Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey SM. Just thought I'd let you know...I have a sum of money on the way for some unspeakable reasons ( ) and I'm thinking that VripTech is going to be seeing a chunk of that. That is, if he still has the pre-order price available. I just wanted to say THANK YOU, seriously, thank you, for bringing not just this terrific looking vaporizer, but also this deal, to our eyes. I was seriously hoping to be done with the vaporizer collection...but I dunno man...she grows. Anyways, I have been silent on this item so far, but I have been following really keenly, and since I've got some cash on the way I think if the pre-release deal is still happening, it's too good to pass up... So thanks again dude. And BTW, your video is awesome. The "other" video you posted (rap related...) is also awesome: if that's you that's the best cameo I've ever seen... You rule dude, thanks so much.
PV ? the feeling is mutual, love to read your posts as they are always well written, interesting, and insightful. Sometimes I sit back and wish my posts were equally well written but I?m not going to cry over the fact that you are 10 times the writer I am.

I?m glad you liked the video, gosh, it was so long ago. Believe it or not, it seems like just about everyone in LA (I went to UCLA) was in a movie, commercial, or music video. I kid you not, a good majority of the people I met, when I went to their homes, I would see their headshots and all that Hollywood shit. It really wasn?t the lifestyle for me, but it was still a good experience to see some behind the scenes stuff and how the whole process for filmmaking worked.

Back on topic. Hopefully Vrip can finally ship this product out to all the folks on FC that have expressed an interest. I am confident that my experience will be the norm once the VHW gets into the hands of our FC community. Man, all this talking makes me want to take a vape but it?s still too early in the work day for that?lol. Keep me posted when you get yours!

Hey SM,

Hope you don't mind me posting this here (it is a question related to the VHW).

I don't know how I didn't think of this when I was trying to get a sense of the performance of the VHW by comparing it to the stikman (DeVerdamper), which you have not used (yet ). However, I have used the herbo (sphere, tube, & xl tube/temp control & none). How would you describe the drag (resistance) of the Herborizer to that of the VHW (please try to picture both without any water or tool attached...just heating element and filling chamber).

Your insight is fairly reliably keen, interesting, and valuable. I look foreword to and appreciate any you have to offer

Edit: Your Bone video was cool . I remember getting Bone's first CD before I knew who they were because it said 'featuring Eazy-E' (one of the charismatic and influential individuals who have inspired me--despite some of his less favorable, IMO, gangsta tendencies ) on the front cover of the album. Ahhh...nostalgia...
Progress ? I don?t mind at all, I kinda like the way threads can start with one topic and then have a life of their own (even though I know this forum likes us to stay on topic). To answer your question, I would say that the VHW has slightly more drag than the Herbo. The VHW has two strategically placed intakes about the size of a small BB pellet while the Herbo has a single intake roughly the size of a dime. The difference isn?t significant but the Herbo has more of that ?free flow? feeling. Come to think of it, the lower intakes for the Vrip comes in ?jet flo? and ?regular? If you want more drag, go for the regular, it has a slightly smaller hole than the jet flo. The slightly smaller hole has the same effect as the standard wand/heater set up of the SSV when you get more concentrated vapor while the jet flow can be more akin to the hands free. The difference isn?t huge but if you are particular about the type of vapor and feel you want, at least there are some options.

Glad you liked the video! I remember listening to Eazy-E in middle school and having my mind blown. He wasn?t a good role model but his rhymes were entertaining and without him, Dr. Dre might have not gone on to become the mega producer he is today. Come to think of it, I think if an Eazy-E song came on, I could probably rap along to all the words?.that?s how ingrained it is in my mind and I haven?t heard one of his songs in at least 7-8 years!

