Discontinued WizVape new portable in 2013

HSIHP

looks like we're in business!

edit: after watching the video, it kinda sucks that the herb attachment has an exposed coil. I think that turns me off right away.

HSIHP,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
looks like we're in business!

edit: after watching the video, it kinda sucks that the herb attachment has an exposed coil. I think that turns me off right away.

I think that it has a clear piece of glass between the coil and the herb. Later in the video you see them take the tobacco and the crucible out. The herb does not fall through so there must be some sort of bottom to the crucible. It looks like the coil stays behind. Go back and check out the video at like 1 minute and 18 seconds.

Slightly Medicated,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hands up those who want to use their battery power to stir the load instead of heat it.

Thought so.

pakalolo,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Hands up those who want to use their battery power to stir the load instead of heat it.

Thought so.
i think the mixer is manual. but it doesn't seem like it would do very much.. it shows it pretty good at 1:03

Buildozer,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
they say it'll be in stock june 28th so maybe someone will do a real review early july. It better be kinda special in someway for 270 bucks .

RUDE BOY,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I asked them where is made and assembled...... still waiting for the answer...
(Cause many vapes are made from China..... and the quality controls are very low in this country)

LeTchen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i think the mixer is manual. but it doesn't seem like it would do very much.. it shows it pretty good at 1:03

You're right, I made a bad conclusion. This second video makes it clear. I don't think we can judge its effectiveness yet, however.

pakalolo,

toros23

Nothing like a clear bowl for world to see exactly what it is you are vaping :D

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.. I am really on the fence with this one, seems sort of gimmicky but the 60 second heatup time has me very intrigued.

toros23,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I wish the manufacturer nothing but the best, but IMHO, I don't see the Wiz Vape being competitive with the other "pocket portables" out there now. The pre-order price for the Wiz Vape is $269. After the pre-order is over, the price will go up. It's larger and more expensive than the Cera, the Pax, the Inhalater XP, The Pinnacle, etc. The quality of materials doesn't seem to compare to the vapes mentioned which are at the $249 price point. Not exactly stealthy either with that clear bowl. What were they thinking? :doh:

EDIT: I just looked at the measurements on the website: 6.25" x .86" Sure does look bigger than that in the video.

toros23

The quality of materials doesn't seem to compare to the vapes mentioned which are at the $249 price point.

I was actually thinking the materials in this guy were looking pretty good. Quartz glass, ceramic and anodized aluminum and also RoHS compliant. What am I missing?

Have you ever looked at the inside of a Pax or any other $250 portable vape?

toros23,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
In terms of parts and quality I would say this one probably has a leg up on many of the ones you mentioned Crohnie. I am really liking the Quartz glass crucible/oven/bowl.

I also like the clear bowl. Stealth is never an issue for me and I would prefer to see what I have to work with over having to remove the oven like the PAX or pull out the capsule like the Inhalator.

Who knows if it preforms well, it should have a chance in this market.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Mynameismud

baltik

I mean you could simply wrap a little electrical tape around the bowl for stealth mode, maybe something high temp. My main concern is that the stir feature implies a lot of conduction - I could obviously be off in my assumption.

baltik,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I had the answer of the manufacturer :
"The PX1 is design in the U.S. and build and assemble in Singapore.
Wizvape "

So we'll can find the same soon on AliBaba... much more cheaper !!!

LeTchen,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Im confused, So there is an exposed coil for herbs and the glass crucible for oils?

Seems like another "epipe", may be good for oils but at $269 and rising id rather just get a cera LL&EO for a little extra. And the stir feature looks like a joke, in the video its just rotating a block of ground herbs, not stiring it.

Hope im wrong, fear im not...

Mynameismud,

GoGlass

And the stir feature looks like a joke, in the video its just rotating a block of ground herbs, not stiring it.

Hope im wrong, fear im not...

I think that there is multiple spikes inside, so when you rotating the chamber there is REAL stiring.

I have already ask some question to wizvape, about the crucible :

" ......
Although this is currently transparent as well, we'll definitely plan for dark tinted versions, and you'll definitely be the first to know when they are available.
..."

And about the heating process :

"
The glass/ceramic crucible bowl is close off on the base, the base is glass. Because its close off you can also use concentrates .

There is a space between the bowl and the heating coil it's using radiant heat . The heat is transmitted by infrared radiation from a heat source, and not from conduction or convection

"

So this vape seems VERY interesting, i have just fear about the heat in my mouth, because the distance
between my mouth and the material is so close........the vapor has not enough path to cool down.....

GoGlass,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
So this vape seems VERY interesting, i have just fear about the heat in my mouth, because the distance
between my mouth and the material is so close........the vapor has not enough path to cool down.....
It's actually surprisingly possible to keep vapor pleasant after a short path from the heater; the ThermoVape folks pulled it off with the Cera in loose leaf mode where you're ~1 inch away from a nichrome heating coil that hits temperatures >1000ºF. Their solution involves an obstructive ceramic filter (sometimes called a 'UFO') built into the mouthpiece.

It would be cool to see other vapes with a similar form factor, like the Inhalater or this one, incorporate something like it. I'm not expecting to see that here, though.

nopartofme,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I think that there is multiple spikes inside, so when you rotating the chamber there is REAL stiring.

I have already ask some question to wizvape, about the crucible :

" ......
Although this is currently transparent as well, we'll definitely plan for dark tinted versions, and you'll definitely be the first to know when they are available.
..."

And about the heating process :

"
The glass/ceramic crucible bowl is close off on the base, the base is glass. Because its close off you can also use concentrates .

There is a space between the bowl and the heating coil it's using radiant heat . The heat is transmitted by infrared radiation from a heat source, and not from conduction or convection

"

About the stiring...i was just basing it off of the video. They stir it in the video and it just rotates it, not really stiring. I hope your right. The heating process sounds a little better from that description.

At $269 to preorder, im not gonna be an early adopter, and if the prices rise after that and there isnt great reviews i think ill go with the cera over this still. But maybe ill be wrong and have to get one of these.

Mynameismud,

toros23

The spinning action in the animated version looks really effective but judging by the real video footage it looks like they couldn't pull it off. From the most recent video, it looks like the little brick of material is just spinning in circles and not actually stirring.

I preordered early Monday and am going to be a guinea pig on this one. My expectations are pretty low, so keep that in mind when I post my reviews. June is certainly looking interesting for testing new portables.

Tweek

The spinning action in the animated version looks really effective but judging by the real video footage it looks like they couldn't pull it off. From the most recent video, it looks like the little brick of material is just spinning in circles and not actually stirring.

I preordered early Monday and am going to be a guinea pig on this one. My expectations are pretty low, so keep that in mind when I post my reviews. June is certainly looking interesting for testing new portables.

You are a brave man. :D

visionaries

Interested to see how this goes, for a minute I was afraid that I hastily bought an inhalater when there were other better portables coming out, but I will need to see more about this bad boy before I make my mind up.

visionaries,
Top Bottom