Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - once again you are coming through. N3rd really isn't a big fan of making that modular piece. I think his response was "This isn't a swiss army inline" LOL

Do you think you would have to use two hands to handle the piece when it's not connected to the bong and just the mouthpiece? I was thinking maybe make a mouthpiece that sits in your hand more comfortably and can support the weight on the perc... The one in the picture is pretty skinny, what do you think CD? should it have a fatter base to sit in the palm of your hand and made a little thicker?

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hahaha a swiss army perc :rolleyes: .....IMO this mouth piece is'nt really usefull.. I'm a bong hitter soo ...cause you risk to drop the perc by using/passing it to an other person ...I dunno this is a as your personal taste

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
That's what I was thinking as well, i'm a bong hitter too, just wanted extra modular functionality, but now that I think about the potential breakage, I think the mouth piece is something I won't need. The perc looks awesome though, I really like this design!

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yep I like it to ...I love the pinch in the top ...it look more solid

did you see the perc witout gong ?? did you met nerd ? if you do, your really lucky LOL ...I'll probably never met him :( way too far LOL

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I have not seen the perc withuot the GonG (is there a link you can send?) yet but I have a converter from VRIP so I can transform any gong joint to accept the current intake bowl. I'm sure pretty soon, he will be offering offering GonG lower bowls but for now this works pretty darn well.

I have not met n3rd yet, I said I could give him money before he did his work but he said that he only accepts compensation afterwards. I really like that about him! I even offered him extra money to get my piece blown quicker but he said that I would have to wait like the rest of the people. Even though that was bad news for me, I still respected that he didn't cave in to the almighty dollar.

What did you mean by the pinch at the top?

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hehe that fine , I'm sure you'll get a sick perc !!! is there a long waiting time ? cause I know he did'nt blow glass as job (he is engeneer I think) but I'm sure it will kik ass !!!! dont forget to post pix I want to see it :cool:

Clear_Dome,

420Downunder

Ahh the waiting game, always fun...not :lol: Btw it's an inline AC not a perc a perc is like this;
torodarby3.jpg

torodarby5.jpg

420Downunder,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
damn you have really some serious tube dude ...but those are arm perc (or three prec ) not inline perc right ??

btw I think inline AC look different than a inline perc and both have different use...perc split the input in a lot of bubble ...hash catcher only hash catch ...but I may be wrong

Clear_Dome,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SM- hey man...mark only mailed me saying you told him to mail me :/ said he never found my emails :| i mailed him back asking for pricing(more like what i kno plus shipping :lol:) still no reply..

im getting at bit down...:(

oh my fucking god that tube up there is nuts!....shit would run over $700...easily...hey man is that your bong....makes me want to combust :ko:
:uhoh:

:peace:

edit///
PLEASE WATCH VIDEO BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL IM TALKING ABOUT
ok so a bit of a road block(aside from mark not mailing me back) the glass chamber im going to use for my VHW toy is a roor stem roller... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbinrCM_lUo (best part to see the things diffuser starts at 0:50)....that's my piece to the T(crown label and everything)

my question is..how will i expect to fit a VHW bowl setup in there? roor=18.8

VHW.jpg

if i could get that ^Q. answered ill have a much better chance to find out if the glass i have will work or not.

if the case becomes i need a bong with a 14.5 joint i can just get a 18--->14.5 GONG convector to hook up to the joint....not a problem there im just worried that the vapor downstem(non GONG fitted part) wont fit into my stem roller safely http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/582/photo4ym6.jpg

Hennessy1414,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hennessy - all you need is this piece right here:

vwt2otjss_l.jpg

This should do the trick, the down stem on the VHW bowl is probably 2.5 - 3inches

I paid around 10 bucks for shipping if I recall correctly, let me see if I can dig up my invoice. I think Mark usually tries to answer all his emails at the end of day, so maybe wait for a response later on this afternoon? He's a one man shop, traveling on the road a lot, he could use a customer service rep to help out.

