Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Bigmikerican

Hey guys noob here my girl is getting me the VHW for Christmas now I've searched the web and honestly it's priced diff everywhere some lower then the official website others more expensive any thoughts on where I should purchase it from thanx again people

Bigmikerican,

lepstadder

Well i sent in my wand to have them take a look at it,

Shadowvape replied quickly to my inquiry into the matter

hopefully they can figure it out!

lepstadder,

Luke Skywalker

Jedi Knight of the Botanic Order
Any word on when the next batches of VHWA will be available? I have a lot of fellow vapourists down here who are aching for a good vripping.

Tried some bubblehash in a vcb with some glass beads last night. By the Flying Spaghetti Monster I was totalled!

Luke Skywalker,

Ish420

Anyone know where the best place to buy this is? On the site it's listed as 199 when i thought it was 159 or 169?

Anywho..

I have a water pipe with a 18mm hole and a 14mm stem, what do i need and what comes with this? and once again, wheres the best place to order?

Ish420,

Luke Skywalker

Jedi Knight of the Botanic Order
EonBlue said:
Cool vid Luke! What setting were you running at?

Cheers bud. That last one was at about two notches below full bore. I'll look to make some more vids as time permits. Had to take my kitty to the vet again this arvo, typing this in the waiting room. :(

Luke Skywalker,

lepstadder

Anyone know where the best place to buy this is? On the site it's listed as 199 when i thought it was 159 or 169?

I believe that when they changed to the 3.0 the price increased

lepstadder,

Ish420

lepstadder said:

I believe that when they changed to the 3.0 the price increased

Ok thats fine i dont mind paying more for a better product but i'm still not sure what comes with the 199 price, like is that just the wand or is it the wand and attatchment piece for my water pipe as well / glass stand?

Ish420,

lepstadder

Just the wand with the glass cover

You need to buy the bowl separate for like $60, its really nice and is 2 parts

Or you can contact blazemaster and get a custom one for 40-50

but they dont always work perfect

lepstadder,

Ish420

So if i have a 14mm stem connection i'd just order that from the site? So i'm looking at 199 for the main tool then 50-60 bucks for the adaptor, anything else i need? and is it well worth it? like i said, i'm willing to pay if its worth the money

Ish420,

VaporTre

Ish420 said:
So if i have a 14mm stem connection i'd just order that from the site? So i'm looking at 199 for the main tool then 50-60 bucks for the adaptor, anything else i need? and is it well worth it? like i said, i'm willing to pay if its worth the money

Yea, if you have the money it's absolutely worth it. The vapor is just so delicious. My 2.0's element died about 8 months ago around when I was thinking of not partaking of the medical any longer, so I got rid of it instead of getting it repaired. Let's just say I regret that and am planning on getting another soon. The only thing I d warn you about is that, at least in the past, it wasn't the most durable device, but apparently that's mostly been fixed with the 3.0. And in the unlikely event that you did run into a problem, Vriptech's customer service is top notch (just sucks to be without it for two weeks once you're accustomed to the deliciousness!). It's like the ferrari of vaping--clearly the best but a little delicate. As to what bowl to buy: I went to the best head shop I could find and dropped a quarter(approx same size as VHW tip) in about 20 bowls and bought the one that fit the best/most tightly, as well as a 'daisy' style glass screen (essential with a regular bowl imo, or your going to lose some herbs. The daisy style is far superior to the other designs I tried). I'd also recommend that the bowl's walls be sloped so that the tip will necessarily meet a narrowest point as it goes down into the bowl (I hope im explaining this clearly enough). This worked fantastically for me, though I did have to make an hour's drive to a good headshop). Alternatively, you could buy the official bowl. Either way, buy the wand.

Now to hit my inferior box vape....good for a box but f***.

VaporTre,

Ish420

VaporTre said:
Ish420 said:

Yea, if you have the money it's absolutely worth it. The vapor is just so delicious. My 2.0's element died about 8 months ago around when I was thinking of not partaking of the medical any longer, so I got rid of it instead of getting it repaired. Let's just say I regret that and am planning on getting another soon. The only thing I d warn you about is that, at least in the past, it wasn't the most durable device, but apparently that's mostly been fixed with the 3.0. And in the unlikely event that you did run into a problem, Vriptech's customer service is top notch (just sucks to be without it for two weeks once you're accustomed to the deliciousness!). It's like the ferrari of vaping--clearly the best but a little delicate. As to what bowl to buy: I went to the best head shop I could find and dropped a quarter(approx same size as VHW tip) in about 20 bowls and bought the one that fit the best/most tightly, as well as a 'daisy' style glass screen (essential with a regular bowl imo, or your going to lose some herbs. The daisy style is far superior to the other designs I tried). I'd also recommend that the bowl's walls be sloped so that the tip will necessarily meet a narrowest point as it goes down into the bowl (I hope im explaining this clearly enough). This worked fantastically for me, though I did have to make an hour's drive to a good headshop). Alternatively, you could buy the official bowl. Either way, buy the wand.

Now to hit my inferior box vape....good for a box but f***.

