Discontinued Wychwood Vaporizers UK Log Vape

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
lol, no worries, better this then that you shipped it to the wrong address.

I just looked it up, apparently some guy wrote a review about it :p It is a good inch smaller then my Ehle. The beaker shape should make up for the difference in volume though.

It used to be TNT, Wat, but they renamed it Post.nl some time ago. Not sure why.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
After abusing my WW all day with nonstop vaporbonging, I decided to treat her with a fresh coat of wax. I couldn't find the crack pellets, so I improvized and used some Zapolish.

She sure looks purdy now. :brow:

I'm very impressed with how little ABV comes out of the spent bowl. I look at it afterward and think "that little bit got me this stoned?" :ko:

:peace:

I totally agree with Stu - my WW arrived on Friday and Saturday was spent learning and vaping and wow - it hits hard and smooth - lovely to look at and very much impressed my friends - lots of smiles - and sage nodding of heads :myday: The small amount required to get way up high is a very pleasant surprise. :)

Cookie's service has been spot on and all in all I am in a very good place - thourouhly recommended :tup:

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@OTA. I think your right and they probably hold about the same volume. I'm quite enjoying this large tube I've got atm. It's big but I've just been filling it with a touch of water and tons of ice. Those tasty icy shots have been lush on these hot sweaty days!!!

@Stu. Crack pellets :lol: Glad to see your treating your little Wych well ;)

@Canny. It got there finally woop!!! and in time for some good weekend testing :science::ko: Glad your enjoying it so far :tup:

J.R.R.Tokin',

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I used to have a 500ml Ehle & I do miss it sometimes. It was a bit to large to be my daily driver, but it was rather nice for when you're in the mood for those bigger rips. Perhaps I'll buy another one one day. I don't have a real grasp on the volume of the new piece tbh, I'll have to measure it when it gets here.

Congrats cannybag, I think it was yours I was tracking first :lol:

Have you figured out how to post pics here yet? :cool:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Look what I got today guyz :haw:

minip1020015.jpg

I opted for a leather bottom & got a really special one:

minip1020011.jpg

I've only tried a couple of bowls so far, but I really like how it performs. The Sapele wood has a nice smooth finish and I just love the grain, the lines are really freaky & it's easy to get lost in them. It also has the weirdest colors, I've only determined a shiny copper so far & am still undecided on the other ones. It is really tiny, even smaller than my HI. Here are a few comparison shots with my HI & UD:

minip1020009.jpg

minip1020022.jpg

minip1020013.jpg

minip1020012.jpg

On the left in the picture above you see another Wychwood. It's made out of tulip wood and it's the one I ordered first. Unfortunately it arrived as a DOA & Cookie send me the sapele wood to see if I'd like that as a replacement. I do so the tulip will go back to Cookie so he can fix it and will be up for grabs soon probably, so if anyone is interest you better send him an email fast ;)

Here are a few more shots:

minip1020017.jpg

minip1020019.jpg

minip1020030.jpg

Uhm, wut..?

:evil:

edit: I almost forgot:

@ what voltage do other more experienced WW users with a VV-PSU prefer to use your WW, and what is your favorite screen depth/height with the GonG stem?

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You Wychwood folks sure are quiet people :rolleyes:

I was just wondering what color ABV y'all are getting, if anyone feels like sharing that is.

I have no problems getting clouds with the Wychwood, but I find it hard to actually finish a bowl with mine. I get it to a light green/golden color at best with the GonG stem.

I got the screen about a cm deep at it's lowest point now and I use around 0,1 to 0,15 gram of finely ground herb, loosely packed. Voltage set at 12,2V, higher then that gets a bit harsh ime.

What am I doing wrong guyz? :shrug:

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@OTA. Thanks for the pics and the run down. That's a lot of nice wood your sporting there. Loving the new glass too :) About the abv - I know the colour is a bit light for you but has it been well extracted? There are a few things you can do to get the last few goodies out like tamping down a bit, slower draw and stirring. If you try and hit that abv in a hotter vape do you get lots more hits or just one last not very tasty weak hit?

@Jepp. Thanks a lot :)

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: OhTheAgony

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@Ed'sTnT. Thanks for the trade :) I'm looking forward to spinning your Wychwood. I don't know if the Irish Walnut is as stunning as the bits you gave to Alan for your HI's, but it's still a sweet piece of wood :tup:

Speaking of sweet wood, I got some in the other day and I think my cat Harley approved :D
sdc11384k.th.jpg

I just finished a set for a local near me. He came over after he saw the Wychwood I made for a mutual friend. His favourite colour is purple, so when he saw the Purple Heart I had he snapped it up. Here's what I came up with for him.
sdc11395a.jpg

I finally have my camera back and working and am hoping to get some time next week to spin some specials and get them up on the website, and some stems too. I keep meaning to forge ahead with Wychwood stuff but life seems to have other plans at the moment!

