What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The link I posted above no longer seems to have units in stock. I find it hard to imagine that any vendor is likely to be resupplied so the VT75D is gonna be rough to find. I think the Think Vape DNA250C is more available tho I prefer 2 batteries to 3, but that's just me. There aren't a plethora of options for DNAc chips...

cybrguy,
Reactions: bossman

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Does anyone know of a Canadian one stop shopping source for a splinter, box mod and batteries?

hans solo,

flammy

I feel bad about the fasttech suggestion. I ordered couple mods and had no issues with them. I'm sorry I didn't realize they play games with stock like this.

I honestly don't think you should feel badly. I believe several people warned about potential delays if the item is not currently in stock. I proceeded understanding that this may happen. I am still going to keep my order open though. This is just too good of a price for a LV Triade and I know that I am not at risk if I actually give up on this.

I don’t need 3 cells, but i would like to order from a US seller.

Have you considered the Reuleuax DNA250? I got mine from Vgoodiez and its worked really well. He has the bronze version which some may be put off by but I am so glad he decided to stock this version. Looks really great against the wood splinters and they are actually a little tougher to find than the other versions. The fact that it was Vgoodiez just sealed the deal.

Does anyone know of a Canadian one stop shopping source for a splinter, box mod and batteries?

Try Sneaky Pete...although his Canadian shop may go by a different name.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Have you considered the Reuleuax DNA250?
I don’t need 3 cells, but i would like to order from a US seller.
It's strange they're so hard to find, yeah.

To flammy's suggestion: if you're interested in the bronze wismec dna250 I'll sell you mine for $60 shipped. It works well with my Splinter V1 and Z but I don't need three cell mods for home use and have been meaning to put it on the classifieds. No pressure either way but send me a pm if you want it.

Edit: flammy himself is interested in my bronze wismec if you don't want it so just let me know either way and thanks!

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I tried to put surmyevic on my P80 and the Wismec firmware updater kept giving me an error message about confirming my hardware version. It looks like if I want it to possibly work I have to download another program and edit files. Doesn’t seem worth my time, the DNA mods are far more worthwhile.

HerbieVonVapster

I tried to put surmyevic on my P80 and the Wismec firmware updater kept giving me an error message about confirming my hardware version. It looks like if I want it to possibly work I have to download another program and edit files. Doesn’t seem worth my time, the DNA mods are far more worthwhile.

Yes you need to use the updater for sur_myevic. I think Arctic fox updater will work if unable use this one if you have a mac os. I ended up using my old laptop and this link to download the VTCFont v3.5.4, FWUpdater v2.2.5 for windows.

http://www.ecigtalk.ru/forum/f16/t101158.html

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

sickmanfraud

Anyone tried the Think Vape DNA250C?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...lgo_pvid=4e65fb15-7b90-4759-a561-52222050ebfb

I have one and a second on the way. I like the screen (Flush with the exterior) so there are no corners of the screen that needs cleaning.

They only have Black and Silver in stock at that link. If you are interested I would not procrastinate.

I don't think you can find one cheaper. If you can please share the info.

For all involved, if purchasing an item from Fasttech make sure it is "in stock" or you can be waiting for a few weeks and still have to cancel.

flammy

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...lgo_pvid=4e65fb15-7b90-4759-a561-52222050ebfb

I have one and a second on the way. I like the screen (Flush with the exterior) so there are no corners of the screen that needs cleaning.

They only have Black and Silver in stock at that link. If you are interested I would not procrastinate.

I don't think you can find one cheaper. If you can please share the info.

For all involved, if purchasing an item from Fasttech make sure it is "in stock" or you can be waiting for a few weeks and still have to cancel.

Thanks for the link. I was looking at this vape too. Recently got the real story from Fasttech and they now don't know when my Triade will be back in stock.

I can wait but if this is just as good, I might cancel. I've read that Think Vape is inferior to Lost Vape when it comes to reliability or durability but who knows with all of the bullshit reviews out there now. You obviously like it so that says something.

flammy,

sickmanfraud

Thanks for the link. I was looking at this vape too. Recently got the real story from Fasttech and they now don't know when my Triade will be back in stock.

I can wait but if this is just as good, I might cancel. I've read that Think Vape is inferior to Lost Vape when it comes to reliability or durability but who knows with all of the bullshit reviews out there now. You obviously like it so that says something.

I don't see any difference between the Triade and the Finder. To be 100% honest, whatever is cheaper for a color I can tolerate (please no red or yellow) is what I would buy at this point.

On a totally different mod/topic:

I have been giving some thought to making my stempod, on a relatively inexpensive mod, my out and about vape since fewer things to break.

I was looking at the P80 so many of you guys have recommended and I found a Sinuous V80. can someone more knowledgeable about these particular mods (P80 and V80) please explain the differences in features?

Thanks

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: boon

Plutonic

I have a theory about when DNA mods are worth it and when they're not. I recently got a DNA250C (Paranormal) to use with my Splinters and an Imp, and it was absolutely perfect for TC: judging from the real-time monitor it stayed right on the temp, as long as I didn't draw super heavily (50W max). Recently I reverted to a P80 with sur_myevic plus my Imp for portability. Maybe I got lucky with my PID settings (P=1000, I=120, D=5), but again judging from the (FWUpdater) monitor, temp was steady enough (always within 10F, usually within 5F) that I didn't notice the fluctuation at all.

