Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

Tramp

High- I'm new- have no idea how wrks. But I'll get it. Sorry in advance for mistakes, not disrespect- jus new..'bout me, pretty simple ole dude, found out last week, may been doin' it wrong. ( litle' smile f'er here).. Heard Willy on Stern show, Willy made mention that he vapes.... So, fastforward- purchased a ezyvap, box, tube sticks out, thingy-- little bitch bit me 'bout four times 'fore I learn-- quit touching the (bowl).anyway...k, so wkend has passed.. Ordered woodeez- 'CuS hE mAdE it easy to give him money and I get something in return--that's another topic I guess--anyway... I'm a dugout guy, as long as the area your in has smoke (bar),, then I can hit it, saves me money .. And is easy to get ahold of and control if need arrives. So.. Now I wait. Will ---?? Whatever this is again IMHO

Tramp,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Welcome to FC Lycanthrope!! I'll look forward to hearing about your vaping experiences!

Lo,

Amber Trichome

Cannabis Pro
Thanks for all the help and the warm welcome.
I ordered the vape and add-ons last night. Quality at a reasonable price. Can't ask for much more. :D

Have fun,
Amber.

Amber Trichome,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Lo, thanks for the welcome. I hope that I can contribute to this fine forum. I m ordering my first vape next week; its a Myrtalzap. I will be commenting on my learning curve and initial experiences as I go along.

Again, thanks for the welcome!!

Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope,

rexkuntz

Band Head
Hey all,

I'm an average guy. I play guitar a lot. I work hard. I am for the full legalization of marijuana. I just got my first license this year.

My recent marijuana interest is the development of a clear plastic polymer with the strength of aluminum. Yes it is possible... here in the United States of America. I am interested in marijuana laws and other laws, I am a proud defender of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I like American art, ingenuity, and engineering. The possibilities are just becoming accessible.

Have Guitar, Will Travel
rK

rexkuntz,

Luke Skywalker

Jedi Knight of the Botanic Order
High all, have lurked here occasionally, but thought I might start to contribute. Hope to find myself a nice new vape pretty soon and finally kick the combustion bucket.

Anyway looking forward to learning heaps and hopefully helping out occasionally. :)

Luke Skywalker,

the ob

all good in the hood.
brandonflav said:
Welcome to FC momofthegoons!

You sound just like my mom! Except you use MJ and you're not a bitch, cheers!
just read this quote. love it.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I thought it was pretty good too. Of course, that was before he got to know me. :lol:

Welcome to all that are new to this forum! It's a great place to hang out.

momofthegoons,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Luke Skywalker, & rexkuntz welcome to the FC forum, I'm fairly new here myself, Registered: 2010-05-09. I think that you will find this forum full of great knowledgeable people with common interests. You can learn allot, as well as have a pretty good time.

Rexkuntz, I noted that you mentioned polymer with the strength of aluminum, and I find this interesting. Yes, it is quite possible using nano-particles arranged in an interlinked three dimensional crystaline lattice molecular structure. :cool:

Lycanthrope,

Konrad_Zuse

Hello everyone, welcome to FC. I am pretty new here, 5 months here, and I love it a lot. I'm also 6 1/2 months into toking and I love every minute of it. This site has given me a lot of info, especially in chat. You can stop by chat anytime as we have a bunch of people there who could give you answers in real time, and you can compare them to other vapes as well. Chat is located at the top right of the site and I am always there to help out anyone who needs it.

Have a good one, hope to see some new faces in chat :),

~Konrad

Konrad_Zuse,

chumni

Chris
Hey guys.

Just glad to have found the wealth of information here. I currently dont own a vape but am looking to buy a good one. My neighbor has the Arizer Extreme and that has totally turned me into a vapehead... i just dont like smoking weed anymore...

Anyhow,

Originally from Alabama, live in Texas now...

Just your typical average joe, loving the vape and playing games of chess with fellow vapers... bbq'ing is also a great past time of mine. Not much into pop culture... despise tv. love playing pc games...

