Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Bigmikerican

Ty shadowvape for the updates can't wait to get my wand in hand to start the vapor milk goodness great customer service thanx again

Bigmikerican,

lepstadder

Thanks for the info shadowvape

but the heat could also back up into the housing and shorten the life of the board

This is what happened to my original wand, from leaving it in a mug

Now i leave it completely horizontal on a large ashtray

Yea my friend and I use the Sh*t out of it, lol

With the old wand i would leave it on seriously 12-18 hours a day

It would get used several times an hour for the most part

With the new one i am very selective about using it, dont want to have to go without it ever again!!

I was given 3 rings , have gone through 2

Will def email when the third one starts to go

A+++ Customer service, you guys are great

lepstadder,

Earths Essence

These seem to be one of the top notch vapes around. Too bad it has that hideous green logo and comes with a shitty warranty or I'd have one.

Earths Essence,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Done working for the day and vripping some Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk right now.... Very airy and fluffy, but very tasty and potent. In the land of bags and whips, the VHW is king!

IAmKrazy2,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Thanks for the props everyone! "Top Notch" vapor quality, that is the concentrated essence only, comes with a price Earths Essence. There is a reason why other manufacturers don't have glass encapsulated elements and optimized dimensions made out of glass: it's a real tough model. In turn, the resulting vapor quality is related to the reason why their vapes aren't left on for immediate use 24 hours a day like many of our customers choose to use the Vrip. It is the love that results from a correctly taken Vrip and the simple realities of a challenging design that require that we have a limited warranty. Most glass companies don't warranty period and I got to say working for Mark I'm blown away at how generous he is with the "warranty" and "QC" coverage judgement calls. As the actual warranty says "we will treat all on a case by case basis" and often cover beyond the stated 30/90 day warranty, but we must have a written warranty that is reasonable for the nature of the product (glass and an encapsulated heating element often left wide open) and the nature of the often extreme usage levels. It's our intention to provide vaporization tools that deliver vapor so tasty and satisfying you don't want to put them down, but we know what that can mean for wear and tear on the tools (we use ours daily...ALOT). Problems that result from any kind of defect are covered regardless of how long the unit has been owned, and except for rare exceptions will show themselves right away with normal usage anyway so easily within the warranty period. If an element burns out right after the warranty period of 90 days ends it's $30 for a replacement service (unless you can do it yourself and Mark will sell you a replacement element for less) which amounts to $10/month averaged. Even at a worst case scenario from megomoniacal vaping habits and an unlucky break on the element at $10 a month I'm calling it the best deal around when pro-rated for flavor and concentration!!! But I might be biased I admit. By flavor and concentration that is...did I mention my preference for flavor and concentration in vapor? Oh and it's funny you mentioned the decal...just saw one of the dealers send a pic of a custom Vrip decal they did to sell Mark on a new concept for the decal so you might be in luck on a future VHW (it was White with Black and Green new school Vrip logo so cleaner than the old school logo):ninja:.

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
Done working for the day and vripping some Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk right now.... Very airy and fluffy, but very tasty and potent. In the land of bags and whips, the VHW is king!

Barney's Pineapple in Michigan! Damn the world is getting better...

ShadowVape,

weissy

Hey I got a question for you guys? I just got my 3.0 in the mail a few days ago and have been using it allot over the course of those three days. It works fine I believe I have it dialed in now and I have been a user of the virptech system for 2 years almost now. Is it just me or does anyone else like the 2.0 better? I never had a problem with any of my 2.0's. (as I know some people have) However it just seems that the 3.0 doesn't get the vape as thick as my 2.0 did. If I crank up the heat on the 3.0 interestingly enough the vape doesnt increase in density really but the plant matter starts to burn or combust. With my 2.0 if I cranked up the heat some I would get thick heavy vapor hits from it with out burning it. So anyway I am just curious if anyone else is thinking my way at all? I could loose both my 2.0's tmrw and pick up my 3.0 without missing a step. However as long as I continue to have my choice I find myself enjoying my 2.0 more so then my 3.0, any thoughts?

weissy,

mca525

Weissy I must say so far I've been disappointed with my vhw 3.0. I can't seem to get thick vapor at all using the vcb and pro water tool set up. Actually using that set up I get very minimal vapor period. The only way I can get satisfactory hits is when I pack a bowl in my illadelph dry spoon and just set the wand directly on top of that bowl. This is my second vape to own and so far I have to say my old extreme v3 preformed better. However I'm still holding out hope that I haven't tapped into this vapes potential yet. I know there is a steeper learning curve with the VHW than the extreme but it's beginning to get frustrating since I spent 340 on this set up when I coulda got an Extreme Q for $180-200. Any tips for a new VHW user would be appreciated.

mca525,

weissy

Well Mca I will tell you this from someone who has the Extreme Q the Volcano and the 2.0 & 3.0 and in my humble opinion virptech kills the other two. However I still wonder why I feel like I get more satisfactory results from my 2.0 than my 3.0??? Again I could use 3.0 just fine I can but if I have the choice as I am right this second I am using the 2.0...

weissy,

VapeHead.com

Retailer
Are you guys using the glass stand to keep the wand warm? I find that kicks the temps up a fair bit, so I've dialed the wand back down. It takes a bit of practice to find the right temperature for you - try tweaking the dial a notch or a half-notch at a time, leaving it in the stand to warm up, without the stand etc.

