What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My Wismecs:

RX250dna (bronze 3batt)
RX Gen3Dual (grey 2batt)
Sinuous P80 (blue 1batt)

People also like LostVape for DNA and other joytechs that work with Tubo software (unfortunately the ones I like above do not, but I like the form factors, and stock firmware is actually fine too)

DNA is best for simple set up temp control, though honestly I prefer the other two mods form factors and wattage with the Splinters... Should try TC again, but these were made for power mode anyway, and really work well as such.

little maggie

My Wismecs:

RX250dna (bronze 3batt)
RX Gen3Dual (grey 2batt)
Sinuous P80 (blue 1batt)

People also like LostVape for DNA and other joytechs that work with Tubo software (unfortunately the ones I like above do not, but I like the form factors, and stock firmware is actually fine too)

DNA is best for simple set up temp control, though honestly I prefer the other two mods form factors and wattage with the Splinters... Should try TC again, but these were made for power mode anyway, and really work well as such.
I have 3 wismec's (p80 and RX Gen3Dual) and a joytech and an HCigar. The wismecs all turn off after a few seconds and the other's don't. Is there a simple way to remove the turn off that doesn't require a lot of knowledge?

little maggie,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
A few seconds? I assume that is hyperbole, but do they really just shut off after a hit or two, or what?

Ramahs,

little maggie

A few seconds? I assume that is hyperbole, but do they really just shut off after a hit or two, or what?
Hyperbole- more like 10. But they don't just stop - the mod turns off and has to be restarted. I know it's not that big a deal but I prefer the ones that don't turn off- they require less focus. And I've never combusted.

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

That's if you hit the autoshutoff in a hit (over 15 or 10 sec depending on you settings)in stock firmware... My P80 won't shut off otherwise unless I tap it five times. My G3D is set to 3 clicks for the same feature via surmyevic instead of the stock firmware though, and it doesn't shut off if I hit my 25sec max on autofire (though I rarely ever do)... So I wouldn't think most users would have this issue based on my experience

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider

little maggie

That's if you hit the autoshutoff in a hit (over 15 or 10 sec depending on you settings)in stock firmware... My P80 won't shut off otherwise unless I tap it five times. My G3D is set to 3 clicks for the same feature via surmyevic instead of the stock firmware though, and it doesn't shut off if I hit my 25sec max on autofire (though I rarely ever do)... So I wouldn't think most users would have this issue based on my experience
Your stock software doesn't turn off? I wonder why 3 mods from different stores do that? Or what I'm doing wrong

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

Your stock software doesn't turn off? I wonder why 3 mods from different stores do that? Or what I'm doing wrong

No? My P80 does not shut off unless I click it five times, or if I hold trigger longer than 15 seconds straight... If yours just shuts off another way, I don't know what to say, except that it sounds a little strange and very annoying lol

When my G3D was stock, I don't recall having that issue at all either. Certainly don't now with surmyevic on it either.

Shit Snacks,

Summer

Long Island, NY
In wattage mode, when I reach my set fire cutoff time, my P80 & Ravage 230 (both Wismecs) enter protection status & turn off. My Eleaf iStick Power doesn't shut off when it times out. So, I guess I'll have no recourse but to upgrade from the stock firmware so I can use autofire so I won't have to keep turning the darn things on. :rolleyes:

Question to those using sur_my evic: Since autofire only works in wattage but not TC mode, does the P80 (& other Wismecs) also shut off when it times out (in TC mode)?

Shit Snacks

In wattage mode, when I reach my set fire cutoff time, my P80 & Ravage 230 (both Wismecs) enter protection status & turn off. My Eleaf iStick Power doesn't shut off when it times out. So, I guess I'll have no recourse but to upgrade from the stock firmware so I can use autofire so I won't have to keep turning the darn things on. :rolleyes:

Question to those using sur_my evic: Since autofire only works in wattage but not TC mode, does the P80 (& other Wismecs) also shut off when it times out (in TC mode)?

The answer is no, I think, but I also presumed autofire works with temp control, never tried. Shouldn't shut off without autofire either. Rarely do I have the issue of it shutting off on me with the P80 and stock firmware, but I tend to pay attention to how long I hold the button for to make sure its under 15sec at a time.

almost there

Autofire works great on TC, it’s my only reason to own a non-DNA mod:). I absolutely hate that stock firmware on the wismec, got rid of it after the first auto shutoff occurred. That safety feature is the ultimate bane for our usage style.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks, you answered my question with I think, presume & shouldn't -- nothing definitive. ??? I even did test runs on my mods before I wrote my post above.

Thank you @almost there. ;)

Haha I was just confused by your question, since you sounded like you knew it wouldn't work in TC and evidently it does. The way this whole issue was brought up, it did not seem like anything I had experienced, with the ways it was worded. Didn't want to deny others' experiences! I should really take a break from here, probably, possibly, maybe:lol:

Summer

Long Island, NY
since you sounded like you knew it wouldn't work in TC

I simply asked the question if TC in non-autofire mode would or would not shut off like it does in wattage mod on Wismec mods. When you guess it doesn't advance the conversation, only muddles it. Since you have a few Wismecs, you could have done several test runs on each to provide a definite answer on how each performs which would have been informative to all.

I also thought that autofire wouldn't work in TC until almost there said it would. This incorrect assumption of mine was also conveyed in my post. I thought that autofire was equivalent to tubo cruise which I currently am under the assumption only works in wattage. So, my question now is: Am I correct that tubo cruise only works in wattage? Please, anyone, only answer if you know definitively. Thanks.

