What makes cannabis medical?

Ohmie

Govrnmnt fund adult circumcision & frenuloplasty!
Is marijuana a noun or a verb? I don't see much a problem with the name. I'm just sick and tired of being "sick" and "tired"..everybody just does the "why are you making it complicated? It's easy" and tells you JUST stop consuming and everything will be fine, like black mailers..my mom even goes as far as telling me I can't hold my liquor because of her singular past experience of not being able to hold her own liquor, so I figure I'm some kind of mutant seed that isn't to interact with alcohol or anything like it..and I'm the one being called "under the influence

Last edited:
Ohmie,

EverythingsHazy

I consider Cannabis medical, when it provides symptom relief for a diagnosed medical condition.

I am on the fence about considering using it for it's relaxing/distracting effects, to be medical" use. The reasoning against considering this type of use to be "medical", is that alcohol does the same in a lot of situations, for a lot of people, and I don't think anyone would consider drinking to be "medical". The reasoning in support of considering it medical use, is that anti-anxiety drugs (ie. Xanax) are considered medical. I think there are two main differences:
-The commonly used doses for anti-anxiety medications are not high enough to provide a significant buzz, if any at all. You are usually just supposed to take enough to remove the anxiety without getting buzzed/stoned.
-People who are using anti-anxiety drugs the way they are supposed to be used don't just use them to be relaxed, but instead, use them to get rid of clinical anxiety. You aren't supposed to just take some
Xanax every day to feel good.

I have absolutely nothing against the term "recreational use", because I believe the large majority of people use Cannabis purely for enjoyment purposes, including many of those who claim to be medical users. Just because it is less harmful than alcohol, doesn't mean the reason those people are using it is any different.

I do, however, dislike the use of the terms "medicating"/"medicated" and the phrase "I was really medicated", when referring to getting/being buzzed/stoned. The term "medicated" indicates the presence of medicine in someone/something. It isn't a word that describes a feeling caused by that medication. You can be heavily medicated and be stoned, or be heavily medicated and not feel anything at all. Saying that you "got very medicated last night" doesn't really fit well. If anything, using the this language makes a mockery of the efforts to get Cannabis' medical potential recognized and utilized by the medical world. It comes across as trying to make it seem like you are somehow different than those who admit to enjoying a Cannabis buzz. It would sound ridiculous if someone who was stressed had several and got drunk, and then referred to said drinking as "medicating" or said level of drunkenness as having gotten "very medicated".

There's nothing wrong with consuming Cannabis purely/partially for enjoyment purposes. Using semantics to mask that kind of use, just sets the world back a few steps, by adding to the stigma that getting stoned (and not doing anything dangerous) is a bad thing.

C No Ego

This entire cannabis situation is just documented proof that there is no god, and all thats left to be is the bad guy. Anything is medicinal like quality air, drinking water and cooked food.. I can do anything healthily..they don't make bulletproof and child proof lids on pepper dispensers so why start doing it with something less powerful..is Jesus medicinal? Nope, he represents death, hallucinations and sacrificial slaughter but he's the drug they're selling. I thought I could be anything within reason but all folk want is the twisted fantasy..I use for my anxiety and you're telling me thats illegal

one day we will have to prove that breathing air is medical and not Recreational! even if you enjoy doing it and will die without it it is medical only!

X2 @nicelytoasted ,
like you, I hate the demeaning terms "marijuana" and "recreational use".

I like the term "therapeutic" as it covers traditional medical (treat the issue after it has blossomed into a disease) and also covers 99% of adult responsible use.
Cannabis is the best preventative medicine , bar none, as you stated. Nothing comes close as it tunes up our innate endocannabinoid system to do its job better, keep all our systems in balance.

THC does get a bad rap, cuz it makes folks feel good. People spend billions on anti-depressants and what's the opposite of depressed.....feeling good. It's the puritanical influence where anything that makes you feel good must be the work of the devil....

It is really sad that medical cannabis programs focus on fixing the disease rather than preventing it.
Like they say, a milligram of prevention is worth 1000 kilograms of cure, or something like that :)
Cannabis should be legal for therapeutic use, as the ultimate preventative medicine.

I just petitioned our state to add "Endocannabinoid Deficiency Syndrome" as a covered med condition. I expect it will be rejected and will not go on to the next phase of public input

That is awesome man! great idea... they would then need to prove that your ECS is not lacking vital active compounds needed from the world you live in... Boost your ECS lest you get "EDS" LOL

I consider Cannabis medical, when it provides symptom relief for a diagnosed medical condition.

