Discontinued Wychwood Vaporizers UK Log Vape

Greenscreen

After a little session this afternoon I can safely say I'm over the moon. May try and get some vids soon as I was that impressed by the clouds!
Sorry second pic is wrong way round but I'm very stoned and useless right now! (It's turned itself round magically - I'm not useless after all!)

dsc0160rk.jpg

dsc0161ib.jpg

dsc0154vm.jpg

Thanks a lot Cookie
Pleased to own a WW

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Congrats guys! I must say both of those look awesome, nice job Cookie :tup:

Yeah, I'm definitely liking the new WPA setup more than the old. The larger bowl translates to larger hits and better airflow, and you get the advantage of that certain degree of temperature control.

Hey OTA, I added the O-ring because I couldn't get mine to seal adequately in my 14mm adapter for some reason. They both seem round but it's the kind of round that won't jive - it won't seal well, unlike say a Solo stem.

That bubbler is an Ill-G showerhead that I got from Pinoy (thanks bro, great meeting you) what must be like 2 years ago. If you look close it has a broken rondel (foot) from when I recently knocked it off the desk. I still gotta work up the courage to attempt the repair. It's a great piece for sure, very hefty. I wish it were a little more compact and had a tinier bit more capacity but it has been a terrific desk piece for the entire time I've had it. On the variable voltage power supply question, nah I'm just using a 12V cheapo power supply, although I need to invest in a cool variable one like some of you guys have.

I just had a closer look at my 2 piece stem (not sure what they are called but it seems a fitting name) & the bowl part is off-center from the longer thinner tube, perhaps that's why you couldn't get it to seal without an o-ring? Mine just sort of floats loosely in my 18 to 14 reducer, it wobbles a bit when touched but it doesn't leak air.

I think every serious log user should own a variable PSU, go put that on top of your list :tup:

Poor bub, what happened to your Etsy link btw, did you stop blowing glass ?

Greenscreen

Broke the glass gong stem I bought! :doh:
Thanks to the guys using a different WPA set up with O rings and stuff. I copied the idea and now have a more then adequate WPA replacement. Although I imagine I will buy another glass gong stem off Cookie as up until its fatal accident it was working top notch!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Been thinking this a UK unit, what will I need to make this work here in the US? I was actually born in the UK and I still have family there, made a trip a few years back and my sis had a curling iron that had to have an adapter plug to make it work, the damn thing caught fire and burned up the side of the wall! I am sure this wont be the case but wanna get a heads up on appropriate power supplies! Really hoping my piece made it out yesterday!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Been thinking this a UK unit, what will I need to make this work here in the US? I was actually born in the UK and I still have family there, made a trip a few years back and my sis had a curling iron that had to have an adapter plug to make it work, the damn thing caught fire and burned up the side of the wall! I am sure this wont be the case but wanna get a heads up on appropriate power supplies! Really hoping my piece made it out yesterday!
Ed, I use my stock PD power supply, so a Zap or UD supply would work just fine IMO.
:peace:

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hello all you Wonderful Wychwood Wanderers :D The sun has been out in force recently and I've been making the most of it. Spent the afternoon yesterday at Durdle Door with the gf and actually got into the cold water to cool off!

sdc11483s.th.jpg

Aside from that I must apologise to anyone if I have been a bit slow in responding to requests. I have recently been going through a nightmare with my 'day job' that has ultimately led to me losing it :( But I still have a smile on my face and am positive I'll get another soon enough - but I want to dedicate a few weeks to getting a few things sorted on the WW front.

griff9 @ I'm glad your enjoying your new WW. And sorry to hear about the stem. I will get you another sorted and shipped tomorrow.

Ed'sTnT @ I have to be honest, I am really happy with this one :) I think I need to learn how to photograph a bit better though :\ Yours is 'En Route'. Fingers crossed for a speedy journey across the pond. And Stu is absolutely right about the power supply - you can use your AZ/UD/PD/HI/TT/WD power supply.

CDS,OTA & Stu @ Thanks for your continued support and experiments with your WW's :tup:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ed'sTnT @ I have to be honest, I am really happy with this one :) I think I need to learn how to photograph a bit better though :\ Yours is 'En Route'. Fingers crossed for a speedy journey across the pond. And Stu is absolutely right about the power supply - you can use your AZ/UD/PD/HI/TT/WD power supply.

Oh this is what I like to hear!!! I have mine crossed as well! Super excited to get this treasure! Thanks for the info on the PS also. Will let you know as soon as it makes it!

Ed's TnT,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey hey Pimp. Thanks for the order. I got the wood spun today and will be doing the internals tomorrow - so should have a pic for you tomorrow evening to tease you ;)

J.R.R.Tokin',

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I've had a chance to get a few things done Wychwood-wise over the last few days that I've been meaning to do for a while.

