Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Hey VRIP Family thanks for the props and dialogue in maintaining this thread as always....since we don't really advertise (Mark prefers the product and the customers to do the talking) there is nothing more important to Vrip than insightful and honest dialogue that drives business and supports the user community. I've told Mark that there was a customer on FC claiming to have had a really bad experience with a Ver. 1.0 and a 2.0 and replacement (if I've read right) and Mark was really disappointed to hear it. He said he'd like to talk to this customer or any of the FC.com members personally to right any wrongs from problems that slipped through the cracks, or of course, hear any ideas or props (I can tell you we're alot more used to the ideas and props) just email me with your phone # and best time to connect and I'll connect you to Mark direct. So WandHater if you're not just a spammer (as the name would kind of imply) and are, in fact, a real customer who has had a terrible experience (barring any unrealistic expectations for a glass vaporization tool in the first place and our detailed instructions withstanding...sorry have to state this as everyone at one point or another has to deal with tools simply being tools) please send me an email @ info@vriptech.com and I'll have you connected with Mark directly ASAP. Or if you just want your problem solved and not talk with Mark just give me the important information and I'll sort out a solution (it's my job). And again, anyone else on here who want's direct contact with Mark just send me an email with a head's up on what's up and contact # and Mark will follow up personly by phone (he's better in real time than with email trust me).

We're a handblown functional glass company always struggling to keep up with the orders so will sometimes take longer to ship an order than say a "Box in a Box" vaporizer company, but we do our best to fill orders in a reasonable amount of time and maintain a fair and constantly advancing queue when we do have back orders. We will continue to strive to maintain improved MRP but do generally offer the option of buying through authorized distributors such as AquaLab and VaporStore who may have something in stock that we will need to blow so will be able to ship a few days sooner.

As far as the 2.0s being preferred over the 3.0s it's true there are a few (very few as in three exactly that I am aware from email dialogue) customers who have said they prefer their 2.0 which doesn't get quite as hot to their 3.0 which gets about 20% hotter. The other difference is the 2.0 heats in the middle of the element and the 3.0 heats more towards the tip. Since both models feature potentiometers for variable temperature control the exact same temp should be obtainable on both with the temp setting simply being slightly lower on the 3.0. There are subtle differences piece to piece in terms of the glass so this could also be a factor, although from experience the 3.0 is clearly a more reliable tool because of the integrated circuit based element (as opposed to nichrome coil). The actual functionality for raw herbs and controlled broad spectrum vapor pulls is basically identical. For faster pulls more akin to smoking through a water pipe or for hybrid smoke/vapor or for concentrates the 3.0 is definitely superior due to it's ability to get hotter. I should mention now that anyone on FC.com who has a VHW 1.0 or 2.0 qualifies for a one time "Bro-Form" Courtesy purchase to upgrade to the 3.0 at a steep discount. We are taking receipt of a new shipment of heaters next week so will be well stocked if anyone wants to upgrade.

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Oh shoot just realized I forgot to address the silicon tip seals and since sometimes I lag so hard getting back here to check in want to knock it out now. If the wand is inverted in the stand we make or a mug for quick heat ups and greatest efficiency during a session this is all good and the iintended use....but, and this is the big BUT for the silicon tip seal: if the wand is left inverted in its stand or a mug for extended periods of time on full heat without being removed the heat that will accumlate in the stand or mug around the tip seal will shorten the lifespan of the silicon tip seal significantly. In the directions this is warned against and it is suggested for those of you that want to keep it on fully heated and ready to rock at all times that laying it flat (horizontal) on a flat heat proof surface is a much better way to go (Mark has his on a flat rock tile glowing for hours on end). Obviously, the seals and the elements have a finite life span, but you should be able to get at least six months + of daily use this way before the tip seal will become hardened to the point that you would have the potential for any performance loss or it would crack (and at least twice that for the replaceable $30 element). The tip seal will become discolored after some use and this is normal, but should still work great for many months before needing to be replaced. If you see any cracks forming in the tip seal simply email me @ info@vriptech.com and I'll get you dialed back in with a replacement.

ShadowVape,

lepstadder

but you should be able to get at least six months + of daily use this way before the tip seal will become hardened to the point that you would have the potential for any performance loss or it would crack

Unfortunately i have to disagree, i use my vape often, but it is always horizontal and my rings last barely a month

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lepstadder,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
ahhh Lepstadder I appreciate the pic post as that with your obviously committed usage explains your shorter lifespan: you're really only supposed to run one tip seal on the tip only, so running two like that will hold more heat and result in shorter lifespans especially in combo with what I'm sure is higher than average...errr higher than above average usage!!! LOL I'm assuming you like the extra insulative value to squeeze a bit more heat out for some super melty concentrates you lucky dog or faster pulls....all good we'll take care of you for sure just keep in mind you'll get a shorter life span running them that way so hit me up in advance and I'll send you some spares. Just for perspective Lepstadder how many hours a day on the average would you say you've got your unit on and are you running full heat or what approximate value % wise heat?

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Lepstadder I just called Mark and got him first try (I'm playing the lotto today) and he was on his laptop so I asked him to take a look at your pics quick and he said it looks like you've got it at a bit of an angle still somewhere between horizontal and inverted with the end up against the edge of the tray so if left there on full heat the heat will still accumlate albeit a bit less than fully inverted a bit more than fully horizontal with the nozzle un-obstructed...also said it looks like a fairly thick ceramic tray of sorts that may still hold some heat from the contact. He said it has to be playing some kind of roll becuase you're getting cracking before any discoloring that we usually see well in advance of any cracking. That said he wanted me to be clear he doesn't mind hooking you on as many seals as you need as a core customer using the products to their fullest, but you might want to try a fully flat surface for complete horizontal passive positioning with the tip un-obstructed for longer life spans on the seals (the tip obstruction really accelerates the heat accumlation while in passive full-heat mode). If we haven't already got you some spares remind me who you are on here by email so I can send you spares besides some replacements.

