Why Cannabis in Colorado and Washington Isn't Really Legal

Following the the OP's logic, beer is illegal! Who knew? :rolleyes:

I do agree that the impairment thresholds as they currently stand are utterly ridiculous. But it is a legal fact that you always could get a DUI in the state of Washington for using cannabis in a moving car. Last time I had to take my dipshit friend to court, the kid right before him got DUI for smoking in his car, no blood test needed.

A lot of the fear surrounding the "green DUI" has been intentionally generated by certain parties in the medical mj camp, who wanted to keep the herb illicit, and their profit margins sky-high. They were the only credible, well-financed opponents to legalization in Washington.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Here in Oregon its DUII and they do arrest people for driving with pain patches etc . . .
You may be found guilty of Driving while Under the Influence of Intoxicants (DUII) if you operate a motor vehicle while you are under the influence of intoxicating liquor, and/or a controlled substance.

t-dub,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I guess the roads are going to be empty cause most are on antidepressants which did a lot more to me then vaping. I guess 90% of the people better get off the road.

Dreamerr,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I've honestly driven vaped many times and have never had any issues. I don't feel that it "impairs" people to the point to be reckless, dangerous, or make stupid mistakes. In fact, I think I gain better concentration because 100% of my focus goes to driving vs checking my phone, playing with music, thinking of whatever, etc....

I thought it was pretty cool that WA and CO legalized, but looking at it, there is still a long way to go. Until then, i'll just get my CA med card renewed ;)

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
If you want to know the difference, try riding a bicycle when you are drunk as opposed to when you are high . . . better wear a helmet and pads for the alcohol test ;)
I ride my bike high all the time and have never even come CLOSE to having an accident. I haven't been drunk in MANY years due to my Crohn's Disease, but I have tried to ride a bike drunk back in the old days. Needless to say, it was nearly impossible.

On the other hand, my dear mother, (RIP) who could drink any frat boy under the table, and drove for 50 years, never once came close to having an accident and received ONE ticket in 50 years. Weird, huh?

That said, If I had a choice between a driver who was drunk and one who was high, there's no question I'd go with the person who was stoned.

EDIT: I really miss my mother. She was quite a firecracker and a formidable woman. :nod:

Top Bottom