420downunder - damn you make me jealous. So what's the difference between a perc and a diffuser? I thought they are synonyms for each other... did Mark ever get back to you about adding a gg joint to the downstem so you wouldn't need to retro fit it with the piece that I posted above?

stonemonkey55,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
CD, I'll try to get this thread back on track.

SM, I had a vision today while day-dreaming about the awesome potential of the VHW. In particular, I was wondering if it is necessary for the handle to be so long and possible for it to be more ergonomic (loop for thumb and finger or something). Not sure if such modifications are desirable or feasible at this point in production, but just figured I'd share.

Also, I remember something being said about taking something off of the VHW (not sure if it was glass cover or just silicone), but the more that can be taken apart to be cleaned/repaired (IMO) the better.

One last thought, IMO it is always best to keep the air-flow through the VHW on the loose side (as long as it can handle the flow without affecting its performance). People (like myself) who prefer more drag can compensate with diffusers, etc. I wish you could try the De Verdamper (filled above the water line with large marbles) as a reference point, but :shrug:

Side note: Both Mark and Everett are pioneers in the vape industry (Vrip Tools and Verdamper are both oldskool :tup: )

(like Homer Simpson says...) Mmmmm...all-glass VHW with temperature control :drool:

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Progress! Good to hear from you and thanks for getting the thread back on topic, although I didn?t mind talking about all these different types of glass. CD started another thread in ?General Vaporization? section, pretty cool start!

About the handle, I think in a future version, the handle could be shrunk down. The circuit board could definitely by shortened and widened out but I think this would have added quite a bit to the production cost. It doesn?t look overly complex and I think with some more R&D, a shorter VHW would def be possible. For the time being, I would say the trade off for a longer VHW is that you get the temp control built right in, something that is extra for the Herbo, and I?m not sure if there is one available for the Verdamper.

The glass sleeve on the VHW is removeable, so it can be a modular piece in the future. The silicone sleeve does begin to discolor with time and usage, but it?s an easily replaceable part. I got an email from Mark the other day saying how hard it has been for the glass blowers to get the upper intake bowl blown correctly with the tooling they have done, I can?t help but think GG joints could have expedited this but it was important for him to have the connection from the wand to the intake be one that could be easily taken on and off. He has already agreed to make lower stems with 14 and 18mm GG joints in the future but has not given me a timeline for that.

Is the VHW perfect? It can definitely use some subtle improvements but even in it?s current form, is my favorite machine to use. Oh yea, as far as the drag goes, the current down stems come in two sizes, 9 and 12mm, which do drastically affect the type of drag you want, hopefully he will carry this over when he starts making the down stem a GG joint.

stonemonkey55,

Progress

SM, Nice new avatar (the monkey is vaguely familiar).

Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct me if I am off about anything I say below (as I have not yet had the opportunity to use the VHW). Furthermore, I mean no disrespect to Mark's ingenuity.
SM - About the handle, I think in a future version, the handle could be shrunk down. The circuit board could definitely by shortened and widened out but I think this would have added quite a bit to the production cost. It doesn?t look overly complex and I think with some more R&D, a shorter VHW would def be possible.
Cool. IMO, R&D is one of the things that can make or break anyone competing in the technology industry.
SM - for the time being, I would say the trade off for a longer VHW is that you get the temp control built right in, something that is extra for the Herbo, and I?m not sure if there is one available for the Verdamper.
I Agree (also, the stikman has no temp control option except draw technique :( )
SM - The glass sleeve on the VHW is removeable
Cool :tup: .
SM - I got an email from Mark the other day saying how hard it has been for the glass blowers to get the upper intake bowl blown correctly with the tooling they have done, I can?t help but think GG joints could have expedited this but it was important for him to have the connection from the wand to the intake be one that could be easily taken on and off.
IMO...It seems like a viable option would be to have a large GonG permanantly attached to the top of the filling chamber instead of the part currently with the logo (the part he is having trouble with, right?...Side note: IMO he should definitely offer GonG bottom instead of the standard slide with ring stet-up). Additionally, the heating element could have a non-GonG cone that would comfortably/safely mate with the GonG that is attached to the top of the filling chamber. In particular, it would only seal at the bottom of the GonG (where it gets skinniest) I proposed to attach to the filling chamber (picture the tip of a dull pencil entering the end of a straw, but not fitting in...it would just touch the skinniest part of the GonG that is attached to the top of the filling chamber instead of the part with the logo), so it could wobble/rotate (unless you wanted to slide the silicone down for a tighter seal and more stability..in this case the silicone-coated glass, being thicker, would seal at the top of the GonG joint).
SM - He has already agreed to make lower stems with 14 and 18mm GG joints in the future but has not given me a timeline for that.
He could shorten the stem below the filling chamber to about 1" for now (that would make it easier to use with a GonG female).
SM - Oh yea, as far as the drag goes, the current down stems come in two sizes, 9 and 12mm, which do drastically affect the type of drag you want
I can't comment on this (have not used the VHW yet), but I know that it is nice-to-be drag-free (sounds like a slogan--I even added the hyphens for effect :lol: ). In other words, to be able to draw as easily as if you were just breathing (with only the restriction of the tools to which the heat source is attached)
SM - Is the VHW perfect?
Perfect? No. I agree with Aristotle that perfection is an unattainable state towards which we can only strive (the allegory of the cave).

I have actually been thinking about some possible future trajectories for phyto-inhalation aromatherapy devices (in addition to the development of better hand-held/portable devices, compatible battery packs, and more oil-friendly units). One idea seeks to further concentrate the vapor inhaled (particularly for those seeking large/concise dosages). I have been toying with ideas for a unit that would heat up a small chamber filled with herbs in water or oils (with or without water) to the desired vaporization temperature without allowing the water or oil vapors to be released. Once the desired temperature has been achieved, the contents of the chamber (steam AND evaporated essential oils) would all be released into the larger cooling area or pathway simultaneously (rather than requiring the recipient to repeatedly draw/force hot air past the herbs/oils to vaporize them). I am not sure about the feasibility of such technology, but thought that this example would help justify my answer.

Ramble, ramble, ramble... :rolleyes:

I just like seeing such technological advancements continuing to decrease the suffering and increase the well-being/health/happiness of individuals :tup:.

Toke care :cool: !

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
IMO...It seems like a viable option would be to have a GonG permanantly attached to the top of the filling chamber (which should definitely come with a GonG bottom option). Then the heating element could have a non-GonG cone that would comfortably/safely mate with the GonG attached to the top of the filling chamber. In particular, it would only seal at the bottom of the GonG I proposed to attach to the filling chamber, so it could wobble/rotate (unless you wanted to slide the silicone down for a tighter seal and more stability shrug ).
I think I have an idea of what you are talking about but if you could clarify just a little I'd be appreciative!

I have been toying with ideas for a unit that would heat up a small chamber filled with herbs in water or oils (with or without water) to the desired vaporization temperature without allowing the water or oil vapors to be released. Once the desired temperature has been achieved, the contents of the chamber (steam AND evaporated essential oils) would all be released into the larger cooling area or pathway simultaneously (rather than requiring the recipient to repeatedly draw/force hot air past the herbs/oils to vaporize them). I am not sure about the feasibility of such technology, but thought that this example would help justify my answer.
I really like this idea, the only problem I can see is that as the pressure that will build up by holding the steam and vapor in one area might be tough to deal with. Other than that, i think that is a great idea!

Drag-free - time to trademark that!

Happy friday everyone!

stonemonkey55,

Progress

SM - I think I have an idea of what you are talking about but if you could clarify just a little I'd be appreciative!
I updated my description a little, however, the best thing to do (IMO) is to picture the pieces as they are and mentally make the changes I described in the e-mail above one at a time.