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
real muthafucken g's :D

im really stoaked for the vhw's restricted air flow...the harder i suck...more vapors i get....awesome! :)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I figured I could stay on topic and give Eazy-E his props at the same time. Although, in many ways, Eazy-E 'wasn?t a good role model' (SM). He had many great attributes. I commented on how a good product, such as you seem to feel the VHW is, does not need to be marketed. I feel confident that Eazy-E would back me up on this one (I recall an album of his beginning with an intro that said "Good evening and welcome to Eazy's playhouse you studid mother-fucker! Now that you got the album...what the fuck are you gonna do with it, Bitch?!?!?"--and he's Still Talkin' Shit from the grave :lol: ).
SM - I would say that the VHW has slightly more drag than the Herbo.
Thanks for the reply. I thought that the herbo (aside from water/diffusion factors) had much more drag than the stikman (DeVerdamper) does (DeVerdamper has wide downstem and holes in the HE similar to VHW plus an open top). Still am very excited, but not sure if glass is inert enough to be safe--JK :rofl: .
SM - Come to think of it, the lower intakes for the Vrip comes in ?jet flo? and ?regular? If you want more drag, go for the regular, it has a slightly smaller hole than the jet flo.
Cool :tup: . Is yours (the comparison) reg or jet? Do you know if jet flow affects performance/heat retention significantly (at all?)?

I love slow days (when my phone/internet is charged ;) ).

Progress,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the way they discribe it on their web page, it seems like the jet flo lower intake would allow greater vapor density, but the user has to be much more in control of their breath speed because it doesnt regulate the air flow like the regular one
Vriptech said:
What is the difference between the standard and ?Jet-Flo? versions of the VCB lower bowls?

The difference between the standard lower bowl and the Jet-Flo version has to do with the size of the orifice in the bottom of the bowl. The standard one is smaller while the Jet-Flo version is larger. Keep in mind that larger isn't always better though...the Jet-Flo version must be used with good technique to get good results; we call it the expert bowl. The standard bowl with the smaller orifice creates a check valve of sorts that controls the rate of draw the user is capable of and also creates more vacuum under the screen so that not as much lung strength is required...it will also pace the delivery so that smaller Vrips result (still bigger than vapor inhalations off of any other device capable of delivering active vapor), but generally good concentration levels are achievable even by those without the most patience. The Jet-Flo version on the other hand must be used by one with patience to allow a good warm up, a pre-draw or two, than a full exhale and long, paced yogic inhalation: if this is done correctly the Jet-Flo will enable larger inhalations. If it isn't done correctly one will still get all the actives, but the vapor will be less concentrated, more diluted with air, and generally isn't as satisfying. As long as the timing is right most heavy hitters prefer the Jet-Flo, but there are exceptions. A good idea if you're looking for the styling set-up is to get a standard and a Jet-Flo as you'll want to have a back up anyway and the standard will be good for getting used to the system and for future neophytes whose minds you'll be blowin'.

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Progress

Good call ^ AoZ (you weren't wrong when you said that misinformation is uncharacteristic of you after one of those rare events :tup: ).

I wonder if this is in reference to the VHG(Sentinel) or the VHW, as they have not yet updated their site for the VHW in any other respect?

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Why is the Verdamper called the ?stickman?? For some reason, I thought that the drag would be similar on both units. I wouldn?t say the drag of the VHW is significantly more than the Herbo, but it is noticeable.

As for your other question, I think the ?jet-flo ?vs- standard? excerpt that AofZ posted is for the heat gun only because I?ve seen that content before and it hasn?t changed. I don?t know if the same rules apply to the VHW. Since the heat gun is fan assisted, the material would always be at the temperature where it would release vapor so when you took those ?long, yogic inhales? with the jetflo, you would get substantially larger hits. Since the VHW is not fan assisted, I think the jetflo would be the equivalent of taking a fast hit on a whip based vape where you get whispier vapors. I?m pretty sure I am using the jetflo (haven?t compared it to my other lower vcb intake) because I brought my VHW over to a buddies house who has the standard and I was pretty sure we were getting fatter hits with his set up but that could have been due to lighting or a bunch of other factors.