I don't know if the temp accuracy is improved on the 3.0, but the range is far higher - would love to hear from ShadowVape or others on the differences between 2.0 and 3.0 temp range and accuracy. The 3.0 is probably more sensitive, requiring very fine changes in the temp dial. Try quarter-notches or smaller...?

Would be great to see a decal on the dial with mm or 1/64" marks to help fine-tune the dial. Anyone come across a cheap sticker like this?

VapeHead.com,

weissy

Yes I am using the glass holder. Like I said I have been using the wand for well over a year now and consider myself to be certified on it :ko: They both work and I do not want to make it seem like the 3.0 doesn't because it does. However maybe shadowvape can answer this for me. Why would you want only the tip of the heating element to get hot? It would seem to me to be more efficient if the entire element got hot like in the 2.0 I dk at the end of the day it works and works well and if you are a glass nut there is no other real choice but still like my 2.0 much better.

weissy,

Bigmikerican

I've had the 3.0 about a week and a half or so and I have the stand I follow all tips and instructions found online but still yet to really get milky vapor and I can't dial it in either it's too hot it roasts the herb or it's no hot enuff and I get a wimpy faint vapor hit I have a BM bowl as well and still can't seem to milk it which is disappointing cause it's an annoying feeling taking deep long draws and u just feel so airy cause there's hardly any vapor building idk if the 2.0 is better never used one but the reason I bought this setup was cause I'm a glass fiend and this sounded like a match made in heaven for me but so far underwhelming any tips from people who have there 3.0 hitting like a champ would be greatly appreciated

Bigmikerican,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
I have a 3.0 that milks all day long, are you sure you have a complete seal between the wand and the bowl?

EonBlue,

mca525

I feel like I'm getting a good seal myself but can't say for sure I suppose. Econ are you using a blazemaster bowl or the vcb bowl set up? I'm probably going to order a BM bowl and see if that improves my results. Not sure what to think though when some are saying they prefer their 2.0's to their 3.0's.

mca525,

Bigmikerican

Ya seals tight and I give it like 30 seconds before I start pullin and I do a couple primer pulls to get it going but just haven't got that milky vapor I have the vhw bowl and a bm bowl can't really milk with either idk maybe I'm still not getting it dialed in good cause it's kinda hit or miss don't get me wrong I'm still getting vapor and gettin medicated lol but I wanna milk my glass and see the vapor coming to me and take big vape hits but right now just an airy vapor

Bigmikerican,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
If you have a silicone ring that seals completely and you are allowing it to heat up completely and you still are not getting the results you want, I would contact Vriptech and see if they can help.

EonBlue,
Reactions: Alexis

mrandoms

Do they have a package deal with the vrip wand and the 18.8 gong bowl/adapter? Any discount for forum members?

mrandoms,

IRIE Toker

I'm way stoked! I ordered my VHW and CVB 18.8 GonG on Thursday night. I'm guessing the order won't ship out until this coming Tuesday so I hope to have it by Friday. I just got my tax return and I have been excited to purchase a high-end vaporizer. I've tried a lot of different kinds and I was ABOUT to drop 500 bucks on a Volcano until I found Vriptech's heat wand. I love the vapor to air ratio that this product seems to produce, and I cannot wait to see the claims that it's the tastiest vapor on the planet justified.. I also love the fact that since I am choosing to switch to strictly vaping from now on, that I can still incorporate my high end glass. I consider myself to be a MJ connoisseur and I absolutely cannot wait until I get to put this product to the test.

IRIE Toker,

ctk2011

Hello all - first post, but I have been lurking a while. I just got a VHW in yesterday - and I am VERY happy with it. I have a VG and a Herbalaire - and I have never had hits of vapor like I got with the wand last night. I also was more blazed than I have been in a long time!

I have to say - customer service was really good - I emailed back and forth for about a week and always got a quick reply.

I am concerned about the bowl I got though - the lower part of the top piece has a small fracture right where the two meet, I'm certain that will all be covered under warranty.

I used it last night with a small Headford inline bubbler - and man, such good vapor.

I plan to try tonight with my large WRKD inline tube.

Here is a pic of the setup from last night.

D88s8.jpg

ctk2011,

IRIE Toker

Looks great ctk2011!

So, I e-mailed info@vriptech.com to ask if my order was indeed supposed to be shipped out today. All I got was the same auto-generated e-mail telling me about estimated shipping dates that I got when I first placed my order. Am I sending it to the right e-mail? I am so flippin excited for this thing to get here.. If I don't get a UPS tracking number today I'm going to be devastated.

IRIE Toker,

ctk2011

I ordered mine on a Wednesday, and it didn't get shipped until the following Friday. From what Shadowvape told me, at the time I ordered there was about 15 people ahead of me, and they are blowing glass non-stop to get orders caught up. I wouldn't worry too much - it will be worth the wait when it gets there.

I usually don't get a reply to my email until the end of the day - about 5:00 Pacific time (you are using the right email).

Besides the fracture in the top bowl piece, I couldn't be happier with it - I have it on a surge protector and the reason I bought the glass stand is because I want to get the most out of this wand. I'm not too worried about warranty issues, it looks to me that Vriptech has more than established their reputation when it comes to the warranty.

I would highly recommend the glass stand - it is very sturdy and it seems to help warm the wand up pretty quickly.

ctk2011,

IRIE Toker

Thanks for the quick reply! I did purchase the glass stand along with my VHW. Is the surge protector necessary? I probably won't use it as much as many people on this forum do, but I imagine it would get used 1-3 times a day. I'm way stoked!

IRIE Toker,
Top Bottom