Summer,

Shit Snacks

I simply asked the question if TC in non-autofire mode would or would not shut off like it does in wattage mod. When you guess it doesn't advance the conversation, only muddles it. Since you have a few Wismecs, you could have done several test runs on each to provide a definite answer on how each performs which would have been informative to all.

I also thought that autofire wouldn't work in TC until almost there said it would. This incorrect assumption of mine was also conveyed in my post. I thought that autofire was equivalent to tubo cruise which I currently am under the assumption only works in wattage. So, my question now is: Am I correct that tubo cruise only works in wattage? Please, anyone, only answer if you know definitively. Thanks.

No, you are not correct. They both work in both wattage and TC. They are different in how they are engaged and how they function (Tubo cruisw is way more customizable and fully featured for our use than the more limiting autofire)

And I was not guessing, nor do I need to test all that to answer (when imo it has been covered pretty thoroughly). I'm sure I'm more than guilty as well with my own writing here, but I did not find your first question simply asked at all, since I completely missed it... :2c::peace:

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

So could someone point this non nerd non techy senior to a simple way to set cruise or autofire in my evic? One of my wismecs came (I think) programmed with my-evic. And apologies. When I got my tubic and its software I was able to make sense of the different settings. My brain seems to be functioning less as I get older.

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

So could someone point this non nerd non techy senior to a simple way to set cruise or autofire in my evic? One of my wismecs came (I think) programmed with my-evic. And apologies. When I got my tubic and its software I was able to make sense of the different settings. My brain seems to be functioning less as I get older.

Press up and fire button together to access menu, press down to vaping and hit fire to enter then scroll down til you see this:

213ra4o.jpg

There you enable autofire (the only thing I have enabled here) and set the time up to 25sec or infinity (risky! but useful for log mode low wattage, which I haven't tried yet) Then when you hard press the fire button it will engage so you don't need to hold the button down. You can also press the button again to end it early, which I typically do, and up/down do this as well. If you hold the fire button down it will engage the heater manually like normal, as opposed to the automatic hard press with autofire enabled

Easywider

Simple is the way
@Summer I use both auto fire modes in TC, Myevic on a Sinous P80 and Tubo and on my VTC Mini.

Tubo auto fire is nicer, it allows for custom timer settings. And it has an Eco mode where the temp or wattage ( depending on how you are using ) will drop when you are not inhaling.

MyEvic auto fire is bare bones , you can set it for 25seconds ( too short IMHO ) or Infinity ( Dangerous )
Luckily the Sinous P80 has a side light to let you know when it's firing. I wouldn't want to use infinity setting without some sort of notification my mod was firing.

I don't use these in log mode. The reason I use auto fire is I find the constant heat soaking of splinter allows for incredibly even extraction on non DNA devices. Especially if you like to inhale like it's the last breath you're ever going to take. I like to let it heat soak about 20seconds in TC mode then take a strong 10second rip, clickit off, then clear the heat for another 5 seconds. Nothing is overly hot after. If I'm using through water I usually just leave it running as I can clear a stem in 2-3 hits so it's not running more then a Cpl mins at any time.

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
Hi, I am currently working on a convection vaporizer that is specifically designed around the evic VTC or VTWO mini running the tubo firmware. I am having trouble finding a way to source batches of this box mod. Local suppliers are saying this model is phasing out already. What alternative options do I have in terms of compact single cell box mod or firmware that can perform like a vtc/vtwo mini + tubo firmware combination?

Berimbolero,

sickmanfraud

Hi, I am currently working on a convection vaporizer that is specifically designed around the evic VTC or VTWO mini running the tubo firmware. I am having trouble finding a way to source batches of this box mod. Local suppliers are saying this model is phasing out already. What alternative options do I have in terms of compact single cell box mod or firmware that can perform like a vtc/vtwo mini + tubo firmware combination?

IIRC, @funkyjunky, the founder of Lamart (Tubo) stated in the Tubo Evic Thread that he bought up whatever stock he could find and was going to start to use Evic Dual mods in the near future.

sickmanfraud,

Shit Snacks

Yeah they're all old and phasing out, you can find Cuboid Minis maybe, but most compatible mods are not very available unfortunately...For more mod availability maybe you should try to design your vape using surmyevic instead? I wish Tubo worked on my P80 and RXG3D...

almost there

Yeah they're all old and phasing out, you can find Cuboid Minis maybe, but most compatible mods are not very available unfortunately...For more mod availability maybe you should try to design your vape using surmyevic instead? I wish Tubo worked on my P80 and RXG3D...
I have a feeling Ralph will come to the rescue at some point. A few months ago he mentioned working on updating tubomyevic so it can include some newer mods that's not currently compatible.

Berimbolero

Manufacturer

I would prefer a box mod with single cell replaceable battery instead of the cuboid mini.

What are the differences between surmyevic and mytuboevic?

Berimbolero,

Shit Snacks

I would prefer a box mod with single cell replaceable battery instead of the cuboid mini.

What are the differences between surmyevic and mytuboevic?

Yeah, so not a lot of options, unless the above turns out to be true... Love my Sinuous P80, it has a better form factor than those evics imo

There are a lot of differences that have been listed here many times if you search. I could list them all out again (I just compared their cruises), but I really don't feel like it lol You should try it out to see everything for yourself probably

Top Bottom