Good to be here.... I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!

chumni,

Lo

Hi Chumni and welcome to FC!! Congrats on making the switch to the vapor :)

Lo,

mlo4sho

Hey all,

I have lurked about for the past few days looking for information on specific vaporizers (boy did I find information!). Just a brief summary of me: I'm 21 (about to turn 22 on May 31st!), and I started smoking (habitually, daily) about 5-6 years ago. All of these years I have been mainly a blunt smoker, with occasional use of a bowl/bong. Up until recently, I was unaware of how great a vaporizer is. A friend from my class has been telling me about his vaporizer and how awesome it is, so when I went to his house, I finally got to try it. It's not fancy by any means. It's one of those cheap Chinese box-style ones with a digital read-out and whip-style apparatus. But let me tell you, this is the best high and the most natural/clear-headed high I have had in a while (probably ever). I loved the flavor and the potency of the hit, and it almost felt like my first time again. (My tolerance was quite low at the time, I actually stopped smoking for four days in attempt to pass a drug test, but got a job anyway without quitting. So after not smoking for a few days, the combination of killer weed [we always smoke the best], and the vaporizer absolutely kicked my ass). This revelation was the main reason I started researching vaporizers, which, of course, led me to FC! So cheers to all who contribute to this site, you've got a great wealth of information here. Because of this site, I have a vapo in mind for right now (after my birthday, so I can get some money, haven't started working yet) and further down the road. Thanks all, happy Toking :peace:

mlo4sho,

thelostpizza

hey thought I'd introduce myself. I am currently on the hunt for the right vape setup for me, been using this site for reference for a very long time. I am 19 and a guitarist http://www.youtube.com/user/thelostpizza Ive been toking for 3 or so years, had a vaporite not too long after I started, and once I wasnt an idiot and putting it at 450 from the start it served me well for almost 2 years of light use..before I traded it off to someone where it died out which was to be expected(at least from me ha). Looking at every thing from the HDVape to the Extreme, right now those are at the top of my list and if I can get the Extreme for a good price ill probably get both, right now im hitting a actually decent light bulb vape with a whip and my many glass on glass tubes

thelostpizza,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
thelostpizza, mlo4sho, & chumni welcome to FC Forum. I think that youll really enjoy the forum and the knowledgeable people here, I know I do.

Lycanthrope,
Reactions: mlo4sho

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Wow I never introduced myself! :o

Hey everyone, I'm Matt! Started toking once a month about 2 years ago... started smoking nearly every evening last July at the end of Grade 12 (go figure). I'm a music nut, and classic example of someone who can shoot straight A's in college and toke daily! :lol: Started vaping because I knew I wasn't planning on stopping my use and figured I might as well go at it as cleanly as possible to preserve what little lung capacity I have.

I work hard, do well in school and relieve stress with my favourite green stuff!

mattybass,

Trapper

Hello everyone. This is Day One with a new Iolite Vaporizer. Problem is, I've yet to be able to light it. I've been reading that a lot of people do initially have some trouble. I've let the butane run with switch on for 15 minutes as suggested in one FAQ, but then hitting the piezo button, I cannot get unit to heat up nor do I get the light indicating it is heating up. Before I return for a new model under warranty, does anyone have some tricks to get this thing running properly?

Trapper,

Lo

Okay first make sure you're using a good quality butane... If in US - Ronson SUCKS!

Below is a quote from Iolite on troubleshooting. After venting & filling you would need to wait a few minutes but once you turn the switch on and hear hissing you should be able to press the ignition button. Hopefully the troubleshooting below helps. Good luck!

Iolite Troubleshoot:

Unfortunately as the iolite is a butane device it will have problems with the cold.

If the temperature is close to or below freezing (as it is now) the iolite will need to be warmed to room/body temperature before ignition. However when hot and running it will function correctly.

I realise you have vented/refilled the iolite already, however, here are our up to date instructions for this process which may differ from yours.

Please follow the following troubleshooting below to vent and refill the iolite.

Also please use a new can of butane for this procedure. (Please note this may need to be done at least twice)

1. Please make sure to read the warning on the back of your can of butane before proceeding with the following instructions.

2. Move to a well ventilated area, outside is best.

3. Make sure the unit is off. Turn the unit upside down and point away from your body. Make sure your face is not in the path of the released gas.

4. Using the small end of the handtool (if you have the newer hand tool it will be too large to use, in this case use the lid of a biro or something that will fit but not damage the valve), depress the gas valve and let all the gas dispel ensuring to keep hands clear of liquid gas spraying from the valve, this may take up to or more than 1 minute, it will be empty when you can no longer hear a hiss.

5. Please do not use a nearly empty can of butane fuel as this may cause problems with the functioning of the iolite.

6. Hold the iolite in one hand with the gas valve at the top.

7. With your other hand hold the butane can upside down.

8. Position the butane can at an angle and offer it to the filling valve then move the can perpendicular to the filling valve ensuring a good seal.

9. Press down gently but firmly (excessive spray back is a sign that either the butane can has not created a proper seal or the gas tank may already be full).

10. When the iolite is full, there will be visible spray back of fuel from the valve.

11. Leave the iolite to stand for at least 5 minutes (always do this after refuelling).

12. Turn the iolite on. Don't try to ignite it.

13. Leave it to run for about 15 minutes.

14. Repeat the above steps.

15. Press the igniter in a firm and sharp manner (you may need to do this up to 3 times for ignition to occur).

16. The red glow may not appear for a few seconds after ignition.

Below are some usage/refilling tips.

The following are tips for using the iolite:

1. Grind your herb relatively fine.

2. Loosely pack the bowl to 3 quarters full, if you pack it too tight this will impede the function of the iolite as there will be less air flow and the heat will not circulate as well.

3. Turn the iolite on and wait for the initial cycle to complete, around 45 seconds to a minute, the red light will disappear.

4. You may now inhale from the iolite, if you want a larger initial hit then leave the iolite to cook the herb for a further minute or 2.

5. To inhale properly; This is not like a cigarette, the vapour must be drawn directly into the lungs, also sucking hard and quick on the mouthpiece will not work correctly, a gentle approach is required to gain the best from the iolite. Take a long, slow, gentle inhale straight into the lung, try not to suck in any air apart from through the mouthpiece, then hold it for a comfortable period of time, exhale and draw on the iolite again until the herb is depleted.

6. The herb is depleted when it turns to a toasty brown colour throughout, some people also say it tastes like burnt popcorn. This is a case of gaining experience and over time you will be able to judge correctly when the herb is depleted.

To refill the iolite with fuel properly:

1. Hold the iolite in one hand with the gas valve at the top.

2. With your other hand hold the butane can upside down.

3. Position the butane can at an angle and offer it to the filling valve then move the can perpendicular to the filling valve ensuring a good seal.

4. Press down gently but firmly (excessive spray back is a sign that either the butane can has not created a proper seal or the gas tank may already be full).

5. When the iolite is full, there will be visible spray back of fuel from the valve.

6. Leave the iolite to stand for at least 5 minutes (always do this after refuelling).

7. Turn the iolite on, the switch should be at 1.

8. Press the igniter in a firm and sharp manner (you may need to do this up to 3 times for ignition to occur).

9. The red glow may not appear for a few seconds after ignition.
Oh and welcome to FC. Next time ?'s go in "Ask FC" and there is a long Iolite thread that will be useful for you to read.

Lo,

DaProfessor

New guy here. I've been lurking the forum on and off for about 2 years, but recently (few months ago) decided to build up a vaporizer and start enjoying the benefits of cannabis. I've been loving it so far and I've caught an eye for all the awesome glass out there. Vaporizers definitely save me $$$ on plant material, but all that glass out there will run me dry :rolleyes:

DaProfessor,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Welcome to the Forum DaProfessor. You can learn allot here and have a good time doing it.

As for me, I never messed with glass, just rolled and smoked joints or a bowel for a long time and now have quit smoking and transitioned to vaping. I bought my first Vape about 2 weeks ago but have not yet had a chance to use it. That will change this weekend.
Again, welcome to the Forum. :)

Lycanthrope,

extremeparanoia

Hey, new member here.. long time lurker, all the way from the southern hemisphere!

I've decided to stop abusing my lungs and make the move to vape..

So far I'm thinking about getting one of the MFLB, since they look so freakin cool.

So, yeah, hey :)

extremeparanoia,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
baconhigh,
Welcome to the Forum. This is the place to get educated about vaporization and vapes. :)

Lycanthrope,

Lo

Hi baconhigh and welcome to FC! Congrats on moving to the vape. I think the MFLB is a great choice to get started. Good luck!!

Lo,
Top Bottom