Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Hey guys you can in fact sometimes make a big enough standard shape bowl work without the seal just like you can sometimes make one of our intended VCBS work without the seal (all depends upon the shaping of the bowl or intake to the end of the wand), but neither the wand nor our chamber bowls are intended to work that way so as a company we can't support it or endorse it. Besides it simply works better than anything else if used as intended with the seqential venturi effect you get from having the intake on the bowl....nature's flow form phsyics for better vapor!!!

Additionally, there is a matter of intellectual property and Mark being an advocate of that system working the way it's intended has said Vrip's official position is that the wands are made for use with our patented two piece vaporization chamber bowls only (with a tip seal in the case of Ver. 1,2 and 3 to date). Two important considerations: 1) if you leave the wand on for extended periods without actually using (pulling air through it to vaporize) then the tip seals will last far longer laying it horizontal as opposed to inverted in one of our stands or a mug as is often used or in any other manner where the end of it is sealed off and the heat is allowed to just accumalate. The wand inverted in a stand or a mug is great for speeding the heat up to sesh and is good for the typical in and out usage during a typical sesh, but will result in cooked tip seals if just stored that way on full heat for extended periods (hours on end without use). 2) if your tip seal is getting discolored and showing signs of cracking hit me up @ info@vriptech.com and we'll get you some replacements.

Plenty of customers have plugged us and continue to plug us to make a GonG VCB and wand set-up and we have made functional prototypes. From testing it has been concluded it won't work the way it needs to without a custom made joint because it can't be "finessed" like the wand with the tip seal and the last Mark talked about it he said the focus in the shop is keeping up with existing demand now, but that "we'll definitely get to it.":ninja:

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Right on Spex!!! I know he's into it and trys to be as responsive to the customer's wishes as possible so it will get done eventually. He actually has GonG VHW prototypes from before he was even selling the current wands in his office that he showed me so he was thinking along the same lines himself long before most of us even knew about the wand (he had started making early renditions for himself and some bros after seeing and buying a bunch of the original Hot Glass wands, but didn't start selling his VHW design until many years later).

The problem is the off-the-shelf joints actually seal too good and get stuck so the wand is stuck to the intake and you can't crack the seal so to speak to finesse the heat like you can with the tip seal approach. He has said a more spherical "wobbly" joint is likely the perfect solution just hasn't gotten to tooling it yet as we have a hard enough time keeping up with existing demand (Thank you Conscious Glass Vaporists!!!). It will happen though...I'll keep plugging him! We appreciate the :2c:

ShadowVape,

blackbur

Always searching for another vaporizer to test out i decided to take a glass at this thread.

After reading all 80 pages of this thread i have to say...that was one hell of an adventure..seeing the vriptech heatwand go through so many different stages of evolution it was really interesting.After weeks of research and reading testimonies/reviews i decided i would make an invest in a used 2.0. I don't have it in my hands yet so i wont be writing a review, but once i do play around with it for a couple of week i will be back with videos and a decent review. I'd really like to give thanks to all of the users that contributed to this thread, without your input..complaints..ideas..tragedies i wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger on my purchase :) .

Even though i am getting a older unit i still have high expectation for it, I also plan on upgrading a couple parts on it such as the glass heating cover and the element if it ever dies out.

@Shadowvape i have a question. The $30 replacement ceramic heating element/service,i realize that if your willing to put in yourself you can get the element at a discounted price, but how does one replace the element. What kind of tools/materials does it require?

blackbur,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Blackbur you are one committed Vaporist to read all the pages in this thread!!!! We will support you any and all ways possible...hell if you're in California Mark will probably personally want to session with you once I tell him you read all 80 pages of the VHW thread LOL!

As long as the 2.0 is still getting hot and in one piece it should work great...just remember to let it heat all the way up while you're packing a full, well ground bowl of high oil content herbs for best results, keep the wand tip sealed in the intake for the warm up, primer pulls and primary pulls without cracking the seal (in and out with the wand tip is the same as on and off with the heat) unless it's been in there for awhile and you're pausing for some reason and you're in for a tasty treat. There is a great instruction set on the step by step page on the website or you can also email me @ info@vriptech.com and I'll send you a .pdf with tips for pro-Vripping.

The replacement elements can be self installed by competent solderers with an appropriately sized soldering iron (small tip), solder, and de-soldering syringe and what is required is: 1) remove the glass cover and the temp dial that goes to the potentiometer on the board, 2) slide the board forward out of the housing (handle) by pushing from the power cord side gently, 3) reposition the ground plate at the base of the element by bending the element downward and sliding off so you can get to the solder points at the top of the board, 4) de-solder the old element's leads very carefully so as not to damage the board after noting the order of the four leads (two are for the element and two are for the thermocouple built in to the element), 5) solder in the leads to the new element, 6) slide the ground plate over the new element and carefully slide the whole element/board assembly back into the housing (there is a track inside on both sides that the board must be lined up with...don't force it), 7) put the temp dial back in and the glass cover back on (carefully making sure the element is well centered) and you're rockin' the broadest spectrum, most concentrated vapor the world has ever known once again!

A few things to be aware of is that the 3.0 glass covers do work on the 2.0 wands as replacements, but are used without the thermal exchange coil and will take a little longer to heat up because the inner diameter is a bit looser so the glass will last longer. The 3.0 elements get about 20% hotter so more than compensate and will deliver more heat for faster pulls or concentrates than the 2.0s for the most part: 2.0s that have the VT1 opened up wide (hacked) will get REAL hot if that is the goal, but the elements won't last long and the board can be damaged in the process and is not under warranty. Replacement elements for the 2.0s are 115v whereas the stock elements they came with are 110v (so if you're buying a used one check the element and you may be able to still see the writing and tell if it's the original or a replacement element). Because each replacement of the element requires de-soldering and re-soldering on the board the potential for damage to the board goes up with each round....a skilled tech makes all the difference and if our tech blows it or even if the board was already damaged we'll always replace with an equivalent 2.0 or offer a bro-deal on a 3.0 upgrade if you purchased the element replacement service.:D

ShadowVape,

blackbur

Thanks Shadowvape, i make it a habit to learn as much as i can about a vaporizer before purchasing it.
If it means i have to do some light reading i dont mind haha. I might take him up on that session if he offers :cool:. I'll defiantly check out the step by step guide on the site.

Thanks for answering my questions and responding so promptly,I plan on inspecting the unit very throughly when it arrives and i will get back to you about the heating element. If you don't mind me asking what is the "bro" deal? feel free to pm me if you'd rather not post it.

blackbur,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
No worries bro....it sounds like good practice. It also sounds like you could end up finding a home with us as Vrip tools tend to work best in the hands of careful conscious types. The Bro-Form courtesy deals we offer from time to time are essentially a wholesale price point being offered to a retail customer to make up for any gray area in terms of fault or warranty coverage elapsed or, in some cases, as a discounted upgrade for an existing 2.0 customer having issues with their 2.0. We have offered Bro-Form 3.0 upgrades coinciding with 2.0 element repairs so the customer ends up with a new 3.0 complete at a discount and get's their old 2.0 repaired as a back-up. Once on board with Vrip quality vapor it's hard to go without and back-ups become standard operating protocal for many...it is glass afterall and we all know what happens eventually!

It is a one time deal and it is asked that the customer not expect the same pricing on subsequent purchases because we wouldn't be able to stay in business at that price point (if it wasn't for the bulk of our business being retail we couldn't afford to even offer wholesale or retail pricing at the price points we do...in other words all of our pricing would have to go up if we operated like most companies focused more on wholesale as opposed to customer direct retail). Give thanks for E-Comm and the Dell direct model!

ShadowVape,

blackbur

That is a great deal.
Having Dual Vrip tech wands for maximum cloud consumption.
I would defiantly consider the bro deal if anything were to happen to my first heat wand.Btw thanks its comforting to know that i have your's and Mark's support.

If my 2.0 heating element failed and i went with the bro deal and got the 3.0,would the 3.0 come with a warranty even at the wholesale price?

Yeah i can understand where your coming from..giving that offer over and over again would defiantly ruin your revenue.

blackbur,
Just thought I would share a gadget that I use with my VHW for safety... or really for peace of mind:

Belkin Conserve Socket 30/180/360 minute timer for $10.
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Conserve-Socket-F7C009q-Energy/dp/B003P2UMS0

Basically it's a timer that you can set to 30 minutes, 3 hours or 6 hours. You can keep your wand plugged in and when you are ready to use it, hit the button on the timer and it gives power for the designated amount of time. If you leave in a hurry and forget to unplug it, you are safe because it will shut itself off.

For quick sessions, I use the 30 minute timer, because I'm always done in under 30 minutes. Or if you are sessioning all day long, you can keep the VHW on low and set the timer for 3 hours, turning it up for individual sessions then back down to low. If you fall asleep by accident it will turn off by itself. Also remember to hit the button at the beginning of each session, to re-start the timer.

Note, it does not contain a surge protector to my knowledge, so I plug the timer into a surge protector, then plug the wand into the timer.

Thought I would share this because it's cheap, simple to use, and works well. :2c:

WakeAndVake,

blackbur

1zpqo0k.jpg

214xil1.jpg

2eq4b43.jpg

j8ob50.jpg

4tx8o9.jpg

:)

time for the test driving and experimenting.

blackbur,

yolky

What's up Vrippers! It's yolky checking back in to see how things are going. I've been a VHW customer for almost 2 years now and want to reiterate that you won't find a better vaporizer on the market, no way no how. I just sent an email to info@vriptech.com to get some replacement silicon tips as mine is pretty much shot by now. I've been using the VHW daily (version 2 with heat coil exchange), keep it plugged in and at temp for an average of 5 hours a day with absolutely no problems. The temp setting I always use can be referenced by: If the wand is standing in its normal upright position in the champagne glass, I turn the indicator so that the fat part of the indicator is running parallel with the 3 o'clock position. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, I hear there's a new 3.0 heating element that is out? Some are claiming they prefer the 2.0 claiming the vap gets more dense with the 2.0. That being said, I always like to try upgrades out etc. Is there a way that I could get a 3.0 upgrade but still have my 2.0 as well without paying full price for another wand? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

What's up Stonemonkey and Urdoingitwrong!

yolky,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Nice score Blackbur that 2.0 looks alot cleaner than mine!!! Hopefully you're dialed in to the technique and enjoying by now. Let me know if there is anything we can help with.