Please describe to me your understanding of the idea I am trying to communicate so I can tell if everything is getting across correctly and respond (feel free to just edit it into your last post ^ and I'll edit my response into this one--if you don't mind).

Also, let me know if you are totally like... :huh: .

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Progress, I understand what you are getting at and it makes perfect sense. Along the lines of what you were talking about, in the Vaporwarez thread someone showed a hybrid hands free/standard whip. Check out the one that says HYBRID

Heater-Covers-All-3-uncapped-500-px-labeledjpg.jpg

Depending what kind of glass sleeve is on the VHW, you could have a standard connection or a GG connection. I know that Mark has sourced a few companies that make shorter gg joints so that the seal is still airtight, but it would be easier to pull apart. I think the lower bowl connection to the waterpipe should be the standard 19 mm gg joint, and the connection between the VHW and upper intake can be the shorter GG joints that would be easier to pull apart. Nonetheless, the current design works extremely well but I still like that I only need to replace a few different parts if I were to upgrade in the future.

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
still no reply from mark...we e-maield about 2-3 times...i asked how much and if this and that would work...no reply

:peace: (?)

Hennessy1414,

Progress

SM - Progress, I understand what you are getting at and it makes perfect sense. Along the lines of what you were talking about, in the Vaporwarez thread someone showed a hybrid hands free/standard whip. Check out the one that says HYBRID
Depending what kind of glass sleeve is on the VHW, you could have a standard connection or a GG connection. I know that Mark has sourced a few companies that make shorter gg joints so that the seal is still airtight, but it would be easier to pull apart. I think the lower bowl connection to the waterpipe should be the standard 19 mm gg joint, and the connection between the VHW and upper intake can be the shorter GG joints that would be easier to pull apart. Nonetheless, the current design works extremely well but I still like that I only need to replace a few different parts if I were to upgrade in the future.
I am not really sure I understand the connection between the vaporwares hybrid and the set-up that I proposed for the VHW.

I definitely agree with Mark (I believe he feels this way) that there is no need to make the bottom of the VHW have a male GonG joint (unless the VHW was made MUCH smaller/lighter). I mainly suggested having a GonG joint above the filling chamber because they are solid, available, consistent pieces.

I also thought that the last part of my description could have been clearer (I said: "Additionally, the heating element could have a non-GonG cone that would comfortably/safely mate with the GonG that is attached to the top of the filling chamber. In particular, it would only seal at the bottom of the GonG (where it gets skinniest) I proposed to attach to the filling chamber (picture the tip of a dull pencil entering the end of a straw, but not fitting in...it would just touch the skinniest part of the GonG that is attached to the top of the filling chamber instead of the part with the logo), so it could wobble/rotate (unless you wanted to slide the silicone down for a tighter seal and more stability..in this case the silicone-coated glass, being thicker, would seal at the top of the GonG joint).")

When I said to picture the tip of a sharpened pencil going into a straw, the entrance of the straw represented the circumfrance of the bottom of the GonG attachment (if the pencil has a longer point, it sticks further into the straw...more blunt/less far in). However, the cone at the bottom of the VHW would only make contact at the bottom of the GonG joint but extend slightly beyond it (hence ability to rotate it--this ring of contact is plenty to keep it airtight). This set up would allow a tight/sturdy seal that should be pretty easy to replicate and won't stick together while in use. I think I clearly described the part about sliding the silicone down the VHW just so far that the cone at the bottom of the VHW and the GonG joint attached to the top of the filling chamber barely do not meet when mated (instead being sealed at the top of the GonG joint by the silicone sleeve).

I am curious if you (SM) think this could be a feasible solution or you see any potential problems with such a set-up.

PS: Please feel free (encouraged ;) ) to point Mark to this discussion (as I feel fairly confident that this could pose a feasible solution to logistical WHW manufacturing issues--and may help expedite my adoption into the VHW family, ifyouknowwhatImean...).