ShadowVape,

lepstadder

Thanks for the timely reply!!!

Love you guys
really only supposed to run one tip seal on the tip only

The only reason There were 2 rings on it is so i could show you how both of them got

I only use 1 at a time, but once they start to crack i will add 2 crappy ones to try and keep them from sliding up the wand........

I use mine about 3 clicks back from full power

From time to time i will enjoy concentrates at full power but will not leave it on at that temp for an extended period of time

I would say that i def use it for extended sessions, average about 5 hours a day of "ON TIME"

As far as the slight angle from the ceramic dish it sits in i see what you are saying i spose, but heat rises and i did not figure it would cause the same type of issues as it would in say a coffee cup

Its hard to find a surface/container dense enough to keep the wand from getting it to hot to touch, as well as keeping it from rolling out of the tray.

lepstadder,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
HIt up Info@VripTech.com and we'l get you dialed. Include shipping addy and replacement rings will be shipped USPS instead of UPS since not coming from the shop and just small envelopes required. EnjoyVrip!

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Hey while I'm here Mark wanted me to take this opportunity to announce the Vrip VWT BuB that will be available March 30th. It's a nice compact Bubbler that is easy to carry, but isn't too compact to effectively moisture condition the Vapor. The mouthpiece features an 18.8mm GonG connection so seperates from the body for an even smaller packing footprint and it features our GJDS ground joint down stem just like on the VWT PerK which means it accepts the same GonG VCB_14.4mm or VCBS_14.4mm. So any of you out there already running the PerK or another water tool that accepts our 14.4mm chamber bowls can use the new VWT BuB as a traveler or back-up with the chamber bowl you already have. If you're using a PerK it also gives you a back up GJDS as it's the exact same diffuser downstem. Stay posted for pricing and pics.

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Nice bro....where you riding? Can't claim as glamorous of a day by any means, but hitting some MauiDog after a day of office work sure seems to balance the flourescent afterglow... The better the herb the better the Vrip!

ShadowVape,

IRIE Toker

Went up to Crystal Mt. here in Washington State. The best in the region. 100 inches of snow in March alone! It was sunny the whole time I was riding. :)

IRIE Toker,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Can't beat Bluebird Pow Pow like that....quality Life my friend. Mark rides Kirkwood usually and they're just getting dumped on so hard they have to dig out the chairs paths at the top....showed me some crazy pics from a few weeks ago of a chair "tunnel" at the top. He's laid up with a broken rib now (surfing in the caribbean poor guy) and is just hating it.....and I'm out all season recovering from a broken calcaneous so neither of us are getting the goods now. Make some turns for Vrip!

ShadowVape,

IRIE Toker

I was just checking out that Kirkwood place. Definitely some DEEP pow. Mt.Baker is just north of me and has the same amount of snow. Crystal mt. has less snow, but way better runs (in my opinion). I have 5 primo ski resorts all within a 2 hour commute from my house. Just one more reason why I love Washington State.. Got the Pacific Ocean, rainforests, HUGE mountain ranges, and hot deserts in the Eastern part of the state. What more could you ask for? :)

IRIE Toker,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
No doubt....Gotta love the West Coast Variety...whether geo or flowers or cultural in nature! Spice of Life. Took me awhile to make it to the West side myself, but I had visited over the years and knew I was destined for the same reasons. Crystal Mnt looks sweet! Do they have outlets for engine block heaters in the parking lot? These work great for running extension cords into the cab to power the wand mobile...sometimes looks a little funny parked there in a vehicle other than a diesel though LOL!

ShadowVape,

lepstadder

Got the rings, Lovin you guys and my Vrip

Bubba K, OGK, GRape APE, GRapefruit sKunk , citrus Skunk, strawberry lemonade, blueberry pie, Dumpster

All in one day!

lepstadder,

IRIE Toker

On vacation with a bunch of my family.. Brought some Sour Diesel, Trainwreck, Blueberry, and Shishkaberry. Gotta love walking out the back door, stepping directly onto the beach, and watching the ocean waves roll on in while roasting one!

IRIE Toker,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Good to hear we got you dialed back in Lepstadder...sorry for any lag...as usual it's back to catch up mode around here since Mark is back from holiday and all his wholesale customers are putting in big orders again right at the same time we get a retail surge....it's like the world has just figured out that vapor through the glass tubes they shelved for wood boxes, plastic hoses and bags is not only possible, but yes....ALOT TASTIER!!! Thanks for keeping me busy all and for all you new to the VRIP PLEASE remember to keep the wand tips sealed into your intakes for thickest Vrips!

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Yes I...just the shared thoughts of your holiday IRIE and a Vrip of some of Mark's Maui Dog took me there for a few....but since I can't just swing in the hammock on the beach today I'm packing some of his Strawberry Lemon Haze to speed things up (Mark tells me what to hit during the day and what to save for AFTER work hahaha)...:D The pay here isn't going to have me retiring anytime soon but I gotta give props for the PerKs LOL!

ShadowVape,

spex

any experience using the wand without the tip seal? does the blazemaster bowl require the tip seal?

spex,

spex

Ah, I saw in this thread someone mentioned you didnt have to use the seal with a BM bowl.

thought it would be convenient, considering my seal lasted ~15 days, and now I'm stuck with combusting : P

spex,
Top Bottom