I am on the fence about considering using it for it's relaxing/distracting effects, to be medical" use. The reasoning against considering this type of use to be "medical", is that alcohol does the same in a lot of situations, for a lot of people, and I don't think anyone would consider drinking to be "medical". The reasoning in support of considering it medical use, is that anti-anxiety drugs (ie. Xanax) are considered medical. I think there are two main differences:
-The commonly used doses for anti-anxiety medications are not high enough to provide a significant buzz, if any at all. You are usually just supposed to take enough to remove the anxiety without getting buzzed/stoned.
-People who are using anti-anxiety drugs the way they are supposed to be used don't just use them to be relaxed, but instead, use them to get rid of clinical anxiety. You aren't supposed to just take some
Xanax every day to feel good.

I have absolutely nothing against the term "recreational use", because I believe the large majority of people use Cannabis purely for enjoyment purposes, including many of those who claim to be medical users. Just because it is less harmful than alcohol, doesn't mean the reason those people are using it is any different.

I do, however, dislike the use of the terms "medicating"/"medicated" and the phrase "I was really medicated", when referring to getting/being buzzed/stoned. The term "medicated" indicates the presence of medicine in someone/something. It isn't a word that describes a feeling caused by that medication. You can be heavily medicated and be stoned, or be heavily medicated and not feel anything at all. Saying that you "got very medicated last night" doesn't really fit well. If anything, using the this language makes a mockery of the efforts to get Cannabis' medical potential recognized and utilized by the medical world. It comes across as trying to make it seem like you are somehow different than those who admit to enjoying a Cannabis buzz. It would sound ridiculous if someone who was stressed had several and got drunk, and then referred to said drinking as "medicating" or said level of drunkenness as having gotten "very medicated".

There's nothing wrong with consuming Cannabis purely/partially for enjoyment purposes. Using semantics to mask that kind of use, just sets the world back a few steps, by adding to the stigma that getting stoned (and not doing anything dangerous) is a bad thing.
But, people do not want to wait to be sick to then medicate.... why wait if cannabis can be a preventive medication used regularly to boost your ECS.. that is the medical act- to boost your ECS... no other reason and anyone (recreation-ally or not) who has taken the molecules from the cannabis plant and placed them into their bodies have boosted their ECS.. again, it is why every cannabis act is a medical one

edit... and because we are aware beings we will feel any neuronal influences that touch upon our awareness/receptors... having something in the background you are not aware of is called pain medication prescribed by doctors that do not allow you to localize pain but hide it all!

howie105

It is basally what it was two thousand years ago, what it is now and in all likelihood (hope) what will be two thousand years from now. All we do is relate to it in the short period of time we are alive and aware.

C No Ego

You can't compare alcohol with cannabis. Alcohol has no redeeming qualities except cause illness, organ problems and cancer.

They've been testing cannabis and finding out that it shrinks some cancers, like breast cancers.

Green dragon Tincture... alcohol is great for holding suspended properties like the cannabinoids that allow for measurable dosing.. turmeric too, is one I use in tincture sometimes. we have a separate part in our stomachs too to digest alcohol and fermentation.. just tiny qualities though and not booze hound style of a liter a Day! crazy people no doubt who over indulge... can't say that about cannabis and personal use though so I'm not judging anyone :leaf:

It is basally what it was two thousand years ago, what it is now and in all likelihood (hope) what will be two thousand years from now. All we do is relate to it in the short period of time we are alive and aware.
In Zen You See Me Now... :peace:

EverythingsHazy

one day we will have to prove that breathing air is medical and not Recreational! even if you enjoy doing it and will die without it it is medical only!

That is awesome man! great idea... they would then need to prove that your ECS is not lacking vital active compounds needed from the world you live in... Boost your ECS lest you get "EDS" LOL

But, people do not want to wait to be sick to then medicate.... why wait if cannabis can be a preventive medication used regularly to boost your ECS.. that is the medical act- to boost your ECS... no other reason and anyone (recreation-ally or not) who has taken the molecules from the cannabis plant and placed them into their bodies have boosted their ECS.. again, it is why every cannabis act is a medical one

edit... and because we are aware beings we will feel any neuronal influences that touch upon our awareness/receptors... having something in the background you are not aware of is called pain medication prescribed by doctors that do not allow you to localize pain but hide it all!
It may have medicinal properties, but I don't consider all consumption to be medical use. Lots of fruits have anti-oxidants and other beneficial chemicals, but I don't consider eating fruit to be medical use. If you are taking it just for that purpose, and not because you want the buzz, then possibly. Otherwise, I'd say it's recreational use with potentially beneficial, medical side-effects.

You can't compare alcohol with cannabis. Alcohol has no redeeming qualities except cause illness, organ problems and cancer.

They've been testing cannabis and finding out that it shrinks some cancers, like breast cancers.
I wouldn't say that. Alcohol can help ease physical and psychological pain, as well as removing anxiety/stress, all of which are reasons people use Cannabis.