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Progress - yeah, my picture wasn't a very good example of what you were explaining but if I understand you correctly, the intake would basically be a bigger hole, the tip of the VHW would be skinny, and then gradually flare out until its big enough to make a seal or like your hole and the pencil analogy. That seems like a very logical way to do the intake and theoretically (since I know nothing about glass blowing except that its difficult) make it easier to make exact duplicate of each other. Actually, it kinda slipped my mind but the intake and the seal has been solved, the real problem now is the angle of the intake. I actually told mark a straight intake would be easier to use but then he told me that if the intake has a bend to it, then it is just as easy for a lefty to use it as a righty. Seemed logical enough of an explanation to me, I do like the bend, but straight wouldn't be a deal breaker either...

I cut and paste your description and sent it over to them and credited you with the idea. Feel free to reach out to him as well. I do like the idea of a skinnier mini VHW though, call it the VHW nano, and then VHW nano wireless...ahh the possibilties!

stonemonkey55,

Progress

SM - if I understand you correctly, the intake would basically be a bigger hole, the tip of the VHW would be skinny, and then gradually flare out until its big enough to make a seal or like your hole and the pencil analogy.
Yes, the end of the VHW would be like the tip of a pencil (a dull/rounded or broken/flat point that does not stick through the 'straw' very much), however, the straw part would be the bottom (skinniest part) of the large GonG joint I suggested instead of the part with the logo that the VHW currently mates with)
That seems like a very logical way to do the intake and theoretically (since I know nothing about glass blowing except that its difficult) make it easier to make exact duplicate of each other.
That could be a huge advantage of using the pre-made GonG joint instead (plus durability)
Actually, it kinda slipped my mind but the intake and the seal has been solved, the real problem now is the angle of the intake.
I should have read your whole response before starting to reply :lol: . I can't bear to delete the rest :rolleyes:
I cut and paste your description and sent it over to them and credited you with the idea. Feel free to reach out to him as well.
Cool. Thank you for the foreword :tup: I am not going to bother him, but would be glad to give any of my ideas (pro-bono) if he were interested (all of my insight is solely experiential ;) ).

I AM very excited about the potential of the VHW, and feel that there is no one better to pioneer such a development in vape technology than one of the original pioneers, Vrip Tech :tup:

Progress,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Hey SM. Just thought I'd let you know...I have a sum of money on the way for some unspeakable reasons (:brow:) and I'm thinking that VripTech is going to be seeing a chunk of that. That is, if he still has the pre-order price available. I just wanted to say THANK YOU, seriously, thank you, for bringing not just this terrific looking vaporizer, but also this deal, to our eyes. I was seriously hoping to be done with the vaporizer collection...but I dunno man...she grows. Anyways, I have been silent on this item so far, but I have been following really keenly, and since I've got some cash on the way I think if the pre-release deal is still happening, it's too good to pass up... So thanks again dude. And BTW, your video is awesome. The "other" video you posted (rap related...) is also awesome: if that's you that's the best cameo I've ever seen...:lol: You rule dude, thanks so much. :)

partially veiled,

Progress

Hey SM,

Hope you don't mind me posting this here (it is a question related to the VHW).

I don't know how I didn't think of this when I was trying to get a sense of the performance of the VHW by comparing it to the stikman (DeVerdamper), which you have not used (yet ;) ). However, I have used the herbo (sphere, tube, & xl tube/temp control & none). How would you describe the drag (resistance) of the Herborizer to that of the VHW (please try to picture both without any water or tool attached...just heating element and filling chamber).

Your insight is fairly reliably keen, interesting, and valuable. I look foreword to and appreciate any you have to offer :D
:peace:

Edit: Your Bone video was cool :tup: . I remember getting Bone's first CD before I knew who they were because it said 'featuring Eazy-E' (one of the charismatic and influential individuals who have inspired me--despite some of his less favorable, IMO, gangsta tendencies ;) ) on the front cover of the album. Ahhh...nostalgia...

Progress,
Top Bottom