Now I'm a low-temp guy, so I never try to extract all the goodness and leave a dark brown ABV. Meaning that I never get close enough to combustion for minor temp fluctuations to affect the taste. So my theory is that if you never get close to combustion, and/or if you use power mode (which should crank out the same watts on DNA and non-DNA mods, right?) you may not need the additional precision of a DNA.

But maybe there's something else great and useful about DNA mods I'm overlooking?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My own experience with using wattage mode is that it performs much like a Milaana with sweeping temps rather than a steady temp. This works fine and if I couldn't get steady temps I would still enjoy these devices, but I find the DNA mod allows me much more precision and more stable temp control, and I DO prefer this method for effective extraction without much concern about scorching or combusting loads. I could certainly live without the DNA mod, but I do much prefer it.

HerbieVonVapster

Used the Milaana for years and wasn't till the splinter that I switched to regulated. The DNA chip has spoiled me and don't grab unregulated device except for the Nomad.

Getting the Elite with the DNA chip is the closes there is to my dream vaporizer. Being handcrafted wood is huge like of mine. It produces high quality vapor in an attractive package. The Elite is my DD. Since I really like this one, I'm going suggest giving it a look.

With no glass in pathway to break, a direct wired coil and 1 year warranty there is a lot to like. When you add 60-70 hits off single battery it's even better. The manufacture is supporting TC and it runs excellent on it.

With DNA chips from OH, the buttons and coil from CO and body construction in NY. Really can't get much more made in America than this one. Might not mean much to some.... but I'm proud to support and use a handcrafted made in America device :).

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just uploaded it, unzip, started the updater following the steps mentionned in the Lamart website under Firmware section... and when I plugged My Evic Mini I can see "unknow device"... and it seems it is recommanded to go on the Artic Fox firmware to load something to fix my issue (or maybe only to upload Artic Fox?!?)...

Any help appreciated... I want to do that cause it seems my Evic is going crazy in TC mode, I can't get any atty to work well and reliable in TC mode... sometime it works for one day, another for one hit, going slow, jumping directly in "temperature protection, shutting off in power mode... never works well enough.

PPN,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Used the Milaana for years and wasn't till the splinter that I switched to regulated. The DNA chip has spoiled me and don't grab unregulated device except for the Nomad.

Getting the Elite with the DNA chip is the closes there is to my dream vaporizer. Being handcrafted wood is huge like of mine. It produces high quality vapor in an attractive package. The Elite is my DD. Since I really like this one, I'm going suggest giving it a look.

With no glass in pathway to break, a direct wired coil and 1 year warranty there is a lot to like. When you add 60-70 hits off single battery it's even better. The manufacture is supporting TC and it runs excellent on it.

With DNA chips from OH, the buttons and coil from CO and body construction in NY. Really can't get much more made in America than this one. Might not mean much to some.... but I'm proud to support and use a handcrafted made in America device :).

Not to go off topic, but I think many of us do feel very proud to support American handcraft, we just don't want to support that particular "creator" at all... :2c::peace:

And yes DNA for temp control only, otherwise why bother, unless you like the mod. I really should try to figure out some TC with my G3D and P80 since those are my favorite form factors so far for my Splinter Z and V2 respectively. Had my V2 on the RXdna for a while, and it was really cool to have the temp control, but the mod is too big and heavy with three batteries. Not good for my hands troubles, as if any of them really are lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: KeroZen

HerbieVonVapster

And yes DNA for temp control only, otherwise why bother, unless you like the mod. I really should try to figure out some TC with my G3D and P80 since those are my favorite form factors so far for my Splinter Z and V2 respectively. Had my V2 on the RXdna for a while, and it was really cool to have the temp control, but the mod is too big and heavy with three batteries. Not good for my hands troubles, as if any of them really are lol

Yep @Shit Snacks you should give it a try. I had the splinter on the P80 and did a good job of running TC using Sur_myevic. The SS material worked fine with it. Since I normal have the splinter on a DNA mod I didn't mess around with trying to get settings tweaked or find a PID setting I liked for it. Even with the P80 set to agro off or sweet it maintained a reasonable steady temperature.

I think if someone took the time to tweak PID and couple other settings for a splinter they could get really good TC performance out this combo. I been impressed with the p80 and feel it's a perfect starter or travel mod.

I just haven't had the time to dive into sur_myevic with the splinter. My P80's are setup for travel and really haven't played too much with the splinter settings on them. I do have to say after trying it with the splinter and with more users picking up this mod there's a need for better info on this setup.

Kinda was hoping someone else might have took the helm here? With both modpod and vgoodiez carrying this mod I been hoping someone might have been working on a software guild or custom firmware for it?

If not I will try to update the guild and install some software where I can use the mac instead of crappy laptop for sur_myevic. If someone else with more knowledge of sur_myevic or if just wants to assist that be great.