Haha I hear ya, must be good if you miss it that much. I just feel like i'm wasting good herb wayyy to quickly and would rather vape for health.. this wand seems like the best way to still use my existing glass but also have healthier smoother hits

Ish420,

VaporTre

Ish420 said:
Haha I hear ya, must be good if you miss it that much. I just feel like i'm wasting good herb wayyy to quickly and would rather vape for health.. this wand seems like the best way to still use my existing glass but also have healthier smoother hits

It's really that good. My friends and I still reminisce about it regularly. As to wasting herb: you'll probably vape about the same amount of material as you would smoke, though you'll get much higher. That was my experience, anyway. And do listen about that daisy-style glass screen (looks like a little flower) if you're concerned about wasting herb. I know once I started using that a lot less good green was coming through the bowl. It's especially a concern because with vaping, you don't get that abrasive, sticky resin around the bowl that prevents most nug from slipping through. It just stays smooth, slippery glass, and a lot of nug can pull through if proper precautions are not taken. So do yourself a favor and stick a daisy in there. Actually I just remembered: this is the internet. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:
SCREEN-GL.JPG

And a question for the general audience: I saw another website selling the wand that listed it as "The Vriptech Vaporization Heat Wand 3.0 Pro 60W 120V", but it's only 169.99--the price of the 1st and 2nd models. Anyone know if I can trust that it's actually the 3.0? I'd be kind of surprised if Vriptech was letting themselves be undersold.

VaporTre,

VaporTre

Well I went ahead and bought a new wand. I had done too much thinking about delicious vapor and not enough tasting. Now the wait...anyone got an estimate as to how long itll take to get to the nyc area?

VaporTre,

Bigmikerican

Hey guys is there any other email to find out if my orders shipped I emailed the info email no response I understand they may be in and out cause of the holidays anyone know any other way to contact them thanx again and Happy new years

Bigmikerican,

stinkmeaner

Bigmikerican said:
Hey guys is there any other email to find out if my orders shipped I emailed the info email no response I understand they may be in and out cause of the holidays anyone know any other way to contact them thanx again and Happy new years

I am sure the email has reached the right people, Vrip is a pretty small company, not Microsoft.

stinkmeaner,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Thanks for all the props and good info sharing FC team...Mark asked me to check-in, make sure all was good, and let everyone know that although we have been consistantly back ordered in the months leading up to the holidays (thanks for all the business and sorry for the occasional shipping lags) we are shipping VHW 3.0s within the week ordered as of this the first week in Jan (can change though at anytime with a big batch of orders so don't hold me to it as I'm the guy that has to answer your emails LOL) and that we have recently received the EU and Australian heaters we where back ordered on so can once again resume shipping of VHW 3.0s to our family in the EU and Australia with the proper plugs and voltages.

Performance update: we recently sold our 500th Version 3.0 VHW and to date have had only TWO element failures reported, so yeah, the 3.0 element is holding it's own rather well! Probably most key to a long life of the 3.0 wand is to inspect the element position from time to time and make sure it's relatively centered at the tip as keeping the tip that glows orange from touching the glass directly will lead to the longest glass cover lifespan. The 3.0 cover is intentionally a bit looser at the tip for this purpose, but it is possible for the glass cover to shift with rough usage (put the light saber down Vader) or shipping so periodic element position checks are a good idea.

Oh and yeah, Vaportre who has VHW 3.0s listed for $169? I'm assuming it's a typo as MSRP is $225 on the 3.0 and although Mark has had them introed at $199 promo pricing on Vriptech.com and I know at least VaporStore matches our online promo pricing I'd be suprised if anyone was selling 3.0s for $169 (the promo pricing for the 2.0)....it would be an ultimately lean margin for them that's for sure. If it was a typo bring it to their attention and maybe they will honor the price for your order. That's a hell of a deal for sure because their margin is less than keystone even at $199 and most of these guys are used to keystone or greater on all other vaporizers and all but the headiest of pipes.:peace:

ShadowVape,

lepstadder

I was wondering if you guys are ever going offer the silicone rings for sale?

Or if anyone knew where i could purchase them and cut them myself

i dunno what my issue is but mine dry out and crack very quickly...

lepstadder,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Good question LepStadder...Mark has instructed me to just keep shipping replacment tip seals gratis to those that ask as there are very few who go through them very fast and he assumes that if you're going through them fast you must be using the SH$! out of the thing and therefore would be most likely to share with others and deserving of a free replacement seal when you need one! I keep riding him to just post a kit with a few of them for a few bucks to simplify getting them, but it hasn't happened yet. I guess he has bigger fish so to speak. Well come to think of it I know he does. If you haven't already just send an email through to the info@vriptech.com email with a mailing addy and I'll get a couple out to you quickly. And FYI: most of the users if not all with tip seals going quick are leaving the wand on full heat sitting inverted in a mug or our stand without using it. Leaving it inverted on full heat for a few minutes to heat up and throughout a typical session where it is pulled in and out is all good, but leaving it on full heat in the inverted position for extended periods without pulling it out to use it is inadvisable as not only will the tip seals dry out unreasonably quick from the gathered and collected heat, but the heat could also back up into the housing and shorten the life of the board. The new 3.0s have a different polymer used for the plug on the top of the housing now (black instead of gray like on 2.0s) which is of a higher temp rating to help protect the board should someone forget about their glowing VHW in the stand or a mug for extended periods, but it's still a good idea to leave it on a flat heat proof surface if you want to leave it on full heat or even partial heat to keep it ready to go at will.

ShadowVape,
Reactions: Alexis
Top Bottom