I've had a few requests for a softer wood wax, one that's easier to apply than the wax pellets. So, let me introduce WychWoodWax. The recipe I'm using is a combination of Hemp Seed Oil, Linseed Oil, Coconut Oil and bees wax. I'm doing them in 2 sizes, 15ml - £3.00 and 30ml - £5.00. The wax pellets work fine but are a bit labour-intensive for some. With the WychWoodWax a little goes a long way, spreads very easily and helps keep your wood looking vibrant. It comes in a screw top Aluminium tin and I'll be putting a 15ml tin in all the Specials Kits.
img0900t.th.jpg

Another request was for 18mm GonG stems. After playing around a bit I think the easiest solution is to use an 'In-line Reducer'. So I am stocking those too at £7.00.
img0901u.th.jpg

I've also added a car power supply to stock for £7.00.

Here's a Special I just got up on the site. It's made from Bubinga, is approx 9cm tall and it's base is 4.5cm. This shape has been quite popular with my last few orders since Ed posted the pic of his Irish.
img0903iy.th.jpg
img0904b.th.jpg

I'm still tinkering with stems and designs and should have a few new things to show in the next few weeks. Till then happy vaping :)

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good idea on the softer wax :tup:

To be honest I never use those beads, lazy as I am. Alan sends them with the HI as well, but I always grab my Underbutter instead because it's so easy to apply.

Could you describe the smell of your particular recipe perhaps?

OhTheAgony,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow I really dig the shape of the bubinga and the grain too. I think you have a winner with this style! The wax is a great idea to, it is much easier to apply in this form. It looks similar to my BAB and am sure it works well.

Good job Cookie, I cant wait to get my piece in!

Ed's TnT,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No more crack pellets? :cry:

Just kidding. I'm definitely down with the softer wax. :tup:

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Jeppy

wonderfox

Finally I have more time on my hands to get back into this thread and all things WW. The temp fluctuation issue seems to have subsided completely!! Have had no issues whatsoever, the unit doesn't fail to please. Thoroughly enjoying the WW, it's even gotten a few smoky friends interested and I'm hoping they'll jump on the wondrous WW wagon soon! Just tried using those 'crack pellets' on the unit and wow, looks very nice :cool:
A video is STILL in the pipeline.. hopefully tonight!
One slight issue (that doesn't effect performance in the slightest so not really an issue, more of an observation) is that the heater core has become loose. It rattles a lot and moves around from side to side. When I hold it upside down to use with the EHLE, I can feel the heater core coming out a bit, and once it's the right way round it drops back down. Could this become a problem/should I try to fix it or is it a normal thing that happens with time?
The special looks great.. can I justify owning two WWs? I'm certainly interested in the wax, looks much easier to apply than the pellets

wonderfox,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@OTA. The wax smell is quite neutral. There is a slight 'toasty' smell when you first put it on which subsides to leave a very slight honey smell - or maybe I have an over-imaginative sense of smell :p

@Ed's. Thanks bro. Your BAB, as well as Underbutter and Zapolish, were the inspiration behind the new Wax. Any news on your Irish yet?

@Stu. Don't worry - I'll save a few packs of crack pellets for ya ;)

@Jeppy. Cheers :D

@Wonderfox. Nice to see you back and still enjoying your WW. Sorry to hear about the slipping cup. Yours was one of the first WW's and my techniques have improved since then to prevent that happening. If you would like I'd be happy to make you a new WW with no slipping. If your really attached to the one you have a quick solution would be to use a 'shim'- a very small/thin piece of metal or wood slipped between the cup and the wood. Get in touch and let me know.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's. Thanks bro. Your BAB, as well as Underbutter and Zapolish, were the inspiration behind the new Wax. Any news on your Irish yet?

No news yet my man, am anxiously awaiting it and checking the mail box every day, sure it will show soon and I will let you know ASAP! Am really excited to get a new toy!

Ed's TnT,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Sorry to hear that guys. I just PM'd you both with tracking updates, so check your in boxes :tup:

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: Jeppy

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for the update, I am sure it will show soon! I have been checking the mail as often as possible, am super anxious to get this piece!

Ed's TnT,

pimpampoum

Hey, hey Ed's I have exactly the same "feeling"....Thanks again J.R.R, after checking the tracking number it seem's that my WW is not so far of me.

pimpampoum,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hello Guys 'n' Gals,

It's October the 1st today. The very last day of this month is Halloween and here at Wychwood we like things a little bit Spooky!

I thought I'd do something special this month so I'm offering 10% off on all orders including a vape. Plus I'll be holding a competition where I'll be giving away a couple of Wychwood Vaporizers. I'm still trying to think what the competition will be, but will have it worked out in the next day or two - I'm thinking something 'arts & crafts-ish'.

Aside from that I'm working on a few more Specials to put up on the website and just got a new glass order in for stems, so lots of cutting and grinding to look forward to!

I'll keep you posted as soon as I've thought of a decent competition and am open to suggestions if any one has any good ones.

Top Bottom