranty? Please let me know (I searched in my Conversations but didn't found one with you), sorry for the disappointment.
I found I get a better percentage of stronger tastier hits if I take the lid of the capsule off, and drop it in upside down, and get burn like using no cap with the bonus of keeping bits out of the mouthpiece filter.
Interesting tip, I understand the concern with dosing caps "muting" the taste, although I think it's partially due to the previous sessions residues, cause taste is very good when they are pretty clean.
Thank you for the feedback and interesting tip, I never tried tried to remove the ceramic filter, I'll give it a try... Thank you for the tip!
I like Xmax caps better for performance with a tighter fit the heat transfer from the bowl is way better and you really need to ramp up the temp to get the 420EDCs to get good extraction, too much space to the bowl limits the conduction effect.

Yes I agree there with the Xmax caps very hard to open and close with my faulty digits and the 420EDC’s are far better, just has inferior performance so not going to get used for me, don’t really use caps for herb anymore just for hash.

The door has changed for the better, a lot better. Same door on the Roffu and similar on the Ace and works great. My 1st v3 Starry had contact problems and was tight on some batteries and the power button eventually failed, later ones were better, but still tight on some batterries. My 2 4.0 Starrys door and battery compartment have had no issues and same goes for my 2 Roffus and Ace. I don’t think it’s an issue anymore imo. :2c:
Thank you for the feedbacks and for sharing the Starry 4 battery lid's improvements!
you can buy a hr rogue for same price $139. i would cancel and reorder the rogue.
Please stay on topic, it's the Xmax Starry 4 thread, you can quote somebody's post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom