Wax liguidizer tank

DTLA

@Kharnics thanks! I went ahead with the 4ml.on the nebula. Don't need another Mod but it is mated with the tank so maybe better operation? Also got some ijoy 26650 to power it.

Now trying to decide between .5ohm and .6ohm ceramic euc.

Leaning towards the batter because of stealth but saw someone mention vg is not so great for coils?

Depending on how it all performs will look at the ccell tanks next then may take a run at RTA's.

Currently use Saionara for concentrates and Divine Tribe dry herb 2 for flower. Also have Grenco G pen plus, which works well but mouthpiece ruins the whole thing - gets hot, breaks and is hard to remove.

Want something besides LAYG for running around though

DTLA,

Kharnics

@DTLA

I'm a long time nicotine vaper, +4 years. The thing that gums up coils in the nicotine vape world is sweetners in juices. Not all juices that are sweet will do this as there are many ways to sweeten a juice from a juice makers stand point. VG/PG do not gum up coils, sweeteners/sweet flavorings do. Now does the waxes, fats & lipids that are in unwinterized concentrates gum up coils? I would tend to think so and when I winterize my mixes via syringe filters I notice coil longevity in taste. I'll also add that coils do gum up over time with even the cleanest of juices/mixes, kinda the nature of the beast. And go with the highest ohm or the lowest watt rated coil. No need to vape high wattage with these mixes. Ceramic of course too.

DTLA

@DTLA

I'm a long time nicotine vaper, +4 years. The thing that gums up coils in the nicotine vape world is sweetners in juices. Not all juices that are sweet will do this as there are many ways to sweeten a juice from a juice makers stand point. VG/PG do not gum up coils, sweeteners/sweet flavorings do. Now does the waxes, fats & lipids that are in unwinterized concentrates gum up coils? I would tend to think so and when I winterize my mixes via syringe filters I notice coil longevity in taste. I'll also add that coils do gum up over time with even the cleanest of juices/mixes, kinda the nature of the beast. And go with the highest ohm or the lowest watt rated coil. No need to vape high wattage with these mixes. Ceramic of course too.
So the .6ohm is better than .5?
I've seen people mention "winterizing" shatter. So I just put my shatter in the freezer overnight before making the mix? What ratio.do.you use?

Thanks for the help!

Kharnics

@DTLA

"Winterizing" is a process to remove the waxes, lipids and fats from the concentrate that were left when it was made. Some concentrates are winterized, some better than others and some not at all. Really depends on what is available to you. The term winterizing is more of a scientific term I think but there are more than one way to skin a cat. I winterize by using syringe filter. It works fairly well. Though it has it's fault. The ohm of the coil is really preference. Pick the ceramic one, which may be the .5 one. SS316L ceramic EUC is what you are after. typically I mix 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 -- mix to concentrate.

DTLA

@DTLA

"Winterizing" is a process to remove the waxes, lipids and fats from the concentrate that were left when it was made. Some concentrates are winterized, some better than others and some not at all. Really depends on what is available to you. The term winterizing is more of a scientific term I think but there are more than one way to skin a cat. I winterize by using syringe filter. It works fairly well. Though it has it's fault. The ohm of the coil is really preference. Pick the ceramic one, which may be the .5 one. SS316L ceramic EUC is what you are after. typically I mix 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 -- mix to concentrate.
Thanks again.

I ordered the nebula with veco plus from Miami, Batteries from lion wholesale in PA, Pineapple liquidizer from Colorado, Coils from Long Beach and the other stuff...local of course! I love the internet!

Had a decent conversation with Vapor Dna. The .6ohm coils are reccomended = less draw on battery, faster to heat and same size ceramic donuts..

However, he suggests after getting through my newbie phase to either do the RTA route (highly suggested) or a bottom flow.

I told him I thought the Veco must be good because it is out of stock everywhere. He said that it is due to Vaporesso creating new tanks so often that current tanks become obsolete and thus not produced. Moreover, given the fact that they build new tanks so often they do not spend as much time perfecting each design.

However, he said it is excellent for a beginner, good qualitt and that Vaporesso are probably the only ones that do a good pre built ceramic coil. He said simply that top flow has less flavor and feels less "satisfying"...though he was referring to Nic juice.

DTLA

The Devil's Juice box is an A+ HIT!!!

Will give more details soon
BTmwy

DTLA,

DTLA

Devils juice box...what did i miss?

I got everything in. Then did 3:1 Pineapple WL to some tip top shelf shatter. Boooom! Just what I Wanted! Clouds, tasty, discreet and if your not careful will put you on the floor...very serious.

It's the red Nebula, only color they had left. So I've taken to calling it the Devil's Juice-box.

Followed all advice I read across forums i.e. I start low Wattage at like 20. Then in between puffs let it sit for five and kick up the heat. Im at 24 right now and it is cool and cloudy! This was suggested as a way to break in the ceramic. I don't know if it is b's but doing it anyways. I dont hold the trigger longer than 6-7 seconds and I take "cool down hits" i.e. keep puffing when I let off the trigger. It was suggested as a way to rewick and keep it cool. Also keep airflow half open as too open wont wick enough and not enough floods the wick. One hiccup cost some juice but live and learn.

First the nebula mod is crap. Software may be good for the veco but the physical build is garbage. Battery door is magnetic so just feels "loose". Im afraid that its going to pop off in hand and the whole thing fall. The thread on the Veco 510thread is short and so it too feels "loose". On the other hand the airflow is TIGHT. So tight that when I tried turning it the bottom of the tank.must have loosened ever so slightly.

The mod started asking, over and over, if it was a new load. Then ohms went nuts. Then it stopped working. I thought FUuuuu. Then I calmed and opened it up. The slight open had allowed the coil to move just enough so that juice leaked past...down to the battery connector.

I cleaned it out refilled and......leaking like a sieve!?!? RAGE! Then calm. Opened again...forgot to put o ring back in so it just poured past the coil.

Opened, salvaged what juice I could, cleaned, dried, refilled, crossed fingers......JOY!

DTLA,

Kharnics

@DTLA

Yup. Since the coil is tightened in to placed via screwing the bottom of the tank on, you must make sure that stays tight or like you found out leaking will be imminent. Then make sure it stays tight while it's on the mod or after you been pocketing it or messing with the airflow all day. Just make sure it's snug periodically if you use it out and about. I hardly noticed any loosening when it doesn't leave my room.

And yeah Vaporeso stepped up their quality from where they came from, I do believe the nebula is a year or so older than the Tarot nano and that style of mod from vaporesso. They stepped it up.

Kharnics,

DTLA

@DTLA

Yup. Since the coil is tightened in to placed via screwing the bottom of the tank on, you must make sure that stays tight or like you found out leaking will be imminent. Then make sure it stays tight while it's on the mod or after you been pocketing it or messing with the airflow all day. Just make sure it's snug periodically if you use it out and about. I hardly noticed any loosening when it doesn't leave my room.

And yeah Vaporeso stepped up their quality from where they came from, I do believe the nebula is a year or so older than the Tarot nano and that style of mod from vaporesso. They stepped it up.

Due to the looseness, I will keep the Devil at home and load it with Indica. Then do another mod and RTA for on the go.

Will likely skip the ccells and go straight to building. Looking at the Voopoo drag and some other RTA's and will probably use this ready wick stuff cause it seems like it would be tasty.
https://vapepour.com/readyxwick.html

I tried some dabs last night and it felt sooo harsh in comparison to the juice. I think I'm ruined. Therefore, I began reading about possible dangers of PEG etc. From what I've read, even the most scientific of studies was inconclusive but theorized based on observations that heating to temps above 500F could convert to nasty stuff e.g. formaldehyde. They also found that dual coils produced less of the toxins than single.

So keep it cool and at least dual!

DTLA,
Reactions: florduh

Chinggwow

Due to the looseness, I will keep the Devil at home and load it with Indica. Then do another mod and RTA for on the go.

Will likely skip the ccells and go straight to building. Looking at the Voopoo drag and some other RTA's and will probably use this ready wick stuff cause it seems like it would be tasty.
https://vapepour.com/readyxwick.html

I tried some dabs last night and it felt sooo harsh in comparison to the juice. I think I'm ruined. Therefore, I began reading about possible dangers of PEG etc. From what I've read, even the most scientific of studies was inconclusive but theorized based on observations that heating to temps above 500F could convert to nasty stuff e.g. formaldehyde. They also found that dual coils produced less of the toxins than single.

So keep it cool and at least dual!
Ive been thinking about rta as well. But not wanting to spend more money on a tank and mod just to try... so please report back. It would b nice if you had a counter for puffs to see if you can get the same on rta vs coil...

Chinggwow,
Reactions: DTLA

Kharnics

@DLTA

I've been looking at the Xwick stuff too. Let us know if you try it.

On Peg400, I keep it cool and low watts and I don't depend on canna ejuice for daily consumption. Special occasions or stealth, which the latter is needed a lot. I also recently bought bulk Peg400. I now make my own mix for emulsifying and can control the amount of PEG. PEG to break down and PG to thin further if I want.

I've got a Sai from Humboldt vape tech in the mail. That may put the canna ejuice away just for special occasions only. The sai is a 510 wax atomizer with a plethora of coil & coilless options.

What RTA's yah looking at?

Kharnics,

DTLA

Ive been thinking about rta as well. But not wanting to spend more money on a tank and mod just to try... so please report back. It would b nice if you had a counter for puffs to see if you can get the same on rta vs coil...

So far it seems a tank lasts me just a little longer than concentrate alone. I think atomizers waste alot unless you do the whole reclaim thing...and I can't be bothered and don't want burnt flavor.

Having said that; Humbolt Vape Tech is coming out with a titanium top flow Sequoia with coiless buckets - After Chinese New Years. Seems like you won't lose any under the coils but still may splatter...we'll see.

However, I miss the more social aspect of the lower THC concentration of flower. I just don't like the smoke/smell. So prefer vapor but don't always need a big hammer. In addition to that I hate LAYG in the move so tanks are the way to go. Of course cost is a bit more as you need more equipment and liquidizer but that, in my opinion, is offset by being slightly longer lasting, cooler vapor with bigger clouds, great taste, discreet and EASE OF USE.

I had a Prism plus from kandy pens which vaped well but burnt through atomizers and couldn't take a large load, in addition to being LAYG. So moved to subohm atomizers, namely Saionara, but too much with the pulsing, TC, Cool downs and temp profiles etc. It's like a Gremlin with all the rules. Just want to push the button and inhale.

I keep seeing different fads of "nails" etc but I give them a couple of weeks on the market and it's complaint after complaint. All the other "desktop" vaporizers and similar look like a cross between welding equipment and a hookah lounge....in addition to being as, if not more, dangerous than the whole blowtorch (lol) and nail set up...not for me.

The whole Juice-box thing is quite simply more civilized for serious tokers.

The rebuilding thing allows you to keep an eye on material quality, gives control over more flavour/cloud, is cheaper and ensures you won't run out of EUC/CCELL etc. Plus you will always be able to upgrade to new tanks without worrying if they are compatible with your pre built coils. However, I will still use my prebuilts when away from home.

So far the Veco Plus exceeds expectations...and yet I want more!

DTLA,
Reactions: florduh

DTLA

@DLTA

I've been looking at the Xwick stuff too. Let us know if you try it.

On Peg400, I keep it cool and low watts and I don't depend on canna ejuice for daily consumption. Special occasions or stealth, which the latter is needed a lot. I also recently bought bulk Peg400. I now make my own mix for emulsifying and can control the amount of PEG. PEG to break down and PG to thin further if I want.

I've got a Sai from Humboldt vape tech in the mail. That may put the canna ejuice away just for special occasions only. The sai is a 510 wax atomizer with a plethora of coil & coilless options.

What RTA's yah looking at?

I love the Sai but you'll see what I mean with the reclaim. My favourite coil is probably the kanthal with the bigger black ceramic. More surface so vapes a little better with less splatter, imo. 19-20W pulse at 4 seconds on, 5 off and keep breathing. Don't load more than you can take in one or two puffs max or it will become reclaim. Don't let the wire get red/too hot or more reclaim. Cool it down before putting more in or...more reclaim. If you use shatter or a lighter oil(Not recommended) in it then try T.C on the triple titanium and quartz coil = less reclaim(But still a fair amount of splatter). Like a Gremlin.

Also get the new Poseidon 2 piece, after Chinese New Year. I have the bubbler which is nice, like a vape bong, but it makes it too tall and less comfy in hand. Must get one of them though because constant Sai without a water filter seems to harsh my throat from...heat or something. Even when using lower temps. It is the best vaporizer for wax I have found though!

Until I met the Devils Juice-box;)

DTLA,

Kharnics

@DTLA

I've got the TAF Sai coming, with the coiless Ti bucket. I got my eye on the poseidon 2. why order after chinese new year? I thought they shipped from Ca if you order from HVT? I'm more in the Sai for the coilless options and the ceramic miracle coils. Also TERRA source coils from Source. I may play with some of the coils later down the right road.

*EDIT* I see you were talking about the Sequoia TAF which I assume is not out yet, but soon will be. BAsically the same. Just bigger.

Last edited:

Chinggwow

I got the cascade tank now. Ill report back with how it works. I took 12 3sec hits on it 12 in a row. With ejuice no dry no burt no hot smoke...this might be something good?

Chinggwow,
Reactions: DTLA

DTLA

@Kharnics After Chinese New Year because that is where Vic (HVT) get them from ie China. Last I saw they were still sold out (sold out in 2 hours
EDIT:SAW THEY ARE IN STOCK. Don't follow them as much anymore.

Everything is designed here but made there. He says the top airflow sequoia is a beast with the coiless ti bucket. I'll wait until it comes out in titanium though as it makes the mod less top heavy. I love my current titanium Saionara just hate the waste.

Check here for info/updates
https://www.reddit.com/r/Saionara
General stuff on HVT & DVT
https://www.reddit.com/user/formysaiquestions/

@Chinggwow does.it.burn through more juice? Is airflow easily adjusted?

Last edited:
DTLA,

DTLA

I got the cascade tank now. Ill report back with how it works. I took 12 3sec hits on it 12 in a row. With ejuice no dry no burt no hot smoke...this might be something good?
Really thinking to grab this. Only one left at my shop.

How much juice to run it? Do I need to fill.it up?

DTLA,

Tuck

So I ordered the apex ccell carts and a tarot veco thing. But it turns out I'm allergic to the wax liquidizer ejuice. I had this problem with regular nicotine juice back in the day. I don't know if its the pg or the vg but it has my asthma all messed up the next day and I'm coughing up crap. Which is too bad because those little ccell carts were working pretty good. Effects were amazing last night. taste could be tweaked but not bad considering my first attempt.

I've read about people using terpenes instead of the pg/vg mixes but the stories are few and far between.

I know its the vg/pg mix because load as you go pens work fine for me. I was just hoping for something I can carry around and not have to load as I go.

Tuck,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
So I ordered the apex ccell carts and a tarot veco thing. But it turns out I'm allergic to the wax liquidizer ejuice. I had this problem with regular nicotine juice back in the day. I don't know if its the pg or the vg but it has my asthma all messed up the next day and I'm coughing up crap. Which is too bad because those little ccell carts were working pretty good. Effects were amazing last night. taste could be tweaked but not bad considering my first attempt.

I've read about people using terpenes instead of the pg/vg mixes but the stories are few and far between.

CCells from Apex use straight co2 oil no cut needed.

I know its the vg/pg mix because load as you go pens work fine for me. I was just hoping for something I can carry around and not have to load as I go.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Tuck

DTLA

So the Veco is a bust..sadly. It tanks turn black..the end. Not sure why but my theory is that lipids get caught in the cotton and, sometimes, ignite. I couldn't find evidence of scorched cotton though so not sure. Maybe...I dunno.

Anyways, like all winners (not wieners) my failure and perserverance have led to ultimate success!

I have found the sub-ohm tank, most, people here are looking for. No dry hits, no burning, no leaking, solid construction, big tank and nice looking. It does require pre-built coils, which are not cheap. BUT I have been through 2 tanks already and the coil still looks brand new. The guy who advised me to purchase said he has been using his for more than a month and it is STILL new.

Bought it in black and a new Voopoo drag in black with Jade resin plate - looks good. I just ordered another in red to stick on the Nebula lol.

I am on the fence about sharing though..as the coils have been a pita to find lol.

Here's a clue: It gives new meaning to smoking trees!

@Chinggwow I almost bought the Cascade but was advised very much against, for our needs. How are you enjoying? Those coils are like x4 size of the veco right? And still blackening? tanks?

DTLA,
Top Bottom