They are also both psychoactive, so they are very much comparable.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: C No Ego

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Alcohol can help ease physical and psychological pain, as well as removing anxiety/stress, all of which are reasons people use Cannabis.

They are also both psychoactive, so they are very much comparable.

Ice cream can also ease psychological pain, anxiety, and stress, all of which are reasons people use cannabis. It's also psychoactive, as the casomorphin in dairy milk stimulates an opioid like response on the brain. Ice cream, like alcohol, however, makes you sick every time you use it. Cannabis heals every time you use it. This is supreme difference.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Clinical trials have tested the effects of marijuana on diseases such as HIV/AIDS, arthritis, glaucoma, cancer, attention deficit disorder/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, neuropathy, seizures, bipolar disorder, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy, emotion regulation, restless leg syndrome, broken back/spinal cord injury, diabetes, hypertension, irritable bowel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, sciatica and recovery from surgery.

Edit
I personally have five of the health problems listed above.
For folks that can't take antiinflammatories for pain there aren't any options out there except for natural remedies.

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

Ice cream can also ease psychological pain, anxiety, and stress, all of which are reasons people use cannabis. It's also psychoactive, as the casomorphin in dairy milk stimulates an opioid like response on the brain. Ice cream, like alcohol, however, makes you sick every time you use it. Cannabis heals every time you use it. This is supreme difference.
Ice cream makes you sick every time you use it? What are you even talking about? Maybe if your lactose intolerant lmao.

The fact is, all things have potential negative side effects. If you have stress/anxiety, and alcohol helps relieve it, just because it has more negatives than Cannabis, doesn't take away from the fact that it relieved those symptoms, which is just as "medical" as using Cannabis for those reasons.

EverythingsHazy,

Ohmie

Just like you get a note from your doctor to your boss prescribing you the day off, weed is medicinal..alcohol would never in a million years be endorsed by your doctor unless it was wine/all natural..I don't think there's much to say after that about vs alcohol.
I Am Lactose Intolerant so the doctor suggests 2% milk
Weed doesn't negatively effect my performance at all. I've only ever been at a loss of words in response to "dumb" questions and statements from folk who literally know better, so they're more like blackmailers.

Last edited:
Ohmie,

VapurrDo

medicating with cannabis its a bit like doc mcstuffins... you take meds and sing along magical toys... wait that wasnt cannabis...

VapurrDo,

VapurrDo

sorry for double post couldnt find the quote button...

this is true... maybe today we know more strains than what even existed before (lets say 1000 years ago) so maybe were going through some sort of second golden age of cannabis... but who knows maybe they did have things like Kush, Haze 10000 years ago?

Last edited:
VapurrDo,

EverythingsHazy

Do more research. Then read your signature. Then lol.
You keep commenting to read my signature, when it's directed at people like you who make nonsense claims, such as ice cream making you sick every time you eat it. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, and definitely don't go around stating those things as fact.

I've eaten ice cream hundreds of times and have never gotten sick from it. Almost everyone you say that nonsense to will laugh at you.

They'd also laugh at your comparison
between ice cream, and drugs like alcohol and Cannabis.

If you think ice cream is that similar to an opioid, you must consider it medicinal, too, because opioids are definitely compounds with medicinal properties, and you must must also wonder why people don't just consume large amounts of delicious ice cream when they want to get an option buzz doing. Why waste your time getting and using prescription drugs illegally if you can just eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's? :lol:

Clinical trials have tested the effects of marijuana on diseases such as HIV/AIDS, arthritis, glaucoma, cancer, attention deficit disorder/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, neuropathy, seizures, bipolar disorder, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy, emotion regulation, restless leg syndrome, broken back/spinal cord injury, diabetes, hypertension, irritable bowel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, sciatica and recovery from surgery.

Edit
I personally have five of the health problems listed above.
For folks that can't take antiinflammatories for pain there aren't any options out there except for natural remedies.
Nobody is saying it doesn't potentially help those things. If you take it solely to treat those ailments, you are consuming it medicinally. If you just benefit from some of its positive side-effects, while using it for enjoyment, that's just recreational use with beneficial side-effects.

That's not necessarily true. Two thousand years ago, people didn't have the same growing knowledge or techniques available to them, so even if we ignore selective breeding which has undoubtably produced more potent, and often more THC dominant strains, we could still push two thousand year old plants far past their old limits.

Things like added nutrient formulas specially made for Cannabis plants, high powered lights with custom spectrums, climate control, infection/infestation control, and prevention of pollinating* all contribute to the crops potency/chemical ratios.

Giving a clone from the same plant to one person with access to modern Cannabis cultivation knowledge and botanical technology, and one person with only ancient methods of growing, will produce vastly different results.