Also thinking that arctic fox might be a better option with splinter? I don't recommend cruising with splinter so might be a better fit?

Thoughts and ideals are welcomed. I know there's some experienced members working with AF so would love hear there thoughts.

Only reason I use sur_myevic is cruise and don't suggest splinter for this type useage. However I do use cruise with the stempod and IMP so kinda split on what what firmware to put time into. Guess could just do AF for the splinter and iheat. Maybe both AF and sur_myevic support for the IMP and Stempod?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yep @Shit Snacks you should give it a try. I had the splinter on the P80 and did a good job of running TC using Sur_myevic. The SS material worked fine with it. Since I normal have the splinter on a DNA mod I didn't mess around with trying to get settings tweaked or find a PID setting I liked for it. Even with the P80 set to agro off or sweet it maintained a reasonable steady temperature.

I think if someone took the time to tweak PID and couple other settings for a splinter they could get really good TC performance out this combo. I been impressed with the p80 and feel it's a perfect starter or travel mod.

I just haven't had the time to dive into sur_myevic with the splinter. My P80's are setup for travel and really haven't played too much with the splinter settings on them. I do have to say after trying it with the splinter and with more users picking up this mod there's a need for better info on this setup.

Kinda was hoping someone else might have took the helm here? With both modpod and goodez carrying this mod I been hoping someone might have been working on a software guild or custom firmware for it?

If not I will try to update the guild and install some software where I can use the mac instead of crappy laptop for sur_myevic. If someone else with more knowledge of sur_myevic or if just wants to assist that be great.

Also thinking that arctic fox might be a better option with splinter? I don't recommend cruising with splinter so might be a better fit?

Thoughts and ideals are welcomed. I know there's some experienced members working with AF so would love hear there thoughts.

Only reason I use sur_myevic is cruise and don't suggest splinter for this type useage. However I do use cruise with the stempod and IMP so kinda split on what what firmware to put time into. Guess could just do AF for the splinter and iheat. Maybe both AF and sur_myevic support for the IMP and Stempod?

I'm still using stock firmware with the P80, I like the simpler look, and just lazy loading lol I guess you need myevic to access the proper settings for accurate TC? I still wish @funkyjunky's Tubo could work on the P80 & G3D since I do like that better than Sur at least. Have not tried ArcticFox at all, maybe I would enjoy that the most? G3D's stock does look the nicest so far actually, though I've been using my Z on it with surmyevic autofire set to 25s, typically as a water piece where I stop it before 20sec with high wattage. While the P80 has a really nice comfortable trigger set up, it probably would feel even better to not have to hold it down there as well. That is what I like about Autofire/Cruise, seems to make it easier on the hands and still safe for the Splinters... Better still with TC though?

HerbieVonVapster

Sounds like you also enjoy the side firing design of the P80 I find it much easier to fire with my hands than most mods. I love it for travel and with cruise I can fire and hold this mod in a very comfortable position. The side firing light make me feel safe using it in cruise mode. I also can see your point on water use. The p80 size and mod balance would make it really desirable for this purpose.

AF is more user friendly to learn on. But I think most people just want something they can install and use not need to spend a lot time to learn?

Not sure if they vgoodies would be interested in this ideal but I'm thinking it would be a huge benefit to the community. Instead of just having the base copy of sur_myevic loaded they maybe could offer a custom software version for the devices they sold?

It would make them a no brainer for source of mods and devices combos. Somewhere to go for a one stop shopping experiences. I think people are looking for a reliable place to buy mods and would love to see something like this offered. Personally I would pay a premium for this aspect and feel so would others. There would be less warranty worries since they can make sure the proper settings and safety feature come preinstalled.

Shit Snacks

Sounds like you also enjoy the side firing design of the P80 I find it much easier to fire with my hands than most mods. I love it for travel and with cruise I can fire and hold this mod in a very comfortable position. The side firing light make me feel safe using it in cruise mode. I also can see your point on water use. The p80 size and mod balance would make it really desirable for this purpose.

AF is more user friendly to learn on. But I think most people just want something they can install and use not need to spend a lot time to learn?

Not sure if they vgoodies would be interested in this ideal but I'm thinking it would be a huge benefit to the community. Instead of just having the base copy of sur_myevic loaded they maybe could offer a custom software version for the devices they sold?

It would make them a no brainer for source of mods and devices combos. Somewhere to go for a one stop shopping experiences. I think people are looking for a reliable place to buy mods and would love to see something like this offered. Personally I would pay a premium for this aspect and feel so would others. There would be less warranty worries since they can make sure the proper settings and safety feature come preinstalled.

Oh I was talking about my G3D through water, I have not done that with the P80 yet, nor my V2 really, but the G3D also balances well! Way better than RX250 lol

Yeah that would be really great, we need to outsource someone who knows how to mess with this firmware to make us a nice custom for full Splinter experience (maybe even with the RBT logo?!)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Stop it... ;)

That was actually my first choice until I realized that I didn't want a 3 battery mod. I was this close µ to getting it. There are many more choices in 3 battery mods.

Top Bottom