Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Extremly easy. I can adjust my vt1 in around a minute. One screw, pull the knob then push the cord enough to get to the vt1. Turn it up, close it up and your good to go. I don't ever turn my wand all the way up and my aftervape is dark brown when I'm done

minnesnowta,

yolky

Hey Minnesnowta.... you say that you never have your wand turned all the way up, however this is because you adjusted the VT1 setting correct? Or is yours set straight from the factory?

yolky,

nedvaper

Efficiency of VHW vs Herborizer: Which is the better value in the long run?

A few posts above yolky wrote that he (or is yolky a she - can't tell) was able to get a maximum of 4 good hits from between .3 and .4 grams. In a post on the Herborizer (http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=12358#p12358) 420downunder wrote that he (I saw a picture, so I know it's a he) got 27 good hits from .2 grams. Has anyone had similar (or different) results from either the VHW or the Herborizer - or both? If these numbers hold up, it would seem that the Herborizer, despite being twice as expensive as the VHW, may be a better value in the long run.

(I used a Verdamper for several months while living in the Netherlands, and while I never weighed anything, I would guestimate that I got a good 10 hits from around .1 grams.)

Along the same line, can you increase the number of hits by lowering the temperature of the VHW? Or does the quality of the hits also decrease?

nedvaper,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
were they both vaping from the same stash? otherwise how can you compare the two anecdotes?

Hippie Dickie,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hippie Dickie is correct that this is a poor way to judge the efficiency of both vaporizers

I own both but my Herbo is the standard and not the variable temp version. At the same temp, they are the same efficiency. I can turn my VHW up where I only get 4 hits, or I can turn it down and get 30.

I would say the biggest difference between the two is if you want a gong connection like the herbo, or if you like the way the VHW is. The Herbo makes a better seal, but the VHW is much easier to clear.

stonemonkey55,

standard

In the interest of, ahem, empiricism, a recent test case. Ground up .1 g.

vhw (@ 100% temp, unmodded vt1) kissing a 1000ml glass = 7 quite large vapor fulls.

standard,

11eleven11

Wow I love it. The vapor hits weren't as thick as I was expecting though. With the VT1 adjustment, it got a little better though.

11eleven11,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
11eleven11 - just curious if you own any other vaporizers to compare and contrast the thickness of the hits. Sometimes when you move from combustion to vapor, the vapor hits are disappointing because they aren't as thick as the smoke.

If you are experienced vaporist and still disappointed with the thickness of the hits, try and plug up the two intake holes on the heat wand while you are taking a hit to make sure it is making a good seal. Without a solid seal, excess air from the sides can enter which will dilute the vapor to air ratio.

Hope this helps

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
yolky said:
Hey Minnesnowta.... you say that you never have your wand turned all the way up, however this is because you adjusted the VT1 setting correct? Or is yours set straight from the factory?
Yeah my vt1 is up 1 click and I have a blazemaster which is closer to the herb than the vrip so it gets hotter. I start at about 75% on the dial then I creep it up a lil bit towards the end. And I get ~15 hits from a bowl. But that's gonna vary alot from person to person. Hope that helps

minnesnowta,

yolky

Cool cool Minnesnowta... I think that's exactly what I'm gonna do this weekend, adjust my VT1 setting 1 click higher as you have. Taking into consideration as you say, using the VCB the spice is a little further away from the wand, adjusting the VT1 should improve my results. Just as a reference Minn... is your VT1 setting like 3 clicks from the maximum setting? I don't want to exceed what you have set.

I'm a guy btw, nedvaper. :peace:

yolky,

11eleven11

stonemonkey55 said:
11eleven11 - just curious if you own any other vaporizers to compare and contrast the thickness of the hits. Sometimes when you move from combustion to vapor, the vapor hits are disappointing because they aren't as thick as the smoke.

If you are experienced vaporist and still disappointed with the thickness of the hits, try and plug up the two intake holes on the heat wand while you are taking a hit to make sure it is making a good seal. Without a solid seal, excess air from the sides can enter which will dilute the vapor to air ratio.

Hope this helps
Yeah I owned an SSV with the 7th Floor ice chamber attachment but I sold it to get this. I also currently have a vaporgenie. I think what's making the vapor hits not as thick is the "upper intake shorty" because when I kinda fiddled with it and took it off, only attaching the VHW to the bowl with the o-ring sort of sealing it, the hits were a lot more thick. The heating element is too far away with with the upper intake shorty IMO. Don't get me wrong though, it still produces vapor hits.