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
What up with Tasty Vapor Stonemonkey? I saw Mark last night and he said he had just been doing some product testing with your production unit and was VERY IMPRESSED and in a VERY GOOD MOOD! Can't wait to check it with my own lungs :p

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Thanks for the props and update Yolky...of course we can get you dialed in with some replacement tips. And any FC member with a 1.0 or 2.0 can qualify for a Bro-Form courtesy deal on an upgrade to a 3.0. Just email me at info@vriptech.com.:D

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Oh and Yolky....the vapor commitment is admirable even for FC! 5 hours a day average? I think you're even giving Mark's wand a run for the money and his is on A LOT! He likes to say "we know it works but we're still doing a lot of testing to make it better." Maybe someday I'll get promoted to R&D?

ShadowVape,
Reactions: Alexis

IRIE Toker

ShadowVape said:
Yes I...just the shared thoughts of your holiday IRIE and a Vrip of some of Mark's Maui Dog took me there for a few....but since I can't just swing in the hammock on the beach today I'm packing some of his Strawberry Lemon Haze to speed things up (Mark tells me what to hit during the day and what to save for AFTER work hahaha)...:D The pay here isn't going to have me retiring anytime soon but I gotta give props for the PerKs LOL!

Ahh, but your beach is a lot warmer than mine.. :)

- I'm not gonna lie, thinking about the StrawLemHaze just made my mouth water.. Glad to hear you're well taken care of.

On a side note: I have been very happy to see so many new posts! Keep em comin guys!

IRIE Toker,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Right on bro...a breeder by the name of Nebu takes credit for the StrawLemHaze, but it was family grown here in Cali and damn....something about that bio-organic approach to cultivation. Mark always says fish emulsion WITH THE OILS and glacial hummus based compost teas is the key (calls it the Rain Main formula after an old friend). All I know is on my end I love pulling on the flowers as much as pulling out my flowers when all my bros pull out their prescription bottle flowers from the clubs as the outcome never fails: "Damn that Tastes Good!" :ninja:

ShadowVape,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Been Vripping bowls for the last 3hrs+ like it's going out of style....... ;)

Bowl after bowl, with a lot of strain variety. Currently VERY medicated. Barney's Farm LSD tastes amazing. This badboy isn't the easiest to use, but is still the king of the perfect toke with the best heat retention currently out IMO.

IAmKrazy2,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Bananiq said:
I wonder how new VHW revision compares to the old models.

Main difference Bananiq is the cartridge element on the 3.0 is an integrated circuit cast in ceramic (and then encapsulated in glass by way of the VHW glass cover) as opposed to a standard catridge type element as found on most vaporizers and used on the versions 1.0 and 2.0 which is a nichrome coil cast in ceramic. This standard and common type of cartridge element (110V) wasn't as robust as we'd like and had a failure rate of around 7-10% within the 90 day warranty period (we replaced with a better element, but of the same type at 115V). Some of these lasted and are still going...others only lasted months. It really seemed like the quality of the power supply and particularly the ground of the outlets used made a big difference and although we recommended good surge protectors with surge supporession circuitry be used with them at all times it wasn't a perfect solution. With the 3.0 elements we've had about a 1/3 of 1% failure rate total (not just within the 90 day warranty) so they are much more durable in this application. They also get about 25% hotter on the average so are preferred for those that want to pull faster or melt concentrates (still starts slower than combustion or other exposed ceramic or metal coil vaporizers on the heat up due to all the thermal mass of the glass, but will milk clean and concentrated quite impressively with proper technique). The glass cover also got a re-vamp on the 3.0 whereas we now have a slightly different tooling pattern for the inner glass that encapsulates the element and we also sand blast this component for maximum surface area and most efficient thermal exchange. The inner cover is a bit looser on the new units so the glass tends to last longer and the metallic thermal exchange coil isn't required.

Hope that helps! Back to R&D :ko:

ShadowVape,

DaProfessor

My daily driver is usually the MZ, but decided to change things up since 4/20. I've been using my VHW everyday. Usage has increased by 1.5x, but still find that I can get to where I need to be without even covering the entire screen. I'm also loving the taste, the VHW is soooooo clean tasting. And the infamous 'blue' vapor is very pretty :p I also have less of a 'hangover'. I wonder if it has to do with the using the VHW? Anyone else feel that the cleaner air path of the VHW may help with decreasing some of the negative side effects associated with cannabis?

DaProfessor,

IRIE Toker

My stoned ass tried to add a signature for my profile and ended up making a post... GOD I LOVE THE VHW!

:ko: :ko: :ko: :ko: :ko: :ko:

IRIE Toker,
Top Bottom