Well, for the sake of this forum and you guys, I will buckle down, go home and find the other bowl and do some tests myself!
:lol:

stonemonkey55,

Progress

SM - Why is the Verdamper called the ?stickman??
Because it then shares your initials :lol: . Seriously, if you look at a pic of the element or the base (some are on the website) you'll see a green stickman with a green stick vape. That is what I called the vape when I first saw it WAY back when in Amsterdam (before I knew the real name). It just stuck :shrug: .
SM - For some reason, I thought that the drag would be similar on both units
The DeVerdamper Heating Element has an OPEN top as well as holes on the side near the bottom (lots of flow). However, it's meant to compensate for large/heavy water chamber, etc.). This makes me think that the VHW should be able to handle quite a bit of flow without compromising heat (similar amount of hot glass?).
Well, for the sake of this forum and you guys, I will buckle down, go home and find the other bowl and do some tests myself!
I cant wait to hear the findings, discussion, conclusions, implications for further research, etc. (just a lab joke). SM backwards is MS...Stone Monkey, the Mad Scientist :science:

Progress,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Thank you very much SM. Your kind words really do mean a lot to me...as for the writing, I took three years of an Honors English program at Uni (before dropping out to study Agriculture...haha 180 deg. turn or what?), and I have been an avid reader and writer for the entirety of my life. I am sure you are much better than me at those things you are interested in, each of us is unique in a special way. Sounds corny, but I do beleive that. I hate how much I write here...I always feel like I'm taking up too much space, and normally dragging stuff off-topic. So thanks to all of the FC'ers who tolerate my nonsense. Anyways, TY, it really does mean a lot and I really do appreciate your kindness.

Back on topic: Mark from Vriptech is really an awesome guy. First of all, I only e-mailed him last night and he got back to me first thing this morning. What an e-mail, as well! I think that guy is as wordy as I am :lol:. He is very chill though...and a very interesting person. I've sent him another e-mail tonight and so far I'm really enjoying the discourse we're having, so for any of you with ideas or with comments, like SM says: don't hesitate to contact Mark. He is very polite, kind and very keen on hearing peoples opinions.

All that being said, let's get to the meat (or the beans if you're like me :p) of this post: I'm on the list! Woo-hoo! I have gotten rid of all of my glass besides one pipe, so I am going to be picking up a few things from Vriptech once the VHW is ready to go:

- VHW
- VCB
- VWT Pro Model

Oh my gosh, I'm going to be just like my pal SM! Haha we'll be twins man! Nah, really though, I think this is a fabulous deal...you can argue that you can make your own for much less, and it's true, but I think that it's worth the money. The glass heater cover (that is indeed an all glass pathway--air does NOT travel over the ceramic directly, according to both Mark and SM) is something I could never hope to duplicate, and to me at least, having a vapor pathway that is ONLY moving hot air over glass...well...it's worth the investment. But as we've seen here, I'm not one to shy away from spending some $$ when the logic seems fit in my head.

So, for all of the stuff I'd listed (and including shipping to Can), the whole works is going to run a little less than 300. That's less than I paid for my Surfer originally, and I was using the promotional code provided by Tokin. I know another 300 bones sounds like a big hunk of cash, but for an all glass pathway, a new water/ice bong and the interesting technologies (corkscrew air-path and venturi bowl) that come with this deal, I really do feel like it's a bargin. That's a subjective statement of course so YMMV, but for the amount of Cannabis I purchase/consume...this is a freaking drop in the bucket.

I am so excited! I have been watching this thread and throwing the idea around in my mind for as long as it's been open, but I'm glad I've finally committed and contacted Mark. If you're reading this and you're still up in the air, you should drop him a line...like I said, very chill guy. Also the "Bro-Forum" pre-sale deal is indeed still on, but I'm pretty sure this stuff should be all wrapped up soon (that was the feeling I got, at least), so act while you still can.