11eleven11,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
ohhh, i just thought of something else. The VHW retains heat better than a lot of other vaporizers so the general rule of hitting it slower to get thicker hits seems to be the inverse with the VHW.

Try taking powerful hits and see if this thickens things up

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yup SM is right on that one. It always has ample heat even for the biggest hits.
And I'm pretty sure I'm set 3 from the end. I tried taking a picture but it turned out blurry and my wand stays at my friends house

minnesnowta,

11eleven11

Okay, I'll try tonight. I don't really enjoy using tons of sucking power to get really fast draws over and over again. It kind of gets a tad strenuous after a while. It's not as relaxing as just slowly drawing in a hit, you know?

Damn man I really can't wait to try the BM bowl.

minnesnowta said:
Expect about a month maybe more. He's a busy guy and custom stuff takes time. It'll be worth it in the end
About a month from the time you order? Is that how it went for you?

11eleven11,

11eleven11

Here's my current setup by the way.

u8emI.jpg

:D

11eleven11,

THC(g)

So my vriptech is malfunctioning...

I plugged it in to let it warm up for about 5 minutes, come back to find it the ceramic orange/red/bright/on-its way-to-white colored, and hot as hell - the red "on" light was remaining solid. As I quickly moved the potentiometer down to low, the red light flickered sporadically. At various settings, it may either warm indefinitely; flicker; or exhibit normal behavior... for a few seconds, and then it's back on the fritz.

Worst part of it all is the initial over-heating mishap led to tiny cracks in the glass on the top of the second heat-exchanging donut. The deformed glass now hugs the ceramic heating element so tightly that I cannot remove the glass cover for an air test in order to see if the cracking lead to a formidable leak.

I bought the vrip about 2 - 2.5 months ago, and had to reorder a glass cover a 1.5 months ago, as a result of impact damage (thx roomie). I used it pretty normally, always with a surge protector, and it did not come with a manual to inform me of any otherwise possible damage. Their "standard coverage for the VHW is three months on the element/electronics and one month on the glass against manufacturer based defects, i.e. element burns out or glass cracks from regular usage only..." [1] I assume I'll get a replacement wand, and since the glass cracks were a result of the warranty-covered damage as opposed to "regular usage only" I am hoping for a replacement glass cover as well. I don't care, I'll pay for shipping, but that's what I am hoping for :)

Time to go query customer service...

THC(g),

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
11eleven11 said:
Okay, I'll try tonight. I don't really enjoy using tons of sucking power to get really fast draws over and over again. It kind of gets a tad strenuous after a while. It's not as relaxing as just slowly drawing in a hit, you know?

Damn man I really can't wait to try the BM bowl.

minnesnowta said:
Expect about a month maybe more. He's a busy guy and custom stuff takes time. It'll be worth it in the end
About a month from the time you order? Is that how it went for you?
I actually bought mine used from no smoke because he went with a screen bowl. So I didn't have to wait but no smoke waited around a month for both of his. If you don't want to wait you can find a bowl the diameter of a quarter or a little bigger it will most likely work with the wand. My friend even has a bubbler with a big enough push to work and I've seen stuff at the local headshop that would probaly worked.

I want to find a blower that can do disk diffused slides though. Luke Wilson makes some uuuber sexy ones that I wish were big enough

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Holy shit. Quarter sized huh? You think these will work? cuz I'm buying a VHW right now if they will.

DSCN6149.jpg

DSCN6150.jpg

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Nope has to be bigger. Quarter needs to fit inside the bowl. That's the oudside diameter of the outer glass peice. The tip is chanfered so it would work if it was a tad bigger. Blazemaster does the same on his which creates a very nice mating surface and seal. Some sick lookin bowls though. You know the artist by chance??? I friggin love disc diffused slides. I need to find someone who can make one the right size

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Damn, see that's what I figured. Those are LW slides.. I got a clear 14mm one that I use with my hakko wand, I was hoping these would work for the VHW. :(

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah if they were just a touch bigger they'd be perfect. Luke is the man when it comes to disc diffused though. I wonder if he could copy a blazemaster and just make his own disc dffused version. I'd be willin to part with mine for a bit if he would

minnesnowta,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Oooo you got one of those now too. You really like that more than the Luke Wilson?? You got the 10 arm right??

minnesnowta,
Top Bottom