*It's very possible they culled males to produce sinsemilla buds thousands of years ago, they rarely even did this in the 50's-70's. The odds they were better growers thousands of years ago, are slim.

Just like you get a note from your doctor to your boss prescribing you the day off, weed is medicinal..alcohol would never in a million years be endorsed by your doctor unless it was wine/all natural..I don't think there's much to say after that about vs alcohol.
I Am Lactose Intolerant so the doctor suggests 2% milk
Weed doesn't negatively effect my performance at all. I've only ever been at a loss of words in response to "dumb" questions and statements from folk who literally know better, so they're more like blackmailers.
So your definition of medical use, is use prescribed by a doctor? That would invalidate the medical status of the use by everyone who consumes Cannabis without a prescription.

sorry for double post couldnt find the quote button...

this is true... maybe today we know more strains than what even existed before (lets say 1000 years ago) so maybe were going through some sort of second golden age of cannabis... but who knows maybe they did have crossbreeds and things like Kush, Haze 10000 years ago?
It's not that we discovered more strains. We've bred them from different landrace populations. They didn't have the same strains we have now, aside from the untouched land races that can still be found.

Last edited:
EverythingsHazy,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
and you must must also wonder why people don't just consume large amounts of delicious ice cream when they want to get an option buzz doing.

So why do you think they do it? Because it's cold? If you did more research you would see I'm right, but I know your ego is too big to believe anybody but yourself. It's always the same thing with you, a shame really. None of us can take you serious from the cannabreak thread anyways where you proved you really are your signatures reflection.

invertedisdead,

VapurrDo

its true that stuff that comes from cows and beef in general can hurt the body but generally taste good (some people are alergic to milk, beef is though to digest, etc) but icecream nowadays doesnt contain much milk if any... if it causes adiction or a misconfort its probably very rare, specific to a person or a particular icecream brand

VapurrDo,

EverythingsHazy

So why do you think they do it? Because it's cold? If you did more research you would see I'm right, but I know your ego is too big to believe anybody but yourself. It's always the same thing with you, a shame really. None of us can take you serious from the cannabreak thread anyways where you proved you really are your signatures reflection.
They don't. When people want an opiod buzz, they take opioids.

Why do people eat ice cream? Because it's delicious...? Anything pleasurable gives chemical reward responses. Nobody is denying that that. However, if you think people eat it to get buzzed, there's no point discussing anything with you.

The only people who consistently disagree with most of what I say are those who like to pretend that Cannabis was put here to be a negative-free wonder plant for us to use. It wasn't. It exists by and for itself, and just so happens to have some beneficial properties when consumed by humans. It isn't 100% perfect. People who refuse to acknowledge that aren't worth wasting time talking to.

Being taken seriously by someone who thinks that ice cream makes you sick every time you eat it and is reasonably comparable to alcohol/cannabis in terms of psychoactivity, is not something I care about. I rather have intelligent conversations with people who don't make things up to suit their arguments, and who make an effort to avoid falling into the trap of many types of cognitive bias.

Last edited:
EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Ohmie

So your definition of medical use, is use prescribed by a doctor? That would invalidate the medical status of the use by everyone who consumes Cannabis without a prescription.

Also...
Talking to you is super redundant..I WAS DISPROVING ALCOHOLS MEDICAL PROPERTIES...also...yes I would consider doctor prescribed treatment as medical.

Ohmie,

EverythingsHazy

Talking to you is super redundant..I WAS DISPROVING ALCOHOLS MEDICAL PROPERTIES...also...yes I would consider doctor prescribed treatment as medical.
I don't know what you're yelling about. If you are saying that consuming alcohol to calm anxiety isn't medical use because a doctor wouldn't prescribe it, then what I said said is correct.

that completely explains how it is a medical act regardless of the condition of the user at the time of use... every person will have a preventive medicinal effect with use... cannabis is preventive medicine at most because of anti oxidant potential
Do you consider eating fruit with antioxidants to be medical use of fruit, even if that isn't the main reason the person is eating the fruit and they are just snacking because it tastes/feels good to do so?

Last edited:
EverythingsHazy,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We are all adults I hope, so I guess we will have to decide for ourselves what's medical and what works to treat our conditions. It's really sometimes trial and error. It's important to keep track.

People are commenting on the thread but nobody knows what some of us are going through and how much cannabis we use. Its really too difficult for some to comment about others and say what's good for them.

It's fine to have a comment and opinions but attacks aren't OK.

Last edited:

VapurrDo

anything health related is "medical" even smoking cigarettes are "medical" as in they will send you to the medic its just a bad medical not a good one... in canabis even used recreationnaly, it will impact the health and well being so it has therapeutic effects even on recreationnal users

VapurrDo,
Top Bottom