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That sure is one beautiful combo, love that Caddy too
tup.gif

Thanks Cookie, yeah, it's starting to become a really nice collection if I may say so myself. I wish there weren't so many nice species of wood though, they just keep me craving for more :uhoh::brow:

I do only get a few wispy hits if I try the WW-ABV in another vape, but I think that's because there are only high-temp goodies left in it, most of the THC seems already gone at that point. But I do need those other goodies too, & the fact remains that I simply get significantly fewer hits from the same material & quantity with most Wychwood bowls compared to my other two logs.

I had a breakthrough last night though. After messing around with a Solo stem & the WW I realized it's mostly the bowl design I have problems with.

I'll explain this to the readers for a minute here:

Most logs use bowls or stems that have the heater port inserted to them or are inserted in the heater port themselves, but with most WW bowls/stems you just put them together but they don't really slide in to each other. This means that the heat source is further away from the herbs when vaporizing, thus leading to lower vape temps. The center tube of the WW's heater core is made out of a thicker tubing, so it won't slide in to any of the stems of my other logs as well, with the exception of the more flexible silicon UD stems. But since one of the goals on my own personal vapor journey is to find ways around the silicon (I don't like the taste to much, although it helps if the stem is seasoned properly) so I won't be using those.

Here are two photo's to demonstrate what I mean if my description wasn't clear enough:

minip1020074.jpg

minip1020075.jpg

As you can see the Wychwood's heater port only goes up to the edge of the stem (I'm using the GonG WW bowl as an example here), where the HI will go down all the way to the screen when wanted.

Anyways, long story short: after trying out the Solo stem with the WW I went looking through all my glass bits to see if I could come up with a better solution (the Solo stem didn't work to well with my waterpipe's reducer adapter) when I suddenly realized Cookie had send me a whole bucket of accessories I hadn't really looked in to & right there I found this:

minip1020070.jpg

Looks like the solution to my problem came with the Wychwood all along :lol:

It took me a while to figure it out, but as it turns out my problem wasn't really with how the WW performs but more with the design of most of the stems that come with it. I get a nice dark ABV with the stem above at 11,8V, just like I want it to.

I wish the GonG stem also went around the heater port though, it may be just me, but I feel it's necessary for thorough extraction. Are you still working on other stems perhaps, Cookie? If possible I think it would be a big improvement if you could come up with a GonG stem that goes around the heater port made out of a single piece of glass to eliminate the use of silicon completely.

When I was going through the accessories yesterday I realized I hadn't even mentioned most of them yet, so here's a closer look at all the goodies that came with my WW:

minip1020067.jpg

There's two packages of different size screens, an aroma cup, a little key-chain stash container, a pipe cleaning tool with a poke/stir attachment & a spoon, a dowel for easy screen placement, wax beads for wood maintenance, a muslin bag, & in the little roll on the blue lid of the container everything came in are some pipe cleaners & two wooden stir tools. Then the 3 stems (I already had the slide holders, those weren't included).

minip1020077.jpg

Plus (I almost forgot to photograph it) a 14,4mm GonG attachment that can be used for direct draw with the GonG stem as well as the one on the right in that^^ photo.

Correct me if I forgot anything please, I have so many vaporizer accessories that I can't always tell which ones belong with which vape anymore & I might have misplaced one or two items.

Hey guys, it's been awhile - a perfect time to make that WW video I promised a while back. Accompanying it are photos of the same bowl's abv from a WW that is normally being run 24/7 on a ordinary 12V power supply. This is using the current WPA which goes into the heater port - I'm curious how a change in design so that the bowl would surround the heater core would change and possibly improve the WW. I'm still very happy with the WW and it has largely reigned as my at-home vaporizer.

yx6uf.jpg
kmSgg.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, finally, a sign of alive. I was beginning to think I'm the only one here posting here :rant:

Cool vid man :tup: New bubbler?