One more thing...some people had been questions Mark's marketing tactics, based on the "Comparisons" page of the Vrip website. Well, I personally don't think that page is as horrible as people are making it out to be...and for what it's worth, I mentioned to Mark that I own both an SSV and PD and he had nothing but good things to say about each of those, and in fact said that he realizes a lot of his customers are also SSV owners and he would love to hear how his VHW measures up to that experience. So all in all, I'm impressed. Thanks again for the tip and the encouragement, SM! Your video was really the icing on the cake for me...seeing those clouds and remembering the sweet, sweet gurgle (which I miss soooo much) really sealed the deal.

Anyway, like I said I'm on the list...Mark said he'd be sending out an e-mail to the waiting list group once the unit is ready to be shipped, so if SM doesn't get to it first, I'll definitely keep y'all updated. Can't wait...

Edit: It should be noted that when I picked up my SSV, I also bought an extra whip + the Aroma Diffuser Top, so the SSV can indeed be had for less than 300.

partially veiled,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
so far its PV, SA, and me ordering one(possibly AofZ)...ill post pics of that for sure when I get mine..even if its just some shit camera phone :D ill be high

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well i just emailed mark, ive been looking for something with larger capacity and with higher temperatures to complete my pd-duo, and boy was the price right for this ;)

i have plans to use it with my 7" bong (as pictured on the second page of the picture thread) would this be too small? as i also have a mod in mind to turn it into a whip vape until i get a pipe large enough (if that isnt too blasphemous ;) )

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Progress

PV - The glass heater cover (that is indeed an all glass pathway--air does NOT travel over the ceramic directly, according to both Mark and SM) is something I could never hope to duplicate, and to me at least, having a vapor pathway that is ONLY moving hot air over glass...well...it's worth the investment.
so far its PV, SA, and me ordering one(possibly AofZ)
Congrats, all! I'm so jealous, but unfortunately I have to wait :doh:

PV - Back on topic: Mark from Vriptech is really an awesome guy....He is very polite, kind and very keen on hearing peoples opinions.
I have heard for years that Mark is a loose guy who runs a tight ship (loose like relaxed, not loose like slutty...get your minds out of the gutters! :lol: )

Well, I repeat:
(like Homer Simpson says...) Mmmmm...all-glass VHW with temperature control :drool:

Progress,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
wow, mark is quick, hes already put me on the list, and i agree with pv, he is a very eloquent speaker and very pleasant to talk to :)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Just read another update from Mark. So he starts with "I just finished an R&D session with the VHW so apologies if some of this is incoherent..." :lol:, dude's got a sense of humor, as well. Again, nothing but kind and intelligent words. He explained some really trivial things I had asked him about in detail, and updated me on the GonG situation (nothing I couldn't have found in these forums really, but I only read that stuff in detail after the last e-mail I sent to him). I just had to say once again that I was very impressed with his response, his tone and his kindness.

For all the GonG lovers, Mark has again assured me (I know this has been mentioned already, but it's worth reaffirming) that everything about the VHW and all his pieces are modular, and therefore easily swappable. Also, he has said that GonG is definitely in the pipeline, but getting the VHW in full production is priority. That absolutely makes sense. Just a little note to say once again how impressed I am with the service I've received from this dude already, on par with Tom and Pammy (and that's a high standard) in my books. Excellent.

partially veiled,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
glad to hear that you guys have been getting good service from Mark, I was getting a little worried when Hennesey said that vrip wasn't getting back to him and I thought it was pretty odd. Mark?s a cool guy and ideologically, I think we are very similar. Some people you just ?click? with right away, and even though our relationship is mostly email, his words have a way of coming through. He actually shot me an email mentioning that the guys from this forum were pretty much the most experienced vaporists that he has dealt with. Did he say when your units would be shipping?

stonemonkey55,

Progress

My (dusche-bag) friend who snuck in a cruel comment was looking through this, has a VHG and wanted to comment.