I'm not gonna go by the ABV pics to much, since mine always looks so different in color then the photographed ABV looks in the pictures :shrug:

But didn't you get the stem made out of two pieces of glass tubing that are held together with a bit of silicon tubing? If not you could try a solo stem to get an impression of how it functions, I believe you still have yours? The bowl will seem a bit wide, but just press the center tube of the heater against the herbs & it'll work. One of GonG Solo stems would work even better probably, but I still haven't gotten myself one of those so that's a bit of a guess on my end.

It's kinda odd how I mix up my stem use. Recently my CRZ stem became my favorite to use with the HI, & I really like way the GonG WW stem works with my UD :lol:

Do you have any tips on screen height & load size you like to use with your WW perhaps? Or isn't the WW all that sensitive to those factors in your experience?

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Sorry for the slow response OTA. Thanks for the kind words on the Purple Heart set I was pretty proud of that one :D And thanks also for the detailed report on stem action. I'm glad you found a way to use it to your satisfaction in the end. I will look into a way to make the GonG stem work like the basic with the port being able to fully insert.

When it comes to screen height on the GonG I basically have the screen as close to the lip as possible. I like using the smaller 15mm screens to make a shallower cup - you can trim the screen once you have domed it so the top edge is flat. A typically load for me is approximately .1. I stir every hit and pack down with the dowel for the first one to create a bit of air restriction.

Nice vid CDS :) And very nice bub. What's the mouth piece like - cobra head? I'm glad your WW is still serving you well.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No worries man, I know you have a lot going on atm :tup:

I just wonder where all the WW guys are at, but it's been quiet on FC for a while now, must be the summer time I guess.

It would be great if you could come up with a stem like that, but I'm also just curious how other use theirs.

Another way to accomplish the same result could be a thinner SS tubing for the center tube, but that may be a bit radical.. :rolleyes:

I'm still using the screen that was already placed in the GonG stem btw, I just put it a little lower. I think mine holds about 0,1 as well, but I don't really pack it. I should test that, normally I only pack bowls when they're almost done if I want to get everything out of it. It's heat up time i guess :brow:

OhTheAgony,
As others have kind of suggested, I've experimented with slipping an o-ring over the mouthpiece end of this stem type.
minip1020070.jpg

And then placing it into 14mm female GonG joints for an airtight seal. This gives you a WPA with a larger bowl and what are probably slightly denser hits and maybe better extractions. There's also a variable temperature option in that you decide how far you wish to slide the heater core into the bowl section - I barely create the seal for starting a session and gradually bring it closer to finish things off. I think this improvised WPAsystem is similar to one I saw used with the HI in a video some months back.

OTA, the Solo stem is quite loose around my WW's heater cover, I don't think it'd be ideal but I'll try later maybe.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I haven't tried an O-ring yet, but it works with a 14mm GonG connection without one to. It may be a bit more wiggly though.

Yeah, the Solo bowls are a bit to big & I wouldn't recommend them for daily use. I only suggested it for when you didn't have that ^^ stem, just so you'd get an idea of how it would function when you make a seal with the herb instead of relying on the stem itself to do so.

Do you use some sort of variable voltage with your logs btw?

OhTheAgony,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Am sure the Irish Oak will be very nice! Am awful anxious to see it for sure! If you have finished it and could take a pic, I sure would like a sneak peek!

Ed's TnT,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey hey Ed's. I had a few issues with my lathe that put me back a bit, sorry, but have those issues sorted now. I will definitely take a pic tomorrow of your Irish and post it as a tease ;)

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: Ed's TnT
Yeah, I'm definitely liking the new WPA setup more than the old. The larger bowl translates to larger hits and better airflow, and you get the advantage of that certain degree of temperature control.

Hey OTA, I added the O-ring because I couldn't get mine to seal adequately in my 14mm adapter for some reason. They both seem round but it's the kind of round that won't jive - it won't seal well, unlike say a Solo stem.

That bubbler is an Ill-G showerhead that I got from Pinoy (thanks bro, great meeting you) what must be like 2 years ago. If you look close it has a broken rondel (foot) from when I recently knocked it off the desk. I still gotta work up the courage to attempt the repair. It's a great piece for sure, very hefty. I wish it were a little more compact and had a tinier bit more capacity but it has been a terrific desk piece for the entire time I've had it. On the variable voltage power supply question, nah I'm just using a 12V cheapo power supply, although I need to invest in a cool variable one like some of you guys have.

Greenscreen

Have joined the WW gang!
It arrived this morning :)
Much smaller then I imagined it to be - lovely piece of kit
I'm just acquiring myself some nice herbs and then I will try the little fella out
Will be back with pics later and some after thoughts .. Big thanks to Cookie!

Top Bottom