Progress' dusche-bag friend: "It must be hard being a manufacturer and trying to provide quality customer service with uninformed and irritated people who have abused and damaged their equipment, individuals with no electrical/etc. knowledge looking for them to explain all of the unit's inter-workings, etc. However, Mark and Vrip Tech have built a reputation (which seems to be unchanged overall) that makes me confident that he will respectfully share any of his impressive expertise with anyone who treats him with respect and puts forth the same amount of effort they are asking him to put forth. (EDIT: Or else they may not ever get back to you...Ain't that right Penny, I mean Henny--keep trying and maybe you can be Two Cent)"

Sorry if my dusche-bag friend offended you Hennessy (I edited his comment back in to explain my apology--wasn't sure if people saw it before I did and removed it). I think he did it more to bust my stones than yours, but that's what friends are for, right :rolleyes: ?

Progress,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I've got one on pre-order too. The offer is just too good to pass up. I asked him about the GonG lower intake too. If it wasn't on his radar it must definitely be now :lol:. In the end it doesn't really matter to me if I have to use the GonG adapter. Mark told me it's 18.8 and that's what i have on my bong. I just want to see the greatness of the VHW for myself :D Can't wait till he's ready to ship.

Skunkypete,

NoSmoke

I must admit I am a longtime lurker and I finally decided to post. For some reason or another I just didn't feel safe posting blah blah anyways I own a SSV and have been vaping a while. I preordered the VHW about 2 weeks ago Mark responds to all my emails very very quickly and I am very impressed, he told me he is waiting on the blower as all you guys know. On another note you guys are awesome on this forum ,very informative, and I looked forward to expressing my opinion on stuff!

NoSmoke,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Progress said:
Sorry if my dusche-bag friend offended you Hennessy :/
whats that? i dont get it....

I wonder if the VHW has a better time with a 14.5 water pipe? airl flow and all of that...soon all of us can compare notes on 14.5/18.8/straight up hitting it on a 12mm/9mm bong :D ....a good example of this is the PD thread...im feeling the same level of customer service is going to come from mark as well :tup:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive got the 14.5/ small chamber bong covered, im ordering the 12mm slide and dropping it straight into the joint, im trying to decide whether i should ask for the jet flow or stick with the regular lower intake though, as i like to have more control over my hit speed, and the discription on the jet flow leads me to believe that it can achieve more than the regular, but it takes more effort to learn the draw techniques. the more control appeals to me, as i already have a lot of breath control skills from my voice training

decisions decisions :uhoh:

Did he say when your units would be shipping?
he said sometime towards the end of the month, and that hed contact me when they were ready for shipping

Acolyte of Zinglon,

captainwolf

Vriptech doesn't accept paypal through a business account... Has anyone here ordered from them before? Why wouldn't they use pay pal like most other businesses? What protection do you have if you don't use pay pal?

captainwolf,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
They've been in business over 10 years now, I can assure you the are a legit shop. I know that he has had issue in the past with paypal witholding money from him for selling products that could be construed as something illegal but just to re-iterate, he's alwys deliverd for me.

stonemonkey55,

Progress

CW - Has anyone here ordered from them before? Why wouldn't they use pay pal like most other businesses? What protection do you have if you don't use pay pal?
I know many, many people who have ordered products from VripTech over the many years they have been around, and feel that they are a very reputable 'company'.

Nonetheless, I know I would not order a product without documentation of the order placed/Terms & Conditions and a way to retrace the vendor (I believe that Vrip Tech should be able to provide all of these).

Your questions seem like something Mark would probably be glad to answer via e-mail.phone, no?

Hope this helps, Progress

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
After a few days of testing with a few fellow vaporists, the verdict is.... Jetflo... The jetflo offered less drag but was capable of similar density but larger overall clouds. The consensus was that the jetflo was preferred over the standard but there was one person who liked the feel of the standard lower intake better. As a group, we also agreed that the difference wasn't significant, but was noticeable. Progress, you might prefer the standard, or you could get the jet flo and add your beads or anything else that you use to increase drag and maybe you can get the best of both worlds. Here's a picture after 2-3 days of heavy usage between my friends and I, as you can see, the standard wasn't getting as much action. The upper intake on the right actually doesn't work, its one of the many lemons that were made but I thought it made for a better visual this way.

jetflocq7.jpg

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom